• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmackem

I dont get the hate for metro, i love that map on conquest so many choke points so much fun. There only seems to be two maps with such close combat choke points in them which brings something different to the open feel to the rest of the maps.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm always humbled whenever I play on GAF servers in any online game. You guys are fucking good compared to the majority of the community. Fuck.

1stStrike

Banned
shagg_187 said:
I still don't know how the fuck SOFLAM works. I picked up an enemy's kit, played around with SOFLAM. I was... lost.

Watch This

Get a couple of people with tanks that have guided shell and/or javelin and lock on with SOFLAM like in the video. They'll be able to lock on to whatever you're aiming at and totally fuck them up...

A tank or javelin can shoot down aircraft using it - yes, your tank shell will fucking home in on a jet :p

And since it's laser guided flares and smoke will have no effect.

It's seriously amazing, but so few people utilize it right now =\

Oh and you can setup the SOFLAM anywhere you want on the map and it'll automatically lock on to nearby targets without you controlling it. You can connect to it from anywhere in the map, so you don't even need to stay near it, and manually control it at will :eek:

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Well, finally have the extended mags for the MP7 and now it's not completely useless in any engagement that isn't the back of an enemy. I'll probably be service starring it since it's the next closest and I don't absolutely hate the gun now.

Red Blaster said:
Angry medic is the greatest thing about BF3.

EAT THIS YOU ASSHOLE URRRRRGH

lmao. I get killed from laughing at this way too much. Almost as funny as soldiers cursing out the fences in Bad Company 2.

1stStrike

Banned
MrTroubleMaker said:
Yeah, to bad it isn't an early unlock. I really dislike this mp unlock trend :(

Yar D:

What I need is a gunner that can actually aim/pay attention and repair me when I get hit, and someone to setup/man the SOFLAM. If you throw in a couple people with javelins, the other team would have 0 aircraft in the air and tanks would be completely fucked.

I need a regular squad to roll with like I had in BC2 instead of randoms.

mcrae

Ostinatto said:
i want to practice with the sniper rifle, any good map for long shots?

i like tehran highway for sniping. people dont pay attention to snipers in cranes//if you dont suck its hard for them to take you out. got a couple 200m and a 411m headshot there

SapientWolf said:
You'll like the game better after it hazes you. It's like, science.
lol it's already done it a few times, the times I was doing amazing, unlocking a bunch of stuff.. then "server disconnect" ... yay lost all of it :(

edit: just saw your link, that doesn't work on me, it just infuriates me more.

The 360 version continues to impress as I'm finally becoming familiar with most of the maps. Disabling and/or destroying tanks and other armor is perhaps the most satisfying experience in all of the multiplayer shooter games, I love it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
To those who have not unlocked the IRNV, you are playing at a huge disadvantage! That thing is freaking OP.

UFRA

lol so there was this guy who did nothing but get into air-based vehicles EVERY map. If something was flying, it was guaranteed to be him.

So, I decided to dedicate my life to making his day miserable. Got out my stinger and just sat and waited for him every time. All he could do was hide behind hills and deploy flares. He ended the round with 1 kill. Muahahahhaaa

/bitch move

Ysiadmihi

Banned
commish said:
To those who have not unlocked the IRNV, you are playing at a huge disadvantage! That thing is freaking OP.

If it's the same as it in the beta, it is absolutely broken. I can't believe it's in the game.

1stStrike

Banned
endlessflood said:
Yes but only if you're using guided shells as one of your tank perks ;)

Of course I am. That's the whole point of my rant - guided shells is awesome :p

Oh and caught you before your edit HAHA :)

I just unlocked thermal vision too.

Mines? No problem. They stand out plain as day.

People hiding? No problem. They also stand out plain as day.

I'm a killing machine now.

I'm wondering. I've read that ULTRA eats up 1.4GB VRAM which causes stuttering, but I've been running ULTRA for some time on my 5850 Xtreme (1GB) and have yet to experience any hiccup.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
I'm wondering. I've read that ULTRA eats up 1.4GB VRAM which causes stuttering, but I've been running ULTRA for some time on my 5850 Xtreme (1GB) and have yet to experience any hiccup.

What other settings though?

Kibbles

Majanew said:
KuGsj.gif
Perfect response.

Samb

Neo Member
commish said:
M4 on 3 shot burst > else. I'll NEVER switch. Really, burst > full auto. Once I made that switch, my survivability went way, way, way up.
Is there really any benefit to burst fire weapons if you control your rate of fire already? I use the M4A1 and find that it works pretty well. Is the burst really worth the inability to fire quickly in close range fighting?

1stStrike said:
I just unlocked thermal vision too.

Mines? No problem. They stand out plain as day.

People hiding? No problem. They also stand out plain as day.
Yeah thermal FTW. I don't really need the assistance seeing infantry, but having mines stand out so clearly is worth its weight in gold. I do miss being able to zoom, but I'd rather not have zoom and still be in one piece :)

1stStrike

Banned
endlessflood said:
Yeah thermal FTW. I don't really need the assistance seeing infantry, but having mines stand out so clearly is worth its weight in gold. I do miss being able to zoom, but I'd rather not have zoom and still be in one piece :)

My eye sight sucks, so I need all these hax :p I love being able to see some infantry guy crawling on his belly in the bushes hoping to avoid my attention. It's just like - NOPE! *BOOM*
KuGsj.gif

Oh btw, are you playing on PS3 this time or did you join the master race? I miss playing with everyone on PS3 sometimes as I don't have anyone to play with on PC D:

zlatko

Banned
Nabs said:
Ha, I've been rocking the IRNV all day. lmfao. I just put a fucking flashlight on that bitch.

The best part of the flashlight is that other IRNV can't see your body heat if you have it on.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Foliorum Viridum said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKgikfqm5Kk

I didn't intend for his voice to be recorded on Mumble, but the fact it was made this video SO much better. It didn't record mine but I think that's probably for the best.

Notice in the second clip how you can see Orgun suicide bomb into another jet, and in the third video that I run him over on the runway before having two VERY close calls.

And yes, I know I suck at flying. Was trying to practice :) Even when you're shit it's still fun flying in this game.

Not sure why Youtube made it 4:3, the vid was 16:9...

Also, after you watch that, listen to this. You now have a new ringtone.

Orgun, you're a legend, brah.

Also, Could VM actually not lie and get my phone ports working so I can have my router next to my PC as intended so I can play this game?

IMACOMPUTA

Salacious Crumb said:
I just walk around scoped constantly with the IRNV, it's like I'm neo in the matrix.

Or like Batman Arkham Asylum detective mode 24/7.

Same here. Haha.

I find it really hard to play without it now.

Zeppelin

Kahoona said:
C4 man, set up some tank traps! Gas Station and Checkpoint are perfect positions for them.

Yeah, I suppose so. But it feels like you're better off going with engineer and use AT mines instead. I guess my problem with support on Caspian is that I can't find a spot to hold with my machine gun. But in the games I tried it I also had problems with snipers in the tower that shot me as soon as I set up somewhere.

def sim

I still couldn't get into a lobby where my "squad" and I would be put on the same team. Come on man, this problem has been around since the beta.

I'm fine going against my buddies every now and then, but never playing with them? The fuck is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom