• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ii Stryker said:
Someone just erased everything on the document...wtf?!?

I reverted it, but not most of the damage is undone. Again: Make the document to where only certain registered users can edit it. Not EVERYONE.

I TRUSTED YOU GAF

I can't find a way to restrict access without having to give individual access to people. How do I restrict it so users have to sign in to actually edit it?

TheSeks

Anton Sugar said:
I TRUSTED YOU GAF

I can't find a way to restrict access without having to give individual access to people. How do I restrict it so users have to sign in to actually edit it?

I can't honestly tell you that since I don't use Google Doc's much but it should be in the help files?

Rezbit

Sigh, I dunno if it's just me, but no other game crashes as much as this. I worried that it was overheating my pc or something, but it seems within normal levels. The game just makes a buzzing gun sound then crashes. Couple of times a night usually. Love the gameplay but this is starting to annoy me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Vanishing RPGs is my biggest current gripe with this shit...

Also how about a bloody chat option inbetween rounds? Remember multiplayer games guys? Where the chatoption had an actual function instead of being an obtrusive annoying wall o' whine/swears? Remember?

TheSeks

Megasoum said:
Free BF3 Dogtags!

You can get 5 new dog tags if you watch the trailer for the Act of Valor movie on http://actofvalor.com/bf3/.

Once the video is done you choose your platform and you enter your origin infos..voilà! Free stuff!

Old.

I really need to see how well Stealth works on Jets, but I'm too fearful of high level jet players in games. D:

Klocker

rance said:
I hope this becomes a trend. Being able to filter servers to Northeast US/Conquest/20+ rather than doing some dumb matchmaking service is too good.

yea so long as there is auto start games that all fill up. nothing worse form last gen of waiting in a lobby for some ass clown to grab another beer and a piss and let his dog out before he (the king) can decide it's time to play another round.

BF3 has the best of both worlds

TheSeks said:
I can't honestly tell you that since I don't use Google Doc's much but it should be in the help files?

Nuts. I'll take a look. I know GAF had great success with having a communal Google+ document, so I assumed we'd be mature enough for a BF3 one.

Rezbit said:
Sigh, I dunno if it's just me, but no other game crashes as much as this. I worried that it was overheating my pc or something, but it seems within normal levels. The game just makes a buzzing gun sound then crashes. Couple of times a night usually. Love the gameplay but this is starting to annoy me.

I personally haven't had any problems like this, but this thread has a lot of information on tweaks and crash solutions.

Also, a great in-depth guide for the graphics settings/tweaks here.

EDIT: Okay, not as in-depth as I thought, but interesting findings:

When it comes to adjusting the motion blur and shadows, there is actually very little impact on the performance. We tested both these settings separately on multiple online maps and there were only a few instances where increasing the shadow quality impacted the overall performance. So, during gameplay, the overall shadow quality is not going to reduce performance dramatically, unless you are in a highly shadowed area, and even then the drop frame rate drop will only be around 5-10%.

Motion blur reacts similarly: there is absolutely no discernable performance impact at any point. Visuals are clearer with it disabled, of course, but this is down to personal preference.

HBAO seems to take more of a toll on our system than SSAO with only a slight edge over the latter in graphical fidelity. As such, SSAO the better option in our opinion. This only applies to gamers who are manually adjusting the settings though, as both the high and ultra presets use HBAO by default. It's worth experimenting with high and ultra custom settings in this regard; trading HBAO for SSAO means you may be able to turn a few other settings from high to ultra and still come out on top, when you otherwise might not be able to.

Cyborg said:
No way.
Most important
1. servers
2. squads
3. controles

Come on now... Are you just trying to bitch as much as possible or? There are still terrible bugs in the game but it has been improved a lot from the beta, not sure how anyone can argue that it hasn't.

Heysoos

shagg_187 said:
Yep. I would like that too and would also love preorder bonus-thingy! D:

What did you buy BF3 on? (360/PC/PS3) If you have the 360 one, Amazon sent me an extra code for the pre-order dog tags.

rance said:
The input lag thing sounds like a huge problem. Which platform got that?

PS3

Heysoos

Oh geez. Just saw the Dog tags Dr Pepper is offering. Instead of buying an apple juice from the machines in the morning when I get to campus, I guess I'm going to be buying Dr Pepper. :D

ShaneB

This is my first Battlefield game, and it's been a blast, but man I need to group up with some of you 360 folks. What a bore this game is knowing it's such a large scale game, but so desolate when no one is chatting. In 2 days of playing, I've heard one person.

Thanks for the Google spreadsheets doc as well, definitely need that stuff as a battlefield beginner.

I can't edit that Google Docs, but someone who can should say under mines to plant yours by enemy ones. They'll look at the radar and think they're all theirs.

TheSeks

Foliorum Viridum said:
I can't edit that Google Docs, but someone who can should say under mines to plant yours by enemy ones. They'll look at the radar and think they're all theirs.

Oh ho ho. That's sneaky. I wonder if I can do that without getting caught during the set up.

Heysoos

ShaneB said:
This is my first Battlefield game, and it's been a blast, but man I need to group up with some of you 360 folks. What a bore this game is knowing it's such a large scale game, but so desolate when no one is chatting. In 2 days of playing, I've heard one person.

Thanks for the Google spreadsheets doc as well, definitely need that stuff as a battlefield beginner.

Feel free to send me a friend request! Usually, it's me and 2 other friends playing so we're always looking for a fourth anyways.

GT: TW Jayzoos

Also, if anyone wants a 360 Amazon Pre-Order bonus code, hit me up with a PM.

AndyD

aka andydumi
TheSeks said:
Oh ho ho. That's sneaky. I wonder if I can do that without getting caught during the set up.

Of course. Most people plant and walk off. Unlike C4 which you have to set off, mines you can lay and leave.

I sometimes lay them at a good spot, then go to where I am more needed. Every once in a while I get a little "vehicle disabled" and smile.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
AndyD said:
Of course. Most people plant and walk off. Unlike C4 which you have to set off, mines you can lay and leave.

I sometimes lay them at a good spot, then go to where I am more needed. Every once in a while I get a little "vehicle disabled" and smile.

Seeing "Vehicle Disabled", "Vehicle Destroyed", "Enemy Killed", after running over a mine I set down 5 minutes ago is one of my favorite moments in Battlefield 3.

I can't help but fuckyea.jpg.

FerranMG

Can you use Battlelog alright?

I'm having a lot of problems setting up an EA account (or reusing my old one), and whenever I try to log into Battlelog, it says I have to buy the game. :/

TheSeks

XiaNaphryz said:
Can't you just go and switch it back?

Yes, with the third seat person or the loadout screen... after you die for that one, anyway.

ShaneB

Heysoos said:
Feel free to send me a friend request! Usually, it's me and 2 other friends playing so we're always looking for a fourth anyways.

GT: TW Jayzoos

Also, if anyone wants a 360 Amazon Pre-Order bonus code, hit me up with a PM.

Will do! Thanks!

I'm also on the GAF BF3 tag if that makes things easier.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Oh I didn't see that. For some reason when I click the link the top of the document is "General Infantry" which is really odd.

Hmmm, the table of contents is right above General Infantry...I'll remove that, maybe it's bugging out.

mingus

RbBrdMan said:
Seeing "Vehicle Disabled", "Vehicle Destroyed", "Enemy Killed", after running over a mine I set down 5 minutes ago is one of my favorite moments in Battlefield 3.

Running over a mine, then on the killcam I'm watching the guy set down more mines on the other side of the map.

I can't help but FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Kylehimself said:
Can't say I've had trouble against people with the IRNV. I don't use it myself either, I have it unlocked for 4 guns and I used it once. I wasn't too impressed, at first I thought it was great because people stuck out like sore thumbs, but I don't know, it didn't do much for me.

Same here. There's too many other things going or that need to be done to sit back and use the IRNV exclusively.

Dave1988

Megasoum said:
Free BF3 Dogtags!

You can get 5 new dog tags if you watch the trailer for the Act of Valor movie on http://actofvalor.com/bf3/.

Once the video is done you choose your platform and you enter your origin infos..voilà! Free stuff!

Watched the trailer and got the code but when I try to enter it on PSN it gives me the "this code may be invalid or used" message. Did anyone here have similar problems with redeeming their dogtags? For reference, I'm an Euro PS3 user.

RbBrdMan said:

i like when it happens long after I forgot I even set them down. i have sometimes seen the killspam and thought, "wtf was that a bug or something?"

Enkidu

Foliorum Viridum said:
You do realize that this will fuck over your own team as well?

MotionBlue said:
Would anyone be interested in a "Physical Warfare Pack" code? Had excess at work so I nabbed them before they were tossed.

Edit: They're for PC only

One for my friend would be greatly appreciated. Wait are these PS3 or 360? I'd need a PS3 one.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
MotionBlue said:
Would anyone be interested in a "Physical Warfare Pack" code? Had excess at work so I nabbed them before they were tossed.

Edit: They're for PC only
I'll take one if there is any left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom