• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxgt

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I am trying my hardest to play support but every time I drop an ammo box for someone they run away!
Same shit with med kits

I thought most people would notice they're on 20% health

Rorschach

mxgt said:
Same shit with med kits

I thought most people would notice they're on 20% health
It's funny because when I'm low on health or ammo, I can't get those motherfuckers to drop anything for me. *looks at map and sees he's surrounded by medics and support*

Zeppelin

OldJadedGamer said:
I am trying my hardest to play support but every time I drop an ammo box for someone they run away!

Be a little bit more strategic with the placements. Place them where you think your team mates will go and where you know there's a lot of action going on.

So... the Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match). How do you get it?

I assumed it was the spot assists you get for friendly soldiers killing enemies that had been revealed on the mini-map by a T-UGS you'd deployed. But after laying T-UGS's constantly near the escalators at B on Operation Métro last night as we had our opponents in an absolute meat grinder, I had +10 spot assists flashing up constantly for pretty much the entire match, and still no Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match). Maybe it's bugged on the PS3? Does anyone on PS3 have it?

Velion

endlessflood said:
So... the Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match). How do you get it?

I assumed it was the spot assists you get for friendly soldiers killing enemies that had been revealed on the mini-map by a T-UGS you'd deployed. But after laying T-UGS's constantly near the escalators at B on Operation Métro last night as we had our opponents in an absolute meat grinder, I had +10 spot assists flashing up constantly for pretty much the entire match, and still no Surveillance Efficiency Ribbon (5 motion sensor assists in a match). Maybe it's bugged on the PS3? Does anyone on PS3 have it?
Need the MAV for that.

OldJadedGamer said:

I always look for the action or choke points on maps where people gather, toss em into the pile of bodies and move on while I rake up points

TCRS

Banned
Need 20000 more points for the M60 and then I'm done with support. Still my favourite class, which is quite surprising since I'm usually an engineer guy (since Modern Combat when you only had a shotgun).

Starting to like Assault as well. Used the M16 for the first time today and managed 24/4 on Metro (conquest).

Zeppelin said:
Be a little bit more strategic with the placements. Place them where you think your team mates will go and where you know there's a lot of action going on.

I know what I am doing with it, I played countless hours as an Assualt class in BC2. Just seems like no one wants ammo!

1stStrike

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I know what I am doing with it, I played countless hours as an Assualt class in BC2. Just seems like no one wants ammo!

Please follow me around and throw out ammo so that I can forever destroy people with the javelin D:

Only 4 shots is never enough.

This game fails so fucking hard at grouping me and my buddies. We are almost all in agreement we will jump ship when Cod arrives due to the bug fucking ridden mess unless it improves soon.

barnone

Goddamn I'm getting disconnects/crashes every other match now. It was perfect last week... kind of bummed.

Glad to see they implemented queues for server joining.

The M.O.B

3 crashes and multiple random disconnects in maybe 30 minutes total of playtime......................Hard to enjoy a game when this crap keeps happening.

The_Inquisitor said:
This game fails so fucking hard at grouping me and my buddies. We are almost all in agreement we will jump ship when Cod arrives due to the bug fucking ridden mess unless it improves soon.

What makes you think COD won't be a bug ridden mess at launch? Were you there at the launch of MW2? A big MP game like this (and COD) don't really get get their grooves until the first big patch.

hanzo

Banned
The gaf server is great. Played for a couple hours. Does map loading become slow for people? Takes forever and pl already have kills when I get in.

Velion said:
Need the MAV for that.
Cheers... now why couldn't DICE just tell us that?

Another question: does anyone know if a driver having proximity scanner will let his passengers see the enemies it marks on the mini-map? In BFBC2 that wasn't the case (only the driver could see them), but a friend mentioned that they thought it had been changed in BF3.

Ryuuga

Banned
The M.O.B said:
3 crashes and multiple random disconnects in maybe 30 minutes total of playtime......................Hard to enjoy a game when this crap keeps happening.

Yeah, that's my experience every other night. There is next to no sense of stability when it comes to this game as is, but that's a given I guess.

Ryuuga said:
Yeah, that's my experience every other night. There is next to no sense of stability when it comes to this game as is, but that's a given I guess.

I think it may be certain providers. Multiplay has been fairly bad for us, but I've found several random servers that were very stable and lag-free. This is after being DC'ed from two, though
lol.gif

Just earned my "Carbine Me Crazy" dogtag!

dksUP.png

DTKT

For some reason, I feel like all the guns have the same sound.

I miss the .50 cal from BC2. :(

Overall, I think BF3 is a good game, nothing amazing. Better than BC2 but still can't match BF2. Oh well, that's it for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thought I'd ask here even though I posted in the 360 thread. I'm looking for a co-op partner on 360 to do the Bullseye achievement and the missions on hard. PM me here or message me on live via firehawk1234. I can help with some of the other ones as well, if people need them.

WoodWERD

The_Inquisitor said:

....lmao. Obviously COD launches have always been flawless?

Why is it that we can be capturing/holding a flag in conquest and it will automatically switch to enemy control? Is that due to enemy still spawning on it?

woober

DTKT said:
For some reason, I feel like all the guns have the same sound.

I miss the .50 cal from BC2. :(

Overall, I think BF3 is a good game, nothing amazing. Better than BC2 but still can't match BF2. Oh well, that's it for me.

I kind of get that feeling, too. I believe BF3 will be up there after they fix their bugs, iron out the squad system, and release bigger maps catering to 64 players. It's much better than BC2 though.

When should I move on from a gun? How much is enough? All unlocks for it? I will be playing this for years so I don't care about jumping from one to another as soon as I can.

OldJadedGamer said:
When should I move on from a gun? How much is enough? All unlocks for it? I will be playing this for years so I don't care about jumping from one to another as soon as I can.

Once you unlock it, just try it out til at least 20 kills. If you don't like it, then go back.

Mw182006 said:
Why is it that we can be capturing/holding a flag in conquest and it will automatically switch to enemy control? Is that due to enemy still spawning on it?

It's a bug. Should show the enemy capping it.

Anton Sugar said:
As in is it a thing that's actually feasible with the robot? Does it happen? Haven't touched Rush in BF3 yet, but when operating it people did tend to ignore, or not notice me, so I was thinking that's the one thing that would potentially justify its existence.

Still feels out of place in Conquest though. Which appears to be my boggle.
1stStrike said:
lol are you fucking serious? Really?

The EOD bot can disable enemy vehicles, repair your own, and it can even arm an M-COM - all while keeping you out of danger. Or, you can just use it to scout as it's tiny and easy to hide. There's so many uses for it.

Also - arming the MCOM is how you fucking win in rush. If you're not arming the MCOM, or trying to, while attacking then you're a waste of space on your team.
Greetings mellow citizen.

For repairs it's just needlessly difficult to keep up with the movements of the tank due to the awkward controls. Also if the tank's Oscar Mike you can't keep up, or if there's a pebble in the way. Also it can't jump in the turret. Or spot threats, or do anything about them. Feel like I'm significantly more efficient if I go with the repair tool instead.

You can sneak up on vehicles, although I got stuck on a curb and when I eventually started poking at the APC he just moved forward a couple of meters and then the robot got exploded. An area where there's at least potential though.

With its current functionality the only useful scouting that can be done really is that which is relatively close to you, and only for you. Would make sense if you could spot stuff or it had a motion detection type function. Or if it'd highlight explosives. Or something, anything.

I'm sure situations arise where it would make sense to waddle around with it, but those situations seem disproportional to the ones where it'd be appreciated if I could do all the things it can't, or does worse. If you feel like you're playing better with the bot than the tool I'd love to know how. How you're supposed to use it.

Can you disengage and reengage control of it? Didn't think of trying that.
mcrae said:
REMOTE TAKIGN OVER OBJECTIVES
K, now it makes more sense. Why doesn't it say this in the description?

AlmostMilk said:
Once you unlock it, just try it out til at least 20 kills. If you don't like it, then go back.

I'll get used to every gun. Like I said, I plan on playing this game until BF4 comes out so I'll want to use every gun in the game and get used to it. Just wondering when it was time to move to the next one.

1stStrike

Banned
VibratingDonkey said:
As in is it a thing that's actually feasible with the robot? Does it happen? Haven't touched Rush in BF3 yet, but when operating it people did tend to ignore, or not notice me, so I was thinking that's the one thing that would potentially justify its existence.

For repairs it's just needlessly difficult to keep up with the movements of the tank due to the awkward controls. Also if the tank's Oscar Mike you can't keep up, or if there's a pebble in the way. Also it can't jump in the turret. Or spot threats, or do anything about them. Feel like I'm significantly more efficient if I go with the repair tool instead.

You can sneak up on vehicles, although I got stuck on a curb and when I eventually started poking at the APC he just moved forward a couple of meters and then the robot got exploded. An area where there's at least potential though.

With its current functionality the only useful scouting that can be done really is that which is relatively close to you, and only for you. Would make sense if you could spot stuff or it had a motion detection type function. Or if it'd highlight explosives. Or something, anything.

I'm sure situations arise where it would make sense to waddle around with it, but those situations seem disproportional to the ones where it'd be appreciated if I could do all the things it can't, or does worse. If you feel like you're playing better with the bot than the tool I'd love to know how. How you're supposed to use it.

Can you disengage and reengage control of it? Didn't think of trying that.
K, now it makes more sense. Why doesn't it say this in the description?

You're not going to want to drive it around out in the open trying to chase down tanks and shit. It has the ability to damage/destroy them, yes, but you have to be in the right situation.

Also, if you press E you disengage from the bot. You can then re-engage it at any time, from anywhere. If you're in mumble actually communicating with people, you can use it to scout and tell them where targets are. You can also drive it any distance across the map, so you could stay in your spawn the entire time if you wanted to and drive to the other side of Caspian on rush and arm MCOMS or destroy tanks and shit.

It does have stability issues, but once you learn to adjust to what it can and can't do then you're set.

Oh, and it can road kill people as well if you go at max speed and drive over them.

Havent gotten to play the game yet but i was scrolling through the avatar clothes for the game and saw a dinosaur. What the hell does that have to do with the game?

VibratingDonkey said:

Yup! It's half your size and much harder to see and spot. I mean, if you hard head on, it'll be destroyed, but can serve as a distraction and is almost like an "extra life" for you. I've also had an EOB bot take out my tank.

1stStrike

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Yup! It's half your size and much harder to see and spot. I mean, if you hard head on, it'll be destroyed, but can serve as a distraction and is almost like an "extra life" for you. I've also had an EOB bot take out my tank.

I was just reminded of this in my previous game. Like every server I join, my team was retarded and nobody was helping anyone else out (I couldn't even get a gunner, let alone someone to repair my tank) and so I start taking damage. I get out as the tank hits 17% (I'd just finished combat with another tank and was already low) and find and EOD bot going at my tank.

So, I kill the bot - and as I do the guy piloting it shoots me in the back.

That's how you use it. It can actually drive under/inside the tank, so the driver can't even see it or hit it - and when they get out, they're sitting ducks.

1stStrike

Banned
The only thing I'm disappointed over so far with this game (this isn't a fault of the game - just my situation) is that I'm always stuck playing on my own with shitty team mates. I seriously just want to play with a good squad of people that coordinate, but none of my IRL friends play Battlefield =\

Spl1nter

1stStrike said:
The only thing I'm disappointed over so far with this game (this isn't a fault of the game - just my situation) is that I'm always stuck playing on my own with shitty team mates. I seriously just want to play with a good squad of people that coordinate, but none of my IRL friends play Battlefield =\

you could play with GAF. We have mumble and everything.

1stStrike

Banned
Spl1nter said:
you could play with GAF. We have mumble and everything.

I've mostly seen people begging others to join with the server being at 0 pop or like very few people (it was at 1 person when I looked earlier today) so I haven't bothered.

Also, it's 64 player conquest and I'm not into 64 players on these maps.

mcrae

1stStrike said:
I've mostly seen people begging others to join with the server being at 0 pop or like very few people (it was at 1 person when I looked earlier today) so I haven't bothered.

i dont have any requests in battlelog for a friend request - where do i see that?

i went in the gaf server mumble earlier and asked if you were around, after about a minute heard a snippet of music and no more, so i just started playing int he gaf server. with an average of 8-10 of teh 32 player cap (for tonight) in mumble, it was good times.

Hellcrow

1stStrike said:

Add GAFers as friends. Start a party with some of them, and join a server of your liking. Make sure some of them have mics as well, though as long as one has, teamwork will happen.

1stStrike

Banned
mcrae said:
i dont have any requests in battlelog for a friend request - where do i see that?

i went in the gaf server mumble earlier and asked if you were around, after about a minute heard a snippet of music and no more, so i just started playing int he gaf server. with an average of 8-10 of teh 32 player cap (for tonight) in mumble, it was good times.

It should be in Battlelog. I went back to your profile screen and it's showing "Request sent" - So it's just waiting for you to accept it.

I was on mumble for a while, but closed it out. I do usually listen to music when I'm playing solo.

Hellcrow said:
Add GAFers as friends. Start a party with some of them, and join a server of your liking. Make sure some of them have mics as well, though as long as one has, teamwork will happen.

I have a few, but spamming friend invites doesn't guarantee anything :p

I usually only add people I know or have played with.

Begin Rant

Dear, Common Folks.

Fuck you. I throw down ammo boxes and you run away. I throw down health packs and you run away. I revive you but you never return the favor. I repair your vehicles but when mine is in need of repair, you run away. I arm the MCOM's but you can't defend them. I defend the MCOMS, but you fucks like to suck at sniping and suck even harder trying to spawn camp the offense. When I'm squad leader I give you orders and we earn lots of extra points. When you're squad leader you don't have a mic, you usually suck, and NEVER give orders and so the whole squad loses out on many points.

You shitbags think it's funny to hop in the jet and crash it 11 seconds later. You stupid assmongers think it's funny to wait for the transport helicopter to fill up, fly it half way to an objective and then bail out so that all the idiots who don't know how to parachute cost our team respawn tickets. You fuckers who spawn and taxi the tank to the enemy base only to have them steal it or blow it up, are friggen terrible. Teammates with flashlights and laser pointers, keep the shit out of my face. And snipers, when you suck so bad that I hear you poppin' off a whole goddamn clip to kill one guy, how bout' you change fucking classes, OR START FUCKING SPOTTING.

/RANT

I cannot wait, for MW3 to drag a large portion of the "stupid" crowd away from BF3's otherwise amazing MP.

*Disclaimer*: No offense to GAFer's though I'm bound to upset a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom