• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
How the hell do you get the MCOM defender ribbon? I thought you just had to shoot guys near the MCOM 4 times, but apparently 15 minutes of shotgunning fools at 1st set grand bazaar didn't cut it. Do you have to disarm 4 times or what?

Emily Chu

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Really need to grind co-op, so jealous right now.

Anyone notice the DICE-employee only stuff? So far it looks like:

-Ballistic scopes for assault/carbines/shotguns
-Suppressor for shotguns
-Flash hider for sniper rifles
-M1911 w/tac light and suppressor

DLC in the future ? or the game is really just unfinished and there still balancing

prolly a bit of both...

u get the M1911 + tac light + SUppressor but being a member of gun club

Emily Chu said:
u get the M1911 + tac light + SUppressor but being a member of gun club

I don't think so--Demize said it's for the devs only right now. You can get the M1911 + tac, or M1911 + suppressor, but not M1911 + tac + suppressor.

desu

Anton Sugar said:
Do the points not increase on harder difficulties?

I havent made that experience, I played a couple of levels on different difficulties. I got a little more, sometimes 1-2k but thats about it, nothing that is worth playing on hard.

Rahk

Starting to love the MAV! It still provides me with joy every time I get a kill.

Managed to get 3rd on my team and I was primarily using the MAV. Got 4 kills with it and a bunch of surveillance ribbons. Once it was shot down I just took a Jeep and stormed the closest objective by myself, since I chose not to be in a squad (didn't want to piss people off just lying on the ground). Managed to get a flag attacker ribbon with my trusty SV98 4x scope and silencer. Whenever I died, out came the MAV again.

I found a good tactic is when a team mate is close to the enemy, I'd fly in and distract them by flying straight at them and trying to kill them. If I miss, the team mate kills them and I still get the spot bonus. I'd love to see what it looks like on the other end when I take someone out.

Too bad Battlelog doesn't keep track of MAV kills.

5aRCB.jpg

KePoW

Banned
ii Stryker said:
I usually play as Recon with an 870 while on the smaller maps, using the beacon to keep the squad close to objectives and the motion sensor mainly for defensive purposes.

Haha I run this exact setup on Bazaar, it actually works pretty well since the shotgun is powerful.

I'm really glad they didn't force Recon to only use sniper rifles.

Emily Chu

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
I don't think so--Demize said it's for the devs only right now. You can get the M1911 + tac, or M1911 + suppressor, but not M1911 + tac + suppressor.

hmm didn't notice that played on a bunch of random PC servers that had everything unlocked.

tried out all the weapons for AR class and just went back to good ole M416/AEK971 combo.

Prologue

eravulgaris said:
The problem is, when I pull the trigger like 2-3 times, it seems like it's shooting full auto... I think it's due to lag or something?

M4A1? It says there no burst fire on battlog.

Gui_PT

I need urgent help!

I just redeemed the spekat code or whatever it's called but I accidentally cancelled.

How do I re-download it?

I forgot about it, but how do you use unlocked camo patterns? I never even looked but don't recall seeing anything about it and wondering why I'm unlocking these things.

ElyrionX

BattleMonkey said:
They plan on buffing pistols? Why?

I've found myself tearing shit up with just pistols.

Which one are you using?

I've been having moderate success with the M1911 and I chose it on the basis that since it has less bullets per mag, I figured each round would be more powerful than other pistols. However, I do find myself running out quite quickly in tense firefights. Would you recommend the G17 or M9 over the M1911?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I've seen a few people championing the pistols but from my experience they're pretty weak (only really tried the M1911)

GodofWine

Momo said:
MEH 230MB update.

ALL I WANTED WAS TO PLAY CO-OP

I didnt ask for this T_T

Oh, thats a good thing though...patch up?

Edit - or are you just going online for the first time? hence Day 1 patch on day 7 :/

Samus4145

Had a pretty funny moment last night. My entire squad was defending a room, as I spawned on one of them and we all died instantly. It looked like we jumped in the air at the same time. We all got the Bad Luck death.

ElyrionX said:
Which one are you using?

I've been having moderate success with the M1911 and I chose it on the basis that since it has less bullets per mag, I figured each round would be more powerful than other pistols. However, I do find myself running out quite quickly in tense firefights. Would you recommend the G17 or M9 over the M1911?

I use the 1911, have no problem taking down people with it. You can quickly fire it and it's quite accurate without aiming at short range. Obviously not for rage use but up close I find them more accurate than alot of the other weapons on full auto. Not ideal for sure for dragged out fight or taking on multiples, but have several times taken out 3 people in a row with a clip of the 1911

Using pistols as a main of course is not the best in this game, but when fighting up close I've had great success and find myself often switching to pistols for quicker speed

ElyrionX

Rahk said:
Starting to love the MAV! It still provides me with joy every time I get a kill.

Managed to get 3rd on my team and I was primarily using the MAV. Got 4 kills with it and a bunch of surveillance ribbons. Once it was shot down I just took a Jeep and stormed the closest objective by myself, since I chose not to be in a squad (didn't want to piss people off just lying on the ground). Managed to get a flag attacker ribbon with my trusty SV98 4x scope and silencer. Whenever I died, out came the MAV again.

I found a good tactic is when a team mate is close to the enemy, I'd fly in and distract them by flying straight at them and trying to kill them. If I miss, the team mate kills them and I still get the spot bonus. I'd love to see what it looks like on the other end when I take someone out.

Too bad Battlelog doesn't keep track of MAV kills.

Hey Rakh. Not sure if you saw my post yesterday but mind sharing which pistol you prefer for the recon class and why?

Miggytronz

Samus4145 said:
Had a pretty funny moment last night. My entire squad was defending a room, as I spawned on one of them and we all died instantly. It looked like we jumped in the air at the same time. We all got the Bad Luck death.

erfquake?

BattleMonkey said:
I forgot about it, but how do you use unlocked camo patterns? I never even looked but don't recall seeing anything about it and wondering why I'm unlocking these things.

The appearance button next to the loadout button.

Momo

Banned
GodofWine said:
Oh, thats a good thing though...patch up?

Edit - or are you just going online for the first time? hence Day 1 patch on day 7 :/
Game only launched Friday here and I've been busy all weekend. I entered my online pass code and stuff and boom, download :(

idk i'll play tomorrow i guess dont feel like twiddling my thumbs as i only have one ethernet cable.

ElyrionX

BattleMonkey said:
I use the 1911, have no problem taking down people with it. You can quickly fire it and it's quite accurate without aiming at short range. Obviously not for rage use but up close I find them more accurate than alot of the other weapons on full auto. Not ideal for sure for dragged out fight or taking on multiples, but have several times taken out 3 people in a row with a clip of the 1911

Using pistols as a main of course is not the best in this game, but when fighting up close I've had great success and find myself often switching to pistols for quicker speed

3 people with a single clip? Thats just 9 bullets. Must have been a headshot or two. I do agree the M1911 is fairly accurate and powerful. Maybe I just need to hold my nerve in CQC and not spray and pray so much.

geeko

Weird, when I right click the game and try to update it says it is up to date. Then I do a install repair and it updates at then end of it. Is this just reinstalling the original release day patch?

edit: looks to be a new patch.

desu said:
It sucks balls, was so happy when it was over.

I recommend Hit and Run on easy, then rush with your partner through the level. Takes about 5-6min and gives around 12k points.

Apparently there's a spot on the final co-op mission where you can grind points on unlimited spawning enemies. The top guy on the leaderboards for that mission has like 300k+ points.

desu

Interficium said:
Apparently there's a spot on the final co-op mission where you can grind points on unlimited spawning enemies. The top guy on the leaderboards for that mission has like 300k+ points.

Heh, havent even unlocked that one yet :D.

ElyrionX said:
3 people with a single clip? Thats just 9 bullets. Must have been a headshot or two. I do agree the M1911 is fairly accurate and powerful. Maybe I just need to hold my nerve in CQC and not spray and pray so much.

Yea I'm sure some head shots in the mixes, but often these are quick and I do find it at times hard to keep track of what the bottom text says. From what I can tell 2 good body shots will bring someone down with a 1911 up close. Not sure on that though but they do feel lethal enough for me.

Tallshortman said:
The appearance button next to the loadout button.

Hmm surprised I don't remember that button.

RS4-

ElyrionX said:
Hey Rakh. Not sure if you saw my post yesterday but mind sharing which pistol you prefer for the recon class and why?

I personally use the 443 and M9 in BF3. In BC2 I think I was mostly a 1911 user since it was the default pistol (I may be wrong); I just like the bigger magazine just to fire off extra rounds to account for any lag. Not to mention that things sometimes get hectic and the extra bullets could come in handy.

Interficium said:

Yeah, just youtube around for the co-op exploit; I've yet to try it, I'm still on mission 2 in co-op lol

edit - nm, I switched between the M9 and 1911 in BC2. I didn't use the REX much but when I did, I averages 32% accuracy, but with the other ones I hit around 23%.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Has DICE commented on whether they're working on the sound cutout issue? I was getting it a lot more than usual today and it's driving me nuts.

For Pistols, you can't go wrong with the M93R, the co-op one. That thing is a beast whether you're aiming down the sights or not. You can get all 21 bullets out in about a second. It's crazy and usually brings enemies to a quick death lol.

Rahk

ElyrionX said:
Hey Rahk. Not sure if you saw my post yesterday but mind sharing which pistol you prefer for the recon class and why?
Initially I used the silenced M1911 for quite a while and did alright with it, but sometimes the small clip size got me killed. It was great for when you spot someone first and have time to react, but if someone surprises me I tend to shoot as fast as possible so I felt it wasn't the best choice for me. I have no idea if it's more powerful than the others or not, I mainly just used it because it was the only one with a silencer that I've unlocked so far.

I went on to try the G17C, which seems to do pretty well, but I don't like the look of it in iron sights and it appears to have a lot of recoil when you shoot quickly. It's probably a good choice if you can get past that though.

Now I have been trying the M9 and I'm liking it more than the above two so far. Has a decent clip size and it feels good. Doesn't seem weak or anything, from what I can tell.

I haven't really tried out the MP443 yet, but I will once I've used to M9 a bit more to see how they compare.

It's probably a good idea to just try them all out for yourself and see what you like the look of. I don't think there are huge differences between them. The co-op one looks like it might be worth a look too. I'll need to do some grinding.

Unlocking different weapons across the two factions is really confusing because you never really know or care which "team" you're on until you have to deal with this silly inconsistency.

And not only that-you have to quit out of a game to actually...you know, quit? And BAttlelog has a big Scarlet Letter of your quit percentage. What gives?

RS4-

pete_townshend said:
Is there anywhere that has a summary of all the different MP actions that give you points?

- Spotting that lead to a kill
- assists damage that leads to a kill by a fellow team mate (example: if you did 60 points of damage, you'll get 60 points towards your score)
- damaging/disabling vehicles
- destroying vehicles
- destroy enemy equipment/explosives
-- also get points if you happen to kill an enemy when that happens
- squad wipeout
- kills (weapon, equipment, road kills)
- driver assists
- killing sprees
- ending killing sprees
- ending your own death streak
- headshots
- long range bonus points if you're recon (unsure if this applies to only headshots or just sniper kills in general) [so if you kill someone at 300 m, you'll get an extra 300 points or something]

I can't remember the others. But those are pretty much the in-game ones; the other bonuses that you get at the end of the rounds, you can look at your ribbons/awards in Battlelog

edit - courtesy of AndyD
- heal, with bonus to healing squad members.
- revive, with bonus to squad member.
- resupply, bonus to squad members.
- spawn on you.
- spawn on your beacon.

Digital Limit said:
Unlocking different weapons across the two factions is really confusing because you never really know or care which "team" you're on until you have to deal with this silly inconsistency.

It's not that bad. You don't even have faction-specific unlocks, just faction-specific starting weapons.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Is the KH2002 worth a damn? Haven't started assault class yet (yeah engy) and was wondering if that could get me by for awhile.

GodofWine

PepsimanVsJoe said:
How do you quit a multiplayer match during the results screen? (360)

I keep feeling compelled to keep playing even when I want to quit.

You turn off the machine...no other way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom