• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I can't join any MP games at all. Just gets stuck on 'joining server...' every time. I'd really like to be able to play this game at some point. Any ideas as to why this is happening? PC version here.

MrBig

AngelSoldier said:
Support is my favorite class. Lockin' down corridors with a bipod and a 100 round belt since day one. ^_^
This. Though certainly with an extended mag for 200 rounds, and a foregrip for more versatility with the type 88.

Menelaus

Banned
mr_nothin said:
OMG,

I found out how to bind mouse buttons! LOL
All you have to do is press the right arrow to select the mouse column THEN bind your mouse
button. Wtf DICE

Edit:
Ok now, it wants to let me click key binding in the mouse column after i selected it with the right arrow 1st
I've never had any problems binding to the mouse by just clicking the 2nd column.

Makoto

Support is becoming my most played class but I often neglect to throw ammo boxes. Though the reason is because I'm typically paranoid of my surroundings (can't hear footsteps with all the noises and explosions) I'd say it's mostly because there's really no good indication of someone who wants ammo. Sure there are people on the minimap who need ammo but if I throw ammo their way, they'll just ignore it and continue going where they want to go. I'd really like the text indication from BF2 to come back (as an option of course, I know the chat box is awful in its current state) so that someone around who wants ammo will notify me and the text box will indicate that.

R2D4

Banned
vidal said:
Support is becoming my most played class but I often neglect to throw ammo boxes. Though the reason is because I'm typically paranoid of my surroundings (can't hear footsteps with all the noises and explosions) I'd say it's mostly because there's really no good indication of someone who wants ammo. Sure there are people on the minimap who need ammo but if I throw ammo their way, they'll just ignore it and continue going where they want to go. I'd really like the text indication from BF2 to come back (as an option of course, I know the chat box is awful in its current state) so that someone around who wants ammo will notify me and the text box will indicate that.

I mainly play support too. I throw an ammo box down if I run across 2 or more people. I didn't even know there were "need ammo" indicators. Where are they?

MNC

Guess people don't know you can resupply your own ammo and heal yourself if you throw down a medkit.

Or has that been changed from BC2?

see5harp

MNC said:
Guess people don't know you can resupply your own ammo and heal yourself if you throw down a medkit.

Or has that been changed from BC2?

Nah can't do that anymore, at least as far as I know.

Makoto

R2D4 said:
I mainly play support too. I throw an ammo box down if I run across 2 or more people. I didn't even know there were "need ammo" indicators. Where are they?
If someone needs ammo then an ammo box icon will show up on your minimap over them.

R2D4 said:

Player has to let you know they need ammo I believe. they point the cursor at you and then hit the button to ask for healing/ammo

Menelaus

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Battlelog needs Windows 7 jump list support. Would be awesome to just click into your favorite server from the task bar.
I noticed yesterday that mumble puts all of your servers into the jump list, which is pretty tits.

ToyD

Neo Member
R2D4 said:

The triangles for your team turn into the ammo icon. Or look at your minimap. Often as an assault or engy, I'll run after a support spamming Q for "need ammo" then have to start looking at the minimap for any ammo icons that aren't moving to find an ammo box.

mcrae

mr_nothin said:
OMG,

I found out how to bind mouse buttons! LOL
All you have to do is press the right arrow to select the mouse column THEN bind your mouse
button. Wtf DICE

Edit:
Ok now, it wants to let me click key binding in the mouse column after i selected it with the right arrow 1st

i didnt have any trouble with mouse binding... if its a mouse key you want to bind, you need to click the associated column. how does that not make sense? lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Outside of Spawn Becons, Recon is just a pathetic class, need to work so much harder than the other kits to get a decent score.

RotBot

360570 high score on Eleventh Hour co-op mission. How is this done? If there's a trick to it, I can get the co-op grind finished faster.

Menelaus

Banned
mcrae said:
i didnt have any trouble with mouse binding... if its a mouse key you want to bind, you need to click the associated column. how does that not make sense? lol
the people having problems probably have some shit mouse software installed or something.

Ikuu said:
Outside of Spawn Becons, Recon is just a pathetic class, need to work so much harder than the other kits to get a decent score.
Nah, just headshot all the time and you get bonuses from those. Mav and soflam still shit.

Is there something I'm missing here for getting co-op to work? I'm inviting a friend and he doesnt get the invite, then he invites me and I do get the invite but he doesnt see how to start the game. What are we missing here?

Shadybiz

GodofWine said:
....Bob went to lunch with us, it was awkward...

fixed that for you.

Well, I was able to play a fair amount anyway. Have to stop now, because trick or treaters are starting to come around, so I don't want to be getting up every 2 minutes during an MP match.

Edit:

Chittagong said:
I can't figure out which button to press to back out from post game lobby on 360, any ideas?

haha..that's the gag...you don't. You have to wait for the next match to start, and THEN back out. Annoying, yes. Was the same on BC2 (console anyway)...not sure why they wouldn't change it.

W1SSY

Chittagong said:
I can't figure out which button to press to back out from post game lobby on 360, any ideas?
I think you have to wait until the map loads and then quit. That is how I do it on PS3.

I hate how people ignore you when you need ammo and healing. I will spam them trying to get help and most of the time they just act like nothing is happening. I really wish they had a tutorial to tell you what each class has and can do before people get in the multiplayer so they can at least understand their purpose.

Ikuu said:

Word. I don't rack up nearly as much point without the motion sensor ball. I miss that thing so much :(

mr_nothin

Banned
mcrae said:
Menelaus said:
the people having problems probably have some shit mouse software installed or something.
It's not like it could have been a bug that came over the beta huh?
*rolleyes*

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
ColeTheMole said:
Nah, just headshot all the time and you get bonuses from those. Mav and soflam still shit.
It's still a terrible class, all the others are easily better. Not sure what they were thinking giving C4 to support.

no angel

As far as I'm concerned BF3 is a prime example that some games just need a paper manual and an in game help menu doesn't always cut it. If there was a proper manual explaining things like the spotting mechanic and audio cues for ammo and health requests I think we'd see new people using them. The death of proper manuals is one of the saddest things I've seen this gen.

F#A#Oo

Banned
no angel said:
As far as I'm concerned BF3 is a prime example that some games just need a paper manual and an in game help menu doesn't always cut it. If there was a proper manual explaining things like the spotting mechanic and audio cues for ammo and health requests I think we'd see new people using them. The death of proper manuals is one of the saddest things I've seen this gen.

I think you're having a memory problem...

A few years ago...people were saying "No one reads manuals" "who cares if their black and white" yada yada yada and pubs/developers listened...and now they're wafer thin at best and still black and white...and cases are lighter for it too...

no angel said:

Would have been nice to have something to leaf through while waiting for the installation and matches to load.

no angel

F#A#Oo said:

A few years ago...people were saying "No one reads manuals" "who cares if their black and white" yada yada yada and pubs/developers listened...and now they're wafer thin at best and still black and white...
Really? Must've missed that. I love manuals :(

MrBig

Ugh. Third time my 360 has frozen while flying jets on Kharg. This is the only instance in the game that it will freeze

F#A#Oo said:

A few years ago...people were saying "No one reads manuals" "who cares if their black and white" yada yada yada and pubs/developers listened...and now they're wafer thin at best and still black and white...and cases are lighter for it too...

I am so glad they stopped putting in big, color manuals. It's such a giant waste of resources, a huge majority of people buying these games really don't read the manuals at all. And those of us who do... well, it's just a novelty anyways. Certainly not worth the paper that's wasted printing them out.

Menelaus

Banned
mr_nothin said:
It's not like it could have been a bug that came over the beta huh?
*rolleyes*
Plenty of people DON'T have the problem...so yeah, I'd put it down to software on the user's machines.

Plus the beta problem was totally different.

woober

no angel said:

They should have an in-game voice tutorial like they did in Battlefield 2. As you did stuff, a voice would tell you the necessary information regarding the things you're using and stuff like that. Anyone remember this? I'm surprised they did away with that stuff.

desu

Anyone here having problems with hitreg/damage? It seems to be that I have to put in hundreds of bullets into enemies, even tons of shots in the head to do shit. I shot a guy 2-4 times into the head and then he turns around and gives me 1-2 bullets back and I drop dead, while he is laughing with his 50% health.

So I captured a couple of rounds on video and looked at the hit regitration frame by frame. Can only say that its not funny to see it that way. Hits register when you actually didnt hit (at least visually), then they dont hit when you hit someone or they just come with a delay? Just annoying ... dunno if its lag, bad servers or whatever.

hitregoulo.jpg

Menelaus

Banned
woober said:
They should have an in-game voice tutorial like they did in Battlefield 2. As you did stuff, a voice would tell you the necessary information regarding the things you're using and stuff like that. Anyone remember this? I'm surprised they did away with that stuff.
Delete user folder because shaders aren't optimizing, listen to tutorial again.

Prezhulio

see5harp said:
Nah can't do that anymore, at least as far as I know.

what? i'm pretty sure i re-supplied my own ammo and healed myself last night ala bc2...

i hope that map load time fix works, it's pretty terrible right now.

GodofWine

Prezhulio said:
what? i'm pretty sure i re-supplied my own ammo and healed myself last night ala bc2...

i hope that map load time fix works, it's pretty terrible right now.

You can definitley heal yourself, I know that for a fact in BF2, but I know for a fact I couldn't in BFBC2 (PS3).

I thought the same held true on ammo.

iam220

GodofWine said:
You can definitley heal yourself, I know that for a fact in BF2, but I know for a fact I couldn't in BFBC2 (PS3).

I thought the same held true on ammo.

Eh? Your own med kits and ammo boxes heal and resupply you in both BC2 and BF3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom