• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Forsaken82 said:
Its a close_mid range ar. If you are trying to snipe people with it then yeah its pretty useless...

I was playing on Seine Crossing and was losing my 1v1's and other CQC situations...switched back to the M16 and I was doing alot better...

It was only one game but you can usually tell by how the gun feels...and it's probably not for me...

Battlefield 3 Mythbusting

F#A#Oo said:
Is it just me or is the M416 really terrible...?

I'm not a fan, but I get killed by it a lot.

Fav weapons so far:

M4A1 w/holo, foregrip, and heavy barrel or suppressor (depending on situation): great ROF, absolutely destroys at close-mid range. Seems to lose a lot of power at long range--~6 shots to kill
SCAR-H w/holo, foregrip, and heavy barrel or suppressor: beast at close range and heavy barrel is manageable at close/mid. Never been a fan of using SCAR at range, so it's not an issue for me

A-91 is getting up there--I feel like it's just a step away from being OP because of ROF and decent damage, but it's not the beta UMP or anything. Can't wait to try out the SG553, need to tear myself away from MP.

Not really seeing the point of the flash suppressor. Hides your flash, but decreases accuracy in single and auto fire? They really should have just made it so it hides your flash, because it doesn't have enough advantages over a regular suppressor, which increases bullet drop and has slight damage decrease at range, but also decreases recoil.

Sec0nd

I don't know if it's just me but I get crazy amount of kills and just points playing Recon. In my eyes they would be extremely over powered if they had some tank destroying capability's.

ElyrionX

Has anyone experimented with the video settings to see whether toning down the settings to low would give an edge in multiplayer? For example, I read somewhere that lowering smoke to low helps with visibility which is interesting because smoke is one of those things that always obstructs my view. Or has the game been programmed in such a way as to be fair regardless of what settings you use?

So far, I've tried toning down the terrain decoration from high to low and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I could be wrong on this but I'm too lazy to try to do some kind of direct A/B comparison.

Anyone?

ElyrionX said:
Has anyone experimented with the video settings to see whether toning down the settings to low would give an edge in multiplayer? For example, I read somewhere that lowering smoke to low helps with visibility which is interesting because smoke is one of those things that always obstructs my view. Or has the game been programmed in such a way as to be fair regardless of what settings you use?

So far, I've tried toning down the terrain decoration from high to low and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I could be wrong on this but I'm too lazy to try to do some kind of direct A/B comparison.

Anyone?

You can probably turn down effects quality to improve your visibility, terrain stuff doesn't change though.

I usually play as Recon with an 870 while on the smaller maps, using the beacon to keep the squad close to objectives and the motion sensor mainly for defensive purposes.

This tactic works great for defending the first B mcom on Seine Crossing. You can play this with a sniper rifle as well, placing the beacon in the garage across from B and the motion sensor at the door near the attackers spawn and go prone on the container above B and snipe through the hallway.

Facism

Got my first Squad Wipe ribbon. The first squad i wiped out were trying to cap B on Damavand, and i got the drop on all of them. ran out of ammo by the 4th guy (SCAR-H clip :<) so managed to shank the Assault before he could revive his friends.

The second wipe was funny shit. I mined the tunnel entrance and a tank comes rolling in, stops short of the mines, clearly noticing them. I fire off a rocket at it just as a jeep decides to drive past the stationary tank, setting off my mines as the rocket hits the tank. 2 disables, 2 vehicle kills, 6 actual kills. Battlefield moment!

Fucking loving engineer. The SCAR-H is beast and options for both ground and air vehicle countermeasures.

WEGGLES

ElyrionX said:

Anyone?
I recall an article somewhere about how playing on lowest would not provide a visual advantage over those on high or ultra.

Ikuu said:
Recon kit is pretty terrible, not sure why they took away C4 and even Claymores from it.

Its pretty clear that what they wanted out of the Recon class was for it to camp and just camp, at that point they should have just called it a sniper. It was way easier to be more productive to your team as a recon in BC2, i miss the radar balls so bad, why does it have to be such a pain in the ass to deploy the T-UGS and once its deployed its almost useless, faint beep and target appear for like .10 of a second.

Spokker

WEGGLES said:
I recall an article somewhere about how playing on lowest would not provide a visual advantage over those on high or ultra.
Correct. All of the bushes and smoke are still there on low.

see5harp

Dipswitch said:
Anyone know what the equivalent is on XBox 360? Sorry, should have mentioned that!

A button I think. DICE is so brilliant they didn't even put that in the controls menu. Also A is the button that opens you chute (also omitted).

F#A#Oo said:
I was playing on Seine Crossing and was losing my 1v1's and other CQC situations...switched back to the M16 and I was doing alot better...

It was only one game but you can usually tell by how the gun feels...and it's probably not for me...

I guess. I personally like it but I do more dm stuff..may not be the best for conquest or rush if that's what you are primarily playing. It is a relatively low damage gun I think.

AndyD

aka andydumi
-Stranger- said:
Just played this for two hours straight, so much fun
Trying to improve my K/D Ratio it's on 0.55 at the moment.

Dont worry about KD. Worry about points and doing goals, arming/disarming, defending and taking flags. KD is unimportant in this game, and you can get far more points and have far more fun doing side stuff as well. The only thing about kills is that they are needed to unlock weapon addons.

Ikuu said:
Recon kit is pretty terrible, not sure why they took away C4 and even Claymores from it.

If they gave recons back the throwable motion sensors it would be far better. tugs is pretty weak by comparison.

The A-91 is great, but it looks so ugly that I don't really want to use it. Even worse with that cobra sight on top. I hope the G36 is just as good, that thing is a beauty.

I just bought the game, so I don't know a lot about it. But why the fuck is it that when I just take off with my jet, I hear something cracking and I can't control it anymore. Or barely. What causes this? (When I wait 10 sec, I can control it again though.)

Ikuu said:
Fuck DICE for making the parachute utter shit.

I've had a fair number of WTF I DEPLOYED IT deaths, but I think half of these are me thinking that I'm still playing BC2 and that I can not only insta-deploy my chute, but a three story jump won't kill me.

AFAIK, there's a longer "minimum fall distance" before it deploys, and it's not an instant safety blanket--it takes a moment for the chute to fully deploy, so if you jump three stories and "deploy" five feet from the ground, you're still going to be fucked up. Whereas in BC2, it would just instantly pop out and save you.

I use the stairs a lot more now.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
I've had a fair number of WTF I DEPLOYED IT deaths, but I think half of these are me thinking that I'm still playing BC2 and that I can not only insta-deploy my chute, but a three story jump won't kill me.

AFAIK, there's a longer "minimum fall distance" before it deploys, and it's not an instant safety blanket--it takes a moment for the chute to fully deploy, so if you jump three stories and "deploy" five feet from the ground, you're still going to be fucked up. Whereas in BC2, it would just instantly pop out and save you.

I use the stairs a lot more now.

Ya it kind of sucks. Makes my 3 story 720 jump no scope headshots a lot more riskier.

faulty_fork said:
The A-91 is great, but it looks so ugly that I don't really want to use it. Even worse with that that cobra sight on top. I hope the G36 is just as good, that thing is a beauty.

Yeah, it is pretty fucking ugly.

Not a fan of the G36 in this compared to alpha/beta. Feels a bit nerfed. Something just feels "off". I went back to the M4/SCAR after trying it out.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
faulty_fork said:
The A-91 is great, but it looks so ugly that I don't really want to use it. Even worse with that cobra sight on top. I hope the G36 is just as good, that thing is a beauty.

Like I posted earlier, I think the A-91 feels far too light and under-powered compared to the SCAR-H. Takes more shots to down enemies. Not a fan.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Forsaken82 said:
I guess. I personally like it but I do more dm stuff..may not be the best for conquest or rush if that's what you are primarily playing. It is a relatively low damage gun I think.

Yeah I play Conquest only...

iam220

I spent a few hours yesterday on the Canal map .. and it's actually really good. One of my favorites actually.

F#A#Oo said:
Is it just me or is the M416 really terrible...?

It's actually awesome. Especially 3 round burst. With the 3 round, once you get the clicking rhythm down it's really deadly. Except for long ranges, my god it takes a lot to kill someone at 100m+. They really need to buff the assault class to have less damage drop off with distance.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Samus4145 said:
I still don't understand the hate, I'm enjoying the controls on PS3. Feels like KZ2.

That isn't a good thing... :p

iam220 said:
It's actually awesome. Especially 3 round burst. With the 3 round, once you get the clicking rhythm down it's really deadly. Except for long ranges, my god it takes a lot to kill someone at 100m+. They really need to buff the assault class to have less damage drop off with distance.

I do usually like burst fire weapons...tonight I shall give it another chance...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Emily Chu said:
All the other guns are terrible compared to the M416/AEK971 Master Race.... : /

F2000 Meeeeeeeh

M4 on 3 shot burst > else. I'll NEVER switch. Really, burst > full auto. Once I made that switch, my survivability went way, way, way up.

eravulgaris said:
I just bought the game, so I don't know a lot about it. But why the fuck is it that when I just take off with my jet, I hear something cracking and I can't control it anymore. Or barely. What causes this? (When I wait 10 sec, I can control it again though.)
I'd also like to know the answer to this. It doesn't happen right when I take off. My jet will shudder a little bit like it's been hit by a rocket. I can rotate but I can't nose up or down so I can't turn at all. I'm still at 100% health and everything goes back to normal after 5-10 seconds...

commish said:
M4 on 3 shot burst > else. I'll NEVER switch. Really, burst > full auto. Once I made that switch, my survivability went way, way, way up.

Interesting, I'll have to give the M4 a shot. All I'd heard from people until you was that it was useless.

Zeppelin

commish said:

How do you change that?

I really don't feel like switching weapon with the way DICE have decided to do weapon unlocks. I'm far to fond of my IRNV to bother unlocking it with another weapon.

commish said:

The problem is, when I pull the trigger like 2-3 times, it seems like it's shooting full auto... I think it's due to lag or something?

Cobra84

belvedere said:
Anyone use the G3A3? It seemed awesome in co-op but I'd like to know if it's worth all that co-op time required to unlock it.
It is worth it. It is very similar to the Scar-H, but it's slower rate of fire make it a bit easier to handle the recoil at long range.

MrOogieBoogie said:
Like I posted earlier, I think the A-91 feels far too light and under-powered compared to the SCAR-H. Takes more shots to down enemies. Not a fan.

Yeah the SCAR has treated me good thus far so I'll probably stick with it for a while.

Another thing that annoys me is that when you have the AEK with the underslung grenade launcher the hand of the player wont grip the gun, it's floating slightly underneath and it looks pretty bad. Hopefully they can patch that.

Spl1nter said:
sig 553. just beast

Really need to grind co-op, so jealous right now.

Anyone notice the DICE-employee only stuff? So far it looks like:

-Ballistic scopes for assault/carbines/shotguns
-Suppressor for shotguns
-Flash hider for sniper rifles
-M1911 w/tac light and suppressor

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
eravulgaris said:
The problem is, when I pull the trigger like 2-3 times, it seems like it's shooting full auto... I think it's due to lag or something?

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's annoying.

And I never knew people considered the M4 to be useless... maybe I'd do even better with a different weapon? I don't think I'll change though. I'm in love.

mxgt

Banned
Can't say I'm a fan of having to grind Co-op to unlock some weapons seeing as I have no interest in it whatsoever.

desu

Cobra84 said:
It is worth it. It is very similar to the Scar-H, but it's slower rate of fire make it a bit easier to handle the recoil at long range.

Its accuracy and distance are awesome, however I would take the AN94/F2000 over it any day.

desu

mxgt said:
Can't say I'm a fan of having to grind Co-op to unlock some weapons seeing as I have no interest in it whatsoever.

It sucks balls, was so happy when it was over.

I recommend Hit and Run on easy, then rush with your partner through the level. Takes about 5-6min and gives around 12k points.

desu said:
It sucks balls, was so happy when it was over.

I recommend Hit and Run on easy, then rush with your partner through the level. Takes about 5-6min and gives around 12k points.

Do the points not increase on harder difficulties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom