• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anton Sugar said:
I just feel differently--I don't really find anything particularly wrong with the weapons, so far (been playing mostly engineer). I haven't really noticed anyone using any weapon in particular, aside from the IRNV.

I haven't really been on the business end of the F2000 yet though, so...

The FN2000 is really good, I can tell you that from co-op experience. Barely any recoil, fast rate of fire. It isn't garbage like it is in BC1/2, maybe it is in multiplayer versus. Can't say just yet.

But everyone is using the M249 + IRNV and/or the A-91 or in some cases the MASS.

Whoops, didn't mean to double post.

GAF maybe this has been posted before but would you kindly click the link and +1 this issue.

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/color_blindness_mode

you see:

EzerK.jpg

this should be a easy fix and it would help me and a lot of others very much.

lazybones18 said:
There's a color blindness mode in Bad Company 2? First I've heard of it

afaik there was, even COD had one. it's such a shame that a huge issue (effects 5% of men) that takes literally no time to solve gets ignored over and over again.

TheSeks

lazybones18 said:
There's a color blindness mode in Bad Company 2?

No, there isn't. Hence "hasn't that been a request since..."

Also depending on the colorblindness, I don't see the huge issue. If you're blue blind, the grey names are your allies and the orange is the enemies. If orange blind, your allies are blue and the grey names/dots and non-names are the enemies.

(Of course, since the mini-map and GUI is blue this go 'round, it's 20x harder for blue-blind I guess)

zlatko

Banned
scoobs said:
the F2000 is outrageously overpowered in mp. Just like... how can anyone consider it balanced?

LMAO! You can't. It kills you in 2-3 bullets, sprays at 900 bullets a second, is super accurate, has incredible range, and I see no reason why you would even want another rifle. The only other gun on its level is the P90.

TheSeks

Diprosalic said:
you guys are serious about the F2000? i got the gun today and my friend told me it was crap and i didn't bother. lol.

It really depends on how you adjust to its sights. It really has no recoil and pukes bullets like Linda Blair. It isn't "crap" like it was in BC1/2.

Enosh

ugh, fuck those bipods
*sees enemy*
*gets ready to aim down sights*
bipod starts setting up because I am in a 20m radios of some god damned fence and I get killed

so yeah, fuck it, took it off and now waiting for the foregrip or something

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Enosh said:
ugh, fuck those bipods
*sees enemy*
bipod starts setting up because I am in a 20m radios of some god damned fence and I get killed

Bipods need to be on a separate key.

zlatko

Banned
Cudder said:
What are the "right" attachments? Maybe a Holo sight and a Foregrip?

Correct. IRNV of course is another great choice for the sight since then you can just see like Neo in the Matrix to fuck fools up.

Mothman91

Been using the Type 88 LMG with foregrip, holo, and extended mags. Was wondering if anyone has any good support tricks/tips for me?

Enosh

Cudder said:
What are the "right" attachments? Maybe a Holo sight and a Foregrip?
I liked using the laser sight, idk kinda feels better spraying at close range with it, but no idea how much of an accuracy benefit it actually gives and how the foregrip compares

georgc

Enosh said:
ugh, fuck those bipods
*sees enemy*

yeah i agree the trouble to use a bipod is not worth the small increase it gives you.

I hate being set up in a good spot 40m to my front i see a sniper. I also have the suppression perk and lay into him 200 rounds of hot lead. I hit him a few times and keep the suppression on. All he does is pop out and headshot im dead. Whats the point of suppression?, deploying? support role? if all the tools given to me are useless at 40m and its consistent.

Zeppelin

Is it just me or are claymores pretty useless? I haven't managed to get a single kill with them. I suppose they're not guaranteed to kill?

F#A#Oo

Banned
Mothman91 said:
Been using the Type 88 LMG with foregrip, holo, and extended mags. Was wondering if anyone has any good support tricks/tips for me?

Drop Ammo...Drop Ammo...Drop Ammo...Drop Ammo...Drop Ammo...Drop Ammo...

aeiko

Banned
c4 + jeep = ultimate badass weapon.

managed to rack up close to 4k pretty quick in points by repeating this

only issue i come across is that sometimes the c4's dont go off when i jump out the jeep and trigger...

F#A#Oo

Banned
Enosh said:
get 10 points per resupply :p

Yep...I had a game on Metro I was at Flag B...Russian side and just spent the whole game making supression fire towards the staircases and dropping ammo like crazy...

One of the few benefits of Metro...I don't have to try and chase my team-mates to take my ammo...lol

georgc

aeiko said:
c4 + jeep = ultimate badass weapon.

managed to rack up close to 4k pretty quick in points by repeating this

only issue i come across is that sometimes the c4's dont go off when i jump out the jeep and trigger...
thats still a problem? that was in bc2 :(

Ysiadmihi

Banned
KingOfKong said:
its just like every other heavily scripted FPS single player campaign. nothing special but calling it a turd is exaggerating a lot.

Fixed. There are still some good FPS campaigns out here. The Goldeneye remake, for example.

Zeppelin said:
Is it just me or are claymores pretty useless? I haven't managed to get a single kill with them. I suppose they're not guaranteed to kill?

No trolling intended, but: You do know about the "front toward enemy" thing?

They are pretty useful; when set on the right corner (roofs with only one stair up or so) they always work.

BattleMonkey said:
Whatever keeps the game from turning into another wookie land, wins imo. Recons were a waste in BC2. Here they have a real useful purpose for those who actually play a good recon and not just a sniper not contributing to the team.

This "true" purpose for what i call "action wookie" was (in BC2) and still is the motion sensors....

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Enosh said:
ugh, fuck those bipods
*sees enemy*

Removed my bipod last night after experiencing the exact same problem. Totally not worth it.

Agreed it needs to be a separate key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom