• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Confidence Man said:
Rockets should be powerful, they just need to cut down how many can be carried and not be replenished by ammo boxes.
This would fix most of the issues BF games have had regarding spamming, but DICE never seem to bother with it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Confidence Man said:
Rockets should be powerful, they just need to cut down how many can be carried and not be replenished by ammo boxes.

Yes, let's totally kill Enginer's anti-tank role by removing one of the main tools needed to do that. Right.

Also if engineers are RPG spamming you, RPG spam them back. They'll learn twice.

Or optionally DICE should turn on an "RPG on infantry? That's no good!" damage option where RPG's go through you. But that'll never happen either.

Confidence Man said:

I agree. Also mortars should be limited. Unlimited ammo on rush I can rack up 20 plus kills just bombarding the mcom stations.

Okay I guess I'll try Conquest tonight. I remember it from BF 1942 but here I have no idea how it's going to turn out on 360. I keep playing Rush because this is all I know since BC2.

Any tips on how to cash in xp ? what's the best map for quick xp ?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
TheSeks said:
What? It shouldn't be invalid. Did you check the code carefully? Sometimes D's look like 0's and vice versa. I've had it happen to me a few times. Put it under the light of the sun and then recheck.
I used all possible varying combinations. There was a zero and a C so I tried a few different combos. No dice, emailed their support on the help page 72 hour response time.

papersleeves said:
Okay I guess I'll try Conquest tonight. I remember it from BF 1942 but here I have no idea how it's going to turn out on 360. I keep playing Rush because this is all I know since BC2.

On conquest? Try the smaller maps like Seine or Tehran Highway and cap as many flags as you can and support your team. I can usually earn 4 or 6 thousand xp per game plus a bunch of ribbons on top of that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
papersleeves said:

There is no best map. You have to play support roles to get fast points and hope the team takes your support.

I used all possible varying combinations. There was a zero and a C so I tried a few different combos. No dice, emailed their support on the help page 72 hour response time.

Take a photo of the bottlecap code under a light and PM me and I'll see if I can help you out.

As suggested to me before, I've heard medic was a good start to do so. Staying on the back, reviving and healing people. Someone else recommended me Metro CQ. Good idea ?

eek5

MDavis360 said:
I would love to play something other than Engineer-but the entire fucking map is swarming with vehicles that murder me-so fuck it. If the entire enemy team is going to be in vehicles, My squad is going to destroy them.

If there weren't so many vehicles, there wouldn't be so many Engineers-but for fuck's sake there's armor everywhere.
I agree and I'm a decent engineer but at a certain point I run out of ammo and I'm fucked so I always play support and drop ammo boxes for all the engineers. Someone has to do it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
papersleeves said:
Metro Conquest, play Assault and revive people, if you have the GL you can find some good angles and rack up the kills or use the med pack. You can get 5k a game pretty easily.

I don't understand how a bigger caliber rounds (SCAR) should do less damage "up close"?

If anything, just add more recoil from the "hip" firing ... I don't know. Buff damage of lesser caliber "up close" then? JUST dont fuck up with my class.

derFeef

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
I don't understand how a bigger caliber rounds (SCAR) should do less damage "up close"?

If anything, just add more recoil from the "hip" firing ... I don't know. Buff damage of lesser caliber "up close" then? JUST dont fuck up with my class.
He said "lose a bit of power", maybe that does not mean damage per se. But it probably does, who knows.

Sorry, if it's been asked before, only just started but:

-How do I use in-game voice chat? (I'm on PC) I can't seem to find it.
-How do I issue, attack/defend/go here orders? I've only found 'Follow me' so far.
-Have they removed the commander role?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKgikfqm5Kk

I didn't intend for his voice to be recorded on Mumble, but the fact it was made this video SO much better. It didn't record mine but I think that's probably for the best.

Notice in the second clip how you can see Orgun suicide bomb into another jet, and in the third video that I run him over on the runway before having two VERY close calls.

And yes, I know I suck at flying. Was trying to practice :) Even when you're shit it's still fun flying in this game.

Not sure why Youtube made it 4:3, the vid was 16:9...

Also, after you watch that, listen to this. You now have a new ringtone.

marvelharvey said:
Sorry, if it's been asked before, only just started but:

-How do I use in-game voice chat? (I'm on PC) I can't seem to find it.
-How do I issue, attack/defend/go here orders? I've only found 'Follow me' so far.
-Have they removed the commander role?
- You can't, use an external program or Origin.
- Point at objective and tap Q if you're a squad leader.
- Yes.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKgikfqm5Kk

I didn't intend for his voice to be recorded on Mumble, but the fact it was made this video SO much better. It didn't record mine but I think that's probably for the best.

Notice in the second clip how you can see Orgun suicide bomb into another jet, and in the third video that I run him over on the runway before having two VERY close calls.

And yes, I know I suck at flying. Was trying to practice :) Even when you're shit it's still fun flying in this game.

Not sure why Youtube made it 4:3, the vid was 16:9...

Also, after you watch that, listen to this. You now have a new ringtone.

Oh god. I'm in tears.

'I spot one for you brah!'

Okay, so from the BF3 mythbuster:

-Repair tool can kill
-Defib can kill but seems to have a "sweet spot"
-Can "jump toss" med packs
-2 C4 can kill a heavy tank (tested on HC server, however)
-You can repair-kill an enemy tank
-You can run over/roadkill in the jet
-Can eject from an upside down jet 20 feet from ground (wtf)
-Can't destroy the tower in Caspian
-Enemy can't shoot C4 to detonate it
-Vehicles don't detonate claymores
-Can't use mines to launch friendly vehicles ala BC2

codecow

vidal said:
I'm thinking that all of the submachine guns that are unlocked across all kits (PP-2000 and the rest) should have just been given exclusively to the engineers as their weapons.

No way... PP2K, UMP, etc.. are the only things that will get me to rank Support and Recon, despite PP2K being weak it is still ok if you burst it. I can't stand slow ass LMG or weak multi-shot sniper rifles.

Just unlocked these today.

8OLKi.png
GA0Ed.png
V3av8.png
obS2L.png

Feels goood!

Not sure which ones to choose though.

Also my first medal:
qQvOK.png

codecow

Anton Sugar said:
Ugh, so fucking stupid. It's 7.62. Nerf it in other ways, not damage.

With this and the pistol buff...Demize going back to his old ways.

Pistols are fine. Almost every time I pull my Glock I get a kill, pull the trigger fast and use a laser.

1stStrike

Banned
Ikuu said:
What's up with flying out of vehicles randomly, shit is annoying.

I'm better you're hitting the E key randomly by accident, which is what ejects you :p

I used to do this too and, because of this, I remapped it to a button on my mouse so that I wouldn't randomly fuck myself over by ejecting by accident.

DMeisterJ

Banned
A lot of people are playing engineer, but support <3

The C4 and the ammo make that class a must-use for me. I get the anti-tank warfare of the Engineer without worrying about ammo. Just had a game where I destroyed 4 MCOMs and multiple vehicles, and shredded people with my AEK-971 on Tehran Highway. Felt amazing to do so well...

derFeef

Hey how do you get that nice big medal graphics? Also got my first medal today (resupply).

xEq7m.jpg

Also a question - does that number on the right dogtag update dynamically in battlelog and in the game?

codecow said:
Pistols are fine. Almost every time I pull my Glock I get a kill, pull the trigger fast and use a laser.

Exactly. No one is calling for a pistol buff or a 7.62 nerf. They need to work on:

-SOFLAM/Javelin pathfinding
-Semi-auto sniper damage
-Flash suppressor being useless

derFeef said:
Hey how do you get that nice big medal graphics? Also got my first medal today (resupply).

xEq7m.jpg

Also a question - does that number on the right dogtag update dynamically in battlelog and in the game?

I use Chrome "inspect element" option to get the image.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
Exactly. No one is calling for a pistol buff or a 7.62 nerf. They need to work on:

-SOFLAM/Javelin pathfinding
-Semi-auto sniper damage
-Flash suppressor being useless

I want a pistol buff :(

Izayoi

Banned
What the fuck, they're nerfing the SCAR and the A-91?

Why? I mean, I can maybe see the A-91, but the SCAR? Give me a break.

Stallion Free said:
How about instead of nerfing shit, they give other weapons buffs.
That's my philosophy. I can already see the game ending up like BC2 where ALL of the guns are shit because they nerfed everything into oblivion.

Fuck off, DICE.

En-ou

Majanew said:
What needs fixed is the absurd controls for helos and jets. Not weakening a gun that holds 20 rounds.
The controls are fine. They take getting used to. This isn't an arcade game.

Spl1nter

En-ou said:
The controls are fine. They take getting used to. This isn't an arcade game.

I think they could improve jet vs jet battles by using a bf2 afterburner system. Right now its basically impossible to shake a good pilot.

Izayoi said:
What the fuck, they're nerfing the SCAR and the A-91?

Why? I mean, I can maybe see the A-91, but the SCAR? Give me a break.

That's my philosophy. I can already see the game ending up like BC2 where ALL of the guns are shit because they nerfed everything into oblivion.

Fuck off, DICE.

The assault and support weapons are about where they should be, but the SCAR and A91 are too fucking good. Combined with having a launcher AND mines available, engineer is a super class.

RS4-

The freezing on load is getting out of hand. Past two days or so, have to ctrl-alt-del a few times until I finally get into a game.

Izayoi

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
Good thing I already unlocked the G36C! Never going to be using the SCAR or A-91 again anyway!
It's nowhere near as good as the A-91. An acceptable substitute for the SCAR, but you can count on it being nerfed in the future.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I seriously don't understand why my ISP(time warner) hates Battlefield 3. I have cmd.exe pinging google for 20 minutes straight with 30-50ms, load up Battlefield 3 and then it goes to 400+ms with constant drops lol. I restarted my internet several times and "allowed" it on microsoft security essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom