• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
lionelhutz said:
- Is there a way to see how each gun is progressing? In BFBC2 I was able to check in game the status on each weapon and know how many kills I have with each weapon. Unlocks also seem to be slower.

Register on Battlelog. Makes it extremely easy to track progress.

spk

Anyone else's favorites list showing way more servers than it should? There are servers I've never played on and haven't even favorited.

edit- fixed this by disabling the chrome battelog mod

spk said:
Anyone else's favorites list showing way more servers than it should? There are servers I've never played on and haven't even favorited.

Nope, only showing my actual fav's, sorry.

Has anyone seen any cool scripts for Battlelog yet? I wonder if anyone's played with what you can do yet. I know about the auto-join.

Dabanton said:
Seriously. It's mute land out there. After a few matches i found some people who had mics and we split into two squads and ran riot, as we could actually communicate. Do not know why people are not using their mics on the 360.
Well, on PS3 the mics still don't work. My squad tries, and we just end up turning them off because you can only hear every third or fourth word.

ruxtpin

Banned
Ok. Okay! So I'll give the M4A1 some time. =)

Maybe I just haven't been thrown into enough matches on the allied side, so I don't spend much time with the gun as a result.

Dabanton

JB1981 said:

Can't be parties in every server?

doctordoak said:
Well, on PS3 the mics still don't work. My squad tries, and we just end up turning them off because you can only hear every third or fourth word.

It was the kind of the same in BC2 and DICE never really fixed it properly. Very sloppy work when rival games make voice chat so easy, you do wonder what DICE are up to.

As when it works it's fabulous.

ruxtpin said:
Ok. Okay! So I'll give the M4A1 some time. =)

Maybe I just haven't been thrown into enough matches on the allied side, so I don't spend much time with the gun as a result.

It's also super low recoil. Give it a shot
grin.gif

I was playing the game on PS3 last night and the aiming felt more responsive and less input laggy than previous days. Of course, this could just be because I was playing Uncharted 3 right before switching over.

Any thoughts?

doctordoak said:
I was having some issues the first few days but yesterday I played with a friend and it was crystal clear during the entire play session, which was a good 2 hours or so.

Effect

Enco said:
Ok thanks.

So I press it when I aim at someone and keep them in sight?
Pretty much. Not sure how long they stay highlighted though. Once they take cover from you you're suppose to lose the spot.

The_Darkest_Red said:
I was playing the game on PS3 last night and the aiming felt more responsive and less input laggy than previous days. Of course, this could just be because I was playing Uncharted 3 right before switching over.

Any thoughts?

I was having some issues the first few days but yesterday I played with a friend and it was crystal clear during the entire play session, which was a good 2 hours or so.
Hmmm, that's good news. Hopefully they're working on it. If they fix that the only complaint I'll still have will be the ridiculous HDR/bloom bright lighting on most stages.

red731

lionelhutz said:
That turns it off, but I don't want it on at all. If I spawn near someone the last thing I want is a laser giving away two positions.

I think it doesn't remember the last switch you had it on.

Hopefuly - patch..

Or change weapon accessory.

Megasoum

Banned
Unlocked the INVR scope...man that thing is WAY too overpowered. It's like playing the whole game with Batman's Detective vision from Arkham Asylum turned on lol. I'm sure they'll nerf it eventually (once most of people unlocks it) but hey I'm not gonna complain until then lol.

red731

Megasoum said:
Unlocked the INVR scope...man that thing is WAY too overpowered. It's like playing the whole game with Batman's Detective vision from Arkham Asylum turned on lol. I'm sure they'll nerf it eventually (once most of people unlocks it) but hey I'm not gonna complain until then lol.

I love my INVR and I don't think it is OP as long as it is the same as in real life.
OP is sending 12/32 engineers into the war :D:D:D or recons.

DICE said:
"There's a lot of destruction in BF3, but the Karkand map pack, when you play it, it's a different level, even more so than in BF3, of destruction in there," he told us. "So I think people are really going to like that, and see it as something fresh. When you play Karkand, it's just crazy the amount of destruction that goes on in there

B2K to have more destruction confirmed.

DrBo42

Diprosalic said:
stupid question: how the hell can i play BF3 MP alone? i want to test some things out and try to fly a jet or something.

on PC.
Most if not all servers do not start a round without a minimum number of players. It's usually 8 or something close to that.

Rainy Dog

Dabanton said:
Character models certainly looked better in BC2. But for the actual game BF3 looks more than fine,it certainly has a much better atmosphere for one.

The Russian medic on BC2 was horrible, I hated looking at that whenever I was killed by one! The ghillie suit looked a bit naff compared to the MW games too, I thought. Assaults and Engineers looked decent though.

To the average gamer BC2 might look better to them on consoles because, despite the lack of any AA, it looks cleaner than BF3. There's considerably less detail and asset variety, but also less aggressive streaming which lends it a simple, clean and consistently easy on the eye appearance, I feel.

I personally think BF3 looks miles better overall, however. Technically, there's no comparison.

Game arrived yesterday evening and tried to join a MP game (PS3-EU) but couldn't get into a single game. Am I missing something or are there really just not enough servers or something?

DrBo42 said:
Most if not all servers do not start a round without a minimum number of players. It's usually 8 or something close to that.

and there is no way i can open a local server for LAN play or something?

Rainy Dog

lionelhutz said:
- No one drops ammo or health. When I play those classes I'm constantly dropping ammo and health near people I see. If I'm an engineer I want a crate next to me so I can refill stinger missiles or RPG's to take out vehicles. This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

I feel Dice shouldn't have had team, support based gear clash with offensive attachments more catered to individual gain for the player.

I'm noticing less and less health and ammo packs already as folk are opting for grenade launchers over heath packs and C4/Mortars/Claymores (not sure which it is that shares the same slot) instead of ammo boxes.

It's the same with the Engineer class. I'd prefer they were given a choice of RPG's or AT mines, not be allowed both but have to sacrifice the repair tool for the latter.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Diprosalic said:
and there is no way i can open a local server for LAN play or something?

No. What you can do is play on a practice server. If you search on practice in the server list you can find them.

Rainy Dog said:
I feel Dice shouldn't have had team, support based gear clash with offensive attachments more catered to individual gain for the player.

I'm noticing less and less health and ammo packs already as folk are opting for grenade launchers over heath packs and C4/Mortars/Claymores (not sure which it is that shares the same slot) instead of ammo boxes.

There is nothing else that goes in the ammo pack slot. If you're noticing less ammo getting dropped it is because they're dropping less ammo.

C4/claymore/mortar go in a different gadget spot.

Health packs get swapped out for m320 launcher. Health regenerates, what do you need a health pack for? You're either dead and need a revive, or you're alive and able to regenerate. If you need a healthpack that often you should play assault yourself.

Megasoum said:

Most overpowered thing in the game. I abuse the he'll out of it for now. Anytime I get killed when I am hidden in cover or barely peaking around a corner it never fails that the killer had INVR attached

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Dabanton said:
Seriously. It's mute land out there. After a few matches i found some people who had mics and we split into two squads and ran riot, as we could actually communicate. Do not know why people are not using their mics on the 360.

It is a by product of the idiots out there. I have a headset I play with but rarely speak into the mic or even have the chat volume turned up because of past experience. Idiots have really ruined in-game chat with randoms. Now if I am playing with my friends then yes we are communicating and worked well together. The only benefit to squads with randoms is the ability to pick who to spawn on.

Last night I played a couple of hours of Conquest and had a GREAT time. Won about 80% of the matches, with most of them going down to the last seconds. Back and forth, with people actually going after objectives. Towards the end of the night a huge influx of campers came in playing the mode like it was team deathmatch came in and I bailed. I mean, people camping in one spot the entire game not moving an inch to go after objectives. I hate that crap.

Rainy Dog

Woo-Fu said:
There is nothing else that goes in the ammo pack slot. If you're noticing less ammo getting dropped it is because they're dropping less ammo.

C4/claymore/mortar go in a different gadget spot.

Health packs get swapped out for m320 launcher. Health regenerates, what do you need a health pack for? You're either dead and need a revive, or you're alive and able to regenerate. If you need a healthpack that often you should play assault yourself.

Ah, didn't realise that nothing else went into the ammo slot. Should do my homework first. Must just be that I'm noticing less ammo being dropped in general.

True that health regenerates quickly enough, but I think that's another issue worth mentioning. It regenerates too quickly in my opinion, almost negates the need for health packs at all.

Megasoum said:
Yeah I thought it would be only useful in darker/indoor maps like metro or peak tunnel, but that shit works in every condition, even in bright sunlight. You can even spot AT mines and claymores. Its just like you activated a cheat or something.

Arnie

I personally feel the destruction is fine in the base game.

Just rocked the shotgun on Seine Crossing and my god was it good, went 28 - 4 and captured a few M-COMS.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Megasoum said:

Yeah, it's very overpowered. I recently switched from my beloved M4 to the G36C, since I was nearly finished with all of the unlocks for the M4, and it's painful not having the IRNV. It's just a distinct advantage. Interestingly enough, it causes me to play a little more reckless, so I often do better without it because I play smarter :\

Since GAF server was running with Rush last night, I finally popped my BF3 rush cherry, and I still hate the mode. I hated it in BC2, and I hate it here. The problem is my teammates and their lack of desire to complete the objectives. I had this same complaint in BC2, so I'm not really surprised. I'll stick with Conquest!

lionelhutz

Woo-Fu said:

I only play Rush and if my team is defending the last M-COMM station of the set or round I'm going to drop ammo and health all around it so to keep everyone defending as much as possible. Not only does it support the team, but it's a lot of easy points too.

I don't really think the INRV is that overpowered, to be honest. It takes a lot longer than a red dot or holo to aim down the sights and it restricts your field of view severely when it's up. I'm not saying it doesn't have its uses or that it isn't good but I think it's properly balanced. I used it for awhile but found myself doing better without it.

Holo for me, please.

Dabanton said:
It was the kind of the same in BC2 and DICE never really fixed it properly. Very sloppy work when rival games make voice chat so easy, you do wonder what DICE are up to.

As when it works it's fabulous.
BFBC1 and 1943 had massive mic issues on the PS3. It wasn't until BFBC2 that DICE ever fixed them, but thankfully in BFBC2 there really weren't any mic issues at all, everything worked perfectly. It's only with BF3 that they've fucked up the mics again.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The_Darkest_Red said:
I don't really think the INRV is that overpowered, to be honest. It takes a lot longer than a red dot or holo to aim down the sights and it restricts your field of view severely when it's up. I'm not saying it doesn't have its uses or that it isn't good but I think it's properly balanced. I used it for awhile but found myself doing better without it.

Holo for me, please.

It restricts your field of view BUT EVERYONE GLOWS. On maps with vegetation or darkness, it owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom