• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

F#A#Oo

Banned
desu said:
Anyone here having problems with hitreg/damage? It seems to be that I have to put in hundreds of bullets into enemies, even tons of shots in the head to do shit. I shot a guy 2-4 times into the head and then he turns around and gives me 1-2 bullets back and I drop dead, while he is laughing with his 50% health.

So I captured a couple of rounds on video and looked at the hit regitration frame by frame. Can only say that its not funny to see it that way. Hits register when you actually didnt hit (at least visually), then they dont hit when you hit someone or they just come with a delay? Just annoying ... dunno if its lag, bad servers or whatever.

I noticed this too and was thinking I'm going bonkers...I thought it was just a combination of bullet spray and recoil and my own delusion...

tbh I'm not surprised...what with client side and server side battling it out (server win thus rubber banding) in every game...

Raine

GodofWine said:
You can definitley heal yourself, I know that for a fact in BF2, but I know for a fact I couldn't in BFBC2 (PS3).

I thought the same held true on ammo.
You could in BC2 too....

TCRS

Banned
I'm starting to like the Assault class. It's still a wierd mix of assault and medic with no useful and cool gadgets, but that's what makes it so challenging and fun to play. I'm getting the hang of it.

Niblet

The catalyst drivers released today ARE the same as the preview 3 release. Was hoping for a little more performance tweaks =(

Stantron

desu said:
Anyone here having problems with hitreg/damage? It seems to be that I have to put in hundreds of bullets into enemies, even tons of shots in the head to do shit. I shot a guy 2-4 times into the head and then he turns around and gives me 1-2 bullets back and I drop dead, while he is laughing with his 50% health.

So I captured a couple of rounds on video and looked at the hit regitration frame by frame. Can only say that its not funny to see it that way. Hits register when you actually didnt hit (at least visually), then they dont hit when you hit someone or they just come with a delay? Just annoying ... dunno if its lag, bad servers or whatever.
I've had an issue with this. It sometimes takes me several shots to kill, but an enemy can kill me almost instantly. Sometimes they'll even have full health or way more than what they should after I know I got hit markers on them. I've even had a guy do the turn around and kill me while I'm shooting him from behind. Granted, the laggyness doesn't happen all the time, but it's super annoying when it does.

Xux

MiniBossBattle said:
Dedicating myself to piloting a chopper is finally paying off (PS3)

As a helipilot should I be equipping EXPL rank 11 award to my engineer? Will it enchance the damage of my helicopter's rockets?
EXPL just increases the amount of explosives you can hold and spawn with. You can pull up a description box on the Weapon and Vehicle Customization screen by hitting triangle...no clue why it's not on by default.

BLU-82

Has anyone else had an issue with not being able to become squad leader? Almost every time I play now, when the current squad leader leaves, no one takes over. We end up as 3-4 man peasant mob.

mcrae

BLU-82 said:
Has anyone else had an issue with not being able to become squad leader? Almost every time I play now, when the current squad leader leaves, no one takes over. We end up as 3-4 man peasant mob.

what good is the squad leader?

should i be doing shit when i am squad leader?

how do i do said shit?

whats an attack order, what modes are they relevant in, and what keys on the pc do i use to make one?

Miggytronz

mcrae said:
what good is the squad leader?

should i be doing shit when i am squad leader?

how do i do said shit?

whats an attack order, what modes are they relevant in, and what keys on the pc do i use to make one?

When your a Squad Leader you get Extra points for spotting a MCOM or Flag are to be capped, anything around that area that occurs you get SQUAD LEADER points for it. Minimal points but they add up.

Noaloha

Being Squad Leader is such a weird ego-trip. Point at objectives and click your back/select/Q button. If it's a held command point, you'll yell out "defend this!", if it's enemy-held, "attack this position!". Everyone in the Squad gets extra points for following the order. An objective that is the target of a Squad Leader's command has orange triangles pointing toward the centre placed in the diagonals.

Order random people around and thrill at them ignoring you but occasionally doing what you wanted them to do anyway! Extra points!

!

So, is there a chart of weapon unlocks?

I'm trying to grasp the system here.

So it's ACOG, (how many kills do you have to have to unlock each?)

Grip

Light

Lazor Sight?

Is this just for assault rifles or?
I find myself only playing assault class in TDM

olore

Find the workshop where B3 was conceived

673d6c10.jpg

Toodles said:
Being Squad Leader is such a weird ego-trip. Point at objectives and click your back/select/Q button. If it's a held command point, you'll yell out "defend this!", if it's enemy-held, "attack this position!". Everyone in the Squad gets extra points for following the order. An objective that is the target of a Squad Leader's command has orange triangles pointing toward the centre placed in the diagonals.

Order random people around and thrill at them ignoring you but occasionally doing what you wanted them to do anyway! Extra points!

!

Does the squad leader have any other things they can do?

Sleep Arrest said:
So, is there a chart of weapon unlocks?

I'm trying to grasp the system here.

So it's ACOG, (how many kills do you have to have to unlock each?)

Grip

Light

Lazor Sight?

Is this just for assault rifles or?
I find myself only playing assault class in TDM

It's all in Battlelog, you can click through to each weapon and see the attachment unlock progression.

Noaloha

Steelyuhas said:
Does the squad leader have any other things they can do?
Not that I'm aware of, and I have a tendency to try back-buttoning most anything. They serve fundamentally as a means to co-ordinate efforts in lieu of any real voicechat or comm-rose business I assume (on the console side being where that sort of thing is most valuable). On PC Servers, that's less of an issue I think, since I believe voice-chat is more common? Maybe I'm way out of touch with that. But I'm pretty sure PC Servers can alter the ruleset to make it that squad-members can only spawn on the Leader. Which sounds pretty neat.

Whatever the gun on the front of Carrier in Canals is (Centurion?), my battlelog doesn't seem to update for it. Seems odd. Or is the Centurion something else and the Carrier gun not tracked?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
woober said:
They should have an in-game voice tutorial like they did in Battlefield 2. As you did stuff, a voice would tell you the necessary information regarding the things you're using and stuff like that. Anyone remember this? I'm surprised they did away with that stuff.
They should have put all that stuff in the first SP campaign mission. Wasted opportunity.

derFeef

For the love of god, how do I deploy smoke in a tank... I have it, but canÄ't figure out the key, not even in the menus (PC).

The fact that both this and BC2 didn't have an in-game pop-up explaining the spotting system and the bonus from it is annoying. There's been a couple of times where I've been a pilot on a map in Caspian Border, and have been not able to hit anything in the forest due to nobody spotting vehicles and other targets. I'm sure if the game briefly explained it, many more people would use it.

red731

I just want people to spot enemies. It isnt so hard.
Mainly jets and choppers when I am a pilot.
It will really make everything easier than checking all the surroundings and so..

Shadybiz

derFeef said:
For the love of god, how do I deploy smoke in a tank... I have it, but canÄ't figure out the key, not even in the menus (PC).

For PS3, default is R1, so I'm guessing RB for xbox. I think that would probably make it LMB for PC, but I am not sure. It's what is either your "On foot" Fire or ADS button, most likely.

Menelaus

Banned
Shadybiz said:
For PS3, default is R1, so I'm guessing RB for xbox. I think that would probably make it LMB for PC, but I am not sure. It's what is either your "On foot" Fire or ADS button, most likely.
"X" for PC.

Spl1nter

desu said:

the hit markers come with a delay as it checks server side if you hit the enemy.

Kyaw

derFeef said:

You can only deploy smoke in a tank if you are being locked on i think. With X.

RS4-

belvedere said:
Can anyone confirm this helps? I'm going to try it regardless as my load times seem to take longer than normal.

Seems to have shaved off 5 seconds for me. Went from 30ish to 25ish

Noaloha

Kyaw said:
You can only deploy smoke in a tank if you are being locked on i think. With X.
Nah, when I ran with smoke on tanks, I'd deploy that shit as a kind of LET'S GO morale-boosting fanfare as I left the base. I like to think it perked everyone up a bit. (I'm now loving the extra zoom scope, so byebye smokes.)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Net_Wrecker said:
Would it kill people to just throw out ammo boxes? PLEASE? ESPECIALLY ON A MAP WITH TONS OF VEHICLES AND I NEED MORE GOTDAMN A.T. MINES!

PLEASE!

You should play with me, I throw out ammo like it's fucking cool.

Kahoona

Looks like the SCAR and A-91 are being nerfed. Now hopefully they do something about the F2000 and mortars before they run the place.

eek5

Alienshogun said:
You should play with me, I throw out ammo like it's fucking cool.
Sometimes the only thing I'm doing is running back and forth resupplying people then laying down suppression fire when I see that my team is engaged in a gunfight

Kahoona said:
Looks like the SCAR and A-91 are being nerfed. Now hopefully they do something about the F2000 and mortars before they run the place.
The only changes I'd make to the mortar is a slightly longer reload time and make them unable to set-up in greyed out zones so you'll have to pick a good spot to mortar or not mortar at all.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
eek5 said:
Sometimes the only thing I'm doing is running back and forth resupplying people then laying down suppression fire when I see that my team is engaged in a gunfight

Yeah, I do that a lot. It's all I did a few days ago in metro CQ. We were holding that locker area and I just kept resupplying everyone and dropping claymores while putting out accurate IAR fire. ;)

Edit: Claymores are fucking badass in siene crossing. Take a building overlooking an obj, set up claymores, and profit.

The great thing is they either die, or have to walk slowly past them, in either case, you are as a severe disadvantage.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dr. Pepper Bullshit again. I was at the store and saw the EA Dr. Pepper promotion bottles. I absolutely hate Dr. Pepper it's way too sweet and tastes like your drinking straight syrup. However, I fucking love Battlefield so I get one. Now when I go to enter the code it's invalid, shit!

Not this crap again, I remember buying about 10 bottles of Dr. Pepper at the BC2 Launch and the freaking codes never ended up working, being a dummy I threw the bottle-caps away. If I'm gonna drink this crap I should be entitled to get my reward of Battlefield swag.

Rad-

Kahoona said:

I hope they do something to IRNV. It's really stupid atm.

WX3

I shot a guy to death shortly after he planted a claymore and had to reroute myself afterward as shooting it with a couple of clips didn't take it out.

I love the fact that I am equally as bad at this game with a keyboard/mouse or the 360 controller. I can't find a zone with either style I can perform well with. This bodes well for sticking to the KB/M setup as the main.

zlatko

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
Dr. Pepper Bullshit again. I was at the store and saw the EA Dr. Pepper promotion bottles. I absolutely hate Dr. Pepper it's way too sweet and tastes like your drinking straight syrup. However, I fucking love Battlefield so I get one. Now when I go to enter the code it's invalid, shit!

Not this crap again, I remember buying about 10 bottles of Dr. Pepper at the BC2 Launch and the freaking codes never ended up working, being a dummy I threw the bottle-caps away. If I'm gonna drink this crap I should be entitled to get my reward of Battlefield swag.

Can you pm the code so I can see if it works for me instead? :D

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Flashlight has to be one of the worst things in a BF game, and DICE have done a lot of dumb shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom