• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyD said:
What? I was agreeing with you. Something is broken about it. Just because it works sometimes it does not mean something is still not broken.

And the crash on load is a common problem, I was not the only one last night with that issue. Its something that even appears on the battlelog forums you posted.

Sorry, hot head atm cause I couldn't get the game to work, I read it wrong
lol.gif

Anyway, it's working now, time to play

$5 says the game is gonna crash on the first run.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Metalmurphy said:
I'm saying there's alot more then you usually see. I think you're smart enough to realize not everyone that buys the game, having problems or not, actually use the forums.

Yeah, that's my point. The vast majority of players are not using the forums; those who do are probably experiencing issues and are seeking help.

1stStrike

Banned
dino1980 said:
How do you use guided shell? Im pointing at stuff but nothing happens... no locking on or nothing.

You hit 2 to turn it on, then get in range and it'll start locking on to your target. It has a longer reload time than your normal shell, so fire it and then change back to your normal shell for a quick follow up. It's like double tapping, except with tanks - get two shots off really fast.

If someone has the SOFLAM, or you have the 3rd seat unlocked in the tank with someone in it, they can pinpoint targets and you'll be able to lock on to them and fire accordingly.

It's pretty great.

Hmm browsing through Reddit, it seems that a hack group has released a "fix" for Legit customer to bypass Origin, so you can play Bf3 without ever launching Origin!, please EA dont ban people for bypassing your shitty program.

commish said:
Know what's more annoying? When your own moronic teammates flash you in the face with them. I don't mind when my opponents have flashlights... it mostly just makes them stand out more.

Is there any gun available when using the engineering class that is more powerful than the M4 but also has a burst? I know, the Scar is OP and is being nerfed, but it doesn't have burst. I love my M4, but sometimes I have a problem putting people down at a distance (yeah, I know it's a carbine and is not an assault rifle).

Also, what do you engineers usually use for your anti-vehicle weapon? I unlocked the javelin, but not having a dumb fire mode makes it pretty limited. It seems like the standard RPG is the best, especially on....

Metro. Jesus. I finally played this map for the first time yesterday, and it blew my mind. How could anyone make this map and think it's a good design? The only redeeming quality about it is that you can get a lot of points, whether you revive, resupply or spam rockets. I had a 6 person multi-kill yesterday with a rocket. Was awesome.
Carbines ARE assault rifles, as is the SKS
But I think I know what you meant

commish

slopeslider said:
Carbines ARE assault rifles, as is the SKS
But I think I know what you meant

In this game, doesn't it treat the assault class's weapons differently than the engineer's weapons? I thought the assault class got assault rifles with longer range and more power while the engineers got carbines with shorter range/less power. Obviously, IRL no one is going to say an M4 is not an assault rifle, but in the game, I thought there was a distinction.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
GeoNeo said:
My brother was having the same issue so I went over uninstalled the shitty realtek audio drivers and reverted back to the default HD Audio Device Drivers and he has had no more crashes.

Got an Audigy X-Fi, no way I'm uninstalling that.

Salacious Crumb said:
Just saw this posted on reddit:

Razor1911 release Origin bypass for Battlefield 3 for legit customers, enabling you to play online without origin.

http://pastebin.com/ycF4YqcT

I'd love to use this but I'm afraid of EA banning me.

When i first saw the link i was hoping for it to be some kind of external fix, but when i saw that its the actual BF3.exe that is being replaced, it stopped me on my tracks, a simple MD5 check by EA could tell them if you are not using the original exe, they will most probably start disabling this if not banning too.

commish

Salacious Crumb said:
Just saw this posted on reddit:

"Razor1911 release Origin bypass for Battlefield 3 for legit customers, enabling you to play online without origin."

http://pastebin.com/ycF4YqcT

I'd love to use this but I'm afraid of EA banning me.

That's awesome... but like you, I'm too afraid to use it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Metalmurphy said:
wow, it's like I'm Psychic or something.

This happens to me every single time I try to first join a server. I'll "Close the Program" and go to join the server again and it works perfectly on the second attempt.

Does that not work for you Metal?

Deadly

desu said:
Fuck stupid server admins ...

Also getting called cheater for being rank 40+ is getting annoying :|.
You gotta admit you're abit crazy for being level 40 already =P

All the problems whining is getting annoying though. Yes game crashes on load that's actually the only serious thing I've encountered and they already said that they know about it and it's being researched. You just rejoin another time and bam it works. I've also had 0 problems with Battlelog.

Sure the game has problems but is it completely UNPLAYABLE and GAME-BREAKING? Fuck no.

commish said:
In this game, doesn't it treat the assault class's weapons differently than the engineer's weapons? I thought the assault class got assault rifles with longer range and more power while the engineers got carbines with shorter range/less power. Obviously, IRL no one is going to say an M4 is not an assault rifle, but in the game, I thought there was a distinction.
The SCAR is technically a Battle rifle, suing 7.62NATO, even though it's in ENG class.
THe SKS is in RECON class, but is an assault rifle, it takes 4-5 hits at range to kill, rather than 2-3 body shots for most other recon rifles.
It's more on a case by case basis, than EVERY gun in a class is the same

Deadly

slopeslider said:
The SCAR is technically a Battle rifle, suing 7.62NATO, even though it's in ENG class.
THe SKS is in RECON class, but is an assault rifle, it takes 4-5 hits at range to kill, rather than 2-3 body shots for most other recon rifles.
I think it's more like 3-4 shots for like SVD/MK11. Didn't expect the SKS to be even weaker than that.

Deadly said:
I think it's more like 3-4 shots for like SVD/MK11. Didn't expect the SKS to be even weaker than that.
Well it uses a weaker round, and the game keeps track of what round the gun uses.
In the Beta, SVD/MK11 were 2 body shots up close, 3 at range, while the SKS was at least an additional shot added.
Maybe they changed it, I dont have the full game yet.

Beaulieu

I play each lunch for one hour and the game crashes about 3-4 times each time.

hardware :

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3565 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Display Memory: 4065 MB

Oh and I downloaded the full 12Gig game in 8 minutes, so I doubt it has to do with my connection.

commish

slopeslider said:

Yeah, they are nerfing the SCAR, and really it should be an assault weapon and not an engineer's weapon. But in general, if you compare the weapons of both classes, I think what I said holds mostly true. AK74M vs. 74u, M16 v M4, etc. I think I need to start using a longer-range weapon.

slopeslider said:

The SCAR is unique as it was designed to be both a carbine, and an assault rifle, the size of the weapon is no different between the 7.62 and 5.56 models either. It probably would have made more sense play wise that they would have given the Engineers the 5.56 model while leaving the 7.62 models for the assault class.

cametall

I actually playd a game last night that had relatively few issues (PS3).

Squad mics were actually working for the first time ever. Now if DICE could only fix the Quick Match issue(s) and make it so squads join on the same team.

I spent 10 minutes waiting to switch teams to join a friend. During those 10 minutes I got to listen to a teenage mouth-breather talk about camping the jets and not understanding aircraft controls are reversed. Did I mention he was a mouth-breather?

Sounded like Butt-Head was on the other side waiting for Beavis to join him...

Deadly

slopeslider said:
Well it uses a weaker round, and the game keeps track of what round the gun uses.
In the Beta, SVD/MK11 were 2 body shots up close, 3 at range, while the SKS was at least an additional shot added.
Maybe they changed it, I dont have the full game yet.
The SVD/MK11 were nerfed so definitely not as strong, think the 3-4 is accurate. Didn't know about the different round in the SKS though, guess it's natural that it's weaker.

vazel

Banned
Hey now, my Audigy 2 ZS has never given me issues in the decade I've been using it on WinXP and Win7. And that's with having to use hacked drivers on Win7.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
commish said:
Yeah, they are nerfing the SCAR, and really it should be an assault weapon and not an engineer's weapon. But in general, if you compare the weapons of both classes, I think what I said holds mostly true. AK74M vs. 74u, M16 v M4, etc. I think I need to start using a longer-range weapon.

I love the engineer class but I really want a longer range weapon, what are my options? The next weapon I am about to unlock is the M4.

Label said:
I love the engineer class but I really want a longer range weapon, what are my options? The next weapon I am about to unlock is the M4.

Engineer class would be super-OP if they had a long range weapon. They don't have great long range for a reason.

StevieP

Banned
Menelaus said:
lol audigy...and people are wondering why their crazy dated setups are giving them grief.

The X-Fi is actually a really decent card (albeit with drivers that could use more frequent updating).

My HTPC that I use for most of my gaming nowadays just has HDMI going directly to the amp, but my other (desk-based) gaming machine and my brother's PC that I just built him both have Audigy X-Fi PCI-Express cards and both sound great.

Not that the drivers haven't caused audio issues in the past, but they seem to be relatively stable now and for an analog speaker connection they do sound a bit better than your standard Realteks.

As far as BF3 goes - there have been a couple small issues here and there - but this is definitely one of the smoothest launches for a multiplayer game like this I've ever seen. The only real issues I've been having is the game or AMD's drivers not doing CrossfireX properly.

zephervack said:
Open your BIOS and disable the realtek sound card then, you dont need it and its probably causing you troubles.

It's already disabled ofc, as well as the onboard GPU.

GeoNeo said:
Ah. Looks like you're not the only Audigy X-Fi having problems with BF3.

Try this:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1646540

Thanks, gonna go take a look.

RbBrdMan said:
This happens to me every single time I try to first join a server. I'll "Close the Program" and go to join the server again and it works perfectly on the second attempt.

Does that not work for you Metal?
It works eventually, usually on the second try, but not always.

commish

Label said:

I use the m4 now, and I love it, as I've posted numerous times. But after a certain distance, it's lacking. Like Anton said, that's by design, so I might mix in the assault class on certain maps.

MrOogieBoogie said:
face_palm

Face_palm why?

This is a great dedicated sound card and never had any problems with it.

Now it's my fault I don't want to use some shitty onboard sound card?

Arcipello said:
audigy sound cards are seriously dated hardware, there is a reason most PC games dont fully support them anymore.
It's an X-Fi... not an Audigy 1/2/wtv

I never ever had any problems with it until now, if that's even the problem.

Menelaus

Banned
There are plenty of better audio options for a Win 7 machine than an X-Fi.

Moot point for me, though, using surround headphones.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
commish said:
I use the m4 now, and I love it, as I've posted numerous times. But after a certain distance, it's lacking. Like Anton said, that's by design, so I might mix in the assault class on certain maps.

I am looking forward to getting the M4! I know it is by design but I was just wondering if there was an engineer weapon which had a slightly longer range. Are they all capped at the same range?

iam220

FuttBuck said:
As Metalmurphy pointed out according to the official forums, a ton of players are experiencing these issues, are all of theirs hardware related too? I don't mean to sound like a dick it's just frustrating when it's obvious the game is having serious issues and I constantly hear it must be my hardware when this is a brand new built PC with the newest GTX 570 drivers and all 30 of my steam games run perfectly fine.

Not sure what your issues are but more often than not, it's software. Specifically other software/services that you have running.(something that QA would never be able to properly test) Or your configuration. Which is way I always recommend you dedicate a system JUST to PC gaming and keep it as clean as possible if you're not all that tech savvy. Also, unless you know what you're doing don't just blindly follow tweak guides found on the net and stick to the official drivers.

Try this:
Disable Anti-Virus/ Firewall
Disable Windows Firewall
go to start -> run -> type "msconfig"
go to services tab -> click hide ms services -> click disable all
go to start up tab -> click disable all
apply and restart

see if that helps.

commish

Label said:
I am looking forward to getting the M4! I know it is by design but I was just wondering if there was an engineer weapon which had a slightly longer range. Are they all capped at the same range?

No idea. I bet the SCAR is a bit better, since it uses a more powerful bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom