• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demon Ice said:
Seriously. I don't know if anyone at DICE has ever actually used a flashlight before.

Special forces and stuff like that do have extremely powerful flashlights. It's still terrible unbalanced and shouldn't blind you in daylight but in the darker maps I would think it's realistic enough. But yeah unbalanced so downgrade them, a lot. Also make it so your retarded squad mates can't blind you completely.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Demon Ice said:
Seriously. I don't know if anyone at DICE has ever actually used a flashlight before.

Taclights are not the same as flashlights.

WoodenLung said:
Special forces and stuff like that do have extremely powerful flashlights. It's still terrible unbalanced and shouldn't blind you in daylight but in the darker maps I would think it's realistic enough. But yeah unbalanced so downgrade them, a lot. Also make it so your retarded squad mates can't blind you completely.

All infantry use them.

Dragnet

Ha! After contacting EA support about the Act of Valor code not working (and the first guy I talked to telling me to contact Tesco about the issue..) I managed to get a working code which ended up giving me 10 dog tags, not 5! Yay :)

Edit: Looking at the tags now, looks like I didn't get the Act of Valor tags but the 10 pre-order bonus tags. I'm still happy :D

1stStrike

Banned
HAHA. So, yeah, I'm now an anti-helicopter machine in mah tank. This shit, with a good 3 man squad, is awesome enough to cause the other team to all gun for you.

Emily Chu

Banned
SeanR1221 said:
I've heard people swear by the AEK, but I think the M416 is so much better.

What am I doing wrong.

AEK 9/10 times just kills FASTER then the M416
more rounds downrange in a split second.
but the M416 is the better more balanced weapon for all ranges

it's a toss up for me as I like both... 50/50

Harpua

Max said:
cyan and orange are the complete opposites of eachother on the color spectrum, even more so than red to blue or something

there was some thread about it being in films a lot

edit: :lol http://www.slashfilm.com/orangeblue-contrast-in-movie-posters/

For me, it's difficult to tell the difference between my squad and enemies at time. No issues with the blue randoms. Not sure what colors are used to distinguish squad mates and enemies, but unfortunately to some of us colorblind people, they look very similar.

I can see the differences in the picture if I look closely, but in the heat of things they tend to blend.

stb

anyone having trouble entering the Dr. Pepper codes for BF3 stuff?

I keep getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Please verify your selection(s) or try back in a few minutes"

squidyj

eternaLightness said:
It's pretty horrible on daytime maps. I get blinded by the sun and flashlights? Pretty silly.

So... a piece of kit should be useful on.... one full map and half of another? that seems reasonable to you?

MrBig

squidyj said:
So... a piece of kit should be useful on.... one full map and half of another? that seems reasonable to you?
It's a flashlight, with the description "tactical" meaning that you should be using it tacticfully where applicable. Is it reasonable that a mortar be used indoors? No. Is it reasonable that a blind-all flashlight can be used outdoors? No. Is it reasonable indoors? Yes.

Would anyone be interested in a "Physical Warfare Pack" code? Had excess at work so I nabbed them before they were tossed.

Edit: They're for PC only

Violater

Why is it every MP game I could find some way of liking does something really stupid to mess things up?
Its fucking Daylight why is a laser or a flashlight blinding me??

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
stb said:

I keep getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Please verify your selection(s) or try back in a few minutes"
Try a different browser. Site seems to be bugged on Chrome.

Well, three guns Service Star'd so far, all of them Co-op guns. Working on the M39 EMR for right now, and soon enough I'll get back on the Co-op horse and get the G3 as well. Gonna make sure I get a service star for each of the Co-op class weapons. After that, M249 maybe?

Violater said:
Why is it every MP game I could find some way of liking does something really stupid to mess things up?
A laser will do that in pretty much any lighting conditions, but to an extent, I agree on the flashlights.

However, coding the flashlights effect to change contextually is HARD and time consuming. It's either you get THE SUN IN YOUR HANDS everywhere, or nowhere, and with how many dark places there are, I'd rather it everywhere.

Marvie_3

Banned
stb said:

Yeah, I had that problem a bunch of times. I could never get it to work on my computer at home but worked fine on one of the computers on campus. :lol

Varna

MrBig said:
They at least need to not do anything in daylit areas.

They never fixed this? What the fuck...

Just bought this game too. Any way to get better download rates on origin? Getting pretty shitty ones. :(

schnell

MotionBlue said:
Would anyone be interested in a "Physical Warfare Pack" code? Had excess at work so I nabbed them before they were tossed.

Yes yes yes! I thought my Amazon pre-order would come with one but it didn't :(

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MrBig said:
It's a flashlight, with the description "tactical" meaning that you should be using it tacticfully where applicable. Is it reasonable that a mortar be used indoors? No. Is it reasonable that a blind-all flashlight can be used outdoors? No. Is it reasonable indoors? Yes.
Battlefield has had a tenuous relationship with reality for awhile. I don't remember any plane surfing in WW2. At least, it wasn't in the history books I read.

People are clearly willing to suspend their disbelief for the sake of fun, so the real question is, does the mechanic add any value to the game? Is it balanced? It's new so it may take some time to determine the answers to those questions.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Diprosalic said:
GAF maybe this has been posted before but would you kindly click the link and +1 this issue.

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/color_blindness_mode

you see:

EzerK.jpg

this should be a easy fix and it would help me and a lot of others very much.
This is part of the reason I'm not doing as well in multiplayer. :(
TheSeks said:
No, there isn't. Hence "hasn't that been a request since..."

Also depending on the colorblindness, I don't see the huge issue. If you're blue blind, the grey names are your allies and the orange is the enemies. If orange blind, your allies are blue and the grey names/dots and non-names are the enemies.

(Of course, since the mini-map and GUI is blue this go 'round, it's 20x harder for blue-blind I guess)
Did you not read the captions in the image? The issue is the colors for your squad and enemies are too close in tone and therefore very hard to distinguish for us. Being color blind for most people doesn't mean we can't see a particular color and its grey...wtf.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
MotionBlue said:

I'd love one. Finally get that DAO12 or Type88.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
MotionBlue said:

If you have any extras still, I wouldn't mind.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Zeppelin said:
Is it just me or are claymores pretty useless? I haven't managed to get a single kill with them. I suppose they're not guaranteed to kill?

Think they only do ~90 damage. I've had people run directly into them and keep on going.

eternaLightness said:
It's pretty horrible on daytime maps. I get blinded by the sun and flashlights? Pretty silly.

Violater said:

How many times are people going to complain about this and how many times are people going to respond that taclights and flashlights will blind you just find in daylight? Read the thread, get over it, move on.

Dragnet said:
Edit: Looking at the tags now, looks like I didn't get the Act of Valor tags but the 10 pre-order bonus tags. I'm still happy :D
It is more entertaining to collect them with your knife.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Good to see the SCAR is getting a nerf...we've already got enough engineers as it is. It's damage is crazy.

Almost 10 points higher than every single assault rifle and engineer rifle.

mcrae

im having the WEIRDEST problems on the gaf server, i have ~30 ping, and no noticeable lag except in one instance: when i rotate my camera. i can strafe or walk and no lag, but when i use the mouse to aim at all i get mega lag... its worse now than it was yesterday too, but no one else seems to have it

Didn't have any rubber-banding today at all, on Caspian or Tehran (although it was 64 players in 32 player version), nor TDM. Caspian was sitting around 60 most of the match though.

mcrae said:
im having the WEIRDEST problems on the gaf server, i have ~30 ping, and no noticeable lag except in one instance: when i rotate my camera. i can strafe or walk and no lag, but when i use the mouse to aim at all i get mega lag... its worse now than it was yesterday too, but no one else seems to have it
If you have a 360 controller plugged in, unplug it. Fixed it for me.

Lyonaz

The onscreen icon timer-things when capping a flag during conquest are starting to annoy me, that damn blue indicator is huge and smack dab in the middle of my screen. I can't see my enemies when that thing is obscuring my view.

MotionBlue said:
All gone now. Sorry if you didn't get one. I'll keep an eye out if we have any more extras.

Would love one if you do, got my bro Bf3 as an early Xmas present from GmG but was only standard edition, would be icing on the cake if I could give him this too :)

G_Berry

Banned
AlmostMilk said:
Don't forget about the massive amount of grenades if that doesn't work.

That's what the flashing grenade indicator is for!

You want the game to move you out of the path of the grenade for you or something?

redhot_

AlmostMilk said:
Don't forget about the massive amount of grenades if that doesn't work.

Can't tell if thats sarcasm or not lol because i never get killed by those. Maybe the grenade launchers once and a while.

Varna

What the hell... can't even get past the release date check. It starts up, I hit accept and quickly fills to 100% but I can't play. :/

I'm sure it 100% necessary for this to be origin only.

snack

Varna said:
What the hell... can't even get past the release date check. It starts up, I hit accept and quickly fills to 100% but I can't play. :/

I'm sure it 100% necessary for this to be origin only.
Try contacting EA chat support.

mcrae

bluedeviltron said:
If you have a 360 controller plugged in, unplug it. Fixed it for me.

then how do i fly jets and copters!?

ill try it

but seriously, no other work around, anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom