• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

Why can't they like, perform maintenance on servers in a round robin kind of fashion. First US servers, bring them back up, then EU servers, etc... Or work on the timing of when everybody is asleep. Keep SOME of the servers up.

Bungieware said:
The G3A3 looks head and shoulders above the rest. But you have to play co-op to unlock it. Fucking stupid.

With suppressor and RDS, yummy.

Glad this one is Assault only. so chances are will be at least a few medipacks around....

In my opinion, classes being around:

support > reckon > engineer > assault.

Cobra84

RibbedHero said:
So, some guy and his clanmates on Reddit took the time to measure the damage values of each gun at 8 different distances. This should hopefully tide us stats guys over until DenKirson can get the in-game values extracted.

WEAPON DAMAGES
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1E0bjBueWVSQjc0V0E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=8

edit:

SCAR looks overpowered, hence the rumoured upcoming nerf. Dissapointing that almost all ARs look the same damage wise.

Unless my math is wrong, the time to kill is wrong. It includes the first shot as taking the full amount of time to load and fire instead of it taking 0 seconds. The M240 takes .16 seconds to kill, not .24.

Any weaker and the scar becomes 4 hits to kill like the 5.56mm rifles but with a slower rate of fire.

When the damage is high, there isn't much you can do to mix it up and you get bland, homogenized CoD weapons. It is much harder to balance weapons when only one extra shot to kill adds a lot to the time to kill. Unless you brutally beat it with the nerf bat, the lower time to kill weapons are going to be the preferred ones.

derFeef

BunnyLifeguard said:
With suppressor and RDS, yummy.

Glad this one is Assault only. so chances are will be at least a few medipacks around....

In my opinion, classes being around:

support > reckon > engineer > assault.

I got this experience (PC).
engineer -> *long time whistle, crickets singing*

Orgun

Argh! I was just tearing it up as a Sniper on Tehran - was the first time i'd done really well as a Sniper and then DC'd! Bah this isnt helping me recover from my migraine at all :)

derFeef

Ryuuga said:
I'm with this man, though I've started playing support myself.
I am rocking support now too, with assault thrown in. I stopped playing engineer becuase of the obvious oversaturation.

jns

I gotta say, as a bf newbie I get lots of love from air support because no matter where I am I am hitting dat 'q'. I know you only get 10 odd points but I rack up bunches of points in every non hc server with it and I'm amazed people don't spam it more as it's super powerful!

derFeef said:
I got this experience (PC).
engineer -> *long time whistle, crickets singing*

Really? Inclusive stinger-festival?

I can imagine, though with an engineer on board and flares your Venom can withstand a while, this is no fun then...

sturmdogg

Are the problems you guys seem to have with the game limited to the PC version? I've been playing the game on the PS3 and I haven't had any of the problems you guys seem to be having.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Servers are down again! Argh! I don't know if I should be happy or sad. Happy because it seems there are a TON of players buying/playing Battlefield. Sad because I can't play and I need to work later!

I'm working to get that Spec Ops skin!

Cyborg

why the fck do they have a beta......Lame bit*hes

1. problems with servers
2. problems with squad options
3. problem with lag in controles

and so on.

WTF?

sturmdogg said:
Are the problems you guys seem to have with the game limited to the PC version? I've been playing the game on the PS3 and I haven't had any of the problems you guys seem to be having.

on 360 here and haven't been able to get on for ages.

derFeef

BunnyLifeguard said:
Really? Inclusive stinger-festival?

I can imagine, though with an engineer on board and flares your Venom can withstand a while, this is no fun then...
I was responding to the class population, not my preference.

Cyborg

sturmdogg said:

I have the PS3 version. And I have some problems. My main problems is the lag in controles. Do you notice it ?

red731

Cyborg said:
I have the PS3 version. And I have some problems. My main problems is the lag in controles. Do you notice it ?

If you have anc LCD(what brand?) turn on the GAME MODE!

I don't have problems with controlers.

If you don't use the game mode, don't even reply since my logic can't comprehend people that don't know their TVs :D

So I'm in a bit of a conundrum because all my friends are getting this game on 360 and I already have it on PC. Does anyone else have both versions and still enjoy the 360 version? Any game is better with your friends.

ruxtpin

Banned
Is it just me or is the starting gun for the engineer class when playing as an American a piece of shit? I've already upgraded the AKS74U (I think that's it) quite a bit but can't seem to get any kills with the allied equivalent.

Also, on the PS3 - Does anyone else get random lag spikes intermittently? I was running around a map last night, near nobody and I felt like I'd go for a second, stop and then start going again.

derFeef

BunnyLifeguard said:
And i was just asking if it is fun on PC with so much engineers around, since on PS3 the amount is decent.
I was lost in translation, I apologize. And no.. it's not fun with engineers running around everywhere, firing rockets and in almost every killscreen with the SCAR. They like my ammo, though :)

Cyborg

red731 said:

If you don't use the game mode, don't even reply since my logic can't comprehend people that don't know their TVs :D

I do have a game mode......Samsung D8000 46''. But If you turn the game mode on the quality of the image gets worse

red731

Cyborg said:
I do have a game mode......Samsung D8000 46''. But If you turn the game mode on the quality of the image gets worse

It will turn off ale the processing that TV makes to the image resulting in LESS INPUT LAG.

And I have Samsung too and I would never play any game with game mode off. It is your choice.

AEREC

Kak.efes said:
Best pilot, or greatest pilot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16tNV6y_ELY

Crazy spotting going on there, he had that entire team on lockdown.

That was insane...is he using a mouse (going by the button prompts at the beginning)?

Also is there anyway to turn sensitivity up on the mouse while in vehicles only? It feels like they basically cut the sensitivity in half when you get in a vehicle or jet.

ruxtpin said:
Is it just me or is the starting gun for the engineer class when playing as an American a piece of shit? I've already upgraded the AKS74U (I think that's it) quite a bit but can't seem to get any kills with the allied equivalent.

Wha? People love the M4, it's awesome

Deadly

ruxtpin said:
It's just you.

WTF is with people saying this looks worse than BC2 on the consoles?

J-Rzez said:
So is the M98 a one shot kill in this game most of the time? I'm about to unlock that, hoping it's a good hitting, and great sounding gun. All I know is that SKS is a real PoS. Shoots fast, takes two shots to the head at times to kill an enemy. I need to get the M39 for my CQC-esque role, and hopefully the Barret is a beast for long range.

It's probably old, but I just found out you can use your MAV to disable sniper mobile spawn points today by accident. Funny stuff.

There are no one-shot kill guns, unless it's a bolt sniper, AFAIK. Maybe some of the semi's are one-shot headshots, but there are no one-shot body kills, unless you play HC.

Dabanton

Anton Sugar said:
WTF is with people saying this looks worse than BC2 on the consoles?

Character models certainly looked better in BC2. But for the actual game BF3 looks more than fine,it certainly has a much better atmosphere for one.

Cudder

red731 said:

Game mode is shit. Not only do I not notice an improvement in gameplay with it on, but it makes the picture look like ass.

lionelhutz

I was finally able to put some time into the MP (360) last night. Initial thoughts:

- The customization UI is annoying. Is it necessary for the screen to flicker every time I select a different weapon or screen?

- Is there a way to see how each gun is progressing? In BFBC2 I was able to check in game the status on each weapon and know how many kills I have with each weapon. Unlocks also seem to be slower.

- No one drops ammo or health. When I play those classes I'm constantly dropping ammo and health near people I see. If I'm an engineer I want a crate next to me so I can refill stinger missiles or RPG's to take out vehicles. This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

- Why is the laser sight on by default? Is there a way to turn this off?

- The sound is probably the best I've heard in a game. A mounted MG or explosion is enough to shake the walls. Wartapes FTW.

- Am I not seeing things correctly, or does each side have their own weapons? I only seem to be able to edit one set of weapons in the My Soldier screen. If they are different, I don't like this. I'm all for having a lot of weapons in the game, but I don't want my selection to be limited based on attack or defend, etc.

- Use microphones on the 360. Having a squad that dosen't talk is annoying.

lionelhutz said:
- Am I not seeing things correctly, or does each side have their own weapons? I only seem to be able to edit one set of weapons in the My Soldier screen. If they are different, I don't like this. I'm all for having a lot of weapons in the game, but I don't want my selection to be limited based on attack or defend, etc.

The factions have unique starting weapons, but everything can be unlocked for everyone and most are universal unlocks.

So has anyone tried Tehran CQ since the rubber-banding "fix"?

Rygar 8 Bit said:
auto applied

Well, they're auto-selected when you unlock them. But you can modify your vehicle loadouts.

ruxtpin said:

Also, on the PS3 - Does anyone else get random lag spikes intermittently? I was running around a map last night, near nobody and I felt like I'd go for a second, stop and then start going again.

No way, brah! M4A1 is my shit--have my most kills with it, about to get my 3rd service star. I switch between it and the SCAR depending on the situation. M4A1 has a mean ROF.

Also, looks like there is a "rhythm" to using pistols? Not sure if I like this.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
so many points, got to the your team won screen and wam i got a DC, is this shit just happening to me, im so pissed of

lionelhutz

BattleMonkey said:
The factions have unique starting weapons, but everything can be unlocked for everyone and most are universal unlocks.

Cool, thanks. I guess I just need to put more time into the game and get all the universal unlocks completed.

lionelhutz said:
- Is there a way to see how each gun is progressing? In BFBC2 I was able to check in game the status on each weapon and know how many kills I have with each weapon. Unlocks also seem to be slower.

AEREC said:
That was insane...is he using a mouse (going by the button prompts at the beginning)?

Also is there anyway to turn sensitivity up on the mouse while in vehicles only? It feels like they basically cut the sensitivity in half when you get in a vehicle or jet.

Reading youtube comments he says he uses mx518 mouse with sensitivity turned all the way DOWN. Uses default settings accept inverted mouse.

I'm with you thought you need higher sensitivity. If lower makes it better...lol. Well that explains a lot of things...

Dabanton

lionelhutz said:
Use microphones on the 360. Having a squad that dosen't talk is annoying.
Seriously. It's mute land out there. After a few matches i found some people who had mics and we split into two squads and ran riot, as we could actually communicate. Do not know why people are not using their mics on the 360.

Anton Sugar said:
Also, looks like there is a "rhythm" to using pistols? Not sure if I like this.

Not a rhythm, just a delay between shots stopping people from basically tapping the fire button fast to create a mini sub machine gun that you can do in other games. It's like people cheesing out the guns in Time Crisis :p

JB1981

Dabanton said:
Seriously. It's mute land out there. After a few matches i found some people who had mics and we split into two squads and ran riot, as we could actually communicate. Do not know why people are not using their mics on the 360.

Parties.

BattleMonkey said:
Not a rhythm, just a delay between shots stopping people from basically tapping the fire button fast to create a mini sub machine gun that you can do in other games. It's like people cheesing out the guns in Time Crisis :p

Ah, that makes more sense than what I was thinking, thanks. I thought they purposefully designed some sort of mechanical failure or something.

Also, uninstalled BC2. 240 hours online...good times. But I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom