• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn and I just started using the A-91 too. Guess its back to the M4A1 for me :/ Whats a good engi weapon on the russian side? I have like 100 kils on the ak-74u but its range a too short for my taste

Deadly

Stallion Free said:
How about instead of nerfing shit, they give other weapons buffs.
Well there's going to be some "general air balance tweks" if that counts for something.

Also wow
@Demize99 was it the teams intention to have operation metro on 64 player conquest be such a massacre at the stairs/elevators?

Yes, that was the intention. There have been historically lots of ppl who like that sort of mayhem.

JoeMartin

Red Blaster said:
The assault and support weapons are about where they should be, but the SCAR and A91 are too fucking good. Combined with having a launcher AND mines available, engineer is a super class.

A-91 too stronk, yes.

21 round clip and balls recoil on the scar for any ranged engagement would like a word with you tho.

CrankyJay

Banned
Izayoi said:
What the fuck, they're nerfing the SCAR and the A-91?

Why? I mean, I can maybe see the A-91, but the SCAR? Give me a break.

That's my philosophy. I can already see the game ending up like BC2 where ALL of the guns are shit because they nerfed everything into oblivion.

Fuck off, DICE.

What in the world are you talking about? You could take an assault rifle or an LMG (no way should this be possible) and snipe someone out clear across the map as long as you were shooting at the red triangle. If anything, the guns were overpowered.

Moaradin

SCAR just destroys people though. For a class that's supposed to be close-med range, I've been blown up with a SCAR from huge distances countless times.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BC2: Vietnam had the best assault rifles out of the recent games.

Support + UMP + C4 is my new combo, just run around with jihad jeeps and kill anything left with the UMP.

cdyhybrid

Izayoi said:
It's nowhere near as good as the A-91. An acceptable substitute for the SCAR, but you can count on it being nerfed in the future.

I dunno, I'm doing very well with both. I don't notice any difference between the two. Don't even have much unlocked for the G36C yet, either.

CrankyJay

Banned
Spl1nter said:
1sie5l.png

My new dogtags. I really like how they implemented the system. The dynamic tags are really nice.

What are these based on and how do you look them up? I don't even know what my tags look like.

Moaradin said:
SCAR just destroys people though. For a class that's supposed to be close-med range, I've been blown up with a SCAR from huge distances countless times.

The Scar H is a medium to long range weapon though.

7.62 nato round for longer range and stopping power.

JoeMartin said:
A-91 too stronk, yes.

21 round clip and balls recoil on the scar for any ranged engagement would like a word with you tho.

Both the SCAR and A91 are lousy in ranged scenarios, the issue is that they're excellent in mid-range encounters. In past games, the engineer and anti-tank classes were limited to close-range only weapons like SMGs or shotties.

Spl1nter

CrankyJay said:
What are these based on and how do you look them up? I don't even know what my tags look like.

you can change/edit your dogatgs through your stats screen, there is a tab for dogtags. You recieve new dogtags for completing different things in the game. The one on the right is for obtaining the accuracy medal, which is obtaining the accuracy ribbon 50 times.

Moaradin said:

SCAR is pretty bad at long range.

My beef with them reducing it's close range damage is that it already has a pretty low ROF. If the nerf is too much, there won't be much point in using it at all.

CrankyJay

Banned
Spl1nter said:
you can change/edit your dogatgs through your stats screen, there is a tab for dogtags. You recieve new dogtags for completing different things in the game. The one on the right is for obtaining the accuracy medal, which is obtaining the accuracy ribbon 50 times.

Cool, and thanks for the info. I had the Amazon dogtag code so I figure I should check out what I got as a bonus.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Red Blaster said:
Both the SCAR and A91 are lousy in ranged scenarios, the issue is that they're excellent in mid-range encounters. In past games, the engineer and anti-tank classes were limited to close-range only weapons like SMGs or shotties.
Most of the engagements are close to medium, so it doesn't matter how they are at range.

Ikuu said:
Most of the engagements are close to medium, so it doesn't matter how they are at range.
Uh, bullshit. I'd say at least 50% of the firefights I'm in are long range, and in those situations I usually lose out with my SCAR.

GJS

I almost exclusively used the scar in semi-automatic mode whilst I was getting it's first service star and it's pretty good at all ranges like that except the extremes (far and close) but plenty of other guns could out shoot me still, it's not some overpowered beast.

GJS said:
I almost exclusively used the scar in semi-automatic mode whilst I was getting it's first service star and it's pretty good at all ranges like that except the extremes (far and close) but plenty of other guns could out shoot me still, it's not some overpowered beast.

Agreed, it's just a good gun. I don't really see any of the weapons as OP yet.

Izayoi said:
What the fuck, they're nerfing the SCAR and the A-91?

Why? I mean, I can maybe see the A-91, but the SCAR? Give me a break.

That's my philosophy. I can already see the game ending up like BC2 where ALL of the guns are shit because they nerfed everything into oblivion.

Fuck off, DICE.

Scar is OP. didn't really take much for me to figure that out. I guess you need to get used to a new weapon.

Cudder

Decided to branch off from the default Assault weapon for the first time and HOLY SHIT the AES is an awesome gun. Having fun unlocking all of the attachments now.

ITT: Engineers delicious tears.

Engineers have the best kit by several orders of magnitude. All you engineers complaining about not getting ammo boxes? Well maybe not having the best items in the game for every kit slot will allow for more Support players.

Something was going to give. It was either going to be nerfing the Engineer's primaries or not allowing him to carry 10 rpgs and 6+ mines at the same time. Pick your poison.

Dina

I agree that the Engineer kit has a lot, but it's a given considering the amount of vehicles are on the field.

Also, you can't say with a straight face that the Scar is as good as any AR.

Anton Sugar said:
SCAR is pretty bad at long range.

My beef with them reducing it's close range damage is that it already has a pretty low ROF. If the nerf is too much, there won't be much point in using it at all.

Every weapon I've ever seen nerfed has always become near useless after, except for the SOS in Gears 3

Interficium said:

Engineers have the best kit by several orders of magnitude. All you engineers complaining about not getting ammo boxes? Well maybe not having the best items in the game for every kit slot will allow for more Support players.

Something was going to give. It was either going to be nerfing the Engineer's primaries or not allowing him to carry 10 rpgs and 6+ mines at the same time. Pick your poison.

Pffft, back to the M4A1
grin.gif

JoeMartin

Interficium said:

Wouldn't need 10 RPG's if it didn't take 5 just to disable a tank.

v0v

Ysiadmihi said:
Since I'm late to the Assault party...do the underbarrel attachments just not work or something?
Got to sacrifice another piece of kit and equip the rail. Seems daft to do so since you can carry the under slung weapons separately.

My current tags.

bf3_tag.png

Moaradin

I played Engineer in beta. It's always been my class of choice but I knew it would be pretty much the most popular class. Switched to Support in the full game and glad I did. Currently working on the 5 service stars for the M60.

Ysiadmihi said:
Since I'm late to the Assault party...do the underbarrel attachments just not work or something?

You have to put the MASS or 320 in the kit slot where your medpack usually is, unfortunately.

Generally not worth it.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
How about instead of nerfing shit, they give other weapons buffs.

Another call for this, they really need to up the gun warfare in this game to modern terms where all guns are equal and op. This will stop any duty to balance weapons and spent better time on more DLC map packs, preferably months after console release so we have time to analyze the maps before hand.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Kylehimself said:
Got to sacrifice another piece of kit and equip the rail. Seems daft to do so since you can carry the under slung weapons separately.

I'm already doing this but the shotgun still comes up as a standalone. Am I doing it wrong?

Ysiadmihi said:
I'm already doing this but the shotgun still comes up as a standalone. Am I doing it wrong?
Hmmm, it shouldn't. I've only equipped it twice, once under and once standalone to see what was up. Worked fine.

Sanjay said:
Another call for this, they really need to up the gun warfare in this game to modern terms where all guns are equal and op. This will stop any duty to balance weapons and spent better time on more DLC map packs, preferably months after console release so we have time to analyze the maps before hand.

This is generally a good way to balance, but unfortunately wouldn't work here.

If every class had OP, deadly guns, then you'd have to look at the other parts of their kit, engineer clearly dominates there, and you return to the problem of "why be x class when you can be engineer and do it all."

I don't think think it's unfair to nerf the engineer's primary weapon killing power considering their versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom