• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotBot

XiaNaphryz said:
If you're trying to do a hard bank turn (pull the plane up while rotated 90 degrees towards a side), you want to slow down to reduce your turn radius and hope your pursuer speeds past.
Pursuer never speeds past if they're any good. As a pursuer, I know this. All slowing down and turning usually does is give them a big, slow, full-profile target to shoot. If chase cam is disabled, you can pull a hard turn and then pull another hard turn in the opposite direction when you're out of their FOV so they're not prepared to follow. My strategy is to afterburner at max speed hugging the ground into the out of bounds area, then do a 180 trying to time my reentry with about 3 seconds left. This causes your pursuer's screen to go into black and white bloom with a big suicide countdown timer in the center, which throws off their vision and often scares them off the pursuit because they don't know if I'm actually going to lead them to into suicide or not.

single player is pretty much as everyone said.

I always thought a battlefield Single player should be something like Halo's or Crysis with the wide open areas and mix of vehicles. I hope DICE try something more open next time.

Also fuck prone.

Give me Bad Company 3 if it means no more prone in multiplayer.

Positive vibes post: I love the fact that in over 20 hours of playing I have yet to be baseraped by a circle-strafing helicopter above my deployment (Arica Harbour conquest style).

Thank you based DICE.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
My eventual goal in my quest to become a decent pilot is to one day, somehow, shoot you down in mah choppa.

While i'm in mah jet?!

GOOD LUCK BRO!

And i will always play on your team now. :D
Also i freaking love the sound effect when you nose dive or go fast in a chopper.

sogood.gif

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
We need a GIF to add to the small but growing and awesome BF3 multiplayer GIFs!

9vC0W.gif

nLOhh.gif

I'm playing a rented game now on PS3 and will probably buy at a later date. Is my online pass tied to my PS3 and will I be able to use it to play a different copy?

Danny 117

Can anyone give me tips for when I'm in a jet and have another jet on my tail? I just can't seem to see/get the enemy jet in my sights at all. I do loops, sharp turns, everything. I use 3rd person when flying the jet and 1st person when I'm going to shoot. Help?

StevieP

Banned
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Does anyone else have really janky mouse input?

In single player on PC, they add some autoaim except on hard more (ugh). In multiplayer? The only time I've noticed any jankyness is when there is server lag.

StevieP said:
In single player on PC, they add some autoaim except on hard more (ugh). In multiplayer? The only time I've noticed any jankyness is when there is server lag.

We're talking ADS moving in stuttered increments here. It's really bad. Not had it with anything else.

Shadybiz

funkystudent said:
I always thought a battlefield Single player should be something like Halo's or Crysis...

Yes.....YES! Just what I was thinking the other day. If the Conquest levels are designed in such a wide-open way, why can't a good portion of the campaign be that way, too? Sure, it'll eat up more storage, but they could probably make it pretty awesome.

Disclaimer: I've only played about an hour or so of the campaign, so I am just assuming that it stays this "corridor" throughout.

mcrae

RotBot said:
Pursuer never speeds past if they're any good. As a pursuer, I know this. All slowing down and turning usually does is give them a big, slow, full-profile target to shoot. If chase cam is disabled, you can pull a hard turn and then pull another hard turn in the opposite direction when you're out of their FOV so they're not prepared to follow. My strategy is to afterburner at max speed hugging the ground into the out of bounds area, then do a 180 trying to time my reentry with about 3 seconds left. This causes your pursuer's screen to go into black and white bloom with a big suicide countdown timer in the center, which throws off their vision and often scares them off the pursuit because they don't know if I'm actually going to lead them to into suicide or not.

excellent, going to try this.. what is your flying pattern like when descending/approaching out of bounds? im assuming you dont just go in a straight line right

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jack Scofield said:
The sound design in this game is a fucking joke. Who gives a shit if the guns echo if I can't even hear enemy footsteps?
Are they running or moving slowly? I could've sworn I've heard enemy footsteps before, at least when running past.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
The_Monk said:
PS3 here. It's a little strange to try to aim the enemy and hit Select but I'm trying my best. I'm also trying to spot any vehicle.

In the end, I spot everything I can, I heal and Revive and then go for the kills. It really gives you a more "Team" spirit in the game and when your team wins you feel that you made part of that Victory.

This is what I normally do:

Left thumb controls movement and at the same time it reaches over the select button while doing so to spot. Mind you my fingers aren't long and my hands aren't big. But I've gotten so used to it that every time I shoot at someone I automatically spot them as well. Me and my friend are used to it by now.

Spotting is very essential, be it a fast moving jeep, a sniper you can't seem to kill, tanks, someone running away, etc.

Agree with the "team unity" vibe the game/franchise has going. It's just a pain sometimes when you don't have anyone to play with. Random people don't spot, give ammo, heal, etc. It's surprising when they do.

When I play Support or Medic, I always spam the ammo/meds even if no one is asking for them. More points for me and everyone gets replenished.

No idea why DICE didn't even include a mini tutorial or whatnot.

There are few things more infuriating that hammering the back button over a tank or plane, trying desperately the mark the fuckers, to no avail.

RotBot

mcrae said:
excellent, going to try this.. what is your flying pattern like when descending/approaching out of bounds? im assuming you dont just go in a straight line right
I usually follow the contour of the ground but mostly in a straight line. All turning does is let the pursuer get closer to you. Flying straight at max speed prevents them closing in and presents the minimal rear profile. Most pilot's aren't good enough shots to hit a straight flying target at distance, which is why they usually wait for you to turn and present your topside.

FStop7

Banned
Fourman said:
Played Caspian last night and it was doing it and then just now on Kharg Island.

It definitely gets worse when there are players with high latency on a server. I was playing on a server with 25ms ping to me. But there were some dudes from Europe on and their high latency connections were ruining the game for everyone else. It would be nice if servers could be configured to kick players or deny connections based on latency thresholds.

belvedere

Junior Butler
FStop7 said:
It definitely gets worse when there are players with high latency on a server. I was playing on a server with 25ms ping to me. But there were some dudes from Europe on and their high latency connections were ruining the game for everyone else. It would be nice if servers could be configured to kick players or deny connections based on latency thresholds.

This is why I'd love to see ping.

Samus4145

excaliburps said:
This is what I normally do:

Left thumb controls movement and at the same time it reaches over the select button while doing so to spot. Mind you my fingers aren't long and my hands aren't big. But I've gotten so used to it that every time I shoot at someone I automatically spot them as well. Me and my friend are used to it by now.

Yup, I've learned to control the left stick while moving the tip of my thumb ready on select at all times.

Keasar

Fuck, I dont know why I bother trying to play rush. Most of the maps are fucked up boring to play, all chokepoints and rockets flying everywhere. Playing on swedish servers doesnt help much either, 90% of the time, the teams are imbalanced like hell and everyone is a douche about it on the winning team, I hate my country when it comes to the internet. :/

cackhyena said:
Ah. Is there a list somewhere? I'm still kind of astounded that there isn't stats in game for these guns.

63,000 - MP412 REX Pistol
126,000 - KH2002 Assault Rifle
189,000 - MP7 PDW
252,000 - M39 EMR
315,000 - 93R Pistol
378,000 - SG553 Carbine
441,000 - G3A3

MrBig

Interficium said:
63,000 - MP412 REX Pistol
126,000 - KH2002 Assault Rifle
189,000 - MP7 PDW
252,000 - M39 EMR
315,000 - 93R Pistol
378,000 - SG553 Carbine
441,000 - G3A3
Are any of them any good? Unlocked the REX and it's garbage.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Samus4145 said:
Yup, I've learned to control the left stick while moving the tip of my thumb ready on select at all times.

Yep. Same here. Gotten so used to it that I sometimes do it even when playing other FPS'. :)

Me and my friend do it, so that even if we get killed, we still mark that fool for other teammates.

Keasar said:
Fuck, I dont know why I bother trying to play rush. Most of the maps are fucked up boring to play, all chokepoints and rockets flying everywhere. Playing on swedish servers doesnt help much either, 90% of the time, the teams are imbalanced like hell and everyone is a douche about it on the winning team, I hate my country when it comes to the internet. :/

Funnily enough, in BC2 I loved Rush way more than CQ for some reason. But in BF3 it's the opposite. I can't stand Rush and would rather play CQ. I only try Rush when there are four people I know willing to squad up. The points/EXP certainly is way lower compared to CQ.

Sidenote, anyone know how to better the stats of one's platoon? I know everyone should play better, but is there a way to make it so that not everything's "average?" :)

My win/lose ratio is nearing 4:1! Yay! And I managed to get a killstreak of 19 that I forgot.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/excaliburps/stats/233890030/ps3/

Yeah, those are my stats. I'm really digging the game so far. I only want the bugs squashed and more maps! Getting sick of Noshar and Damavand alternating. :(

Woorloog

Banned
Javelin is underpowered. Considering it can only target ground vehicles, has long lock-on, has only a couple of rockets (4-5 with EXPL) and how slow the rocket is (it is quite easy to dodge), it deals very little damage, barely more than SMAW/RPG7.
Alternatively the issue is that Javelin doesn't hit the tanks top properly, but rather glides and hits its side.
Now i know Engineer is OP ATM but that's due too strong main weapons, not its AT tools but those should work. Just reduce splash from RPG7/SMAW.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Woorloog said:
Javelin is underpowered. Considering it can only target ground vehicles, has long lock-on, has only a couple of rockets (4-5 with EXPL) and how slow the rocket is (it is quite easy to dodge), it deals very little damage, barely more than SMAW/RPG7.
Alternatively the issue is that Javelin doesn't hit the tanks top properly, but rather glides and hits its side.
Now i know Engineer is OP ATM but that's due too strong main weapons, not its AT tools but those should work. Just reduce splash from RPG7/SMAW.
I think you have to get a SOFLAM spotter to use it to its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom