• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostinatto

Patrick Bateman said:
I just had my best round ever. Conquest on Operation Metro. I shot people left and right with the SV98. Headshot after headshot. I felt like Bob Lee Swagger. 18:1 kills and maybe another half of the whole round to go. I'm not telling lies.

And then "Connection to EA Online was lost".

been there :(

Enkidu

CozMick said:
How are people adding BF3 to there veteran status?

All I see is this....

Untitled-1.png

No BF3 in sight :(
BF3 automatically shows up on Battlelog, but not on the old BC2 site.

mr_nothin

Banned
derFeef said:
I love them, and they are way less effective as in BC2, which is good.
Also.. I hate that term.
The point he's making is that you've given up the ability to heal teammates. Most medics are running around with the m320 instead of medkit.

derFeef

mr_nothin said:
The point he's making is that you've given up the ability to heal teammates. Most medics are running around with the m320 instead of medkit.
I am not sure he meant it that way, and if, it is a tradeoff which is nice as it makes the class really customizable. Love the 4-class system so far.

Khal_B

Patrick Bateman said:
I just had my best round ever. Conquest on Operation Metro.
And then "Connection to EA Online was lost".

2egffq97u59.gif

Holy shit, now I gotta watch this movie.

I know how you feel though, a few times I've been on really excellent runs, only to be "disconnected from the server." The one that really pissed me off though was "kicked by administrator". Screw that shit.

derFeef said:
I am not sure he meant it that way, and if, it is a tradeoff which is nice as it makes the class really customizable. Love the 4-class system so far.

hahahah lol... seriously??? Yeah, I'm guessing you're serious.

Also, he clearly did mean it that way.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Anyone else also get the odd issue of C4 looking like it's stuck to a vehicle as you chase it only then to detonate it and it's classified as a suicide? It's happened so many times.

Guys I'm having headaches trying acces Battlelog and linking PSN/Gamertag to EA Master Account.
If this is off-topic, please PM me.

So it all started when I tried to register myself in Battlelog. Went to the website, tried to log in with my EA Master account and got slapped in the face: Buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog. I was like wtf? I bought the LE and just played online for hours.. (Xbox 360). So I went to my EA Master website to see if Battlefield 3 is linked in, when I see that my Xbox Gamtertag and PSN ID are not linked anymore! Huge wtf moment, becous I'm a LVL 2 BF Veteran.

Having a Veteran status means I already have linked my Gamertag/PSN ID. It even says on this website: http://veteran.battlefield.com/

Step 1: Link your Xbox Gamertags, PSN IDs and old master accounts to your main EA account that you will use for the Veteran Program.

-----------------------------------------------------------
So if I have veteran status, that should mean I already have linked my GT/PSN ...

So obviously, I should relink my Gamertag/PSN ID. How to I do this? I keep beeing redirected to a place where I can't link my Gamertag.

- Battlefield Veteran gives me an option to link Gamertags/PSN ID's but redirects me to my EA Master profile page
- That page does not have the option to link Gamertag/PSN.
That page only shows: My Info, My Preferences NEW and Select A Default Persona

Then I googled: Link Gamertag to ea master
and it got me here: https://account.ea.com/reg/xbl/gamertag-howto.jsp?site=xbl&skin=bfmc&locale=en_US

When I enter my gamertag it says:
HollovVpo1nt,

When you first played an Xbox Live enabled EA game online, an email was sent to you with instructions detailing how to link your Gamertag to an EA Account. Please follow the link found in that email to proceed with the linking process.

To have the email resent to you, click here.

So when I tried to get the email resent but I'm still waiting for that email...

I'm really on verge of a mental breakdown, please help me :(

iNvid02

HollovVpo1nt said:
Guys I'm having headaches trying acces Battlelog and linking PSN/Gamertag to EA Master Account.

So it all started when I tried to register myself in Battlelog. Went to the website, tried to log in with my EA Master account and got slapped in the face: Buy BF3 to get access to Battlelog. I was like wtf? I bought the LE and just played online for hours.. (Xbox 360). So I went to my EA Master website to see if Battlefield 3 is linked in, when I see that my Xbox Gamtertag and PSN ID are not linked anymore! Huge wtf moment, becous I'm a LVL 2 BF Veteran.

Having a Veteran status means I already have linked my Gamertag/PSN ID. It even says on this website: http://veteran.battlefield.com/

Step 1: Link your Xbox Gamertags, PSN IDs and old master accounts to your main EA account that you will use for the Veteran Program.

So if I have veteran status, that should mean I already have linked my GT/PSN ...

So obviously, I should relink my Gamertag/PSN ID. How to I do this? I keep beeing redirected to a place where I can't link my Gamertag.

- Battlefield Veteran gives me an option to link Gamertags/PSN ID's but redirects me to my EA Master profile page

and it got me here: https://account.ea.com/reg/xbl/gamertag-howto.jsp?site=xbl&skin=bfmc&locale=en_US

HollovVpo1nt,

When you first played an Xbox Live enabled EA game online, an email was sent to you with instructions detailing how to link your Gamertag to an EA Account. Please follow the link found in that email to proceed with the linking process.

when i wanted to link multiple id's to my one ea account i chatted with support for about 10 minutes and they did everything.

quit beating yourself up and let support do it for you

eek5

HollovVpo1nt said:

HollovVpo1nt,

Yeah just contact support. When I did it back in the day I remember having to stumble upon some legacy site that allowed me to do it but those things are probably long gone by now.

Orgun

Foliorum Viridum said:
That knife yesterday was the most brutal thing ever. I had four other guys lined up in my sights you SON OF A...

-_-

You don't know how happy that made me when I saw it was your dog tags i'd just snagged :D

iNvidious01 said:
when i wanted to link multiple id's to my one ea account i chatted with support for about 10 minutes and they did everything.

quit beating yourself up and let support do it for you

Chatting as in text chat or chatting as in calling them by phone? Couse their support page is a huge FAQ

Edit: I think I found their number, I'll call them.

Had a guy go invincible in a round yesterday. Could not be spotted and could not be killed despite an entire squad unloading on him. Don't know if it was intentional glitching or just a bug. Happened on Conquest Metro.

mr_nothin said:

They are called "assault", not medics. Playing medic is an option

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
After finishing the campaign, I have to say that I kind of enjoyed it. It got off to a slow start, but it ended up offering a good time.

Did anyone happen to notice the Mirror's Edge influence in a couple areas throughout the campaign? In particular the offices you wander through during the Paris mission. They could have been plucked directly out of Mirror's Edge. The music used towards the end of that chapter was also reminiscent.

Man, I'm loving the AEK-971 in this game. It has the perfect balance of power and accuracy for me.

Does anyone else have an absolute blast using the grenade launcher as an "I give up" weapon when someone is either too far away or in cover? I have had so many awesome kills where I decide that a guy is too far away for me to kill so I just take it out and fire off a quick grenade right before running in another direction. It's especially satisfying when people are trying to take cover in towers and you just blow the whole thing up. Also, as with BC2, it's great for making alternate routes in Rush.

Snookie

is there a site or chart that goes over the weapons. i'm kinda new to the battlefield series so I was just curious about that. i got the m4 with my engineer class but i'm just not feeling it. I'll probably go back to the scar for a bit

This is game is really making it hard for me to like it.

Am I crazy or the controls a little off? Why the hell am I wishing I had analogue sticks in a PC FPS!?

Half the time I'll join a match and the menu will show up 50% smaller than it should be and the cursor will be all screwed up forcing me to close the game from task manager. Other times I'll deploy and the camera will be spazzing out leaving me no option but to commit suicide.

I have a really hard time spotting enemies in this game. "is that a tiny orange triangle off in the distance or a particle effect?" *dies*

It's just not clicking at the moment.

MrCookiepants said:
Am I crazy or the controls a little off? Why the hell am I wishing I had analogue sticks in a PC FPS!?

Half the time I'll join a match and the menu will show up 50% smaller than it should be and the cursor will be all screwed up forcing me to close the game from task manager. Please tell me I'm not alone here.

Yea you are crazy, sorry. :(

As a relatively new fan of the Battlefield series I'm kind of curious what the PC community thinks of the game so far. I own BF 1942 but I never played it much and BC2 is really the first BF game that hooked me.

What I'm wondering is, does this game feel like a proper sequel to BF2 to you guys, or does it feel more like a BC3? Somewhere in between?

Orlandu84

MrCookiepants said:
This is game is really making it hard for me to like it.

Half the time I'll join a match and the menu will show up 50% smaller than it should be and the cursor will be all screwed up forcing me to close the game from task manager. Other times I'll deploy and the camera will be spazzing out leaving me no option but to commit suicide.

I have a really hard time spotting enemies in this game. "is that a tiny orange triangle off in the distance or a particle effect?" *dies*

It's just not clicking at the moment.
I had almost the exact same problems in Alpha, excepting the menu being 50% smaller. The game just felt off and frustrated me so much that I didn't even tryout the Beta. Then for some reason everything clicked on release. My only insight from this experience is that it takes a while to get used to the scale of the game and the way things move on the map. I am still pretty clunky with going prone, but I am getting better.

I have the PS3 version... I feel like I just payed for a Beta.
Still liking it though but there is alot of stuff to fix.

Audio is a mess - constantly going on and off.
Reload animations that don't play.
Screen flashing green/blue
Weak framerate
Controller lag sometimes.
Weapon visibility glitching
Squad audio broken
rubber band like LAAAAAGGG

Get on it DICE

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The_Darkest_Red said:
As a relatively new fan of the Battlefield series I'm kind of curious what the PC community thinks of the game so far. I own BF 1942 but I never played it much and BC2 is really the first BF game that hooked me.

What I'm wondering is, does this game feel like a proper sequel to BF2 to you guys, or does it feel more like a BC3? Somewhere in between?

Depends the map, but as a whole yes, I feel it is a proper sequel to Battlefield 2. Maps like Caspian and Firestorm channel the old school mood and scope of Battlefield, and with 64 players matches can become quite exciting and varied.

Maps like Metro however seem heavily inspired by Bad Company 2, and in my opinion aim to give a similar feeling.

derFeef

The_Darkest_Red said:

It pretty much feels like a true sequel to me, but it largely depends on the maps. Firestorm and Caspian are true Battlefield maps, it does not get any better than that. But then DICE made weird choices with some map designs and the game can feel very much like Bad Company (Damavand, Metro, Bazaar).

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
SilverBullet said:
I have the PS3 version... I feel like I just payed for a Beta.
Still liking it though but there is alot of stuff to fix.

Audio is a mess - constantly going on and off.
Reload animations that don't play.
Screen flashing green/blue
Weak framerate
Controller lag sometimes.
Weapon visibility glitching
Squad audio broken
rubber band like LAAAAAGGG

Get on it DICE
A lot of those issues are in the pc version as well.

EatChildren said:
Depends the map, but as a whole yes, I feel it is a proper sequel to Battlefield 2. Maps like Caspian and Firestorm channel the old school mood and scope of Battlefield, and with 64 players matches can become quite exciting and varied.

Maps like Metro however seem heavily inspired by Bad Company 2, and in my opinion aim to give a similar feeling.
Yeah, some of the maps definitely have more of a small-scale, infantry focused feel. I don't mind the variety but I also enjoy the occasional CoD match so I guess it's just a matter of taste. I would hate playing a map like Metro with anything more than 24 players, though. That sounds terrible.

Even though I only spent a short amount of time with BF 1942 I did get some vibes when I was playing Kharg Island. And yeah, Caspian and Firestorm definitely have that large scale feel to them. Of course, all of my experience is with only 24 players so the game still feels pretty similar to BC2 to me, even on the larger maps.

I also play rush exclusively so who knows how widely different our experiences are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom