• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg

Guys,

My psn-id is Bosnian. So i try to login on Battlelog, when I enter my e-mail and password the following message appears: BosniaN already taken.
I dont understand this, how do I need to fix this?

red731

Cyborg said:
Guys,

My psn-id is Bosnian. So i try to login on Battlelog, when I enter my e-mail and password the following message appears: BosniaN already taken.
I dont understand this, how do I need to fix this?

Wait until the maintenance is over and try again.

edit: message under Cyborg

If that is so, go on battlelog and try and find forget password. They will send email with new or instructions to reset.
If that won't help I would contact their customer servicer via email or chat/never did that/ and ask them for help.
Maybe you was not purged when beta ended and now the nicks are colliding together.

RotBot said:
Thermal Optics is like a cheat on the tank. I just finished a round with 51 tank kills and 2 deaths (and 1 EOD bot kill). I can see every enemy head popping out from half a mile away.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1924955/1/173527876/

It really is.....

Obviously not many have found out. Every game i join on that harbor map nobody seems to care for the Tunguska. YET.

This thing with thermal optics is a fucking monster, 10:0 kills at least guaranteed.

Anyhow I really suck at this game, so far. I've been playing TDM and my kills are always 4-6 and death 8-12 just about all the time. Fav maps are Seine and the jungly one. Least is Tehran Highway.

jns

So ive noticed servers now have 'waiting' slots, this is a great thing :) Pity I can't join because of maintenance .....

outsida

BunnyLifeguard said:
It really is.....

Obviously not many have found out. Every game i join on that harbor map nobody seems to care for the Tunguska. YET.

This thing with thermal optics is a fucking monster, 10:0 kills at least guaranteed.
I run for the AA tank on any map that its on. I've already gotten all of the unlocks for it. Shooting down choppers and jets is an addiction of mine now.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
jns said:
So ive noticed servers now have 'waiting' slots, this is a great thing :) Pity I can't join because of maintenance .....

I noticed that since last night. Also, squads seem to be working more now. Yay! I know it should have worked from the start, but this is DICE after all.

I expect the game to be in optimal state in about a patch or two's time...Hopefully, more players and more maps will coincide with it.

Scratch that, make that more competent players. :)

KAOz

Short bus special
ErasureAcer said:
Anyhow I really suck at this game, so far. I've been playing TDM and my kills are always 4-6 and death 8-12 just about all the time. Fav maps are Seine and the jungly one. Least is Tehran Highway.

Don't play TDM, that shit is tedious man. Go for Rush or Conquest, and earn shitloads of points.
Kills barely do anything towards gaining ranks. It's all about completing objectives and working as a proper team.

I can promise you, don't worry about the KDR. It will be so much better, and YOU will feel like you're not sucking with all the points you amass.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
i just want the constant server Disconnections fixed.

I paid well earned cash money for the game so i will continue playing regardless

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
KAOz said:
Don't play TDM, that shit is tedious man. Go for Rush or Conquest, and earn shitloads of points.
Kills barely do anything towards gaining ranks. It's all about completing objectives and working as a proper team.

I can promise you, don't worry about the KDR. It will be so much better, and YOU will feel like you're not sucking with all the points you amass.

Agreed. This is where BF shines. You don't have to be a good killing machine to enjoy playing the game. Be a support or medic and do your part while attacking objectives. I guarantee you'll be in the top 1-3 in the scoreboard even if you only kill 2-3 people. Happened to me a couple of times already. :)

TDM is still nowhere as good as Rush or CQ. CoD is the TDM best in class in my opinion. But for multiplayer goodness? I have yet to play an FPS that's better than BF...for chaos and versatility.

Cyborg said:
Ill stop playing the game if the dont fix two things:

1. lag in the controles
2. squad system

They've been confirmed to be incoming in the latest patch. :)

Yeah, VOIP, squad need a patch soon. Especially since CoD is coming around.

What are the chances that DICE/EA releases a free map pack for when MW3 drops?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I doubt this, but is there any way to resize the HUD in the PC version? I'm playing the campaign on my TV and at 1920x1080 the HUD is extremely small but I don't want to play at a lower res.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
excaliburps said:
Yeah, me too. I can take going negative (K/D) in a round but I CANNOT stand losing. Especially when I do my best to resupply, take out tanks, heal, spot, etc. It's like I'm Rambo and other teammates feel like they're in a pillow fight or something.

This is me exactly, its funny cuz i used to be a die hard MW kill hoarder i played Domination and HQ exclusively cuz i knew kills would be plentiful. Winning was just an added bonus.

But in battlefield i feel like shit when we lose, i fight my hardest to win, ive got a 1.0 K.D and i couldnt care less, cuz my W/L ratio is close to 2.0.

On pretty much every Rush match i have to tell people the game is called "RUSH" for a reason, too many times ill have a team of bad snipers hanging back when we should be rushing the MCOMs....i dont understand how they expect to win doing this.

When defending i can bare the bad snipers, attacking no...its too much for me.

AngelSoldier said:
Begin Rant
/RANT

I cannot wait, for MW3 to drag a large portion of the "stupid" crowd away from BF3's otherwise amazing MP.

*Disclaimer*: No offense to GAFer's though I'm bound to upset a few.

If MW3 will clear out some of the objective ignore'ers it cant come quickly enough...the few times i get a team/squad of people who play the objective this game is peerless.

Cyborg

excaliburps said:
Agreed. This is where BF shines. You don't have to be a good killing machine to enjoy playing the game. Be a support or medic and do your part while attacking objectives. I guarantee you'll be in the top 1-3 in the scoreboard even if you only kill 2-3 people. Happened to me a couple of times already. :)

TDM is still nowhere as good as Rush or CQ. CoD is the TDM best in class in my opinion. But for multiplayer goodness? I have yet to play an FPS that's better than BF...for chaos and versatility.

They've been confirmed to be incoming in the latest patch. :)

Yeah, VOIP, squad need a patch soon. Especially since CoD is coming around.

What are the chances that DICE/EA releases a free map pack for when MW3 drops?

I hope it comes soon......Controles are killing me......

Arcipello

i cant wait for the servers to be fixed.... even on low ping servers i get frequent rubber banding...ever tried flying a jet with that? its like the worst turbulence EVER!

1stStrike said:
lol are you fucking serious? Really?

The EOD bot can disable enemy vehicles, repair your own, and it can even arm an M-COM - all while keeping you out of danger. Or, you can just use it to scout as it's tiny and easy to hide. There's so many uses for it.

Also - arming the MCOM is how you fucking win in rush. If you're not arming the MCOM, or trying to, while attacking then you're a waste of space on your team.
How do you use it to repair/destroy vehicles? I've used it to arm M-COMs and got the M-COM attacker ribbon multiple times, I just can't get it to whip out that repair arm, and I've tried all the buttons on DS3. Do you have to unlock it or something?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Black_Stride said:
This is me exactly, its funny cuz i used to be a die hard MW kill hoarder i played Domination and HQ exclusively cuz i knew kills would be plentiful. Winning was just an added bonus.

But in battlefield i feel like shit when we lose, i fight my hardest to win, ive got a 1.0 K.D and i couldnt care less, cuz my W/L ratio is close to 2.0.

On pretty much every Rush match i have to tell people the game is called "RUSH" for a reason, too many times ill have a team of bad snipers hanging back when we should be rushing the MCOMs....i dont understand how they expect to win doing this.

When defending i can bare the bad snipers, attacking no...its too much for me.

If MW3 will clear out some of the objective ignore'ers it cant come quickly enough...the few times i get a team/squad of people who play the objective this game is peerless.

I know what you mean. I used to be a die-hard CoD fanboy. K/D and killstreaks were all that matters. We teamed up in CoD games, not for tactical comm but just for the kills.

Regarding Rush, those Recons don't give a damn if they win or lose. They just want to get kills so they can put them in montages. Ugh. Same reason why I rarely play Rush with randoms. Too many asshats.

My K/D is a measly 1.67 but my W/L is nearing 4! So happy when we win, but the game makes me nerd-rage like no other when teammates act like asshats and don't give a shit.

When you do have a proper squad, the game is unmatched.

Kentpaul

I remember playing halo reach and the cod crowed left the game for Black ops, Shit made the game more hardcore, it just just pure halo players left.. It was a bliss.

Same will happen here, hopefully a shitload of players stop playing so i can get room in the low ping servers ;)

Kentpaul

How easy is it to set the 360 pad up for the jet/choppers, and disable all in the non vehicle combat controls for it, my 360 pad always moves to the left (been like that for half a decade), so i can't just plug it in and play with the mouse without my aiming being off.

KAOz

Short bus special
&Divius said:
Why won't people spot ;_;

Spot first, shoot later is my motto.

Because alot of them don't know how to spot, or what it is.

They are probably dumbfounded over why some guys have orange squares over their heads, and then complain that they can never see the enemy so they can rack up kills.

I'm serious.

def sim

&Divius said:

Towards the end of my time in BC2, it was pretty much spot city. I figured people have learned from there but everyone must have forgotten it somehow.

-__-

&Divius said:

Because spotting is nerfed. People do spot, its just that when you spot someone you have to keep him in your line of sight for other team members to see it. If you lose sight only you can see that yellow triangle bobbing around, and that too for few seconds and then its gone.

Managed to find a working match. It was amazing. Everything was finally clicking. I had the leading score on my team and unlocked a bunch of cool shit. Disconnected from server. :|

But I want moar. Thought I'd play the campaign (it's better than nothing... just) while I wait for the servers to be working. 30 seconds in I decide to touch the volume wheel on my laptop. Triggers a glitch that sends the camera spinning endlessly. Restart from last checkpoint. Still spinning.

I guess I won't be playing tonight. ;_;

Do you guys know what I would have to tinker with to make aiming smoother? It just feels a little bit wobbly. It's not raw mouse input or sensitivity.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Decarb said:
Because spotting is nerfed. People do spot, its just that when you spot someone you have to keep him in your line of sight for other team members to see it. If you lose sight only you can see that yellow triangle bobbing around, and that too for few seconds and then its gone.

Yep, much better now. The other shit was like a wallhack.

Divius

Well, I'm always telling my team to spot and hit the Q button on everyone they see. I know that spotting is nerfed (for the better!), but still. I'm finally getting the hang of flying in a chopper now, but when no one spots it's pretty difficult to see anything from up high.

AngelSoldier said:
/RANT
I cannot wait, for MW3 to drag a large portion of the "stupid" crowd away from BF3's otherwise amazing MP.
*Disclaimer*: No offense to GAFer's though I'm bound to upset a few.
Amen.

&Divius said:

People spot a lot on PC I feel, or maybe that's just the GAF Euro server. Play on that server and you'll see screen light up like a christmas tree.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The checkpoints in the SP are sooooooooooo bad...on the bright side, high/ultra settings on the tank mission are pretty goddamn incredible. Just wish I wasn't so bored.

RibbedHero said:
So, some guy and his clanmates on Reddit took the time to measure the damage values of each gun at 8 different distances. This should hopefully tide us stats guys over until DenKirson can get the in-game values extracted.

WEAPON DAMAGES
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1E0bjBueWVSQjc0V0E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=8

edit:

SCAR looks overpowered, hence the rumoured upcoming nerf. Dissapointing that almost all ARs look the same damage wise.

The G3A3 looks head and shoulders above the rest. But you have to play co-op to unlock it. Fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom