• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
It suck I can't find a server where other plays take advantage of my soflam. Right now I'm just using it to spot people without revealing myself.

It's also a shame you can't stick c4 on the MAV. I really would've enjoyed trolling helicopters with my custom cruise missle :(

Ysiadmihi

Banned
RS4- said:
Later on, I hope they let you unlock dogtags when you steal them off people.

As cool an idea as that is, we really don't need knifing to be more tempting than it already is.

Maybe limit it to TDM or something.

Marvie_3

Banned
petethepanda said:
I love my T-Rex tag, but these Dr Pepper ones are awesome! Pile 'O Bones is the only lame one. The 3 Wolf Moon one is tempting but I might go with the Friday one for now lol
I'm using one of the Dr Pepper ones:

1zny58k.jpg

RS4- said:
Later on, I hope they let you unlock dogtags when you steal them off people.

Thats what I thought it was to begin with. Would have been cool.

I really hate pre-order BS, offer a way for overseas people to get it too. >_> Even if I wanted to deal with store specific crap I physically can't.

Enosh

they really need to up the bonus points for spotting, squad revives and heals etc
50 instead of 10 points would be cool
hell even 30 might work

Makoto

Spl1nter said:
50 WHOLE POINTS!
Truly mind boggling.

Well, I guess that's better than 10 points for barebones spotting. But getting punched in the gut is better than getting kicked in the crotch too.

petethepanda said:
I love my T-Rex tag, but these Dr Pepper ones are awesome! Pile 'O Bones is the only lame one. The 3 Wolf Moon one is tempting but I might go with the Friday one for now lol

its a 6 wolf moon, twice as good as a 3 wolf!

RS4-

Ysiadmihi said:
As cool an idea as that is, we really don't need knifing to be more tempting than it already is.

Maybe limit it to TDM or something.
Lol if I can get a knife, I do it. I think I've got close to 100 of them.

Feels good

1stStrike

Banned
Fuck, all I wanna do is get in a tank and start wrecking shit so I can get the guided unlock (it's up next - need 6500 more points), but in every game I join all the tanks are taken D:

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone preorder a copy from Amazon? If yes, was there $20 promotional credit? I'm trying to preorder MGS from Amazon and it's not reducing the price on the checkout screen. Did anyone else receive credit? Or am I just being delusional?

Dipswitch

Dr Eggman said:
Did anyone preorder a copy from Amazon? If yes, was there $20 promotional credit? I'm trying to preorder MGS from Amazon and it's not reducing the price on the checkout screen. Did anyone else receive credit? Or am I just being delusional?

I did. They email you a code a day or so after the game ships.

Dr Eggman said:

They should have emailed you a code that you apply at checkout.

Man, rough edges aside, the sheer scale and epic chaos of the battles that unfold in this game are insane.

Found a squad of guys I like playing with, and we just dismantled teams in Conquest for hours.

Although, having a squad that actually communicates can be game-breaking on the console. In one game we ended up stealing and repairing all their tanks, and just blitzkrieged them into submission within the first 10 minutes.

derFeef

Amazing how quickly you rank up if you do well. I got from 12 to 14 in under an hour by getting some cool ribbons and a medal. You can really play for points if you have a good squad I think.

Enosh said:
they really need to up the bonus points for spotting, squad revives and heals etc
50 instead of 10 points would be cool
hell even 30 might work

True, it's fucking stupid that I get a measly 10 extra points for squad revives - that's a shitty reward for focusing on my squad.

Spotting is a joke - nobody does it because A. they don't know how and/or B. there's no incentive to do so. I spot all the time, but it's really only useful for having other people steal kills or for those guys that get away. Oh well.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The Antitype said:
Man, rough edges aside, the sheer scale and epic chaos of the battles that unfold in this game are insane.

Found a squad of guys I like playing with, and we just dismantled teams in Conquest for hours.

Although, having a squad that actually communicates can be game-breaking on the console. In one game we ended up stealing and repairing all their tanks, and just blitzkrieged them into submission within the first 10 minutes.
The most powerful tool in BF3 is the microphone.

Frant1ck

Hello everyone, first post here!

I just got a copy of the limited edition with the SPECACT Kit. Can anyone tell me how to redeem my code because i cant see it on Origin.

i know i'm dumb...

Edit: Nevermind i found it, i was looking in the BF3 options when i had to look in the Origin options. Can't say i'm a big fan of this origin thing....

Holy FUCK I'm so sick of the goddamn Battlelog randomly refusing to show pings!! Then I have to fucking re-log in because it shows every server as having blank ping.

SO ANNOYING!!!!!!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anton Sugar said:
Knifing is fucking great. Easily the best knifing in a game. Balanced and rewarding. VISCERAL.

Yeah, THIS is how knifing/melee should be. From the front, jack shit. From behind, instant kill, BUT you enter an animation that leaves you vulnerable.

Makoto

I like how chopper combat has basically devolved into "I'M GONNA LOCK ONTO YOU.", "YEAH, WELL I'M GONNA LOCK ONTO YOU.", "FLARESSSSSSSS.", "I GOT FLARESSSSS TOO BITCH."

Every time it's that same stupid duel. Especially on Operation Firestorm because there's no cover at all for choppers. Even if I want to just focus on ground targets, the other chopper wants to start some shit. Completely not fun.

DarkJC

BoobPhysics101 said:
Spotting is a joke - nobody does it because A. they don't know how and/or B. there's no incentive to do so. I spot all the time, but it's really only useful for having other people steal kills or for those guys that get away. Oh well.

The incentive is giving your team way more information. I don't care if someone steals my kill when I spot someone, usually I end up with at least 100 points anyway counting the assist points and suppression assist. I also love spotting people in buildings too far away for me to kill and then watching my teammates in that building decimate them.

DarkJC said:
The incentive is giving your team way more information. I don't care if someone steals my kill when I spot someone, usually I end up with at least 100 points anyway counting the assist points and suppression assist. I also love spotting people in buildings too far away for me to kill and then watching my teammates in that building decimate them.

Tell that to Joe Gamer. I rarely have enemies spotted for me.

Marvie_3

Banned
vidal said:
I like how chopper combat has basically devolved into "I'M GONNA LOCK ONTO YOU.", "YEAH, WELL I'M GONNA LOCK ONTO YOU.", "FLARESSSSSSSS.", "I GOT FLARESSSSS TOO BITCH."

Every time it's that same stupid duel. Especially on Operation Firestorm because there's no cover at all for choppers. Even if I want to just focus on ground targets, the other chopper wants to start some shit. Completely not fun.
Just crash into them like I do.

RS4-

Maybe because it's so easy to spot on PC; but even if it wasn't, I'd still do it anyway as it helps the team out as every kill matters.

MrBig

vidal said:

Is there a MG unlock for attack helos? I find Littlebird/z-11 combat very satisfying with the addition of Homing Rockets to the MGs.

snack

"WorldRender.DxDefferedCsPathEnable 0" in console supposedly improves framerate? People have been posting this console command on the official EA forums apparently. It gave me 5 fps increase and I couldn't tell any graphical differences. I'm running on high settings.

JoeMartin said:
It wasn't downright heinous or anything. Just a solid mid range weapon that could be effectively used on any class. An all around good weapon.

Yeah it was, there was a reason why a insanely high number of people used it in beta.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
Is there a MG unlock for attack helos? I find Littlebird/z-11 combat very satisfying with the addition of Homing Rockets to the MGs.

The littlebird's guns tear through tanks like a hot knife through butter, it's fucking sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom