• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitch9

Banned
Man, the amount of people who just let Wall-E drive by and arm the Mcom is unreal..... People just sit and watch it going WTF is that?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
kitch9 said:
Man, the amount of people who just let Wall-E drive by and arm the Mcom is unreal..... People just sit and watch it going WTF is that?

they think "it's a robot, lol"

Izayoi

Banned
Enkidu said:
It's the downside of the stupid unlock system. Not only do you have unlock the weapons, but you get crappy versions of them that you are then forced to use until they become good. Seriously, just kill all this unlock stuff and give us a limited but more balanced set of weapons. I don't think anyone would complain really.
They're fine when you get them barebones. It doesn't take long to unlock attachments, and it's not much of a problem outside of using unscoped sniper rifles.

J-Rock

Banned
KAOz said:
Become Squad Leader, set attack/defend marker on the objective, fly around in circles or something. Watch the points roll in towards your jet. You'll unlock the flares in no time.
Makes everything so much easier.

Good idea. Thanks!

1stStrike

Banned
FStop7 said:
Yes, I disabled Aero because I was so tired of the "Windows has detected slow performance" pop ups.

About weapons, is the A-91 that much better than the SCAR-H?

Run the game as administrator and aero won't crash. It hasn't done that to me since I've been doing that.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Jeeesus finally, have had the worst university week in ages and now I can finally breathe and play some bf. Is euro-gaf up for some fun sessions later this evening?

J-Rock

Banned
Kandrick said:
Yes there is a search filter on consoles, now they just need to add servers that only run one map.

That was mostly my point.

I knew about the server options on the 360 but they don't allow 1 map on infinite repeat.

Corky said:
Jeeesus finally, have had the worst university week in ages and now I can finally breathe and play some bf. Is euro-gaf up for some fun sessions later this evening?

Aye captain. As long as you'll permit my attempts at dive bombing a jet into a tank whilst ejecting and trying to perform a 360 no-scope, you can be on my squad :)

Enkidu

Izayoi said:
They're fine when you get them barebones. It doesn't take long to unlock attachments, and it's not much of a problem outside of using unscoped sniper rifles.
It shouldn't take any time at all is what I'm saying. And you are definitely at a disadvantage against someone who has everything unlocked. Not because of any fault of your own, you couldn't have picked the same loadout as he did just for the simple fact that he has played a lot more than you. It's a stupid system.

Not to say that all unlocks have to disappear, I can see the point in having some weapon unlocks but they shouldn't be upgrades, more like sidegrades and there shouldn't be so many of them.

Twinduct

kitch9 said:

Some people just don't know about it. Hell We had a guy who completely freaked about how the game is bugged and shit, because a 'maphacker' was arming the mcom station the whole time ...

EVIL

FStop7 said:
Yes, I disabled Aero because I was so tired of the "Windows has detected slow performance" pop ups.
I get this constantly, and I don't have a slow pc by any means. the game pushes my card to the limit, giving me occasional artifacts and green flashes and the slow performance popup

Twinduct said:
Some people just don't know about it. Hell We had a guy who completely freaked about how the game is bugged and shit, because a 'maphacker' was arming the mcom station the whole time ...

People in the office are looking at me because I'm laughing so hard. What a fucking retard.

Corky

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Aye captain. As long as you'll permit my attempts at dive bombing a jet into a tank whilst ejecting and trying to perform a 360 no-scope, you can be on my squad :)

I will be your wingman.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
J-Rock said:
That was mostly my point.

I knew about the server options on the 360 but they don't allow 1 map on infinite repeat.

Pretty much. If i can't play 24/7 Karkand on 360, i will finally upgrade my PC i guess, because screw that.

demolitio

So is there ANY difference with the M16A4 compared to the A3 besides no automatic? I know what the real differences are and know why they put it in the game, but surely there's SOME difference to make it worth all those points? I was using it and couldn't tell one difference and I'm not even sure if the textures are different at least.

Just seems silly to use it unless there's some stat difference I don't know about.

Stupid decision to have the A3 in the game anyway...

Nabs

I'm on a mission to hit 2.0 kdr before DICE does something about this IRNV shit.

loblaw said:
So apparently EA support lets you change your soldier name, that's pretty nice. Now if only GAF did...

You'll never know until you ask.

mxgt

Banned
scoobs said:
the F2000 is outrageously overpowered in mp. Just like... how can anyone consider it balanced?

F2000 + foregrip + silencer + IRNV = you're basically hacking. I have almost 1000 kills with this combination now and it really needs to be toned down.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
mxgt said:
F2000 + foregrip + silencer + IRNV = you're basically hacking. I have almost 1000 kills with this combination now and it really needs to be toned down.

If anything, the IRNV needs the nerf hammer the most.

Corky

Kandrick said:
If anything, the IRNV needs the nerf hammer the most.

I'm way out of the loop, but I'm guessing IRNV stands for infra-red night vision, but in which situation? Weapon mod? Vehicle mod?

Audioboxer

Finding this harder than BC2, which I wasn't that good at at all, but I seemed to get to grips with it quicker.

Focusing on engineer to try and get myself some experience, don't know if I should just switch to assault?

Ferga

kitch9 said:

I once saw one of those slaughter 5 camping snipers on my team. It was hilarious.

Manager

Speaking of silencer, how much loss of accuracy is it? Does it make it impossible to shoot long distance targets?

Also, I never see a Support running around with the PKP even though you get it at level ~9. Only M249. Has it been nerfed after beta or...?

mxgt

Banned
Corky said:
I'm way out of the loop, but I'm guessing IRNV stands for infra-red night vision, but in which situation? Weapon mod? Vehicle mod?

It's a scope that has zero downsides and gives you predator vision. It needs to be removed or severely nerfed.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Corky said:

Weapon mod. Works way too well, even in broad daylight. It's way overpowered right now, there is almost no disadvantages.

Orgun

The only changes i'd like to see are - IRNV removed or have the vision range significantly reduced, and I wish the hooah button on Battlelog had an audio cue to go with it :p Like a really unenthusiastic hooah too

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
mxgt said:
Pretty much, it's so stupid :lol

Corky

Kandrick said:
Weapon mod. Works way too well, even in broad daylight. It's way overpowered right now, there is almost no disadvantages.
mxgt said:
It's a scope that has zero downsides and gives you predator vision. It needs to be removed or severely nerfed.

God damn :/ that sounds messed up.

Orgun said:
The only changes i'd like to see are - IRNV removed or have the vision range significantly reduced, and I wish the hooah button on Battlelog had an audio cue to go with it :p Like a really unenthusiastic hooah too
With me hooahing everything on your profile, I agree.

mxgt

Banned
I might just replace my F2000 supressor with a flashlight to become the most annoying player anyone could ever go up against.

Ubersnug

Can anyone confirm this, was reading the battlefield 3 wiki and it states that the SOFLAM is a set up weapon (like the mortar), can be used remotely like the EOD Bot but can also work semi-autonomously if the recon player isn't connected to it.

Is this true? If so, how well does it target and track targets?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The IRNV is basically a hack on any gun. It's amazing. And sadly, by making it such a late unlock for the guns, unless someone decides to stick with one gun and only one gun for a while, most people won't get it and will be at a significant disadvantage.

Dina

firehawk12 said:
The IRNV is basically a hack on any gun. It's amazing. And sadly, by making it such a late unlock for the guns, unless someone decides to stick with one gun and only one gun for a while, most people won't get it and will be at a significant disadvantage.

100 kills is nothing. I have 7 guns with a star. It should have been the last unlock considering how good it is. I even stopped using it because it makes things too easy and unfun.

Rainy Dog

I feel like I'm hampering myself if I don't equip the IRNV but, honestly, I don't want to be picking off orange silhouettes on a dark green background either. Such a stupid thing to have in the game.

Aside from removing it altogether, I'm trying to think of ways it can be left in but balanced somehow. Perhaps increase ADS time even more, add more sway and make it so it increases recoil tenfold. At least MW2's thermal scope had crazy recoil and a perk that could counter it.

I really love the core gameplay of BF3 but there's alot of niggles that are becoming harder to overlook so I can just simply enjoy it. I can only hope that they just didn't have time to balance and fine tune everything and they'll be making a ton of tweaks and alterations over the coming weeks and months.

Binabik15

Ubersnug said:
Can anyone confirm this, was reading the battlefield 3 wiki and it states that the SOFLAM is a set up weapon (like the mortar), can be used remotely like the EOD Bot but can also work semi-autonomously if the recon player isn't connected to it.

Is this true? If so, how well does it target and track targets?

Yes, it is. There was a SOFLAM guide posted earlier in this thread, search for it on youtube, maybe, I don´t have the link. As I understand it, it tracks everything in a certain viewing field AND does so totally autonomous. You can pick it up and carry it elsewhere or remote controll it´s viewing angle.

I´m installing my copy now, fuck yeah! Came back from uni and the mail man was one house over. Went inside and one copy was there, yay. The other one might be still underway, seems like Game ships everything seperate?

So hyyyyyyped.

PS: In the beta I liked the IRNV, but it wasn´t that great in bright outdoor areas, IMO, and no zoom hurts. I was killing quite well with it inside the metro station with the PP2000, but outdoors I went with the holo.

PPS: ZOMG I´m installing super spyware on my brother´s pc! That EULA will get fucked so hard here in Germany, don´t mess with privacy or user right´s, ze germans don´t like that. Luckily, this is a very new and non-CC and tax sheets hoarding pc.

ElyrionX

Rahk said:
I've tried dropping vertically on a prone sniper but it seems to do nothing. You need some horizontal motion, pretty much going at full speed. Aim for the middle or top half of their body. I've managed to kill a few prone players by flying forwards at full speed then going slightly downwards when I'm just behind them. It's easiest to kill people who aren't moving, or are moving in a straight line ahead.

Also, since you were looking for some recon tips earlier take a look at some of Sacriel42's sniper videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIVTSa5uI8Y

Thanks for the link. Will check it out in a bit.

Also what do you think of attaching the taclight to the sniper rifle? The idea is that since scope glint is going to make you stick out no matter where you are, the taclight would help obscure your upper body and head, making it harder for people to snipe you. It would also help your survivability in close encounters if you get caught off guard. Honestly, it sounds like there is almost no downside to this.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The singleplayer campaign is so average. Im kinda disappointed to be honest.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
All this talk of the IRNV makes me want to unlock it so bad just to see what all the fuss is about. Time to grind on the SCAR since I'm the closest with that gun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
The singleplayer campaign is so average. Im kinda disappointed to be honest.
Yeah I even ended up liking Bad Company 2 SP more, haha!

Rainy Dog said:
I feel like I'm hampering myself if I don't equip the IRNV but, honestly, I don't want to be picking off orange silhouettes on a dark green background either. Such a stupid thing to have in the game.

Aside from removing it altogether, I'm trying to think of ways it can be left in but balanced somehow. Perhaps increase ADS time even more, add more sway and make it so it increases recoil tenfold. At least MW2's thermal scope had crazy recoil and a perk that could counter it.

I really love the core gameplay of BF3 but there's alot of niggles that are becoming harder to overlook so I can just simply enjoy it. I can only hope that they just didn't have time to balance and fine tune everything and they'll be making a ton of tweaks and alterations over the coming weeks and months.

They could add in a stealth camo option so you blend into the background instead of glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom