• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menelaus

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
No one spots

Why, so someone else can get the kill, and you get a measly 10 points

Why oh why would you spot the helicopter/jets, you know so your teammates know oh I can take them out

They seriously need to add a loading screen Q/Select/Back button helps you win games for each platform

So annoying on PS3, no mics, if there is a guy with mic, there's so much background noise of shit happening in their household, you lose concentration

The best are the assholes who grab tank, taxi it to objective, leave tank, die, give enemy our fucking tank, GOOD JOB YOU MOTHERFUCKING MORONS, you really changed the battle in our favor

Attackers camp more than Defenders, it's fucking sad, Defenders have to be near the objective, hence DEFENDERS, Defending
It is so fucking stupid to have 4-6+ Recons and their MK11MOD sit back, and you just hear inept shooting, of just little firecrackers going off, then 30 seconds later it goes quiet due to them dieing, then the shit starts up again, repeating the process from the SAME FUCKING LOCATION
lol consoles

Why the fuck does this game not handle parties correctly. I want to play with my squad. But if there aren't enough slots in the server it picks it decides to do whatever the fuck it wants.

mcrae

The Antitype said:
More polished on a technical level, yeah.

But I've already explained my specific issues with the game in a subsequent post.

subsequent means after. lol. you want 'previous'

The_Inquisitor said:
Why the fuck does this game not handle parties correctly. I want to play with my squad. But if there aren't enough slots in the server it picks it decides to do whatever the fuck it wants.
pisses me off to no end since I only play squaded up with friends. Literally half of our games someone doesn't make it in. Then you get to wait forever for loading and whatnot, and try again. Really killing the group vibe.

tsigo

Smokey said:
Wrong. It's great once you get its mechanics down.

Yes it is. Can be used as a rushing weapon to, as it has a pretty high rate of fire.

Wait, so you've gotten one-hit kills with the SV98 not in the head? Cause I haven't seen it. Not unless they're already hurt.

mcrae

tsigo said:
Wait, so you've gotten one-hit kills with the SV98 not in the head? Cause I haven't seen it. Not unless they're already hurt.

you're playing hardcore wrong.
lol. seriously though, you still have the map in hardcore, might as well play it if you're sniping. its 1 hit kills a lot of times, even in arm/leg, depending on distance. i get about 3x kills per minute compared to the starting sniper rifles

Menelaus said:
I play on the xbox, simmer down child.

And that excuses your stupid and unnecessary comment how?

Anyways, ingnorance aside, I'm loving the game. A bit different than BC2 but well worth taking the time to figure out how to "get it done."

Last game: 3-12 5855 points. I cap spots and make bad guy tanks go boom.

Alienshogun said:
Ignore him, this is his shtick. He comes into threads and bashes the games, then when you call him out on it he says pieces he "likes," as to seem relevant whilst bashing the game as a whole.

Guy has a point though. This game is certainly a rough diamond. I've found it hard to transition even from World at War given even the most basic of UI elemets are shoddy and cumbersome. Shit like the way the text fuzzies up after selection is irritating, not to mention the poorly laid out menus and weapon customisation screens. Weird choice of colour palette too.

UI wise, this game is poor. Just aswell the action is fantastic. Makes up for it.

Menelaus

Banned
CommonSense said:
And that excuses your stupid and unnecessary comment how?
The complaints he laid out are much more symptoms of playing on a console than on a PC. The lack of quality teamplay on consoles is hilarious to me, ergo "lol consoles".

The GAF server crashes every 5 minutes and I get weird graphical artifacts on PC, so I've been saying "lol PC" for the last week too. Unbunch the panties, this game has its fair share of issues on every platform.

Menelaus

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
The Micorsoft Xbox Three Sixty based out of Redmond Washington?!?!?!
nah, mang, i ported this shit back to the ORIGINAL xbox in my spare time this week.

S controller for LIFE, son!

mbmonk

Sysgen said:
Is this fucking real? Origin scans your hard drive and your application usage? Here (if real) it's scanning the guys tax return directory.

http://s1.directupload.net/images/111028/fglehhsj.jpg

Yea. I think it is legit: http://www.destructoid.com/ea-s-origin-may-be-glorified-spyware-causes-mass-upset-209745.phtml

Supposedly the EULA on the PC version has caused an uproar awhile ago. I guess it's just been accepted by people at this point. It's seems weird.

I was all about the PC version, but I am contemplating the PS3 version or skipping it completely, if this is true.

Tracking what programs I install and uninstall? Really? This is getting insane. I could just be way late to the party though.

diehard

Fleer
I just looked at the .44 description.

"A .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world"

What the shit Dice, can you please stop doing your research from Dirty Harry movies? That is embarrassing.

tsigo

mcrae said:
you're playing hardcore wrong.
lol. seriously though, you still have the map in hardcore, might as well play it if you're sniping. its 1 hit kills a lot of times, even in arm/leg, depending on distance. i get about 3x kills per minute compared to the starting sniper rifles

Oh, I haven't played hardcore yet.

USF

So I downloaded my Specact kit DLC preorder code successfully on PS3 but its not showing up in my soldier appearance menu. Where the hell does it go? Tried downloading it again, still wont show up..

I'm bumping this .. Anyone?

Massa

dIEHARD said:
I just looked at the .44 description.

"A .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world"

What the shit Dice, can you please stop doing your research from Dirty Harry movies? That is embarrassing.

BF3 takes place in an alternate reality.

see5harp

I don't think I've ever been a fan of Antitype's ranting but I do agree with him on BF3. There is a distinct lack of polish in almost everything they've released dating all the way back to Battlefield 2 (in my experience). I'm not saying the game isn't fun, it certainly can be but there are issues on every platform.

Mikey Jr.

Is something wrong with the PS3 version Matchmaking? Keep getting kicked back to main menu, and its showing only like 2 servers. The fuck is going on?

Yeah, it's been known for a while that Origin scans your computer. It's the same thing Steam does, but of course Valve prompts you and gives you the option to opt out.

I'm surprised there wasn't more of an uproar, honestly.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
USF said:
I'm bumping this .. Anyone?

Go to "My Soldier"

Go to your classes, where you can change stuff

There's a prompt for "Customize" (Triangle Button)

You unlock the last one, SPECACT SKIN

You have to do it for each class, yes it's stupid I know

Oh and if somehow while ranking up you unlock new skin/camouflage you get that as default and lose your SPECACT skin, have to go back and re-do it all over again

So Fucking Stupid, I don't know why I got it from Best Buy, the Physical Warfare pack looks better, but I hesitated due to DICE saying it would be free later on for everyone
I mean 2 skins, I was hoping for SPECACT from BFBC2 =/, fuckers

The_Inquisitor said:
As a huge bf fan I'm pretty dissapointed on console so far. Of MW3 is superior, probably sElling BF3. :(
In my opinion the PS3 version of BF3 is actually worse, visually, than the PS3 version of BFBC2. It's very disappointing on that front.

sp3000

see5harp said:
I don't think I've ever been a fan of Antitype's ranting but I do agree with him on BF3. There is a distinct lack of polish in almost everything they've released dating all the way back to Battlefield 2 (in my experience). I'm not saying the game isn't fun, it certainly can be but there are issues on every platform.

Yeah. There are always stupid issues with every DICE game.

Why are the conquest flags not marked with letters. Why are there no bombs in the jets. Why is every map so bloody huge and yet only 1 percent of the map size is actually playable.

Their QA sucks. Always will.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, I think BF3 just fried my PS3... I can't believe this shit...

edit: gonna try again, this time I'm going to try without the network cable plugged in...

Ysiadmihi said:
Also, make sure you disable the scoreboard for the Back button or else you'll pop it up everytime you try to spot.

The scoreboard only comes up if you hold the back button for a few seconds. I've never had the scoreboard come up while I was spotting.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
sp3000 said:
Yeah. There are always stupid issues with every DICE game.

Why are the conquest flags not marked with letters. Why are there no bombs in the jets. Why is every map so bloody huge and yet only 1 percent of the map size is actually playable.

Their QA sucks. Always will.
What do you mean? You want the letters on the actual flag? You see them on the map.

elrechazao said:
Question - is there anywhere where one can still buy the limited edition pc version? Amazon doesn't seem to carry it anymore.
shagg_187 said:
I have an extra copy. If you're serious about getting it, I can sell it for MSRP and provide you the key. If not, I'm returning it to EB Games.

Let me know via PM.

EDIT: It's on sale at Amazon for $52 so it'll be unfair selling it for any higher. $50 is what I can settle for.

Let me know!

Emily Chu

Banned
TylerD said:
So AEK971 or M416 for assault class?

M416 + Holo + Grip is quite balanced for all situations my most used weapon so far 700 kills.

AEK971 is fun to use though, tight fire spread, lays down lead faster then the M416, but slightly less accurate at longer ranges.

but AEK971 just rapes anything when going toe to toe with medium to close range, thanks to it's high RPM and damage.

but over all it depends on the map and the gametype, amount of players in the room

bigger map = M416 + Holo + Grip

smaller map = AEK971 + Holo + Grip

don't use suppressors they gimp the damage too much.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
darkwing said:
on the mini map, the boxes are just blanks
Oh wow never noticed lol. I guess I just remember seeing them on the HUD. I feel bad so many people are having issues I've been playing smoothly since day 1! I had some amd drivers early on but when isn't that the case.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
The scoreboard only comes up if you hold the back button for a few seconds. I've never had the scoreboard come up while I was spotting.

On PC it comes up immediately. If it doesn't now they must have patched it since I changed the buttons.

kendrid

Banned
Calibur said:
It's pretty ridiculous that you can't quit out before the next match starts. :(

Once the round ends and you see the stats screen, press alt-F4. Your stats will save. I verified it tonight by F4ing right after a match and my squad ribbon that I had just earned was there.

tsigo

That doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

And you're at that screen for 45 seconds and then it loads the next map. Why don't they use that time to load the map?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Phew, my PS3 is alive :D

kendrid

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Holy shit, I think BF3 just fried my PS3... I can't believe this shit...

edit: gonna try again, this time I'm going to try without the network cable plugged in...

If your PS3 is dead it has NOTHING to do with the game. It overheat. It would have done it with any game.

Yoshichan

Raide said:
*puts PS3 voodoo doll away*

Great news!
;_; Don't scare me like that ever again!
Just about an hour left of the campaign, please don't crash anymore!
kendrid said:
If your PS3 is dead it has NOTHING to do with the game. It overheat. It would have done it with any game.
Oh... I thought crashes could affect it?

The first time I try to join a game after my computer has been off it always crashes. Without fail. Kind of weird.

Edit: Did they change something with controller support? Whenever my 360 pad is plugged in now my mouse becomes jittery as hell, works fine again when I unplug it. This was never a problem until yesterday.

NubInaTub said:
This game has been very, very, dissapointing. I never wanted to have to say this, but.... looks like im getting mw3. *cringes*

In what aspects? The SP campaign is one of the best first person experience I have had to date, and online is ridiculously good. The last great SP experiences for me where COD4 and Killzone 2 and IMO this Matches if not surpasses them both. Just my opinion..what are your gripes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom