• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Tip: If you're using mortars, press 2 to use the smoke grenades and press 1 to go back to regular explosives. I know it's probably old news to some but I thought the mortars was like the M203 where you had to unlock smoke mortars after using the regular explosive mortars.

AEREC

Menelaus said:
Yup. Gamepad must be turned on before you open BF3.

Thanks...I have a wireless 360 pad...I wonder if it turns off automatically during a match if it will be recognized when it comes back on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Menelaus said:
You can't shoot an enemy claymore?

You can, but then you DEFINITELY know they are there.

The point is they either die, give up their position, or have to walk slow up too you. Every scenario ends in them being at a disadvantage.

Plus, I can plant 2.

Menelaus

Banned
AEREC said:
Thanks...I have a wireless 360 pad...I wonder if it turns off automatically during a match if it will be recognized when it comes back on.
yeah, it'll be fine if that happens. and it will happen. it's why i stopped using the pad. i just don't care THAT much.

OG Kush said:
Everyone just wants to be Engineer. Pretty annoying.

I would love to play something other than Engineer-but the entire fucking map is swarming with vehicles that murder me-so fuck it. If the entire enemy team is going to be in vehicles, My squad is going to destroy them.

If there weren't so many vehicles, there wouldn't be so many Engineers-but for fuck's sake there's armor everywhere.

W1SSY

MDavis360 said:
I would love to play something other than Engineer-but the entire fucking map is swarming with vehicles that murder me-so fuck it. If the entire enemy team is going to be in vehicles, My squad is going to destroy them.

If there weren't so many vehicles, there wouldn't be so many Engineers-but for fuck's sake there's armor everywhere.
I agree with you. It seems like vehicles are everywhere so why would I play any of the other classes? It seems like when I play something else I run into a vehicle and almost die immediately so the engineer gives me the ability to destroy the vehicle and not hinder me in combat against other people.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh shit, son. Uncharted 3 just shipped... and I have Battlefield 3... and tomorrow's my Friday with the next 3 days off.

So much fucking gaming...

W1SSY said:
I agree with you. It seems like vehicles are everywhere so why would I play any of the other classes? It seems like when I play something else I run into a vehicle and almost die immediately so the engineer gives me the ability to destroy the vehicle and not hinder me in combat against other people.

I know. I'll look at my teammate when I'm about to spawn. Coast looks clear...I spawn...

BLAMMO!!!!!

Tank kills me. so fuck you, I'm putting mines down and I'm bringing my fucking rocket and it's going to go straight up your ass.

Absinthe

Unlocked the infrared scope this weekend, and WOW, it feels like cheating. So easy to spot people through bushes, across the map, or anywhere you would normally not see them. My K/D has gone up quite a bit just using this scope.

codecow

derFeef said:
Unlocked the mortar.... wrecked shit like crazy. Man this thing is powerful.

Weird, I unlocked it on 360 and thought it was weak. I need to try it again tonight on a better map for it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
oldschoolpinball said:
if anyone needs a kickass support guy for 360 im your man. ive played with several GAF'ers and rocked the place

Get on my level son. ;)

MDavis360 said:

Support + C4 = dead vehicles.

But you guys keep going engi, I love resupplying ya'll.

So I unlocked the Camera seat on the tanks today and good lord is that brutal with a coordinated squad. We were running a two tank setup on Operation Firestorm earlier with be designating targets for the two main gunners. Enemy tanks were getting destroyed and we shot down so many helicopters with a single shell. Plus you get the added bonus of two seats for repair engineers during heavy conflicts.

The downside to the seat to me is that the person on fulltime camera duty gets zero kills and far less points if you are destroying the enemy so fast that there is no need for repairs. To change this I would make it so the third seat is unlocked for everyone if one person in the tank has it and the guided shell firing ability is handed over to the camera operator.

derFeef

codecow said:
Weird, I unlocked it on 360 and thought it was weak. I need to try it again tonight on a better map for it.
I was palying on Seine and I thought it was useless on that map. I bombarded the bridges and got massive kills and some vehicle disables. It was so good, I almost felt guilty of the pleasure.

Dina

Net_Wrecker said:
Would it kill people to just throw out ammo boxes? PLEASE? ESPECIALLY ON A MAP WITH TONS OF VEHICLES AND I NEED MORE GOTDAMN A.T. MINES!

PLEASE!

Mines are not restocked with ammocrates. RPG's are.

olore said:
Find the workshop where B3 was conceived

673d6c10.jpg

Top left, i've been there a couple of times. Awesome peoples.

Woorloog

Banned
codecow said:
The mortar is useful for getting assist but actual kills require very close hits. It is a suppression weapon just like MGs. Lay down smoke screen for friendlies, proceed to bombard the enemy positions. Difficult to use effectively i think, as you need someone to cover you while using it and your team mates should take advantage of the bombardment, otherwise you won't be doing much good.

1stStrike

Banned
Evil Benius said:
So I unlocked the Camera seat on the tanks today and good lord is that brutal with a coordinated squad. We were running a two tank setup on Operation Firestorm earlier with be designating targets for the two main gunners. Enemy tanks were getting destroyed and we shot down so many helicopters with a single shell. Plus you get the added bonus of two seats for repair engineers during heavy conflicts.

The downside to the seat to me is that the person on fulltime camera duty gets zero kills and far less points if you are destroying the enemy so fast that there is no need for repairs. To change this I would make it so the third seat is unlocked for everyone if one person in the tank has it and the guided shell firing ability is handed over to the camera operator.

Holy shit, that sounds amazing. I'm playing nothing but tanks till I unlock that.

JAFAR said:
sighhhh lets nerf everything that's popular with people!

More like let's get other people to play other classes besides engineer. Getting a resupply or a revive is like drawing blood from a stone sometimes.

I'm getting the "mouse stuttering rendering the game unplayable when 360 pad is plugged in" problem now. Never happened to me before, was always able to play fine with the pad plugged in. Did they change something with controller support?

Also, that Dr Pepper promotion, do Diet bottles have it? I'd hate to buy a bottle just to give it away.

JAFAR

Red Blaster said:
More like let's get other people to play other classes besides engineer. Getting a resupply or a revive is like drawing blood from a stone sometimes.

I agree with that, having users play other classes besides the Engineer is really necessary. I just don't want this to be a nasty cycle of Complain > Nerf, Complain > Nerf, etc.

squidyj

Kahoona said:
Looks like the SCAR and A-91 are being nerfed. Now hopefully they do something about the F2000 and mortars before they run the place.

What's so great about the F2000? I always rape harder with the AEK

It's funny, I'll probably have everything else maxed before I get engineer. Right now I have Assault and Recon up to where all I have left is the team specific unlocks (base weapons for alternate teams) so I'm going to work on my Support and swap between roles as I see fit, can't wait to get my hands on c4, Recon in BC2 was my favorite specifically because of blowing up tanks with c4.

derFeef

Woorloog said:
The mortar is useful for getting assist but actual kills require very close hits. It is a suppression weapon just like MGs. Lay down smoke screen for friendlies, proceed to bombard the enemy positions. Difficult to use effectively i think, as you need someone to cover you while using it and your team mates should take advantage of the bombardment, otherwise you won't be doing much good.
I must have been lucky then, btu thanks for the smoke tip, I did not know that.

1stStrike said:
Holy shit, that sounds amazing. I'm playing nothing but tanks till I unlock that.

It really is amazing if you have a well coordinated group. We took on three enemy tanks and an attack chopper with two tanks and came out both surviving. Being able to easily take down choppers completely changes the dynamic of tank warfare. The driver can do whatever they need to do until I call out a target lock, they swap to the guided shell, and boom one dead chopper.

Oh and I forgot the camera has an IR mode that lets you easily call out infantry positions and spot landmines (they glow bright white).

U2NUMB

petethepanda said:
I'm getting the "mouse stuttering rendering the game unplayable when 360 pad is plugged in" problem now. Never happened to me before, was always able to play fine with the pad plugged in. Did they change something with controller support?

Also, that Dr Pepper promotion, do Diet bottles have it? I'd hate to buy a bottle just to give it away.

Yep.. got all my unlocks with Diet Dr pepper!

Makoto

Ikuu said:
Eng. is OP and I'd do more than nerf just their rifles.
I'm thinking that all of the submachine guns that are unlocked across all kits (PP-2000 and the rest) should have just been given exclusively to the engineers as their weapons.

Woorloog

Banned
derFeef said:
I must have been lucky then, btu thanks for the smoke tip, I did not know that.
Dunno what button changes to smoke shells on PC, on consoles it is D-pad Right, and Left is HE shells. Or was it other way around?

Bombarding choke points is a good way to gain kills with the mortar though, like the bridges you said you bombarded. Useful in Grand Bazaar (and other maps) if you're stuck in the main base as people usually stay put if they do not need to capture any more bases.

Engi's need the rocket splash damage nerfed. Especially on Rush, there's a lot of infantry rocket kills going on.

Sir Carl is back for those who choose to use it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RbBrdMan said:
Dr. Pepper Bullshit again. I was at the store and saw the EA Dr. Pepper promotion bottles. I absolutely hate Dr. Pepper it's way too sweet and tastes like your drinking straight syrup. However, I fucking love Battlefield so I get one. Now when I go to enter the code it's invalid, shit!

Not this crap again, I remember buying about 10 bottles of Dr. Pepper at the BC2 Launch and the freaking codes never ended up working, being a dummy I threw the bottle-caps away. If I'm gonna drink this crap I should be entitled to get my reward of Battlefield swag.

What? It shouldn't be invalid. Did you check the code carefully? Sometimes D's look like 0's and vice versa. I've had it happen to me a few times. Put it under the light of the sun and then recheck.

In Bad Company 2, I found that the slower shooting weapons were better but now I find that the faster shooting weapons are better. Anybody else agree?

MrBig

Majanew said:
What needs fixed is the absurd controls for helos and jets. Not weakening a gun that holds 20 rounds.
The controls are such an exaggerated improvement of how they were in BC2. I don't want them touched if it means getting rid of the current controls.
AlmostMilk said:
In Bad Company 2, I found that the slower shooting weapons were better but now I find that the faster shooting weapons are better. Anybody else agree?
Yes.

GodofWine

Majanew said:
What needs fixed is the absurd controls for helos and jets. Not weakening a gun that holds 20 rounds.

Jets fly fine...Helos, well they took the training wheels off them thats for sure.

In real life, if you bank a helo to far, you plummet from the sky...in this, you do the same, just use the L stick to turn and the R stick only for up / back, at least until you get used to it, if you do get the hang of it (and I have NOT) you can really carve up the sky...until then, you carve up the ground :/

KAOz

Short bus special
After seeing all the bitching about Support not giving out ammo, I decided to try out the class.

Best. Decision. Ever.

Just had an amazing Conquest run. Got a 14 people killstreak (this NEVER happens), and so many ribbons that by the status-screen it just said "16 Ribbons" and a picture of one. Capped flags, and supported my whole team at the same time. Even went 22:9.

So, I decided to end it for the night on this high note. Seriously, wow, the other team must have sucked bad if it can go that well for me.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure why people don't play Support, with the addition of C4 it's an amazingly well rounded class. The guns are pretty accurate and you can run around spraying pretty well also.
AlmostMilk said:
Completely, I just use the weapon with the highest rate of fire and just spray at their chest, seems to be what most people are doing also.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Red Blaster said:

That's when you go support/medic and supply/heal others. I'm just a points machine, and I work for the whole team but get points just for me~ YEAH BABY~

So many people don't use support on PS3. I throw out ammo boxes like crazy and rack up atleast 4 or 5 resupply ribbons a game. I like being support now. Mortars when attacking on rush = awesome.

HotHamWater said:
Engi's need the rocket splash damage nerfed. Especially on Rush, there's a lot of infantry rocket kills going on.

Sir Carl is back for those who choose to use it.

Rockets should be powerful, they just need to cut down how many can be carried and not be replenished by ammo boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom