• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
shagg_187 said:
" This release is dedicated to our fans worldwide who bought this game on legal way and don't want to install the trojan from Electronic Arts to play online."

I'm intrigued...

I would think that EA/DICE can detect incorrect/hacked EXE files, so I wouldn't take the risk myself.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Still can't believe EA hasn't fix the "bf3.exe has stopped working" yet. I've been seeing ton of posts about this issue too

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anton Sugar said:
Who here was repping the =SoC= Chaos 64 BF3 server earlier? I'm curious who the provider is, where it's located, and the stability. The ping is always much lower than the GAF server.

GAF server is pretty good for me, ping-wise. I'm in NYC. It's usually between 10 and 20.

shagg_187 said:
" This release is dedicated to our fans worldwide who bought this game on legal way and don't want to install the trojan from Electronic Arts to play online."

I'm intrigued...

Here.

SteveO409 said:
Still can't believe EA hasn't fix the "bf3.exe has stopped working" yet. I've been seeing ton of posts about this issue too

Happens to me consistently if Origin is not started first, and I try to join a game from Battlelog. Works every time after the initial error, though.

Woorloog

Banned
Tell me, why do helos have AA missiles? Doesn't any fucking sense. Especially scout chopper having missiles.
Are static AA guns destroyable? Or at least is the gunner killable? In Kharg, Russian AA gun can harrass helos half a map away...

Oh and what you'd think about Support having Stinger/Igla instead of Engineer? That way a team wouldn't be relying on Engis as much to keep air clear... besides, most Engis seem to be opting for SMAW/RPG anyway. And while at it, move mines to Recon, so that Engineers actually fix vehicles rather than just laying shit-ton of mines.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Anton Sugar said:
Here.

Happens to be consistently if Origin is not started first, and I try to join a game from Battlelog. Works every time after the initial error, though.
Ah that makes sense then because I have the Favorites tab bookmarked. Guess I go through the hassle of going through origin from now on

Makoto

Woorloog said:
Are static AA guns destroyable? Or at least is the gunner killable? In Kharg, Russian AA gun can harrass helos half a map away...
I don't think it's possible to take out the static AA guns. I also feel the issue is worse on Canals. The US carrier AA gun can almost reach the Russian base. Flying any chopper on that map as Russians is pretty pointless because of that AA gun.

Salacious Crumb

vidal said:
I don't think it's possible to take out the static AA guns. I also feel the issue is worse on Canals. The US carrier AA gun can almost reach the Russian base. Flying any chopper on that map as Russians is pretty pointless because of that AA gun.

It can also quite easily shoot at a lot of the map, C is especially exposed to that gun.

bounchfx

what the fuck? is there no way to install from disc? bought the game on PC, put in first cd, installs origin which I already had installed. wants me to download. I HAVE THE DISC.

I put in disc 2, nothing happens. What the fuck is this shit, EA?

Megasoum

Banned
bounchfx said:
what the fuck? is there no way to install from disc? bought the game on PC, put in first cd, installs origin which I already had installed. wants me to download. I HAVE THE DISC.

I put in disc 2, nothing happens. What the fuck is this shit, EA?

It says installing but it's actually grabbing the files from the DVD.

Glassboy

Does anyone think they should tone down the amount of rockets that an Engineer starts with? Seems like it would cut down on a lot of rocket spam. I can't believe that I said that, because I mainly play as an engineer, but i think the game would be better for it.

codecow

KingOfKong said:
IRNV is already equipped on most people I get killed to on PC. Is it the same for console?

Not yet because a lot of people haven't unlocked yet. I am using it on my Scar-H when I play engineer, me like. One thing bad about it though is that I assume the guy I am shooting can't see me which a couple times has gotten me killed.

Megasoum

Banned
CrankyJay said:
New ATI drivers seem to have fixed my crashing between rounds bullshit.

Are you talking about the 11.10 V3 drivers or there is a newer version than those?

My main issue with the 11.10 is that they completly bork my Logitech G15 drivers... That means that my video drivers crash everytime I boot my pc and the G15 tries to load and I obviously don't have any LCD stuff on the G15 since the BF3 beta...so annoying.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Woorloog said:
Tell me, why do helos have AA missiles? Doesn't any fucking sense. Especially scout chopper having missiles.

Oh and what you'd think about Support having Stinger/Igla instead of Engineer? That way a team wouldn't be relying on Engis as much to keep air clear... besides, most Engis seem to be opting for SMAW/RPG anyway. And while at it, move mines to Recon, so that Engineers actually fix vehicles rather than just laying shit-ton of mines.
Because otherwise helo vs helo air combat is kind of silly.

The balance in BF3 is really interesting. Everything seems to have an answer to everything.

Manager

Megasoum said:
Are you talking about the 11.10 V3 drivers or there is a newer version than those?

My main issue with the 11.10 is that they completly bork my Logitech G15 drivers... That means that my video drivers crash everytime I boot my pc and the G15 tries to load and I obviously don't have any LCD stuff on the G15 since the BF3 beta...so annoying.

The final 11.10 drivers were released Monday.

Rad- said:
IRNV is crazy OP'd, at least with engie guns.

It's tough not to use the IRNV because it really mitigates the main reason why most infantry will kill you, which is not being able to see them with all the crazy contrasty lighting, bloom effects, dust, etc. going on.

I actually don't see too many people using on 360..... yet. I can only imagine the horrors awaiting me when the horde of SCAR-H engineers clue themselves in.

Most logical fix would probably to decrease the range out to which bodies still appear as "hot" to the scope. Hopefully that's not something they have to do in a title update.

Honestly surprised that demize or somebody hasn't commented on this in a tweet, did I miss one?

Hawk269

Any word from EA/Dice if they plan to fix the controller support for the PC version? It is so fucked up that "if" you use a controller, you need a keyboard/mouse as well since not eveything works. Even on-line, you cannot select your loadout without using the mouse since no buttons on the controller moves the menu left or right to select the loadout.

**Yes, some people perfer Controller over KB/M, Yes, I know it is odd, retarded, stupid, pointless, why not just play on consoles then, etc**.... Just wanted to get all that out of the way before the flood of responses on why I choose controller for a PC game. lol

I'm not someone who complains about overpowered stuff usually. I don't think any guns are unfair, generally the game is really well balanced.

But the thermal scope is potentially game ruining. The beauty of the game is picking your spot, going in prone, finding the right cover etc. Since everyone started using thermal I've been picked off wherever I am and now that I've started using it I can see why. I enter an area, zoom in, look for some orange and shoot at it. It's basically a built in hack, IMO. It takes away ALL tactics from combat situations.

It needs to get nerfed terribly. Give an option to somehow counter it, at least. Horrible, horrible thing and I'm having much less fun now it's spread so much.

Woorloog

Banned
SapientWolf said:
Because otherwise helo vs helo air combat is kind of silly.

The balance in BF3 is really interesting. Everything seems to have an answer to everything.
Helos shouldn't fight each other... planes should fight each other and kill helos. Try to anyway.
Everyone can do something about everything is a good idea but that ain't true for BF3. Recons and Assault can't do anything about vehicles in practice (M320 damage is minimal against vehicles, Recons have SOFLAM but it needs people who have laser guided missiles available and need to use them). And tanks can't do anything to jets but that's fine (outside some freak incidents like jet flying very low etc)
Considering how good Engineer is ATM (SCAR-H can be configured for long range shooting easy too by the way, they can do anything), i think spreading their stuff across the board could make others more on par with them, while not exactly weakening then, just making them more specialized.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm not someone who complains about overpowered stuff usually. I don't think any guns are unfair, generally the game is really well balanced.

But the thermal scope is potentially game ruining. The beauty of the game is picking your spot, going in prone, finding the right cover etc. Since everyone started using thermal I've been picked off wherever I am and now that I've started using it I can see why. I enter an area, zoom in, look for some orange and shoot at it. It's basically a built in hack, IMO. It takes away ALL tactics from combat situations.

It needs to get nerfed terribly. Give an option to somehow counter it, at least. Horrible, horrible thing and I'm having much less fun now it's spread so much.

yep, its like overnight people seemed to clue in on it and finally started using it. it needs to be removed, not adjusted.

Moaradin

Foliorum Viridum said:

Fuck scopes. Ironsights all the way!

KingOfKong said:
yep, its like overnight people seemed to clue in on it and finally started using it. it needs to be removed, not adjusted.
I'm inclined to agree.

This isn't the same game it was a few days ago. My enthusiasm for it has significantly dropped, and that's not even hyperbole. It removes the tactical element I loved. Mines? Worthless. Standing in stealthy/tactical locations? Worthless.

commish

Glassboy said:
Does anyone think they should tone down the amount of rockets that an Engineer starts with? Seems like it would cut down on a lot of rocket spam. I can't believe that I said that, because I mainly play as an engineer, but i think the game would be better for it.

I think I start out with 8 RPGs. It's ridiculous how much I can spam them. What I'd like is to have their effectiveness against infantry GREATLY reduced. As it is now, on certain maps, there are locations where a rocket or 2 almost always get a multi-kill. I can't help by launch a few :p

darkwing

Foliorum Viridum said:

started using it, my k/d ratio went up, what you don't kill because of range etc.. you can just spot lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aomori said:
Isn't there supposed to be a hardcore mode? I can't find it anywhere on PS3.

ITT: People don't use the godly server browser and admit to using the inferior matchmaking.

Foliorum Viridum said:

I certainly wouldn't mind if it were removed, but it should absolutely be nerfed in some way. Shorter range, smaller FOV, increased "static" or distortion when you move with it scoped, etc.

Demize says the reason the SCAR is being nerfed is from them looking at stats. I hope they have a way of seeing how many kills were made with weapons equipped with the IRNV, because it's gonna shoot up here soon.

commish

Foliorum Viridum said:

I've been saying this all along. I fully expect 99% of players to be using it within 2 weeks. I hope it's removed.

commish said:
I think I start out with 8 RPGs. It's ridiculous how much I can spam them. What I'd like is to have their effectiveness against infantry GREATLY reduced. As it is now, on certain maps, there are locations where a rocket or 2 almost always get a multi-kill. I can't help by launch a few :p

They should change it so splash damage NEVER deals full damage/kill, only direct hits.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Glad to see you guys agree.

Hopefully DICE hear this stuff.

Well, no one wanted a SCAR nerf, so if we want the IRNV balanced, it probably won't happen
lol.gif

What's ironic is that we have all these crazy, obtrusive lens effects when we're running around in game, but the moment we, you know, look through a scope LENS (IRNV or not), they're crystal clear.
lol.gif

can anyone describe a good control setup for jets and helicopters. is there a good way to configure the xbox 360 controller on pc for air vehicles?

Spl1nter

commish said:
I've been saying this all along. I fully expect 99% of players to be using it within 2 weeks. I hope it's removed.

Proof that the 1% knows what is best.

Anton Sugar said:
They should change it so splash damage NEVER deals full damage/kill, only direct hits.

there is a spec that decreases explosive and shrapnel damage.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
On the PC, is there a way to "cook" a grenade without having to actually switch to holding it in your hand?

The quickthrow key doesn't allow holding, it just immediately tosses it. Which is generally never what I want to do. I seem to remember Bad Company or maybe it was COD allowed you to hold the quickthrow to cook the grenade.

The only way to cook it is to switch to the grenade then hold the fire button.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anton Sugar said:

That would nerf the underslung grenade launcher that medics have. Which would stop my trollface.jpg, don't do this. :( I need my OMA/Danger Close broken grenade launcher.

Also the thermal scope is the counter to flashlights and lasers. Fuck both of those and fuck the thermal scope. And fuck scopes while I'm at it. Real men use the iron sights.

Also fuck DICE for AUTO-EQUIPPING THOSE ON UNLOCK. Yes, DICE because I OH SO WANT my AKS-47U to have an 8x scope slapped on it on respawn. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom