• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they can clearly tell when you're indoors, as the spawn beacon spawns differently whether you're inside or out. I'd rather they would adjust the flashlights effect on the sane basis. Not perfect but much better than current.

Kak.efes

SeanR1221 said:
I've heard people swear by the AEK, but I think the M416 is so much better.

What am I doing wrong.

AEK is better suited to close quarters shooting. I like it, but I'm shooting for the AN-94. Suits my play style better, medium to long range short burst fire with good accuracy, no recoil.

Anybody got impressions on the F2000?

Victrix

*beard*
mcrae said:
then how do i fly jets and copters!?

ill try it

but seriously, no other work around, anyone know?

Go into the config for infantry controls and disable all gamepad x/y axis movement stuff. Should fix the mouse issue, and still let you use it for vehicles fine.

Varna

snack said:
Try contacting EA chat support.

Didn't expect much... and yeah chat support blows. This is the awesome piece of advice he gave me.

"Well all I can say is EA is aware of this issue and are working very hard at getting it fixed. All I can do is ask for your patients while we try to resolve this issue."

Mizzou Gaming said:
Anyone notice it rains in doors on Grand Bazaar or whatever its called?
Yeah, Bazaar was looking prettier than usual today for some reason. Probably because I hadn't played for a while.

Isn't it only that one building by the market though? That's the only one I've ever seen it in.

iam220

SapientWolf said:
Battlefield has had a tenuous relationship with reality for awhile. I don't remember any plane surfing in WW2. At least, it wasn't in the history books I read.

People are clearly willing to suspend their disbelief for the sake of fun, so the real question is, does the mechanic add any value to the game? Is it balanced? It's new so it may take some time to determine the answers to those questions.

Indeed. I actually think it does add value to the game. Aside from flashbangs , being able to mess with your opponents vision so directly is something mostly unexplored in fps. I think BF does this quite well, not only with the flash lights but also with the sun and the suppression effects. It kind of adds a new dimension to the game-play.

Demon Ice

Banned
squidyj said:
So... a piece of kit should be useful on.... one full map and half of another? that seems reasonable to you?

Um, almost every map has darkened indoor areas where it would make sense to use the flashlight. There's a reason that the player is able to toggle it on and off.

Veritas_

Deadly said:
What's this about 32 player version of maps??

Not sure, but it would be awesome if there was some bug going on where every map was playing the 32 player version instead of the proper 64, then Dice just flips a switch and everything is fixed.

:(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, we're having an interesting discussion in the console thread and I figured I'd drag it out here to be heated and have a debate.

The question I'm going to pose to people (and I'd prefer people that spent 500+ hours and got max rank in BC2 for honest answers) is With total destruction "nerfed" in a sense in BF3 for balance reasons. How would you, if you were rebalancing the sandbox for modes rebalance the game for total destruction?

There are people that are disappointed you can't level buildings anymore. And I'm one of them, but DICE gave the reason as "we needed to shift balance from total wasteland that shuts down attack/defense depending on who is doing the damage" and I agree with them. In Rush it was really apparent. In Conquest it was also apparent where people were jumping into buildings and camping there to get kills/defend flags. While that's fun, it becomes old after a bit and not really fun for the people that have to flank and jump/duck/prone through rubble to shoot you to get you of the building.

So yeah: Rebalance the Battlefield sandbox for destruction of total leveling to where it isn't too powerful. How would you do it PC/generalGAF?

iam220

Veritas_ said:
Not sure, but it would be awesome if there was some bug going on where every map was playing the 32 player version instead of the proper 64, then Dice just flips a switch and everything is fixed.

:(

If that's what you want than just play the large conquest maps on servers with 32 players. Same thing.

1stStrike

Banned
MDavis360 said:
Man, losing in this game is a total fucking drag.

When you lose it's usually because your team sucks ass. I absolutely love the games, even when I lose, when the enemy has like 2 tickets left or something similar. It's like, "Fuck, man. That was an intense fight!"

But, when it's like... the enemy team has 150 tickets left? Yeah, fuck that. I bail on those servers pretty quick.

iam220 said:
If that's what you want than just play the large conquest maps on servers with 32 players. Same thing.

That's how I maxed out tanks today. Operation Firestorm on conquest large has a crap ton of tanks, and they respawn almost immediately - so it's just non-stop tank warfare.

iam220

1stStrike said:
That's how I maxed out tanks today. Operation Firestorm on conquest large has a crap ton of tanks, and they respawn almost immediately - so it's just non-stop tank warfare.

Sounds like Heavy Metal from BC2.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
TheSeks said:
So, we're having an interesting discussion in the console thread and I figured I'd drag it out here to be heated and have a debate.

The question I'm going to pose to people (and I'd prefer people that spent 500+ hours and got max rank in BC2 for honest answers) is With total destruction "nerfed" in a sense in BF3 for balance reasons. How would you, if you were rebalancing the sandbox for modes rebalance the game for total destruction?

There are people that are disappointed you can't level buildings anymore. And I'm one of them, but DICE gave the reason as "we needed to shift balance from total wasteland that shuts down attack/defense depending on who is doing the damage" and I agree with them. In Rush it was really apparent. In Conquest it was also apparent where people were jumping into buildings and camping there to get kills/defend flags. While that's fun, it becomes old after a bit and not really fun for the people that have to flank and jump/duck/prone through rubble to shoot you to get you of the building.

So yeah: Rebalance the Battlefield sandbox for destruction of total leveling to where it isn't too powerful. How would you do it PC/generalGAF?

For someone who used to constantly play Rush in BC2, I agree. First thing I did there was go into a tank and destroy the structures so no attacker could hide in them. Cold War's first MCOMs was easily exploitable with this. Same with Arica Harbor's second base.

I do want more destruction, but I also get where DICE is coming from. It would be extremely hard to plant an MCOM as attackers if the map was barren of any cover.

It's also going to be hard for anyone who sees a vehicle without it being instant death.

Maybe add more destruction to buildings but not the ones near MCOMs or Flags?

It's pretty hard to sustain that balance of realism and fun without angering people. Not to mention those who complain about it just because they want to level every building in the game.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
1stStrike said:
When you lose it's usually because your team sucks ass. I absolutely love the games, even when I lose, when the enemy has like 2 tickets left or something similar. It's like, "Fuck, man. That was an intense fight!"

But, when it's like... the enemy team has 150 tickets left? Yeah, fuck that. I bail on those servers pretty quick.

See that's the thing. I want to make my W/L ratio 4:1. It's hovering around the 3.6:1 mark right now, but randoms are pretty much shit at this game.

I alright with losing, but I don't want getting blown out. If we lose by 20 tickets or something, that's alright - but not 150 or more. That means no one was going after shit. Same with Rush. It's such a pain to get people to attack. What with them preserving their K/D like it matters.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
TheSeks said:
Repairable structures and/or the ability to build mobile cover and defenses.

So I've been playing on 360 all week. My 3 buddies at work got the game for PS3 so I figured I'd double dip. Tonight was my first night playing on PS3 and holy shit what a difference. The community sucks ass. My teammates were all -camping from a mile away and not moving to take a flag when the event had all 3 tags taken. No one spotted, no one revived, no one laid ammo. Just fucking awful and incredibly annoying.

Zeppelin

1stStrike said:

Kharg Island is weird like that too. Usually when I roll the tank and get blown up there's a new one spawning with me immediately.

I'm really starting to enjoy Kharg. I only wish people would put down SOFLAMs more often, they would be ideal for a map like Kharg.

Diprosalic said:
GAF maybe this has been posted before but would you kindly click the link and +1 this issue.

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/color_blindness_mode

you see:

EzerK.jpg

this should be a easy fix and it would help me and a lot of others very much.

its blue & green (team / squad) and orangey red (enemy) in game,

i see yellow, and gold/orange, and yellow/yellow in that pic?

im partially colorblind tho (i can pass like 5/6 of the online tests, and the one i have issues with i sorta can connect the dots to see the number).

EDIT: OHHH i get it green/red colorblindness, yeah that stinks, what do colorblind modes usually do, let you select different colors?

Dragnet

snack said:
How do you use it? I just unlocked it last round.

Hide somewhere then select it like any other gadget, you get to fly it around with limitless range it seems, spotting and distracting dudes. With a bit of practice you can roadkill enemies with it too, so fun to roadkill campers :p

snack

Dragnet said:
Hide somewhere then select it like any other gadget, you get to fly it around with limitless range it seems, spotting and distracting dudes. With a bit of practice you can roadkill enemies with it too, so fun to roadkill campers :p
Thanks. I'll give this baby a try!

Dragnet said:

So it is just the UAV from BC2?

mcrae

i dont mind losing in this game. sure, i miss out on 500 points, but that 500 doesnt contribute directly to any specific class or vehicle, and i usually get (in all servers except the gaf server) 3-5k points before ribbons anyways, so its not a large %.

i seem to remember hating losing in modern warefare1/cod4 much more. were the bonuses for winning in those games larger, anyone know?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SapientWolf said:
Repairable structures and/or the ability to build mobile cover and defenses.

A neat idea, but I don't see how "repairing structures" would fit into BF's current sandbox of destruction and it would kinda turn it more into Red Faction than Battlefield. But still a good idea.

Mr_eX

droppedbear said:
Have you tried playing in windowed mode/ what sort of video card are you using? I had similar issues in the beta and I just switched over to playing in windowed mode and it cleared up the issues.

I have a GTX 570 and I've played it almost every day since it launched at tonight was the first time anything like that happened and I had already been playing for a few hours.

1stStrike

Banned
iam220 said:
Sounds like Heavy Metal from BC2.

I like this more than Heavy Metal. It's a much better map.

Zeppelin said:
Kharg Island is weird like that too. Usually when I roll the tank and get blown up there's a new one spawning with me immediately.

I'm really starting to enjoy Kharg. I only wish people would put down SOFLAMs more often, they would be ideal for a map like Kharg.

Roll with me, equip guided shell on your tank, and I'll laser targets for you from the 3rd seat. The tank driver doesn't even need to have it unlocked - I can just get into the 3rd seat in anyone's tank and start lasering targets for them :D

We were on air rape patrol a few hours ago taking out helicopters, and even a jet, with guided shell. It's hilarious on a jet - the shell goes forever and you're like -

"Oh fuck, it missed."

*A few seconds later the jet explodes and points start rolling in*

I was laughing my ass off. Next time I hook up with someone I'm gonna FRAPS it.

Ventrue

In the singleplayer my buddies in "Comrades" are not present. And so they don't breach a critical door. Thoughts?

EDIT: Actually, I don't really care, because the single player is pretty rubbish anyway.

Zeppelin

1stStrike said:
Roll with me, equip guided shell on your tank, and I'll laser targets for you from the 3rd seat. The tank driver doesn't even need to have it unlocked - I can just get into the 3rd seat in anyone's tank and start lasering targets for them :D

Yeah, we should do that. Soldier name is zulustar and I'm on the GAF server from time to time. If you see me there, let me know and we'll make peoples lives a living hell.

1stStrike

Banned
Zeppelin said:
Yeah, we should do that. Soldier name is zulustar and I'm on the GAF server from time to time. If you see me there, let me know and we'll make peoples lives a living hell.

Sounds good. I sent a friend request in battlelog. I don't always play on the GAF server, so feel free to hit me up via the battlelog chat, or just join my game.

Nome

iam220 said:
Indeed. I actually think it does add value to the game. Aside from flashbangs , being able to mess with your opponents vision so directly is something mostly unexplored in fps. I think BF does this quite well, not only with the flash lights but also with the sun and the suppression effects. It kind of adds a new dimension to the game-play.
It's unexplored because it's an awful idea.

Blinding a player in a game with light isn't that far off from blinding a player in real life with light. Imagine if they did the same with your other senses. It's an awful precedent.

Izayoi

Banned
Is there a way to deploy the MAV and have it just hover somewhere or do I need to constantly be babysitting it?

Also, why does the MAV count toward Motion Sensor Assists but the actual Motion Sensor doesn't?

kitch9

Banned
Nome said:
It's unexplored because it's an awful idea.

Blinding a player in a game with light isn't that far off from blinding a player in real life with light. Imagine if they did the same with your other senses. It's an awful precedent.

Jesus the hyperbole over the tact lights is insane, if people find them so useful, just use them yourselves.....

Personally, I prefer ways to make myself less conspicuous on the map so the last thing I'll equip is the Tact light on my main gun over a supressor. I've killed loads of people with laser/lights as you just shoot at the light, its not hard. I roll with the tact light on my secondary as there's a good chance I'll be in close quarters, but any other scenario and its useless IMO.

I hope more people permanently equip them, it'll make my life much easier.

georgc

Mr Sandman said:
Yeah SOFLAM is a lot of fun with javelins and shit, but it's so rare when everything works right with the system.

I wish you could paint anything (ie the building or ground near enemies) and have the javelin lock on and come down. But that makes too much sense.
My problem is that
A: it's a stationary setup that you need to deploy
B: everyone on the opposite team sees you
C: ther unnecessary time to loch on.

It's not practical.

Kein

Neo Member
Anybody encounter an issue where Origin crashes Windows Aero? I cannot have Origin running AT ALL without crashing Windows Aero, and having my pc switch back to basic colors. Win 7 64 bit, Latest Nvidia drivers. I'm really starting to miss my transparencies.

snack

Kein said:
Anybody encounter an issue where Origin crashes Windows Aero? I cannot have Origin running AT ALL without crashing Windows Aero, and having my pc switch back to basic colors. Win 7 64 bit, Latest Nvidia drivers. I'm really starting to miss my transparencies.
Mine does it all the time. I think it may be because I'm alt tabbing too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom