• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMartin

If they destroy engineer primaries too much I might as well play support.

Terrible as RPG's are at dealing with armor I might as well get C4 and go ninja style. And while we're on the subject of strong guns how about that M60 eh.

JoeMartin said:
If they destroy engineer primaries too much I might as well play support.

Terrible as RPG's are at dealing with armor I might as well get C4 and go ninja style. And while we're on the subject of strong guns how about that M60 eh.

Except for like, you know, your mines which fuck everything up around objectives.

Emily Chu

Banned
the best game I've ever played that had realistic damage was Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield usually 1-2 shots from any gun and you were fucking fried chicken ass dead...

only game where you can switch to single shot and still have the guns work as they were intended to be

fucking guns...

not love taps from a marshmellow BB gun...

Cudder

I love how the medkits work in this game. Throwing one down acts as a healing beacon and heals everyone in the vicinity. Thank God it's not, throw-one-down, one-person-pickup.

JoeMartin

sp3000 said:
HAHA I figured they wouldn't bother with nerfing the mortars

Mortars don't need nerfed because they're too strong. Honestly if you're the least bit active as a player the only time you'll be getting killed is by some wicked random shots.

Something need to happen to them because I'm tired of having a large number of the players on my team sitting in the uncap on their mortars being useless and TKing more than killing the enemy.

Fuck, I can't get a handle on flight controls at all. I still hate jets and think they're the stupidest thing ever so that hasn't changed since BF2, but the copters just feel wrong.

I adored the copters in 2, doesn't help that I just want to practice and not get shot down every 10 seconds. Fucking jets ruin Battlefield.

DarkJC

The only valid issue with the mortar is that it can be setup in what is "out of bounds" for your enemies, making you invincible.

mxgt

Banned
JoeMartin said:
Terrible as RPG's are at dealing with armor I might as well get C4 and go ninja style.

C4 isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to use to destroy vehicles.

Besides, you have AT mines.

sp3000

Red Blaster said:
Why? They're inaccurate as shit and you show up on the map when you use them.

Haha whatever you say. I just went 35-2 with them in a game. They are overpowered and pretty much contribute nothing to the team.

It wouldnt be an issue if the many of the maps were all filled with narrow corridors. Too bad the map design in the game sucks and allows for things like this.

JoeMartin

Interficium said:
Except for like, you know, your mines which fuck everything up around objectives.

Honestly how hard is it to stop and say

HMMMM WHAT ARE THESE LARGE GREY CONSPICUOUSLY PLACED CIRCULAR DISKS IN THE ROAD WHICH NORMALLY ARE NOT THERE?

One, maybe two tank rounds later, you're good. An inconvenience if you're an impatient player? Sure. Often getting kills because most people just don't pay attention at all and tunnel vision hardcore? Definitely. Super strong tank emasculating invisidoomtrap? Not really.

woober

Darkflight said:
Fuck, I can't get a handle on flight controls at all. I still hate jets and think they're the stupidest thing ever so that hasn't changed since BF2, but the copters just feel wrong.

I adored the copters in 2, doesn't help that I just want to practice and not get shot down every 10 seconds. Fucking jets ruin Battlefield.

At least they're not the infantry killing machines as they were in BF2. Actually, jets were an all-around killer... Nothing ever stopped them.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Atilac said:
Can I install ATT at the same time as CCC?

As far as I know it's fine as long as you don't have conflicting profile data between the two.

So far with just the thread count fix, I'm fine.

Izayoi

Banned
KingOfKong said:
Scar is OP. didn't really take much for me to figure that out. I guess you need to get used to a new weapon.
I have more kills with it than any other gun and I can tell you it's not overpowered.

If you want overpowered, take a look at the M39.

woober said:
At least they're not the infantry killing machines as they were in BF2. Actually, jets were an all-around killer... Nothing ever stopped them.
I could never fly the jets in 2 either, just zoom around my head, no idea how anyone flies them and does anything useful with them, so fast.

Kylehimself said:
Can you elaborate? When I use inspect element I only get tiny versions of the images.

You need to choose it first so the big image shows up on top, then inspect that. Or just replace the /s/ in the URL with /lb/

As for medals, replace the /s/ in the URL for /l/, weapons and equip have different sizes in the URL:

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/stats/items_79x43/m416.png

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/stats/items_147x88/m416.png

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/stats/items_512x308/m416.png

Is this what this thread is going to be like now the first week hype is over? Bitching and moaning about "overpowered" equipment etc?

Cos I gotta tell you, it's already boring.

sp3000 said:
Haha whatever you say. I just went 35-2 with them in a game. They are overpowered and pretty much contribute nothing to the team.

It wouldnt be an issue if the many of the maps were all filled with narrow corridors. Too bad the map design in the game sucks and allows for things like this.

So you played against a team of morons, congrats? And they're incredibly useful on rush especially when you use the smoke grenades.

Smokey

What's getting nerfed and what isn't? Would be nice if this was in the OP so people that had to work today don't have to dig and dig for information!

Foliorum Viridum said:
Is this what this thread is going to be like now the first week hype is over? Bitching and moaning about "overpowered" equipment etc?

Cos I gotta tell you, it's already boring.
Hopefully not, if I can get a handle on the copters it'll be "OMG, I love the copters, all is forgiven DiCE" heh, this is me playing when I'm tired and should be asleep with golden memories of 2's copters in my head still.

Majanew

Banned
En-ou said:
The controls are fine. They take getting used to. This isn't an arcade game.
Lol sure it is. And EA/DICE want the COD crowd. Simple, polished controls. Let the skill come from the kill not from trying to master the silly controls. The least they could do is have a training room for the jets and helos. I hesitate to take them so someone on the team that might be more used to them can grab it. Try not to hinder the team by flying around like a jackass trying to learn the more complex than they should be controls. I'm sure I could eventually get used to them if I just constantly practice during a game, but it just seems odd that everything else controls great with simple controls except those two. They already fly slower than slow and engineers have stingers.

Anyone getting this problem? It usually fixes itself when I tab out and into the game a couple of times but it's really annoying.

bf32011-10-3019-54-39-7r6z.jpg

Sometimes it will only be like 1/10 of the screen doing the black overlay thing and sometimes nearly the whole screen like that.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
belvedere said:

Thanks. The loading times were really starting to bother me.

WoodenLung said:
Anyone getting this problem? It usually fixes itself when I tab out and into the game a couple of times but it's really annoying.

http://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-10-3019-54-39-7r6z.jpg

Sometimes it will only be like 1/10 of the screen doing the black overlay thing and sometimes nearly the whole screen like that.

I haven't had that happen...but that looks fucking awesome.

cdyhybrid

Any sneaky tips for leveling recon? MAV is cool but it's not a TON of points. Do I just have to be Mr. Badass Sniper and get 300+ point Marksman kills?

desu

WoodenLung said:

Had this before, only happened on one certain server for me.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
Any sneaky tips for leveling recon? MAV is cool but it's not a TON of points. Do I just have to be Mr. Badass Sniper and get 300+ point Marksman kills?

Equip something other than a sniper rifle and go cap some points. Sniping is really only profitable points-wise on certain maps.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
WoodenLung said:

[IMGhttp://www.abload.de/img/bf32011-10-3019-54-39-7r6z.jpg[/IMG]

Stealth mode engaged.

Sorry bro haven't experienced that yet.

Nothing is really OP from what I've seen, at least nothing like the UMP in the beta. More of the issues are in the fact that engineers can do almost everything and how recon is kind of lame. I think they should move the claymores back to recon.

renitou

Am I missing something about the implementation of platoons on consoles? I joined the PS3 GAF platoon, but I see no way to check the member list in-game to see who is online, or a way to join a platoon member's game.

What's the point?

Metalmurphy said:
You need to choose it first so the big image shows up on top, then inspect that. Or just replace the /s/ in the URL with /lb/

As for medals, replace the /s/ in the URL for /l/, weapons and equip have different sizes in the URL:

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/stats/items_79x43/m416.png

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/stats/items_147x88/m416.png

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/stats/items_512x308/m416.png
Appreciate it, cheers.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Nothing is really OP from what I've seen, at least nothing like the UMP in the beta. More of the issues are in the fact that engineers can do almost everything and how recon is kind of lame. I think they should move the claymores back to recon.

It feels like DICE doesn't know what to do with classes anymore. I really liked how they were set up in BC1. Each class had a defined role and gadgets weren't scattered around freely for the sake of customization. It just feels like a mess in BC2 and BF3.

NIN90

AuthenticM said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: if they don't fix this, then fuck this game.

It's in the OP
mp1st said:
Now that a patch has been confirmed for Battlefield 3, we’re getting more information on which weapons and vehicles will be affected and what issues will be ironed out.
Balance

Alan Kerts, Battlefield 3′s Gameplay Designer, reveals that “pistols will be getting a bit of love in the near future.” A slight improvement in the damage department for pistols is certainly welcome. After nerfing the UMP since the beta, Kerts admitted ”it [UMP] got the nerf bat pretty hard. Gave it back some power today. I’ll be playing to monitor balance.” The UMP is unlocked at level 16 and can be used on all kits.

Some fans have been outspoken about the effectivity of the jets asking for improvement. One fan expressed his concerns to Fredrik Thylander demanding “they [jets] need a buff.” Thylander, Senior Designer at DICE, confirmed “they [jets] are getting it [the buff].”

Issues

DICE is looking into the following issues, besides the usual server problems:

-PS3 users communication problems.
-BF3.exe has stopped responding on PC.
-Teaming up with friends and getting into the same side.
-PS3 input lag.
-Other issues in yesterday’s post.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Red Blaster said:

I didn't get to the UMP in the beta but I just unlocked it yesterday so I have no comparison but the damn thing feels like a peashooter definitely not worth a level 16 unlock.

JoeMartin

RbBrdMan said:
I didn't get to the UMP in the beta but I just unlocked it yesterday so I have no comparison but the damn thing feels like a peashooter definitely not worth a level 16 unlock.

It wasn't downright heinous or anything. Just a solid mid range weapon that could be effectively used on any class. An all around good weapon.

JoeMartin said:
It wasn't downright heinous or anything. Just a solid mid range weapon that could be effectively used on any class. An all around good weapon.

Disagree. It got to the point where half the team would be using UMP's and almost all of my deaths were to it. It's gotten nerfed to shit now, unfortunately--hope the buff works out well.

I love my T-Rex tag, but these Dr Pepper ones are awesome! Pile 'O Bones is the only lame one. The 3 Wolf Moon one is tempting but I might go with the Friday one for now lol

Makoto

So what rewards/points do recon get for assisting a Javelin vehicle destruction with the SOLFAM?

I'm guessing not enough to make it worth the recon's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom