• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many cases they improved the destruction because they made it more realistic. In BC1 and 2 lot of things would just explode when shot with a couple bullets, it was extremely over the top like a John Woo film and shit would be sent flying like the physics in a Halo game. They improved the "realism" in that regard, but then they went around and made some shit completely invincible like random sign posts that a tank can't even knock over lol.

Terrain deformation seems mostly bs and only works in some places. Course I didn't expect Red Faction level of terrain deformation for game play purposes.

commish said:
It restricts your field of view BUT EVERYONE GLOWS. On maps with vegetation or darkness, it owns.

Hmm, so ways to balance:

-Increase ADS time
-Decrease FOV even more
-Shorten it's "range"

One big problem is that it's infrared, so it can't really be "blinded" by bright light like normal NV would, I guess.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
AllIsOneIsNone said:
Yeah, even in broad daylight it kicks too much ass. Eventually everyone will be using it.

Yeah, and when that happens, I hope they remove it :p

Snowballo

X360 version.

A friend of mine told me that during a match there was a player that was getting a lot of hits without dying. He looked like invulnerable. Something like a glitch, he doens't know.

Do you know if this stuff really exist and if they eventullay will fix this problem?

GodofWine

My voice chat has been a bit improved on PS3 the last couple nights (its been satisfactory, just an occasional drop / static, but working), even got into game with a squad mate from the main menu screen.

Tehran Highway only rubberbanded a little...I feel its improving, its quite epic overall.

Funny moment, on Canals, there was a guy at C, an enemy, in one of the structures and he was all the way in the back of it, prone. So I went behind the building to sneak around and surprise him, but when I got behind the building, his legs were sticking out through the wall, and it let me shoot him...so I shot him in the ankles till he died.

When he saw the "post-kill cam" he must have been very confused at how I killed him.

Menelaus

Banned
Snowballo said:
X360 version.

A friend of mine told me that during a match there was a player that was getting a lot of hits without dying. He looked like invulnerable. Something like a glitch, he doens't know.

Do you know if this stuff really exist and if they eventullay will fix this problem?
Yeah, ran into one of those last night on Xbox too.

commish said:
It restricts your field of view BUT EVERYONE GLOWS. On maps with vegetation or darkness, it owns.
Like I said, it definitely has its uses and there are times when it gives you a distinct advantage, but I just feel like the cons balance it out enough.

The main issue for me is that I feel like my mobility is restricted when I'm using it, much like when I have a long range scope on my gun. I like to be able to quickly go from scoped to non-scoped without sacrificing my view of what's around me and I feel like the INRV really puts a damper on that play-style. I also feel like the thing is all but worthless in quick-draw, close-quarters situations, which I'm constantly in because I'm a fairly aggressive player. If you're the type of player who likes to sit back and pick people off without getting your hands too dirty then I think it gives you a fairly sizable advantage.

Also, I play rush exclusively so that could have something to do with my opinions as well (on top of being a console peasant).

The_Darkest_Red said:
I don't really think the INRV is that overpowered, to be honest. It takes a lot longer than a red dot or holo to aim down the sights and it restricts your field of view severely when it's up. I'm not saying it doesn't have its uses or that it isn't good but I think it's properly balanced. I used it for awhile but found myself doing better without it.

Holo for me, please.

INRV is the best when you are riding in the extra seats of a chopper, nothing beats spotting all the shiny dots below for friendlies :D

MDavis360 said:
I have a serious problem. When I lose a round in this game, I sit there and fume and stare at the enemy's names and wish misery and suffering on them. I HATE losing in this game, especially if I have a shit ton of team actions like ammo, revives, health, spotting etc. I deserve to win, and they deserve to lose.

*fuming*

My favorite thing about BF3 is I don't care if we win or lose. I like the points. I'm obsessed with getting as many points as I can.

Dabanton said:
Can't be parties in every server?.

You would be very surprised. It's a mix of private parties, randoms not using a mic, and don't forget about the Xbox Live feature that lets you automute every by default except those on your friends list.

Rad-

The_Darkest_Red said:
Like I said, it definitely has its uses and there are times when it gives you a distinct advantage, but I just feel like the cons balance it out enough.

The main issue for me is that I feel like my mobility is restricted when I'm using it, much like when I have a long range scope on my gun. I like to be able to quickly go from scoped to non-scoped without sacrificing my view of what's around me and I feel like the INRV really puts a damper on that play-style. I also feel like the thing is all but worthless in quick-draw, close-quarters situations, which I'm constantly in because I'm a fairly aggressive player. If you're the type of player who likes to sit back and pick people off without getting your hands too dirty then I think it gives you a fairly sizable advantage.

Also, I play rush exclusively so that could have something to do with my opinions as well (on top of being a console peasant).

Well with a weapon like G36C you don't need to scope in close quarter combat because even with running and gunning there's like zero recoil.

IRNV is crazy OP'd, at least with engie guns.

Snowballo said:
X360 version.

server lag probably? I know the servers have steadily gotten worse for me since launch.

The rubberbanding on 360 was sparse and intermittent last week, but this week its now just as bad as BC2 was at launch. I'm tired of dying while in cover.

Right now the 360 servers are always right at capacity.
My guess is that everything will improve when the MW3 players leave BF3 next week.

Rad- said:
Well with a weapon like G36C you don't need to scope in close quarter combat because even with running and gunning there's like zero recoil.

IRNV is crazy OP'd, at least with engie guns.
I've only used it with a few assault rifles so maybe I just haven't experienced its true potential yet.

ii Stryker said:
Right now the 360 servers are always right at capacity.
My guess is that everything will improve when the MW3 players leave BF3 next week.

Not to start shit but I do also feel that the quality of the game on many levels is going to improve next week.

Miggytronz

Snowballo said:
X360 version.

Menelaus said:
Yeah, ran into one of those last night on Xbox too.

me too. Last night, a few time. pretty annoying.

1 instance i literally stood behind him and unloaded 3 full clips into him with 0 hit markers.

I have also ran into the invincible players. They literally do not die except for a knife to the back. But as soon as they are killed once, the glitch goes away and can be killed normally. I have seen it a couple times. This is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

OldJadedGamer said:
Not to start shit but I do also feel that the quality of the game on many levels is going to improve next week.

hehe true. Players also over time get accustomed to the Battlefield formula over time. BC2 improved greatly a while after launch with people knowing what they are supposed to do and less k/d whores.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
OldJadedGamer said:
I read this post without reading what it was quoting and thought that a patch was coming that I hadn't heard of yet. I guess the player base is getting a buff.

AlmostMilk said:
I have also ran into the invincible players. They literally do not die except for a knife to the back. But as soon as they are killed once, the glitch goes away and can be killed normally. I have seen it a couple times. This is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

thats better then the buggy knife glitches I have been getting where you stab them 3 times and it wont kill em. melee code needs some work big time. it is so hit or miss.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
KingOfKong said:
thats better then the buggy knife glitches I have been getting where you stab them 3 times and it wont kill em. melee code needs some work big time. it is so hit or miss.

I've lost track of the number of people who have tried to stab me, but don't, and I just turn around and shoot them in the face.

commish said:
I've lost track of the number of people who have tried to stab me, but don't, and I just turn around and shoot them in the face.
I have officially given up on knifing at anytime other than when the guy is not moving and his back is facing me.

The_Darkest_Red said:
I have officially given up on knifing at anytime other than when the guy is not moving and his back is facing me.

You know that's pretty much the only time you can get the OHK knife, right? I don't think you can OHK them if they're moving, but you definitely can't if it's from the front. Side seems to be okay.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anton Sugar said:
R7 server update rolling out to consoles tomorrow.

PC GAF, have you tried playing Tehran CQ 64 to see if the rubber-banding is fixed?
Battlefield said:
New changes being rolled out tomorrow at 09:00 CET on the 3rd of November! bit.ly/uZFrxI

Any info on that? (Cant log into Battlelog)

Gav47

How many points do you typically get from one co-op mission/ how long will I have to grind I'm order to get the G3?

The_Darkest_Red said:

yes, i give up knifing as well. nothing feels worse then trying to knife a prone player and he turns and kills you while you are stabbing at him.

Fersis said:
Any info on that? (Cant log into Battlelog)

Here is the post

Battlelog said:
Dear everyone!

We have made some fixes and because sharing is caring, we would like to share these changes we are deploying with you.

This is a server patch which means that you don´t have to update anything on your client.
These are the fixes :)

- Fix for rubber banding
- TDM/SQDM spawn point fix
- crash fixes in end of round
- Fix for connection problem when joining password protected servers

We will deploy these fixes at 09:00 CET which is 8:00 GMT and midnight pacific time on the 3rd of November.

These changes have already made their way to the PC so this time it´s going out for Xbox 360 and PS3.

Enjoy!

Anton Sugar said:
You know that's pretty much the only time you can get the OHK knife, right? I don't think you can OHK them if they're moving, but you definitely can't if it's from the front. Side seems to be okay.
Well I just figured you wouldn't get a special animation if you were stabbing them from the front but I didn't know if it was OHK or not. Either way it's worthless because it never seems to hit for me when someone is moving.

KingOfKong said:
I would much rather be able to kill someone at all, with a gun or knife, than just not being able to kill him with a knife. It is incredibly annoying seeing someone go 50-0 because they cannot be killed.

moai

Snowballo said:
X360 version.

file a complaint on the xbox guide. i've seen two players like that. first thought was that it was lag, but when you see two teammates unload whole clips and nothing happens you can be certain that he is hacking. i tried to stab him from behind, but nothing . he took 4 stabs, then turned around and killed me.

Anton Sugar said:
R7 server update rolling out to consoles tomorrow.

PC GAF, have you tried playing Tehran CQ 64 to see if the rubber-banding is fixed?

Played a full round with it just now, absolutely no rubber-banding whatsoever. Super smooth (UK playing on a German server).

Enosh

yay unlocked everything for assault, well, everything except the co-op thingy, kinda don't have anyone to play with, tried the matchmaking once buy the other guy was just standing there not really doing anything so meh

now, to go engineer or support is the big question

snack said:
Around what time? I played TDM last night at around 10pm pst and the spawns were still broken.

It depends on the server provider and when they finish testing the client and applying it to their servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom