• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitric0 said:
Pretty sure they go away. My RPG shots don't even register if I died as soon as I shot it :(

They don't. Maybe it's a server setting or something but I have gotten several kills by sending out a rocket and getting killed before it successfully hits and kills the asshole shooting at me. Same thing goes for grenades btw, they are just extremely useless unless people are nearly prone on top of them.

Mines are still there too after you die. Even when you have died several times the mines will stay there until someone blows them up (one way or the other), not sure if there is some time limit on them but I have many times died and changed away from mines just to suddenly get kills from some I put on the ground many deaths before. Today I even put mines everywhere and saw a jeep rushing towards me, the jeep shot me but kept on driving right into the mines I was putting there and I could see them explode on my kill cam, was glorious.

Lanbeast

If you get into a helicopter just to fly it to the front lines or just to be a jackass, STOP. I've been pretty successful in the helicopters, and getting killed because you want to be an asshole is ruining part of the game. I hate everyone that does it.

Kahoona said:
Anybody else think mortars need to be toned down?
yes

This may have been asked/answered already but I haven't seen it. On the weapon statistics page on battlelog for the engineer, why is the M39 there? I haven't unlocked it and I thought It was a recon unlock?

An increase to the spot bonus would be great and I think it's needed to make the recon gadgets balanced against the other classes toys. The game is also much more fun when people are spotting, I had a great time flying the Littlebird when guys on the ground where calling out targets. It really felt like I was giving them support and not just hunting out my own targets. The supression mechanic also comes into play more often when people are spotting, so anything that could make players push that spot button a bit more would be greatly appreciated.

tsigo said:
Yes.

I think so. Once I unlocked the MAV I was getting Sensor Ribbons all over the place. Got nothing from the T-UGS.

Ok so it works with the MAV at least, I'll try that later.

Pennybags

MrTroubleMaker said:
yes

This may have been asked/answered already but I haven't seen it. On the weapon statistics page on battlelog for the engineer, why is the M39 there? I haven't unlocked it and I thought It was a recon unlock?

Play co-op.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
F#A#Oo said:
Secondly T-UGS seems pretty useless...I have yet to find it effective in situations I have planted them.

ITT: What I stated a few days ago before I clicked and EUPHORIAFACE.JPG'd it.

Protip: Put one near the crates/M-COMs/whatever you call them in rush. Suddenly see people coming in. Put them in buildings, see people above you. Be proactive and place it for a few minutes, pick it back up and move somewhere else. You'll generally get kills and surprise people because they don't think you can see them. Ask dream. I've played recon with the T-UGS before the MAV unlocked and devastated enemies on that French Marketplace map (Sienna Crossing?) because I put a beacon down and held a choke point.

Rimfya

Banned
What made BFBC2 fun: Destructibility
What doesn't make BF3 more fun: Graphics

Seriously, screw the guy at DICE that signed off on that trade off at a meeting. I don't care how good the game looks. Destructible environments are almost entirely gone. Boo-urns.

mxgt said:
It's fucking stupid. Whoever gets B first (I forget, the team that starts in the city gets it almost every time) automatically wins because it's impossible for the other team to get past the shitstorm.

I've been on a team which has managed to take it from the enemy a few times, but it involves WW1-style tactics, ie a massive grenade and rocket barrage followed by human wave attacks.

Sec0nd

Had an insane Rush game on Seine Crossing. Was running around getting insane amount of kills and had to resort in picking up all kind of different weapons, didn't matter though obviously.

RsiHU.jpg

Dreaver

Sec0nd said:
Had an insane Rush game on Seine Crossing. Was running around getting insane amount of kills and had to resort in picking up all kind of different weapons, didn't matter though obviously.

RsiHU.jpg
Nice score, the second player had a nice K/D as well.

n0n44m

interesting about the mines still being there ...

from a little testing I did yesterday it seems you can have 2 active claymores as a support (only get 1 when spawning) , planting a third makes the first disappear.

I wonder if claymores stick around after you respawn as well?

ow and the mortar is awesome :p but I can see how it frustrates the other team when they haven't got a counter-mortar available. I don't even get that many kills with them though, but loads of kill assists :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Rimfya said:

Seriously, screw the guy at DICE that signed off on that trade off at a meeting. I don't care how good the game looks. Destructible environments are almost entirely gone. Boo-urns.

:lol Spoken like someone that never toppled buildings and decimated the enemy defenders in Rush.

Which is the main reason on Rush that some buildings don't crumble while others do: GAMEPLAY BALANCE > leveling everything and basically being an "I win" button for spamming rockets/C4 for profit.

derFeef

I envy you guys with a good KD ratio... I know it doesnt matter really, but I am much worse at BF3 than on any other BF game so far and I hate that. Don't know why.

Enosh

hmm strange, 4 games I played, 2 today and 2 yesterday don't show up on my battlelog (on that thingy where you can see a report of the game), stats shows like it should be with all the points and unlocks but the games aren't there

also has anyone a decent link to gun statistics? recoil, dmg, rate of fire etc? The battlelog is kinda useless as far as that goes

MNC

F#A#Oo said:
Man leveling Recon class is such a pain in the ass...the class really needs more points...

Spotting for the possibly of 10 points is pretty meh...it should be 10 points for every spot and another 10 if they get killed. No many people use the spot so anything to get people using the spot ability should be welcomed.

Secondly T-UGS seems pretty useless...I have yet to find it effective in situations I have planted them.

The spawn beacon is very nice but again very little points if any comes your way through that though...

Seems to me in order to quiet down the "OMGZ SNIPERZ" crowd DICE hit the Recon with the nerf stick a little too much...
Yeah TUGS seems a huge nerf over the motion balls. Motion balls were sooooo nice, throw them in two directions, see if there's a safe route or an enemy, take them out, bam

derFeef said:
I envy you guys with a good KD ratio... I know it doesnt matter really, but I am much worse at BF3 than on any other BF game so far and I hate that. Don't know why.

I think this BF has been designed for more aggressive play than previous BF games, which is a good thing IMO, but has led to a lower K/D rate for me.

Rimfya

Banned
TheSeks said:
:lol Spoken like someone that never toppled buildings and decimated the enemy defenders in Rush.

Which is the main reason on Rush that some buildings don't crumble while others do: GAMEPLAY BALANCE > leveling everything and basically being an "I win" button for spamming rockets/C4 for profit.
I never once saw that happen in BC2. You never level the entire map. In BF3 you can't bring down almost anything. Not even walls.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Rimfya said:

This isn't Bad Company 3.

Kerub

Banned
Damn, this is so fun when you get into a good squad.

There's still a lot of people running around randomly though. Maybe they'll get tired of BF and switch to MW3 when that releases?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So my cousin is playing through the singleplayer right now on the PS3 and my computer is right next to him. I can hear the PS3 struggle constantly, wtf is going on? I hear the disc spinning like mad and the machine is making a lot of noise. Obviously he can't hear it because he's using headphones but it's irritating the shit out of me.

Mikeside

I'm loving playing this on PC - struggling to keep my kills equal to my deaths, but I'm doing pretty well at taking/defending objectives in conquest.

Any advice for improvement other than constant practice?

Dreaver

Had such a blast playing BF3 tonight... I am personally liking all the maps.. The 'worst' (Caspian Border, Grand Bazaar) are still pretty fun.

I really love Damavand Peak and Seine Crossing. They're so fucking awesome.
I have the feeling a lot of maps are made for Rush and I can see why Conquest players could be disappointed. As a Rush player in Bad Company 2 I'm really loving it.

Izayoi

Banned
Yoshichan said:
So my cousin is playing through the singleplayer right now on the PS3 and my computer is right next to him. I can hear the PS3 struggle constantly, wtf is going on? I hear the disc spinning like mad and the machine is making a lot of noise. Obviously he can't hear it because he's using headphones but it's irritating the shit out of me.
Not being able to do a full-install on the PS3 kind of sucks.

derFeef

Confidence Man said:
Then why we got RUSH?

And four-man squads, and four classes, and strings of unlocks, and a shitty linear single player, and only nine multiplayer maps?
except for maybe rush, nothing of that is connected to bad company.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Confidence Man said:
Then why we got RUSH?

And four-man squads, and four classes, and strings of unlocks, and a shitty linear single player, and only nine multiplayer maps?

Doesn't really have anything to do with the Bad Company series. BC1 was much more of a Battlefield game than BC2 was, and it wasn't even on PC. This is just the path DICE has chosen.

Longshot

Confidence Man said:
Then why we got RUSH?

BF 2142 had 4 classes and weapons unlocks.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
derFeef said:
I hate that, makes no sense at all.
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I was just on Seine Crossing Conquest normal and I managed to sneak behind n Abrams with C4. Planted all 3, stepped back and detonated, but JUST as I did it, I got sniped by some asshole sitting in his spawn. The tank was obliterated, but I got no points. :/

cametall

Kerub said:
Damn, this is so fun when you get into a good squad.

There's still a lot of people running around randomly though. Maybe they'll get tired of BF and switch to MW3 when that releases?
Oh I do hope so. I watched teammates run right past the rush objectives to do god knows what.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Don't you get points for mobile respawns?

No...lol

TheSeks said:
ITT: What I stated a few days ago before I clicked and EUPHORIAFACE.JPG'd it.

Protip: Put one near the crates/M-COMs/whatever you call them in rush. Suddenly see people coming in. Put them in buildings, see people above you. Be proactive and place it for a few minutes, pick it back up and move somewhere else. You'll generally get kills and surprise people because they don't think you can see them. Ask dream. I've played recon with the T-UGS before the MAV unlocked and devastated enemies on that French Marketplace map (Sienna Crossing?) because I put a beacon down and held a choke point.

Will try this...lol

Jack Scofield said:
Is there really no way to add a server to your favorites in-game? What a boneheaded move if so.

And squad spawning is so fucked up. Too often I'll spawn and immediately die. Don't allow me to spawn on teammates if they are being shot at. Doesn't help that it's almost impossible to see your spawn points on the respawn mini-map.

Click on the server and then click the Add as Favorite button.

There's nothing fucked up about squad spawning--it would be moronic to not let you spawn on someone if they're being shot. Just watch what is happening before you spawn--they let you watch your teammate for a reason.

snack said:
That alleyway is a shitfest.

Snuck up behind the other team today and got about 12 kills before they realized what was going on.

n0n44m

leng jai said:
Okay the game is starting to click for me. I do seem to be getting killed by mortars an awful lot.

as an avid mortar user I give you the following advise when shells are raining down on you:

seek cover, go into buildings or under bridges

don't stand shooting out in the open at the same place for too long, even if you are behind something

don't cluster around with your squad/teammates

stay away from stationary friendly APCs & tanks

and most of all, get one of your teammates to fire a counter-mortar and take out the enemy mortar

Zeppelin

vaelic said:
anyone else notice the camo type you select keeps resetting each map?

Yes. Not sure how much it matters but that kind of makes all the camo unlocks useless as it is right now. It's not like I'm gonna bother with changing it every round.

JambiBum

I don't think that I have ever been killed by a mortar. They have hurt me a few times but I usually die by someone else that is finishing up the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom