• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

gl0w

Anton Sugar said:
PS3. They're gonna lose a lot of new customers if they don't get a patch out soon.

Well, i'm playing on PS3 and after many many hours on it, i didn't notice any issues with Aiming. My stats can reflect that :p

KAOz

Short bus special
Dave1988 said:
Watched the trailer and got the code but when I try to enter it on PSN it gives me the "this code may be invalid or used" message. Did anyone here have similar problems with redeeming their dogtags? For reference, I'm an Euro PS3 user.

Did the same. Was pissed off and confused.

Read the little blurb underneath. Yeah. US only. As usual.

Fuck.

iam220

PaNaMa said:
On Caspian Border, like in the bright mid day sun, flashlights absolutely devastate.
My rods and cones!! Nevermind that my soldier is wearing shades, nevermind the GIANT BRIGHT ORANGE FLAME IN THE SKY MAKING IT DAY TIME. Someone with a flashlight taped to his gun standing 25m away from me COMPLETELY blinds me with it.

In broad daylight on the sunniest day of the year.

FIX it DICE, WTF.

25 feet you mean?

Enkidu said:
You do realize that this will fuck over your own team as well?
... I never considered that at all.

Okay, maybe DON'T add that, then. I'm going to stop doing it. I was so chuffed I was being a sneaky bastard I never thought it worked both ways, haha.

Nice catch :)

Binabik15

What the FUCK is wrong with this game? WHAT? WHAT?!

I shot a guy in the back with the DAO 12 FIVE times from about ten meters and he doesn´t die?! People with Scars go through me in like half a second? I´m ALWAYS on the loosing team?

This isn´t starting pains, I feel like I have been hit over the head and had my fingers broken. WTF. Skill negative -126 and hardly any kills, how can I get WORSE than in the first few rounds. Those last couple of servers weren´t nice to me, at all. I was shown a good ping, but nothing I do has effect.

iam220

RbBrdMan said:
Seeing "Vehicle Disabled", "Vehicle Destroyed", "Enemy Killed", after running over a mine I set down 5 minutes ago is one of my favorite moments in Battlefield 3.

I can't help but fuckyea.jpg.

For me it's sneaking up on a tank and putting C4 on it. I'm always so giddy as I'm running away to a safe distance before setting it off. Although getting killed before you had a chance to detonate is one of the most infuriating things ever.

KAOz

Short bus special
Kandrick said:
Not US only. Worked fine for me in Europe.

on the 360

Shit, you're right.

Just re-read the little thing aswell, it was speaking about the EULA I think. Weird. Then, why don't our codes work? :(

mingus

Binabik15 said:
What the FUCK is wrong with this game? WHAT? WHAT?!

I shot a guy in the back with the DAO 12 FIVE times from about ten meters and he doesn´t die?! People with Scars go through me in like half a second? I´m ALWAYS on the loosing team?

This isn´t starting pains, I feel like I have been hit over the head and had my fingers broken. WTF. Skill negative -126 and hardly any kills, how can I get WORSE than in the first few rounds. Those last couple of servers weren´t nice to me, at all. I was shown a good ping, but nothing I do has effect.
I've had this happen a couple times. Sitting in a humvee gunner seat and an enemy strolls by, so I start shooting him. Blood splattering everywhere, he realizes he is getting hit, starts turning around. Meanwhile, I'm unloading a second round of bullets into him. He realizes I'm in the humvee, casually takes out his rpg. I'm getting confused, so I get out and unload a full clip into his cheating ass. By now I realize he's got some invincibility hack going as he calmly takes out his scar and shoots me to death.

Second time, my squad and I are running along a fence when we see an enemy on the other side. The three of us on one side start firing at him, but he doesn't die. Our fourth squad member managed to flank him and knifed him. This bit confused me too; fences instantly destruct upon knifing, but we can't shoot through them? Or was this guy cheating too?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
KAOz said:
Shit, you're right.

Just re-read the little thing aswell, it was speaking about the EULA I think. Weird. Then, why don't our codes work? :(

Because the codes are indeed probably region locked. On the 360, you don't have to enter any code though, you just pick the console after watching the trailer, and you get them automatically next time you play the game.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
iam220 said:
For me it's sneaking up on a tank and putting C4 on it. I'm always so giddy as I'm running away to a safe distance before setting it off. Although getting killed before you had a chance to detonate is one of the most infuriating things ever.

Yea, this also. There have been many times where I know I will get killed trying to runn away so instead I turn into a suicide bomber. It still feels good, especially when there is more than 1 person in the vehicle.

mingus said:
I've had this happen a couple times. Sitting in a humvee gunner seat and an enemy strolls by, so I start shooting him. Blood splattering everywhere, he realizes he is getting hit, starts turning around. Meanwhile, I'm unloading a second round of bullets into him. He realizes I'm in the humvee, casually takes out his rpg. I'm getting confused, so I get out and unload a full clip into his cheating ass. By now I realize he's got some invincibility hack going as he calmly takes out his scar and shoots me to death.

Second time, my squad and I are running along a fence when we see an enemy on the other side. The three of us on one side start firing at him, but he doesn't die. Our fourth squad member managed to flank him and knifed him. This bit confused me too; fences instantly destruct upon knifing, but we can't shoot through them? Or was this guy cheating too?

I think two things are happening. I know on one of the other pages, some 360 users mentioned finding cheaters who don't take any damage whatsoever.

Not being able to shoot through fences is a bug. I noticed the same thing with the rooftop glass ceiling for the dock warehouse in Canals. Even with the glass shattered, I couldn't shoot and kill two guys below me.

Nizz

gl0w said:
Well, i'm playing on PS3 and after many many hours on it, i didn't notice any issues with Aiming. My stats can reflect that :p
That's cool you're fine with the controls, but they definitely need to take care of that deadzone/input lag problem. A lot of people mentioned that the aiming is off. I'd love to be talking in this thread about some cool Battlefield moments I might be having, but the PS3 version's aiming is frustrating.

Right now, for me the game is nothing more than a $60 coaster...

So have the server side changes on the console side fixed any of the lag and rubberbanding like zh1nt0 stated?

Tehran was the worst. But since launch lag and rubberbanding have steadily gotten worse on 360 in most every game I get into.

ii Stryker said:
So have the server side changes on the console side fixed any of the lag and rubberbanding like zh1nt0 stated?

Tehran was the worst. But since launch lag and rubberbanding have steadily gotten worse on 360 in most every game I get into.

I think it's a legit fix. I'm on PC but they applied the same patch, I believe. I tried a random 64-player Tehran match last night and it was very smooth. We also played Tehran on the GAF server last night, though mistakenly played the 3 flag version but with 64 players (lol). No rubber-banding.

I don't even think we experienced rubber-banding in a full Caspian server last night, which usually gets intermittent rubber-banding.

iam220

KingOfKong said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

now i have the ready to install loop bug. any fix to that or do i have to redownload this game for the third time?

Don't do repair installs (in origin), they're unlikely to fix stuff unless you have some kind of data corruption (rare). If your game suddenly stops working try removing config files instead typically found somewhere in your "Documents & Settings" folder. Or just wait it out, since connection issues are often related to the master server being flooded/down.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
KingOfKong said:
i like when it happens long after I forgot I even set them down. i have sometimes seen the killspam and thought, "wtf was that a bug or something?"

Do the mines persist through death?

Calibur said:
Every offer seems to be US (considering DICE is European company), was there any UK/EU exclusives or promotions?

I am pissed we did not get the 10 dog tags through pre-ordering on Origin.

PaNaMa

Banned
iam220 said:
25 feet you mean?

Well, 100 feet easy. Maybe 25m was overstating the distance a little.

Try going out into a field at high noon on a sunny day with a friend. Bring a mag lite.
Try standing 100 feet away from him, and shine your mag light towards him. How does he react? Is he blinded?

Try it again in increments of 10 feet, so at 100, 90, 80, all the way to 10 feet.

At what point does your friend become completely and totally blind of all forward and peripheral vision when you shine your mag light at him? At what distance does he lose all vision of his environment completely, as if starting at a nuclear detonation or super nova?

My guess is, in broad daylight, even at 10 feet he is not *utterly* blinded by your mag lite.

This is COD style lameness. Like exploding remote control cars have nothing on this.
DICE has got to clean that shit up.

TheSeks said:
Yes. Spawn Beacons, T-UGS, Mortars don't. Mines do.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's different on consoles. I've killed people and their actual mortar remains. As a recon, I will regularly place a Radio Beacon, die, then spawn on the Beacon until it's destroyed.

well i figured out how to fix the ready to install loop bug in case anybody else gets it. navigate to your battlefield 3 folder and inside of it there will be a folder called _Installer. Remove that folder and re-open Origin and click install. It will download a little bit of info and you will be fixed up and ready to play.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
really disappointed that there hasn't been a minor patch out to address key bind problems ect before a major patch.

They shipped it with broken controls and still haven't fixed it and its almost 10days.
Sucks to buy this game and be sitting hear day after day not playing waiting for the controls to be fixed...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anton Sugar said:
Hmmm, I wonder if it's different on consoles. I've killed people and their actual mortar remains. As a recon, I will regularly place a Radio Beacon, die, then spawn on the Beacon until it's destroyed.

Spawn Beacon's on PS3 for me die if I respawn on them. They won't otherwise unless someone else places a beacon AFAIK.

I dunno about Mortars, I know they don't if you respawn as the class and bring it out to reset it.

Rawker

PaNaMa said:

Try going out into a field at high noon on a sunny day with a friend. Bring a mag lite.
Try standing 100 feet away from him, and shine your mag light towards him. How does he react? Is he blinded?

Try it again in increments of 10 feet, so at 100, 90, 80, all the way to 10 feet.

At what point does your friend become completely and totally blind of all forward and peripheral vision when you shine your mag light at him? At what distance does he lose all vision of his environment completely, as if starting at a nuclear detonation or super nova?

My guess is, in broad daylight, even at 10 feet he is not *utterly* blinded by your mag lite.

This is COD style lameness. Like exploding remote control cars have nothing on this.

yeah it would be nice to see a sort of transparency to the effect during daylight so that it's not so strong.

Does this fucking game ever mix up teams after the match is over? If start playing game and my team gets steamrolled, I'm always stuck with the same crappy players and getting destroyed match after match. I think I'm currently on a nine game losing streak... fucking hell.

TheSeks said:
Spawn Beacon's on PS3 for me die if I respawn on them. They won't otherwise unless someone else places a beacon AFAIK.

I dunno about Mortars, I know they don't if you respawn as the class and bring it out to reset it.

Think you're right on them dying if you respawn on them...makes sense, now that I think of it.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I can't edit that Google Docs, but someone who can should say under mines to plant yours by enemy ones. They'll look at the radar and think they're all theirs.
But so will your team...

edit: i see someone else beat me with that. How do people have Physical Whatever codes for PC by the way? Did it not download automatically with the Origin version?

Mikasangelos said:
add Claymores to dont list.

I think you can set a max of 3, though? The first disappears after you lay more, or something like that...

Metalmurphy said:
How does the third seat work?

Can spot/paint targets. GAF was using it to good effect last night, painting vehicles AND aircraft and taking them out with the guided shell. I think they got a few choppers and a jet.

Miggytronz

Anton Sugar said:
I think you can set a max of 3, though? The first disappears after you lay more, or something like that...

2 claymores Max.

Which im cool with but im more annoyed that you hold 1, then you have to throw ammo down to get the 2nd done. Just load me with 2 and be done DICE.

J-Rzez

Even though they're dealt with rather quickly, it's getting annoying how many cheaters/hackers are in games even with PB on. If you have to rely on admins to kick people, why even have PB if all it's doing is causing issues for normal gamers more often than not?

Anton Sugar said:
Can spot/paint targets. GAF was using it to good effect last night, painting vehicles AND aircraft and taking them out with the guided shell. I think they got a few choppers and a jet.

Paint as in, the same way the SOFLAM works?

J-Rzez said:
Even though they're dealt with rather quickly, it's getting annoying how many cheaters/hackers are in games even with PB on. If you have to rely on admins to kick people, why even have PB if all it's doing is causing issues for normal gamers more often than not?
Find a server with a third party anti cheat program. Works wonders.

kendrid

Banned
Rabbitweed said:
Does this fucking game ever mix up teams after the match is over? If start playing game and my team gets steamrolled, I'm always stuck with the same crappy players and getting destroyed match after match. I think I'm currently on a nine game losing streak... fucking hell.

It does not appear to mix them up. Last night a friend & I were playing against a bunch of level 30 guys. After two rounds and the game not mixing us up we left the server.

Rabbitweed said:

Bwahahahahahaha.

In 15 games I have been on the winning side once. That's 1 time. 1.

Am I the only one getting weird performance with this game?

HD5850 Xtreme. Latest drivers. Last night, I played on Kharg Island with all Ultra, 2xMSAA, Low PAA, Motion Blur on, no Vsync, and averaged like 45FPS, going 35FPS at the very worst. 48 players.

I played again tonight and what the hell. I spawned in a corner of a map with virtually no one in wide vicinity and could BARELY maintain 30FPS. I drop my settings all the way to Medium and it still only gives me like 40FPS. Same server with 48 players too.

Nothing else eating my CPU or GPU either.

iam220

PaNaMa said:

Well there is no reason why it has to be realistic, BF3 is not a realistic game. That aside, a mag lite =/= a tactical light. My buddy has a cheap tactical light and it really is quite powerful, I remember being easily blinded by it. Having that thing shined in your face really is like looking at the sun.

I'm not going to claim that the way it is implemented in BF3 now is completely realistic, but I feel like its a legit game-play mechanic. I know that games don't typically mess with your senses like that and many gamers hate the idea of it, but I guess I'm able to see it in a different light. (hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom