• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
soulassssns said:
What is the deal with the server pings not being listed randomly?

If you're on PC then running BF3.exe as admin usually makes pings show up on Battlelog. Some don't though, probably because they are on the other side of the world.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Whelp, the SG553 is my new favorite gun. Thing's got the perfect combination of stopping power, accuracy, and recoil. I almost don't care to co-up until the G3 now.

Couple of questions:

If, in the attack choppers, the driver has flares equipped and the gunner has flares equipped, do they essentially get to fire off twice the amount of flares, or do they share a cooldown?

Also, was there ever a definitive answer for wether or not firing weapons with the flash hider attachment shows you on the enemy minimap?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Sleep Arrest said:
Wait, so if you use a tactic light on your guns it makes them a one shot?

It feels like I can't customize my m16a3 for how frequently it shoots.

Nope. Tactical light works as the light of god. Basically blinding everyone that sees it. So if you're not against enemies, turn that shit off! :)

You can switch that and the infra-red laser on and off.

Maybe you're messing with the firing mode?

jediyoshi

HotHamWater said:
If you're on PC then running BF3.exe as admin usually makes pings show up on Battlelog. Some don't though, probably because they are on the other side of the world.
It's entirely web based. You don't need BF3 installed to be able to see pings at all.

excaliburps said:
Nope. Tactical light works as the light of god. Basically blinding everyone that sees it. So if you're not against enemies, turn that shit off! :)

You can switch that and the infra-red laser on and off.

Maybe you're messing with the firing mode?

How DO you turn the light on and off?

I just figured out the D-Pad down is the fire rate.

1stStrike

Banned
Man, I always end up high on points, but I'm such a pussy hiding and shit lol. I'll have like 2 - 4 kills at the end of a round on average. I capture flags, blow up tanks, etc. but if you went by my K/D ratio you'd think I did nothing but die a lot
KuGsj.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sleep Arrest said:

Up... LOL

If left + right give you access to your accessories, then one directional button is left

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Sleep Arrest said:

It's up on the d-pad. :)

1stStrike said:
Man, I always end up high on points, but I'm such a pussy hiding and shit lol. I'll have like 2 - 4 kills at the end of a round on average. I capture flags, blow up tanks, etc. but if you went by my K/D ratio you'd think I did nothing but die a lot
KuGsj.gif

Wahaha! I find it weird that for a game that has more players than CoD, most of the times, at the end of the round the top player only has 12 kills or something but a ton of points. It's because the game has a lot of ways for you to be good, and not just killing.

I've been in games where I've only managed to kill 3-4 guys but came out on top due to flag capping, spotting, assists, etc. Such fun! Only hate it that some people are shitty teammates.

No idea why they don't spam the ammo/med boxes since the thing doesn't seem to have a cooldown and doesn't cost a thing!

jediyoshi said:
It's entirely web based. You don't need BF3 installed to be able to see pings at all.

I get that it doesn't make any sense, but Battlelog wasn't showing any pings for any servers so I set BF3.exe to always run as admin and I've had no problems since.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Can DICE add in 10 points or something trivial just for spotting, please. Or anything really to encourage these fuckers to actually spot the enemy.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
EatChildren said:
Can DICE add in 10 points or something trivial just for spotting, please. Or anything really to encourage these fuckers to actually spot the enemy.
I just realized today that there is no incentive to spot. So damn dumb.

Deadly

EatChildren said:
You already do get 10 points for spotting.

I swear I only get connection lost on the 360 when I am doing awesome in a match. Why can the servers never bomb out when I am going 2-10 and our team is getting destroyed? It always has to be a match where we are destroying the other side.

Kak.efes

Quick question. What's the flight ceiling?

EatChildren said:

This a million times over. I get so many kills in the jet when people simply spot tanks, and other aircraft. Rarely happens though.

1stStrike

Banned
Kak.efes said:
Quick question. What's the flight ceiling?

This a million times over. I get so many kills in the jet when people simply spot tanks, and other aircraft. Rarely happens though.

Depends on the map, but 800 - 1000 feet. Caspian has the highest ceiling.

Oh and yeah when people spot tanks they're super easy. I haven't been on any maps in a while with jets where I can actually effectively attack ground units, though. As soon as I lift off I'm being chased by BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP and then I just dodge them forever popping flares because they're all one trick ponies till I get bored and bail or they get a lucky shot cause two of em teamed up on me.

Why is it that you can somehow make all the way through a match on a extremely laggy server but soon as you get into a lag free game the damn thing crashes to the desktop?

Zeppelin

Just had some games on Caspian and this one guy camps the tower with his sniper rifle every single fucking round. And it was impossible to hit him because he was to high up. I think the only way of killing him would have been to take him out with the chopper, which of course no one did.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Deadly said:
You already do get 10 points for spotting.

Only if the enemy is killed, which is useless, and people just go for the kill anyway. I get implementing points just for the kill is to encourage teamwork and prevent point farming, but they need to do something because as it is too few people don't seem to give two shits about spotting.

Zeppelin said:
Just had some games on Caspian and this one guy camps the tower with his sniper rifle every single fucking round. And it was impossible to hit him because he was to high up. I think the only way of killing him would have been to take him out with the chopper, which of course no one did.

Rocket his ass then....lol

Spokker

EatChildren said:
they need to do something because as it is too few people don't seem to give two shits about spotting.
A bit difficult to determine from your point of view. Much of the frustration people have with playing Battlefield is that they are paranoid about their teammates not doing enough or not knowing what to do. Remember that even if you know what to do and how to do it, it does not guarantee that you'll be able to pull it off. In regard to spotting, sometimes I think I spotted a guy but it doesn't register. Oh well.

Even if everybody were spotting all the time, the map would not be lit up like a Christmas tree. There's no accurate way to tell whether people are spotting or not.

In general, sometimes you see these guys going, "OMG THIS TEAM SUX FUCK U" when they are near the bottom of the scoreboard and have been the entire game. Look, I know to spot, flank the enemy, find alternative routes, heal, support, etc. It doesn't mean I'm going to be able to do all those things all the time. Sometimes you just can't get anything going. Doesn't mean you're not trying. Doesn't mean others are not trying.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Zeppelin said:

Same with Op Firestorm. The two buildings in B! DICE needs to make it so that those on the friggin' roof don't get the base! Such an imbalance.

Also, Dr. Pepper codes are separate for PS3, PC and Xbox? I'm going to ask my cousin to get me a can or two in the US. Should I specify which kind? :)

Zeppelin

soulassssns said:
Rocket his ass then....lol

Trust me, I tried. And I'm pretty good with the RPG. Problem is you'll never get a rocket to hit him at the right angle from the ground. I swear to God, I rarely get upset when it comes to multiplayer games and people playing the game in their own peculiar ways but shit like that brings out the worst in me. And as it wasn't enough his soldier name was ugly too.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Firefights are just great in this game. I feel like it's all very even playing field if you got dudes in a tight corridor or staircase. Shit is intense.

Enkidu

EatChildren said:
Only if the enemy is killed, which is useless, and people just go for the kill anyway. I get implementing points just for the kill is to encourage teamwork and prevent point farming, but they need to do something because as it is too few people don't seem to give two shits about spotting.
I find that people spot quite a bit, but the problem is that it's often not as effective because of the changed spotting mechanics and the horrible minimap.

Raide

timmytheman123 said:
I still say the flashlights are complete bullshit. I swear they fucking deflect bullets

They really should not work in the daytime. :D I guess the light has the same effect as suppressive fire does.

I played 32 player hardcore rush on Tehran Highway.

I really like hardcore with 32 people. The 64 player hardcore servers I had played before were too hard/frustrating.

1stStrike

Banned
Raide said:
They really should not work in the daytime. :D I guess the light has the same effect as suppressive fire does.

Yeah, the lights are so bright that you literally cannot see anything even in broad daylight with it in your face. I totally understand combat lights being super bright, but they went way overboard. Whoever handled the lighting on their dev team must have just discovered all kinds of new tricks in fucking photoshop or something.

"Hmm... I'll just raise this up to 200% bloom... fuck yeah. They'll love that shit!"

mcrae

Zeppelin said:

wait, you can go in that tower on caspian?

also to guy above me: i totally agree, 30 -40 players is a much sweeter spot than 64. thats probably because i love vehicles and cant get to them often in higher pop servers, but still.

FStop7

Banned
Just got banned from a server (NOT the GAF Community server) for baserape because I was engaging and beating tanks on the road outside of the US base on Firestorm. It wasn't out of bounds, it wasn't in their base. But open ground. I got on a great hot streak and managed to take down 3 tanks in a row. Then boom, banned. Dickheads.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
FStop7 said:
Just got banned from a server (NOT the GAF Community server) for baserape because I was engaging and beating tanks on the road outside of the US base on Firestorm. It wasn't out of bounds, it wasn't in their base. But open ground. I got on a great hot streak and managed to take down 3 tanks in a row. Then boom, banned. Dickheads.

I really don't like uncaps and this is one reason why. You should be able to assault and capture the enemies' home base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom