• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
Be Advised: We will be starting server maintenance and improvements for PC, 360, PS3 in ~30 minutes. Outages will last 1 hour. Over.
Jesus Christ I hope so!
I've even been put in squads with no squad leaders in squad leader only spawning games.
This is seriously back to the beta

Anyone else having weird issues today? Nothing on my computer's changed but I've been getting the disappearing HUD/disappearing teammates/disappearing gun bugs a ton today.

squidyj

BigJiantRobut said:
Anyone else having weird issues today? Nothing on my computer's changed but I've been getting the disappearing HUD/disappearing teammates/disappearing gun bugs a ton today.

I've had that issue before but not today. Disappearing HUD that is.

Not to troll, but how anyone was expecting DICE to deliver a balanced or even finished product this time is beyond me.
Anyone with more than one BF game launch experience was able to tell that this shit would happen. You're essentially a paying Beta Tester.
The brutal thing is that BF games are still fun to play despite the terrible shape they're released each time, but hell if it isn't frustrating to have to endure all this shit every single time they release a new game, and then have to deal with the slow patching process that even after years leaves a game that is bugged and glitched.

For once I'm really glad I waited this one out. It should be halfway patched and balanced next year in Summer. But man it is tempting to jump into this game, despite all the technical problems.

Dilly said:
The fire mode switch is such a great addition which makes me wonder why not every FPS has it.

Yeah, after playing Goldeneye on Wii I thought that switching firing mode should be standard in all FPS games with modern weaponry. Good to see that DICE included that as well.

Salacious Crumb

BigJiantRobut said:

My friend that I was playing with earlier today said his HUD disappeared as well.... odd.

Arjen

Dilly said:
The fire mode switch is such a great addition which makes me wonder why not every FPS has it.

Yeah i love that, i just wish the game would remember it, so i don't have to switch it every time i spawn.

demolitio

boris feinbrand said:
Yeah, after playing Goldeneye on Wii I thought that switching firing mode should be standard in all FPS games with modern weaponry. Good to see that DICE included that as well.

It was in BF2 but removed for the BC series to simplify controls but it's not its first appearance for the series. One of the good things about this having BF2's features again...

Spl1nter said:
speed run with only headshots, with the knife.
So you killed every single enemy with a knife headshot? Or just the ones you had to? Also what was the time you got?

From looking at the leaderboards it seems like Eleventh Hour on easy is where all of the big scores are and I'm just curious as to how you get them (haven't tried any co-op myself yet).

Oh god yes, fire-mode switching needs to be standard.

I love rolling with the M416 (or whatever model the infantry class gets), using full-auto in close-quarters, then switching to burst and single-shot for longer-range engagements.

Orgun

Feels great when you come upon a group of dudes crawling along the ground...and then proceed to knife every single one :D

Rahk

J-Rock said:
I just sniped a helicopter pilot with a headshot. feelsgoodman.jpeg
Nothing more satisfying than headshotting a pilot and watching the helicopter crash and burn. Done it twice so far.

J-Rock

Banned
Orgun said:
Feels great when you come upon a group of dudes crawling along the ground...and then proceed to knife every single one :D

Yeah, this is great. I've done it a few times. Usually a bunch of snipers on a rock. A few rounds ago I came across 3 snipers after flanking and sneaking behind. Knifed the the first guy but that fucker let out a child like sqeal and the other two suddenly jumped up. Had to shoot them both instead. Was really wanting to knife them all. That guys pussy scream fucked it all up.

Dilly

Banned
I absolutely hate it when i join a server and the first thing I see is 'your team lost'. Does it actually count in the stats? Because it happened like 4 times already.

Orgun said:
That knife yesterday was the most brutal thing ever. I had four other guys lined up in my sights you SON OF A...

-_-

snack said:
Anyone else getting hot green flashes in game. It's weird and annoying!
i've seen that on 360.

TheSeks said:
There's no way you can combine those two into a Rush map unless you want them to take two hours to complete a round.
skip the 3rd and 5th bases of Valley Run, *bam*, 5 section Rush map!

Corky said:
If I die as an engineer with anti-tank mines out, will they still be there like in bc2?
you can put out 6 while you're alive. if you drop a 7th, the 1st disappears. they stay after you die. there's a mine bug too, if you're killed and respawn, you can put out 6 more mines, and the original 6 don't disappear. rinse, repeat...

n0n44m said:
interesting about the mines still being there ...

from a little testing I did yesterday it seems you can have 2 active claymores as a support (only get 1 when spawning) , planting a third makes the first disappear.

I wonder if claymores stick around after you respawn as well?

ow and the mortar is awesome :p but I can see how it frustrates the other team when they haven't got a counter-mortar available. I don't even get that many kills with them though, but loads of kill assists :)
they disappear when you respawn.

excaliburps said:
Same with Op Firestorm. The two buildings in B! DICE needs to make it so that those on the friggin' roof don't get the base! Such an imbalance.

Also, Dr. Pepper codes are separate for PS3, PC and Xbox? I'm going to ask my cousin to get me a can or two in the US. Should I specify which kind? :)
Docks flag at Kharg is the worst for that because there's no ladders to get to the roof, but it's in the capture zone!

Dilly said:
I absolutely hate it when i join a server and the first thing I see is 'your team lost'. Does it actually count in the stats? Because it happened like 4 times already.
if you get the ribbon it counts.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sucker punching a full Growler with a single engineer rocket is so satisfying.

mcrae

so what kind of buff do you guys think the jets will be receiving?

ive encountered some extremely good pilots. makes me sad how much i suck :/

Great. EA backend servers are DOWN.

I had a lol spawn moment where I appeared right behind 3 enemies who were lying down and looking at the opposite direction. I was so thankful I had a shotgun. :D

mcrae said:
so what kind of buff do you guys think the jets will be receiving?

ive encountered some extremely good pilots. makes me sad how much i suck :/

Default canon vs ground I'd wager. Frogfoot and A-10 are fucking amazing in that regard, I can't wait for DICE to go overboard and the weeks of tears we'll get to endure.

Dina

Spl1nter said:
You cant teach talent and skill.

At least tell them what you're doing.

For those wondering, he's holding back at the bank with the police cars. When you stay behind them, you can rack up kills cause the enemies just keep spawning. Remember to spot for extra points.

It's basically a grind, but with some very helpful unlocks there, it's worth it (up to the M83 myself).

aranth

doomed1 said:
I'm pretty certain that only the driver gets and controls the flares. The gunner's loadout would only reflect things from the gun and possibly passive stuff like Stealth.
Wrong. Gunner and pilot can both carry flares and each on their own cooldown. Optimal setup would be jammer + flares, making the helicopter virtually immune to missiles.

mr_nothin

Banned
See, this is exactly my problem with stats servers. It negates having dedicated servers. Since the stats servers are always trying to pull stats from every single player in a game across all games, it bogs the stats servers down which in turn....delays and stresses the actual game servers. That causes universal lag for everyone on what is supposed to be a dedicated server. Makes it feel like a p2p game.

I say, just update the stats when the game isnt taking place. Just wait until the end of the round in order for the server to send and fetch stats information. With the servers trying to stat fetch from hundreds of thousands of players...it's causing massive lag for everyone.
I'd take some mid-game stat loss over this freakin lag/rubberbanding. Seperate the stats server and the dedicated game server a little more so it doesnt affect everybody negatively all at once. No point in having a dedicated server if it's going to be held back by the laggy stats servers....

EDIT:
I'm able to join/play games right now :D

I just had my best round ever. Conquest on Operation Metro. I shot people left and right with the SV98. Headshot after headshot. I felt like Bob Lee Swagger. 18:1 kills and maybe another half of the whole round to go. I'm not telling lies.

And then "Connection to EA Online was lost".

untitled-2-2aprq.gif

2egffq97u59.gif

J-Rock said:
Yeah, this is great. I've done it a few times. Usually a bunch of snipers on a rock. A few rounds ago I came across 3 snipers after flanking and sneaking behind. Knifed the the first guy but that fucker let out a child like sqeal and the other two suddenly jumped up. Had to shoot them both instead. Was really wanting to knife them all. That guys pussy scream fucked it all up.

Oh man, I laughed way too hard at this.

desu

CozMick said:
How are people adding BF3 to there veteran status?

All I see is this....

No BF3 in sight :(

I thought it was getting added automatically? You could always ask the support.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Oh geeze i blow at this game, making the jump from consoles (pwning kids) to BF3 on the PC (hardcore players) has turned me into a run of the mill noob..

It's gonna take me a good month to get good at this, and years to perfect my skill.

Sticking with this game for a while.

also tips, give me some tips

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I asked support for my BF1942+expansions and 2142 vet stuff since my keys never worked and Kamal threw in Vietnam even though I've never played that. You can probably just lie and they'll give you them.

Dilly

Banned
CozMick said:
Some are pre order bonuses, but most are unlocked by setting certain goals with weapons or objectives.

Do you have to select them somewhere to show up or is it done automatically?

CozMick

Banned
Dilly said:
Do you have to select them somewhere to show up or is it done automatically?

Go to My Soldier in the main menu, you get to select dog tags, then you have the choice to select 2 tags at a time to show off when you kill someone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom