• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanbeast

MDavis360 said:
And not only that-you have to quit out of a game to actually...you know, quit? And BAttlelog has a big Scarlet Letter of your quit percentage. What gives?

I'm pretty sure quitting out of a matchup during the startup 30 seconds (before you can move) doesn't count against you.

AndyD

aka andydumi
RS4- said:
- Spotting that lead to a kill
- assists damage that leads to a kill by a fellow team mate (example: if you did 60 points of damage, you'll get 60 points towards your score)
- damaging/disabling vehicles
- destroying vehicles
- destroy enemy equipment/explosives
-- also get points if you happen to kill an enemy when that happens
- squad wipeout
- kills (weapon, equipment, road kills)
- driver assists
- killing sprees
- ending killing sprees
- ending your own death streak
- headshots
- long range bonus points if you're recon (unsure if this applies to only headshots or just sniper kills in general) [so if you kill someone at 300 m, you'll get an extra 300 points or something]

I can't remember the others. But those are pretty much the in-game ones; the other bonuses that you get at the end of the rounds, you can look at your ribbons/awards in Battlelog

Add:
- heal, with bonus to healing squad members.
- revive, with bonus to squad member.
- resupply, bonus to squad members.
- spawn on you.
- spawn on your beacon.

RS4-

AndyD said:
Add:
- spawn on you.
- spawn on your beacon.

Lol thanks, I'm not much of an assault person; forgot about that stuff.

AndyD said:
Add:
- spawn on you.
- spawn on your beacon.

Reviving someone not only gives you just as much points as killing someone but you get a ticket back.

Spokker

OldJadedGamer said:
Reviving someone not only gives you just as much points as killing someone but you get a ticket back.
You get 100 points even if the person you revived dies a second after you revive them.

I know it's annoying fellow soldier, but I've got shit to unlock.

Shadybiz

Damn, I just got booted from a match (PS3) saying that the connection to EA Online failed. Then, I tried to get into another one, and it said that my bandwidth might not be enough for Battlefield 3. Interesting, considering I've been playing MP since Tuesday. Guess I'll wait awhile and see if it comes back.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Spokker said:
You get 100 points even if the person you revived dies a second after you revive them.

I know it's annoying fellow soldier, but I've got shit to unlock.

No one should complain about getting rez'd, even if they die immediately after. It doesn't count against them in any way.

belvedere said:
Is the KH2002 worth a damn? Haven't started assault class yet (yeah engy) and was wondering if that could get me by for awhile.

I unlocked it on co-op on 360 and used it a couple of times and I like it. 3 round burst, decent range, its pretty accurate, and decent power. I'm liking it better than the m416.

Arment

commish said:
No one should complain about getting rez'd, even if they die immediately after. It doesn't count against them in any way.

It lengthens spawn time. I don't mind it, but it can be irksome. One time in particular I was revived like 3 times in a row and each time I was gunned down instantly.

commish said:

And they were dead anyway... plus, now you have to confirm if you wanted to be rezed or not.

commish said:

You also have to confirm if you want the rez. I've seen many idiots though rez while in the middle of a crossfire though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Arment said:
It lengthens spawn time. I don't mind it, but it can be irksome. One time in particular I was revived like 3 times in a row and each time I was gunned down instantly.

Yeah, that's happened to me, but I appreciate the effort.

GodofWine

Shadybiz said:
Damn, I just got booted from a match (PS3) saying that the connection to EA Online failed. Then, I tried to get into another one, and it said that my bandwidth might not be enough for Battlefield 3. Interesting, considering I've been playing MP since Tuesday. Guess I'll wait awhile and see if it comes back.

Should have come to work today....Bob went to lunch with us, it was entertaining

(We know eachother in real life)

Probably the servers just bombing out and giving you some random message, anytime the servers black out I get excited thinking they are fixing the server side issues and we'll actually be able to play in the same squad...

Dedicating myself to piloting a chopper is finally paying off (PS3)

As a helipilot should I be equipping EXPL rank 11 award to my engineer? Will it enchance the damage of my helicopter's rockets?

Shadybiz said:

This happens on the 360 as well. Servers are crapping out.

Arment said:

Hmm, it's not supposed to increase spawn time. Demize said if you die after being revived but before accepting, it doesn't increase your spawn time. Could be a bug.

Niblet said:
Dear god yes. Last night I timed it and it took almost a minute 40 seconds to load a game on Operation Firestorm.

Holy shit. I've had threaded optimization on ever since I got the game. No wonder I thought people were crazy for bitching about load-times.

That's why I always tweak a game before I start playing it extensively - I guess pre-emptively setting threaded optimization to On paid off!

RS4-

Oddly enough I rarely get the long map load time thing.

Usually (ballparking it here) is 20-30 seconds on a mechanical drive; there are times, sometimes from a cold start where it'd take something like 45 seconds.

Either way, at the start of rounds I'm always there at the countdown anyway.

But I applied the fix anyway to see how it goes.

For AMD users, it's 4 cores for min and max?

Anyone else having issues with getting disconnected constantly on the 360 right now? These server issues are just plain embarrassing right now.

blackmamba707 said:
ok how do I remove this stupid chatbox?

it's freakin HUGE :<

I have the same question. Is there some way to just completely get rid of it? I didnt think it could get worse than the Beta, but it did. It takes up most of the right side of the screen. When it's up I have to turn my character so I can look at the battlefield with the left side of my screen.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Got to love hitting someone with half a clip and then being killed in one shot.

mr_nothin

Banned
OMG,

I found out how to bind mouse buttons! LOL
All you have to do is press the right arrow to select the mouse column THEN bind your mouse
button. Wtf DICE

Edit:
Ok now, it wants to let me click key binding in the mouse column after i selected it with the right arrow 1st

JB1981

I am loving the game. The one grip I have about the gunplay is I wish there was a better hit response system in place when you shoot an enemy. Your bullets interact beautifully with the environment but not when shooting people. Something more along the lines of KZ2 "bullet ballet" would have been awesome. Otherwise, this is maybe the best shooter I've played in a long while.

Salaadin

mr_nothin said:
OMG,

All you have to do is press the right arrow to select the mouse column THEN bind your mouse
button. Wtf DICE

Does Middle mouse button work like this too?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ikuu said:
Got to love hitting someone with half a clip and then being killed in one shot.
Sometimes that's just lag. It wasn't really one shot, because no one really has that kind of fire discipline at close range.

Manager

mr_nothin said:
OMG,

button. Wtf DICE

Hmm? I just press the box for mouse button.

Would it kill people to just throw out ammo boxes? PLEASE? ESPECIALLY ON A MAP WITH TONS OF VEHICLES AND I NEED MORE GOTDAMN A.T. MINES!

PLEASE!

Megasoum

Banned
I never had any problems binding mouse buttons on the final version of the game (wasn't working on beta). Just clicked normally on the mouse column next to the action I wanted and clicked on the mouse...

The only problem I have with the mouse is that if I set my scrollwheel to scroll more than one line at a time in the Logitec drivers (I set it to 5) then I can't scroll through the weapons in game. It's annoying but not the end of the world.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Net_Wrecker said:
Would it kill people to just throw out ammo boxes? PLEASE? ESPECIALLY ON A MAP WITH TONS OF VEHICLES AND I NEED MORE GOTDAMN A.T. MINES!

PLEASE!
I have no idea why no one seems to throw ammo at all. I see plenty of support guys around but no ammo. Most assaults are dropping health packs and reviving by now but no support guys drop ammo.

RoboPlato said:
I have no idea why no one seems to throw ammo at all. I see plenty of support guys around but no ammo. Most assaults are dropping health packs and reviving by now but no support guys drop ammo.

I dunno, it seems often like theres a lack of support players in games.

Lanbeast

Are you all playing on PC? I play support almost exclusively and always have an ammo pack down, or throw one down near someone that needs ammo as I'm running past them.

I also see an okay amount of other ammo boxes down...sometimes. I have a harder time finding health packs.

I'm on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom