• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsigo

I don't know how people can't say, at the very least, that this game has more than its fair share of jank when sometimes it won't even fully populate the enemy team on the scoreboard.

sp3000

Salacious Crumb said:
No thanks, that shit's the worst.

There was a reason certain maps in BF2 had uncaps and others didn't. It made it a lot more intense when a team could lose all their spawn points.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Sleep Arrest said:
10legacy27.jpg

I love Penny Arcade those guys are great

1stStrike

Banned
Ah, I love it. I'm in a chopper with two gunners owning shit up, racking up kill assists - and then BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM.

God damn, I can't wait until they fucking fix this shit.
LLShC.gif

FStop7

Banned
I get the need for a concession from "realism" in that players and vehicles need a spot to safely spawn and get organized. It's a game, after all. But when I'm in a section of the map that I'm allowed to be in (no countdown) and there are 2 or 3 tanks in the same area, then fair's fair. The admin didn't even give me a chance to respond before banning me - A message to All went out saying "stop attacking bases or you're done". I started to reply but was kicked before I could finish typing.

Rorschach

1stStrike said:
Ah, I love it. I'm in a chopper with two gunners owning shit up, racking up kill assists - and then BATTLEFIELD 3 HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM.

God damn, I can't wait until they fucking fix this shit.
LLShC.gif
Apparently, I just lost all my stats and ranking from the previous 2 rounds. That's what I get for leveling a class I don't like to play: I get to do it again!

USF

GraveRobberX said:
Go to "My Soldier"

Go to your classes, where you can change stuff

There's a prompt for "Customize" (Triangle Button)

You unlock the last one, SPECACT SKIN

You have to do it for each class, yes it's stupid I know

Oh and if somehow while ranking up you unlock new skin/camouflage you get that as default and lose your SPECACT skin, have to go back and re-do it all over again

So Fucking Stupid, I don't know why I got it from Best Buy, the Physical Warfare pack looks better, but I hesitated due to DICE saying it would be free later on for everyone
I mean 2 skins, I was hoping for SPECACT from BFBC2 =/, fuckers
Hey thanks! will check that once Im back home. Hope it works.

Salacious Crumb

sp3000 said:
There was a reason certain maps in BF2 had uncaps and others didn't. It made it a lot more intense when a team could lose all their spawn points.

Intense for the people playing, boring as sin for the people watching 3 dudes crawling around the map trying to cap a point.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Salacious Crumb said:
Intense for the people playing, boring as sin for the people watching 3 dudes crawling around the map trying to cap a point.

Just make it so when a team has no CPs their tickets drain rapidly.

CryptiK

Portal 2 to anyone that has the Amazon Preorder bonus dog tag code!! REALLY WANT!! Also giving away some games for the Dr Pepper codes!

PM ME!!

Salacious Crumb

Ysiadmihi said:
Just make it so when a team has no CPs their tickets drain rapidly.

It can also lead to a situation where one team has almost all the jets choppers and tanks on a map. having the main base be cappable is terrible.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Salacious Crumb said:
It can also lead to a situation where one team has almost all the jets choppers and tanks on a map.

Can't really say I see a problem with this. It makes the CPs more important, as would getting rid of uncaps.

Edit: Misread. Either way, it will make people want to defend their home base. It worked just fine in Bad Company 1 and it really does make it much more exciting. Having uncaps makes the game less competitive, period.

Salacious Crumb said:
It can also lead to a situation where one team has almost all the jets choppers and tanks on a map. having the main base be cappable is terrible.

Older BF games always featured these kind of maps, though usually they didn't feature the full slate of vehicles.

CebereLandingMap.png

SuezCanalCQMap.png

squidyj

leng jai said:
I spot at every single opportunity even though the points benefit is jack shit.

Spotting is part of my muscle memory by now. Which is problematic because I always wind up bringing up the damn commo rose and dropping my scope. and of course it's set to the same exact binding as spot, not that that means anything because changing that setting DOESN'T DO ANYTHING.

As for flashlights. Flashlights are fine. It's not that hard to kill someone using it, unless he's behind cover and right up in your face, that's about the only time it's bad but then again he'd have a good chance of murdering you even without the flashlight so whatever.

mr_nothin said:
Mortars in rush is so stupid....

This. Being able to rain explosives onto your enemies with impunity is a little ridiculous

FStop7

Banned
Big Ass Ramp said:
origin wants me to clean my disk to continue installation. THERE IS NO DISK ITS ALL 1S AND 0S

Do you have a virus scanner running? Might want to try disabling it and re-downloading.

Re: Spotting. Always be spotting. I don't care if someone else gets a kill, I just want to win the game. The orange marks over their heads help my aim, too.

DrBo42

Can someone explain to me why the starting sniper rifles are listed last in the battlelog weapons section? I don't understand this. The default SV98 is such shit when facing someone with the semi auto marksman rifles. I have to get 60 kills for the bolt upgrade for this thing to even be decent? Fuck.

scoobs

DrBo42 said:
Can someone explain to me why the starting sniper rifles are listed last in the battlelog weapons section? I don't understand this. The default SV98 is such shit when facing someone with the semi auto marksman rifles. I have to get 60 kills for the bolt upgrade for this thing to even be decent? Fuck.
huh? SV98 is nasty. 1 hit kill if ur decent at aiming

I said this in the community thread, but --
I suck at the game, but I always spot dudes and I like playing with a squad that is trying to capture objectives. I usually end up just doing ammo and health runs, reviving people and stuff. I end up with a pretty miserable K/D but I don't care. I love that it doesn't mean I end up last on the leaderboards because I'm more interested in helping the team.

I cannot fly anything worth a damn, though. Ugh.

mr_nothin

Banned
What the FUCK?!
1 Hit kills are back in? I've been getting 1 hit killed for the past 3 matches
And clipping is back in Metro. We are now officially back to beta status but somehow
it feels wonkier

DrBo42 said:

The last unlock is that you get to use the starting weapons of either side.

red731

SoulPlaya said:
I just realized today that there is no incentive to spot. So damn dumb.

Whaa?

I feel like I am the only one spotting. The best thing is when you have soldiers on ground and you are flying jet.
Like nobody gives a fuck about helping you with enemy position in the air.

I even get good at spotting that I press select automaticaly I see someone.

Just.....10....points...........

Arjen

I'm running into the same problem i have with every other MP game on the market so far.
A lot of people play objective games, not going for objectives but camping for kills.
I play CQ with 4 or 5 friends and it's so damn easy to win games just going for the flags, becasue hardly anybody seems to care to do it.
Other then that i'm having a damn good time with the time, glad i took a break from Gears and gave it a try.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Spokker said:
A bit difficult to determine from your point of view. Much of the frustration people have with playing Battlefield is that they are paranoid about their teammates not doing enough or not knowing what to do. Remember that even if you know what to do and how to do it, it does not guarantee that you'll be able to pull it off. In regard to spotting, sometimes I think I spotted a guy but it doesn't register. Oh well.

Even if everybody were spotting all the time, the map would not be lit up like a Christmas tree. There's no accurate way to tell whether people are spotting or not.

In general, sometimes you see these guys going, "OMG THIS TEAM SUX FUCK U" when they are near the bottom of the scoreboard and have been the entire game. Look, I know to spot, flank the enemy, find alternative routes, heal, support, etc. It doesn't mean I'm going to be able to do all those things all the time. Sometimes you just can't get anything going. Doesn't mean you're not trying. Doesn't mean others are not trying.

This is a fair point, but I can only go off what it feels like when I play, and I personally find myself joining a lot of fire fights where it seems like the entire known enemy force we're shooting as hasn't been spotted. Not just troops, but the tank rolling in too.

I kind of go by the thumb rule that if I'm joining the fight and also have the time to spot near every one of the opposing attacks, the several other guys I'm fighting alongside could spare a quarter of a second to do the same, if just once. Juggling can be very difficult especially if you're under fire, and it's truly impossible for me to know for sure, but when our sniper is sitting there scoping the enemy and seemingly isn't being shot at (as we're drawing the fire), and the enemy is unmarked, I cant help but feel they're not bothering to spot at all.

I don't know what its like on consoles, but on PC it's just the Q button. You can aim, move, crouch and shoot and still quickly tap the button to let everyone around you know a hostile are in the area, and where they are.

Twinduct

timetokill said:
I said this in the community thread, but --
I suck at the game, but I always spot dudes and I like playing with a squad that is trying to capture objectives. I usually end up just doing ammo and health runs, reviving people and stuff. I end up with a pretty miserable K/D but I don't care. I love that it doesn't mean I end up last on the leaderboards because I'm more interested in helping the team.

I cannot fly anything worth a damn, though. Ugh.

Heh this actually reminds me, one of my games yesterday, we had the worst pilot in the transport chopper. The guy was terrible, yet he never crashed. He just kinda derped his way to and from the Battleshop on Canals.

I couldn't stop laughing though, since every time it looked like he's about to crash, everyone bails, but then he saves it at the end. He never got killed though. Hell he never crashed, didn't have flares, but would put down the plane (extremely awkwardly) and repair it.

At the end, he really helped the team, although it's clear he shouldn't touch a jet.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
NeoCross said:
PS3 here, everyone seems to be an engineer using a SCAR and has that fucking flashlight attachment.

Well they are the only class that can destroy vehicles and accumulate fuck ton of points while doing so

I mean support gets C4, but that doesn't help much, cause support running up to the front line trying to deter vehicles isn't a cakewalk

I liked Assault having C4 but then they broke it with Ammo resupply, but at least it kept the vehicles in check/humble

Recon is useless as fuck, the drone should've been the first/second unlock, at least that class would've helped spotting etc., making the game more intense helping everyone
It's just pew pew till it unlocks, and I've seen maybe 1 drone in 15+ games of 15-20+ ranked level guys

I know this may sound weird I think BF should add the BP points from Homefront as a mode, call it something, "Field Points" or some shit
More points you earn, better shit you get to buy and use for your team
Hybrid of some sort

Interficium said:
Couple of questions:

If, in the attack choppers, the driver has flares equipped and the gunner has flares equipped, do they essentially get to fire off twice the amount of flares, or do they share a cooldown?

Also, was there ever a definitive answer for wether or not firing weapons with the flash hider attachment shows you on the enemy minimap?

Reposting in hopes of answers.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bob White said:
337 melee kills.........feels good, man

I stopped going for melee kills =/

I was trying to knife this dude, and for some reason the animation lagged, and my guy had the knife out in stabby position for ever, took, 3 swipes to kill the dude, just as I finish, his teammate spawn and stabs me perfectly....

Other occasions melee kills didn't register, or something glitched in the matrix and fucked me over

Rainy Dog

DarthWoo said:
I'm really getting sick of randomly swapping camera views on PS3 because I try to maneuver and end up hitting R3.

This is a major problem for me too. I go in or out of prone when I'm aiming with the R stick and I've died countless times just because of it.

Seems R3 is hyper sensitive in this game as I've never had the issue before and I always map crouch/prone to R3 whenever I can in FPS.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Interficium said:
Reposting in hopes of answers.
I'm pretty certain that only the driver gets and controls the flares. The gunner's loadout would only reflect things from the gun and possibly passive stuff like Stealth.

The SIG553 is easily the most awesome gun for engies that I've tried so far. It's accurate, at perfect at cqb. Though I'd suggest the forward grip at range. It tends to have a bit of a sway when firing at range.

Aspiring

Man this is good. I found my rhythm and have picked up a dew MVPs as well. What is the game match where it's 4 on 4 destroying M-Com stations? It's probably the most fun I have ever had online aside from PSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom