• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lawblob said:
Wait, so that's only a 360 thing because of people with no hard drive?
Exactly.
Damn good looking game so its worth it.

Ysiadmihi said:
It depends on who you ask. Maps like Caspian Border or Firestorm (the non-64 player versions) feel like a ghost town with only 32 players to me and less could only be worse.

I feel like Damavand Peak would be fine with 64 too if they actually gave you more than two goddamned helicopters for a team of 32 people.
Well the maps are also scaled down for consoles so Caspian Border and Firestorm still feel fairly active with only 24 players. They have the same feel as the first stage of Arica Harbor in BC2.

MrCookiepants said:
I'm just about done trying to convince myself this is a good game.

Most of the content isn't worth anyone's time. Campaign sucks. Co-op sucks. Half the multiplayer modes suck. Half the maps suck. Battlelog sucks the most. I don't even know where to begin with that. Jets and Choppers are impossible to control, so there's some more content that might as well not be there.

I can't see shit in this game. It looks pretty, but trying to spot an enemy is like playing Where's Waldo. And the aiming is definitely off. This is what I imagine Killzone 2 would feel like with a KB+M.

Key bindings DON'T WORK PROPERLY. WTF?

I'm so mad at myself for buying into the hype.
I'm sorry that you're just terribad. I have been absolutely loving this game. Oh yeah, I also pwn in helis and jets.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
Well the maps are also scaled down for consoles so Caspian Border and Firestorm still feel fairly active with only 24 players. They have the same feel as the first stage of Arica Harbor in BC2.

I'm pretty sure they're the same size. The 64 player maps just have more CPs (like the antenna on Caspian).

Enosh

great, fucking game doesn't start
it just stays on "joining server"

edit: fixed, for some reason origin logged me out and didn't bother to tell me -.-

vaelic

Banned
PC the lead platform?

1. negative mouse acceleration
2. aim assist in Single Player
3. people that meet sys, requirements can not play
4. more bugs than console versions
5. no joystick support
6. problems with SLI and Crossfire
7.problems using Windows Aero
8. Full Screen, mouse does not align with menu
9. GPU drivers have to be up to date (how did they test new drivers)
10. mouse sensitivity is awful
11. Broken key bindings
12. Game fails to start half the time in multiplayer

rabhw

Does anyone else dislike Op. Firestorm? It just feels to me like it's big for the sake of being big, but isn't particularly interesting in how it's laid out. Very little z-axis fighting, it's so flat, big, and boring.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else have problems with setting up a DS3-controller in this game. I have installed motionjoy and set it to emulate a 360-controller, but when i want to set the right stick's x-axis to control the helicopter yaw it only detects the XROT+ and not the XROT- (as in the helicopter will only turn in one direction :p)

And yes, it does detect the correct x-rotation in the windows game controller settings.

rabhw said:
Does anyone else dislike Op. Firestorm? It just feels to me like it's big for the sake of being big, but isn't particularly interesting in how it's laid out. Very little z-axis fighting, it's so flat, big, and boring.

My big complaint with it right now is the building at Point A that you can only get on the roof via helicopter. If you have a bunch of chuckleheads crashing your helicopters constantly it makes it really hard to get up there to flush people out. Otherwise I love the tank combat on that map and goddamn if it is not stressful at Points B and C. So many little places for engineers to hide out and pummel you with AT rounds. I have seen some fun games on that map where we pull in with two squads running two tanks and then having the infantry run around and flush out the enemy.

Enosh said:
great, fucking game doesn't start
it just stays on "joining server"

edit: fixed, for some reason origin logged me out and didn't bother to tell me -.-

Yeah, this happened to me yesterday. I was throwing a shit fit :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
rabhw said:
The only thing I don't like about it is that half of your team is always flying around doing nothing due to the number of planes/choppers, which leaves a small number of infantry to cap.

vaelic said:
PC the lead platform?

5. no joystick support
11. Broken key bindings

Don't see all of your complaints in my game, but:

Battlefield 3 lead platform 'switched to consoles' mid-development

The DICE boss shared the news in the latest issue of PSM3, where he revealed that despite Battlefield 3 looking very much like a shooter designed for advanced PC hardware, the latter stages of Battlefield 3's construction lead on PS3 and Xbox 360 in order to meet release on time.

"We said originally that the PC was the lead SKU of the game, but in mid-production we switched to console as lead platform to make sure we could get all the versions done for release," Troedsson confirmed.

"Our ambition at DICE is to use the power of each individual platform to get the most out of the game," he added.

"In the case of the PS3... I understand that if you compare it to a high-end PC, it's not going to look as good. But if you compare it to other games on the PS3, including other games we've done previously, I have to say I'm very happy with how it looks.

"Hopefully people will agree when they look at it in the same way."

EA previously said it lead development on PC because that audience "has been the one complaining."

TheContact

I don't know why but every 64 player game I join is incredibly laggy. It wasn't like this on the beta so I don't know why it's happening to me. I just stick with 32 player maps.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm pretty sure the existence of vehicles causes rubberbanding. I have never gotten rubberbanding in TDM Caspian, but I get it in Squad DM which has the same player count and a vehicle.

Deadly

Foliorum Viridum said:
Has ANYONE had success in binding the middle click and mouse buttons 4 and 5 in this game?

I've tried various programs but nothing has worked.
Some people seem to have been successful. Something about using right arrow to access the mouse column?

this thread is pretty epic.

Before I picked this game up you guys scared the shit out of me about this game, everyone seems to be down on it.

I picked it up and freaking LOVE IT! so I come back to check the thread and see what people are saying and its more bitching.

*sad face*

anyways COD is coming and will probably take the lions share of my shooter time but I am glad I have this too since Conquest is its own beast.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
mil6es said:
yeah not so easy when I'm blinded by white light
It's pretty stupid and gives whoever has the Flashlight a huge advantage, it doesn't help that there is nothing at all you can do to counter it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Has ANYONE had success in binding the middle click and mouse buttons 4 and 5 in this game?

I've tried various programs but nothing has worked.

For a little while I had the knife assigned to middle click. I switched that up after repeatedly switching weapons instead of stabbing a mofo.

Salacious Crumb

JetBlackPanda said:
this thread is pretty epic.

Before I picked this game up you guys scared the shit out of me about this game, everyone seems to be down on it.

I picked it up and freaking LOVE IT! so I come back to check the thread and see what people are saying and its more bitching.

*sad face*

anyways COD is coming and will probably take the lions share of my shooter time but I am glad I have this too since Conquest is its own beast.

Everyone enjoying it is too busy playing to post anything.

Divius

mil6es said:
yeah not so easy when I'm blinded by white light
Flashlights and lasers are waaaaay too bright :(

How the hell do I get blinded by a flashlight that's over 5 meters away in broad daylight?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
BattleMonkey said:
Shoot at the light = dead flashlight user

Not so much. I've unloaded clips into the direction of flashlight users and it never seems to hit them, ever. Maybe I should try aiming to the left a little bit?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
mil6es said:
quick question: how the hell do people fight against flashlights, Im finding it highly annoying right now

Know what's more annoying? When your own moronic teammates flash you in the face with them. I don't mind when my opponents have flashlights... it mostly just makes them stand out more.

Is there any gun available when using the engineering class that is more powerful than the M4 but also has a burst? I know, the Scar is OP and is being nerfed, but it doesn't have burst. I love my M4, but sometimes I have a problem putting people down at a distance (yeah, I know it's a carbine and is not an assault rifle).

Also, what do you engineers usually use for your anti-vehicle weapon? I unlocked the javelin, but not having a dumb fire mode makes it pretty limited. It seems like the standard RPG is the best, especially on....

Metro. Jesus. I finally played this map for the first time yesterday, and it blew my mind. How could anyone make this map and think it's a good design? The only redeeming quality about it is that you can get a lot of points, whether you revive, resupply or spam rockets. I had a 6 person multi-kill yesterday with a rocket. Was awesome.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just beat the single player...it was alright. Nothing to write home about. Some boring missions in there, and at times, I think it tries to hard.

Anyway, time to get to the meat of this badboy.:)

vaelic said:
PC the lead platform?

5. no joystick support
11. Broken key bindings
Sounds like a PC game anyway.

MDSLKTR

I can't launch the game anymore since yesterday :( Whenever I click on multi or sp in the battlelog nothing happens and I see broken pics on the menu (like when a missing pic appears in chrome). I reinstalled the game and origin and still no luck. I think i'm gonna try it on firefox or reinstall chrome. Anybody had that problem?

Arcipello

how come i have this weapon on my unlocked list.... yet i dont seem to have it in game?

2akg39s.jpg

F#A#Oo

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Shoot at the light = dead flashlight user

Not really...it's very hit and miss and deeply confusing...especially because team-mates also have the ability to blind you...

Basically this is what it feels like to be a rabbit in the headlights...

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
vaelic said:
PC the lead platform?

5. no joystick support
11. Broken key bindings

3. Every PC release since 1991, lol
4. No shit? 112323993483 possible configurations vs 2.
5. Bullshit, I'm using it just fine.
9. WOW, downloading drivers on PC, HORRENDOUS.
10. There are people for whom mouse is always awful.
12. No, it's actually 80%, I know.

Is something wrong with the servers today?

I keeps telling me I need to install the Browser Plugins, no matter how many times I install them.

This game is so freaking broken.

F#A#Oo said:
Not really...it's very hit and miss and deeply confusing...especially because team-mates also have the ability to blind you...

Basically this is what it feels like to be a rabbit in the headlights...

Team mates blinding you is the worst. Problem is that it's kind of hard to see if you got it switched on in the day maps and by kind of hard I mean nearly impossible.

Ysiadmihi said:
I'm pretty sure they're the same size. The 64 player maps just have more CPs (like the antenna on Caspian).
Really? Everyone was reporting that they were physically smaller awhile ago. I'd be interested in hearing more about this issue.

Metalmurphy said:
Is something wrong with the servers today?

I keeps telling me I need to install the Browser Plugins, no matter how many times I install them.

This game is so freaking broken.

Hyperbole much? You can't get in one morning =/= broken game. In fact:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that based on internal estimates, Battlefield 3™ has sold through five million units in the first week globally, making it the fastest-selling game in EA's history. The outstanding retail performance is driven by critic's reviews averaging above 85 on console and above 90 on PC.* Word-of-mouth from gamers is also driving sales — Battlefield 3 now has more than 2.5 Million "likes" on Facebook®. Following the tradition of all games in this storied franchise; Battlefield 3 includes a superior multi-player experience. Consumers have logged-on in unprecedented numbers to team up and join the battle. Server stability was solid in the first weekend, delivering EA's highest-ever usage rates. While some players experienced intermittent disruption of online services due to high volume, internal estimates show that servers and service uptime stabilized to roughly 98.9% throughout the weekend, ensuring that players were connected and enjoying the game. With a commitment to support the game as a software service, EA is listening to consumer feedback and is making daily updates and improvements to ensure an optimal online experience for all.

It's been a good launch. Game has issues but is far from broken.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I like how you defend server stability when the server you are in charge of has a ridiculous crash rate.

And it's not even just yours, servers don't seem to last more than 5 or so rounds before crashing in general.

Dabanton

I've got to say on console i'm liking all of the maps busy enough that there is always something happening and someone to fight. Went on some rampages yesterday on Caspian up on the hilltop flag, snuck up behind an enemy squad and dogtagged killed three of them in quick succesion. :D

Also saw an awesome sight on kharg island, i was locking onto a jet with my stinger missile when a helicopter flew right into it and they both blew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom