• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

Woorloog said:
Javelin is underpowered. Considering it can only target ground vehicles, has long lock-on, has only a couple of rockets (4-5 with EXPL) and how slow the rocket is (it is quite easy to dodge), it deals very little damage, barely more than SMAW/RPG7.
Alternatively the issue is that Javelin doesn't hit the tanks top properly, but rather glides and hits its side.
Now i know Engineer is OP ATM but that's due too strong main weapons, not its AT tools but those should work. Just reduce splash from RPG7/SMAW.
Aim up, do not shoot javelins whilst aiming at the vehicle you just locked onto. I've been managing to kill tanks faster with the javelin than I do with the RPG/SMAW and it provides a different style of game play whilst doing so.

If you team up with a SOFLAM recon player it is amazing as you can lock onto anything through objects, ground or air, that has been lased.

Woorloog said:
Javelin is underpowered. Considering it can only target ground vehicles, has long lock-on, has only a couple of rockets (4-5 with EXPL) and how slow the rocket is (it is quite easy to dodge), it deals very little damage, barely more than SMAW/RPG7.
Alternatively the issue is that Javelin doesn't hit the tanks top properly, but rather glides and hits its side.
Now i know Engineer is OP ATM but that's due too strong main weapons, not its AT tools but those should work. Just reduce splash from RPG7/SMAW.

Fire it at the sky, it doesn't automatically go up like in MW.

Also it can target air vehicles if someone laser designates it

damn the audio is glitchy on ps3.

near unplayable with some explosions/gunfire making sound and others not.

Must have died a number of times running around think it was safe but turns out there was a tank right over there but it wasn't making any engine or firing sounds so I didnt notice it until it shot me.

Sound problems are even more disappointing when you think how awesome BC2's sound was.

Still launching busted is battlefield 101 and it should be ok eventually. DICE better get to the patching.

MrOogieBoogie said:
9vC0W.gif

Anyone have the source video for this one? Looks epic.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
funkystudent said:
damn the audio is glitchy on ps3.

near unplayable with some explosions/gunfire making sound and others not.

Must have died a number of times running around think it was safe but turns out there was a tank right over there but it wasn't making any engine or firing sounds so I didnt notice it until it shot me.

Still launching busted in battlefield 101. DICE better get to the patching.

Yeah, experiencing that too. I really hope the patch is implemented soon.

Also, I NEED new maps! I know there's B2K DLC incoming, but I want more. I honestly can't get enough of the game. I might forego MW3 and just play BF3 and hope DICE releases new expansions, maps, etc.

If it's the same as BC2, then I won't even have to worry about players. BC2 had tons of players online even after a year!

Hope they add in Tier 1 skins or beards at least. Yeah...I want beards.

1stStrike

Banned
Okay PC-GAF, I'm off the next 3 days and ready to dish out some tank ownage.

WTB good gunner that will actually repair me and get on mumble
3AQmK.gif

G_Berry

Banned
MrOogieBoogie said:
We need a GIF to add to the small but growing and awesome BF3 multiplayer GIFs!

9vC0W.gif

nLOhh.gif

We need a whole thread dedicated to BF moments!

Can't find enough awesome videos or gifs online at the moment. Would be good to have a central place.

leng jai

I played the PS3 version at my cousin's place yesterday and the aiming is god awful. What the hell happened? Got over 100 hours on BC2 without an issue on PS3.

mingus

MrBig said:
Are any of them any good? Unlocked the REX and it's garbage.
REX is ok as far as revolvers go, it has a faster rate of fire than the magnum back in beta. MP7 is decent but the fire rate + small clip size was a dealbreaker for me.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread so apologies if this has already been asked: C4, mines and claymores, which of these persist after death and what's the maximum amount that can be deployed at a single time?

RS4-

My longest headshot so far is 268 and that's with 4x. My buddy is at 751m lol. #1 so far is at 1938 which probably doesn't mean much as I'll assume that's on a friendly server where he was testing it out with a friend.

Rainy Dog

Jack Scofield said:
The sound design in this game is a fucking joke. Who gives a shit if the guns echo if I can't even hear enemy footsteps?

I think the general audio is immense, possibly the best ever in a shooter. But you're spot on about footsteps as someone can run up behind you and knife you without making a whisper.

Drewsky

This just isn't clicking with me like BC2 did. I have it on PS3, and I just can't get used to the controls. The beta felt good to me, but then they changed something, and it feels all wrong. Also I hate how everything in this game is either ultra bright or super dark. I can't seem to find a brightness setting that makes it comfortable for me to play.

I don't know. Hopefully I'll get used to it, but right now I'm disappointed in this game.

Nizz

leng jai said:
I played the PS3 version at my cousin's place yesterday and the aiming is god awful. What the hell happened? Got over 100 hours on BC2 without an issue on PS3.
Welcome to the party. :(

Drewsky said:
This just isn't clicking with me like BC2 did. I have it on PS3, and I just can't get used to the controls. The beta felt good to me, but then they changed something, and it feels all wrong. Also I hate how everything in this game is either ultra bright or super dark. I can't seem to find a brightness setting that makes it comfortable for me to play.

I don't know. Hopefully I'll get used to it, but right now I'm disappointed in this game.

There is a known issue with the PS3 controls for some players--significant input lag for some. They are working on a patch. Temporary solution is to play at a lower resolution.

def sim

okay, this game just clicked for me. i ran with the same randoms in a squad for 2 hours and we wrecked shit without even communicating. all sticking together and clearing out areas in conquest like we knew eachother

damn good game

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
G_Berry said:
We need a whole thread dedicated to BF moments!

Can't find enough awesome videos or gifs online at the moment. Would be good to have a central place.

Honestly, I am in complete support of such a thread. It's worth it for BF3.

Just wondering what the rest of the community thinks.

1stStrike

Banned
rance said:
okay, this game just clicked for me. i ran with the same randoms in a squad for 2 hours and we wrecked shit without even communicating. all sticking together and clearing out areas in conquest like we knew eachother

damn good game

That happens like once a night for me. The rest of the time, I join a server and it's nothing but douchebags that don't work together.

Heysoos

Finally tried some PC multiplayer after buying both the 360 and PC versions on launch. Have spent virtually all my time playing on 360 with 3 of my friends. Playing with my friends and laughing hysterically when something amazingly stupid or amazingly awesome happens is enough for me to like the 360 better, but damn the PC version is just so pretty. I just get frustrated that my skill is no where near the same on both versions. That and the overall gameplay feels at completely different speeds at times. On the bright side, just had my first game where I came in second overall. Feels good man. :D

Heysoos said:
Finally tried some PC multiplayer after buying both the 360 and PC versions on launch. Have spent virtually all my time playing on 360 with 3 of my friends. Playing with my friends and laughing hysterically when something amazingly stupid or amazingly awesome happens is enough for me to like the 360 better, but damn the PC version is just so pretty. I just get frustrated that my skill is no where near the same on both versions. That and the overall gameplay feels at completely different speeds at times. On the bright side, just had my first game where I came in second overall. Feels good man. :D

PC players can laugh with friends too brah.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Heysoos said:

Care to elaborate?

mingus

Gordon0Freeman said:
Why is it when I'm using the m16 for the assault class one game, come the next game it's not there anymore! Wtf?
M16A3 and AK74M are US and Russian exclusive, respectively, until you "unlock" them after maxing out the assault class.

Heysoos

MrOogieBoogie said:
Care to elaborate?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. It feels at completely different speeds for me, probably because of my skill level discrepancy between both versions. I can't aim as fast or react fast enough so I have to slow down my game a lot in order to still be competitive.

KingOfKong said:
PC players can laugh with friends too brah.

I meant I can do it while playing with my really good friends that I know personally. I'm not saying the 360 is superior to the PC, just that I prefer it because all my good friends are there.

AndyD said:
Yep, its to prevent kamikazeing for points.

No, it's a bug. You get the points if you die a few seconds earlier or later. There is just a small time window where you don't get anything. Also, it would not make a lot of sense to punish players for sacrificing themselves for the team.

Reckoner

I've been playing the game for two days online and now, with Conquest, I'm starting to really enjoy it. There's too much action in Rush for me.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Reckoner said:
I've been playing the game for two days online and now, with Conquest, I'm starting to really enjoy it. There's too much action in Rush for me.

I feel exactly the opposite after playing on some 32 player Rush servers last night. The maps are so clearly not designed for Rush. They're too big and open and there is so much downtime. Very disappointing after the great Rush maps in BC2.

I wish DICE omitted the mode completely and focused solely on Conquest with some S/TDM on the side.

Seanspeed

Banned
Reckoner said:
I've finally got into Conquest, and its by far the more enjoyable mode. So many different playstyles you can go with. My roommate attacks flags like a madman, but I like to sit back and defend spots and we both do equally well.

grkazan12

Just want to say I love the GAF server, had some really fun and awesome matches for the past couple of days.

Just a quick question, is there a weapons guide that shows info (damage,reload time,accuracy,etc..) for each weapon? DICE just doesn't give that much information IMO.

Anyone else's Customize bar always have an orange tab even when you've checked everything? Mine keeps saying I have a new land vehicle unlock, when I don't.

I was wondering about the use and purpose of WALL-E as soon as footage of it was out. After having tried it I'm still wondering. It's slow, hard to control, can barely ascend over the tiniest obstacles, can't spot targets and it can't defend itself. The only thing it can do is act as a repair tool. Which is...why wouldn't I just use a repair tool?

Is there something I'm missing? Is the MCOM arming useful in Rush?

MGHA

VibratingDonkey said:
I was wondering about the use and purpose of WALL-E as soon as footage of it was out. After having tried it I'm still wondering. It's slow, hard to control, can barely ascend over the tiniest obstacles, can't spot targets and it can't defend itself. The only thing it can do is act as a repair tool. Which is...why wouldn't I just use a repair tool?

yeah, and they removed the ability to place c4 on it. it's useless.

VibratingDonkey said:

Yes?

1stStrike

Banned
VibratingDonkey said:

lol are you fucking serious? Really?

The EOD bot can disable enemy vehicles, repair your own, and it can even arm an M-COM - all while keeping you out of danger. Or, you can just use it to scout as it's tiny and easy to hide. There's so many uses for it.

Also - arming the MCOM is how you fucking win in rush. If you're not arming the MCOM, or trying to, while attacking then you're a waste of space on your team.

mcrae

VibratingDonkey said:

REMOTE ARMING MCOM AND REMOTE TAKIGN OVER OBJECTIVES, AND ITS FUNNY TO KILL TANKS WITH IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom