• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the third time, last night all my HUD elements drop completely off screen. I spawn, and have this beautiful clutter free screen but have no fucking clue what is going on. I can generally tell enemies and friendlies by their uniforms, but I could find the objective, couldn't tell who was in what vehicle, no hit markers no spot indications, nothing. When I died, I was stuck at the blue spawn screen with no words or menu or anything, just a blue blurry overview of the erm... battlefield.

This was on PS3, but it happened a few times in the beta and at least three times in the patched final product. When I hit my PS home button, the graphic overlay would flicker and not show properly. This has only happened with this game. Should I be worried about my PS3, or is this likely Battlefield being Battlefield?

Aeonin

BiggStankDogg said:
For the third time, last night all my HUD elements drop completely off screen. I spawn, and have this beautiful clutter free screen but have no fucking clue what is going on. I can generally tell enemies and friendlies by their uniforms, but I could find the objective, couldn't tell who was in what vehicle, no hit markers no spot indications, nothing. When I died, I was stuck at the blue spawn screen with no words or menu or anything, just a blue blurry overview of the erm... battlefield.

This was on PS3, but it happened a few times in the beta and at least three times in the patched final product. When I hit my PS home button, the graphic overlay would flicker and not show properly. This has only happened with this game. Should I be worried about my PS3, or is this likely Battlefield being Battlefield?

Happened to me about 3 times, its Battlefield.

RbBrdMan said:
I really enjoy following my squad mates around the map dropping ammo, spotting people, and taking out people. I think this is a lost art as I rarely ever see anyone following me.

Perhaps the people I am following are annoyed by me doing that but, dealwithit.jpg. Since that is the way a Battlefield game should be played.

Absolutely. I think it's really fun. Maybe it's the sense of self-importance.

"I HAVE to stay alive to provide covering fire and resupply!"
lol.gif

BiggStankDogg said:

This happened to me once on PC. Think it's a known bug.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yea that no HUD thing happens to me from time to time. I actually don't mind it much at all it really makes me feel more aware and closer to the action, for at least that life.

I've played the game enough that I know where all the flags are and can pick out enemies pretty easily. Then when I die the dream is dead and I have Objective icons ruining my view again.

I still haven't unlocked the flares for the Jets despite having crashed or been destroyed in 15+ jets. I've just gotten the hang of the controls, but with the 10s of people carrying SAMs or people in Jets with missiles, I'm having a hard time avoiding missiles and getting points. DICE realyl should've had a single-player jet mission or a tutorial mode in MP. It's rather infuriating having that entire facet of the game "unavailable".

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haha, that no HUD thing didn't happen to me, but on PS3 on Caspin Border I climb over a small fence and suddenly can't go prone or see my gun. I can see still my aiming notification and fire the gun and got about two or three kills while in this disabled mode. But I go "prone" and suddenly am in molasses. Stand up and walk, can't even sprint. Was weird.

Yes, engineer + support combo is match made in heaven.

Support + Medic with Grenade Launcher = trollface.jpg

Mothman91

Is there any official word on buffs/nerfs on the guns? Heard lots of people saying stuff about the Scar, but want to clarify for myself..

No official announcements, but from dev tweets:

-SCAR/7.62mm rounds are being nerfed
-Pistols will be buffed
-Jets, in some way, will be buffed OR stingers will be nerfed
-UMP will be buffed

BiggStankDogg said:

Happened too me last night as well. PS3. Killed by an enemy and once I was revived, I had no HUD. Something I would love (at least a less cluttered, just the important stuff) but I had to quit the game through XMB as I couldn't deploy after that or quit the game normally.

EVIL

ooh, pistol buffs, nice. Already felt I had to fire the thing way to often in order to get a kill.

You really see a ton of engineers but they all use their scar and run around like they are assault. Get your ass behind my tank and repair dammit, if I blow up they get 250 points

Reminded me off BC2, when everyone used the medic class as assault, gunning you from across the map with their m60's.

Mothman91

Anton Sugar said:

-Pistols will be buffed
-UMP will be buffed
Yeah, there was a reason why I felt the UMP was a bit tad weak from the beta. But that was me, might go back to it if it does actually happen.

Miggytronz

little tip to add to that GOOGLE DOC Guide.

If you plan on hopping into a jet and your squad leader, spot a point for your squad to take. Earn points while your just flying around!

iam220

I would like to see the cannons on the jets to be massively buffed vs infantry, give it some crazy splash damage or something. So it can do strafing runs on objectives or spotted enemies.

iam220 said:
I would like to see the cannons on the jets to be massively buffed vs infantry, give it some crazy splash damage or something. So it can do strafing runs on objectives or spotted enemies.

Yeah, I'm not jet master, but I find it's nearly impossible to do anything against ground units or vehicles.

Giving that a slight buff would be a good way to buff the jets I think.

I don't want to see the stingers nerfed, they are already pretty useless now that most pilots of jets and helicopters have flares.

A.R.K

I am playing the SP for now on hard and enjoying it but the A.I is so atrocious...its either too dumb at some instances or they make you act like a bullet magnet for the enemies, so every bullet gets to you. And the enemies always know where the fuck you are at all the time even if you are not visible to them. One more thing I noticed if you are behind some cover and you can aim at the enemies clearly through some small opening/crack from the cover, the bullets never reach the enemy. You have to stand way back from the cover to shoot the enemies. WTF!

Fortunately, the shooting mechanics are so good that I am still enjoying the SP bar all the frustration. Could have been so much better if the A.I was better.

Have the said any thing about patching the squad system and mic issues on the PS3?

Marvie_3

Banned
Anton Sugar said:

-Pistols will be buffed
-UMP will be buffed
I haven't really had a problem with the UMP the way it is. I've been able to dish out plenty of damage with it.

metalshade

scoobs said:
positive, happens only in team death match on PC for me. Its really super weird.
Well maybe its a sign, it is battlefield after all, not sure why you would be playing TDM...
I kid I kid!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
garbage fucking game crashing more times than all of my 200 steam games combined.....

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mikasangelos said:
little tip to add to that GOOGLE DOC Guide.

If you plan on hopping into a jet and your squad leader, spot a point for your squad to take. Earn points while your just flying around!
I did that yesterday and finally unlocked the heat seekers, and got my first jet kill. Now I don't feel useless in the sky.

Chaos

RibbedHero said:
I still haven't unlocked the flares for the Jets despite having crashed or been destroyed in 15+ jets. I've just gotten the hang of the controls, but with the 10s of people carrying SAMs or people in Jets with missiles, I'm having a hard time avoiding missiles and getting points. DICE realyl should've had a single-player jet mission or a tutorial mode in MP. It's rather infuriating having that entire facet of the game "unavailable".

I think if you search for a server with 1 player start and conquest, landing the jet near a few capture points will unlock stuff.

BiggStankDogg said:

happens to me everday once on pc.

AndyD

aka andydumi
OdysseusVA said:
Have DICE stated anything about fixing the delay in between sprinting from prone?

What issue is this? Going from prone to stand up and sprint? Or the opposite, dolphin diving?

Anton Sugar said:

-Pistols will be buffed
-UMP will be buffed

Ugh. Only one of these things is necessary.

OdysseusVA said:
Have DICE stated anything about fixing the delay in between sprinting from prone?

Do you realize how retarded it would look/play if you could instantly transition from prone to sprint? That's some anime shit right there.

Also, AEK-971 + IRNV + Suppressor + Foregrip = lots of fun.

Just wish it wasn't such a bitch to hit people long range. Gun has a lot of recoil... and it seems like the game is rather imprecise with mouse inputs.

Enosh

KingOfKong said:
another bug... ugh. my HUD is gone. I cant see my health, ammo, etc. only chat window and map
do you die in one shoot to?
hardcore servers remove your HP and ammo count iirc

Enosh said:
do you die in one shoot to?
hardcore servers remove your HP and ammo count iirc

hmmm i didn't notice dying any quicker and it was on two seperate servers. i will try another to see if i accidently went in two hardcore servers. thanks for the heads up.

*edit* yep that was it, thanks I had no idea hardcore servers did that.

Binabik15

I just rage quitted from the Euro GAF server. Fuck me, I can´t do this. 0-6 against whoever was in that fucking AV. I got so many rocket hits shown for nothing. Nothing. 3 kills to however many deaths. Waaay negative skill level. Not even close to unlock something on something else.

I can´t kill. I can´t destroy vehicles. I can do nothing but go back to BC2. Even if I ever got better with something besides those horrible starting guns, what´s the point if it´s no fun to get there? Okay, I got 7.5k points in one earlier round for doing nothing, but it´s no fun to be pitted against beastly guns tricked out with sights, grips, lasers and all. I don´t care for K/D, but in BC2 I can have fun and do good while dying because I let someone get the drop on me, here I get bent over for being a starter with shitty guns. At least the beta gave you the 249 and the PP2000 for everyone else real quick. Oh, and you could actually kill someone with a shitgun.

I hope co-op and single player is good enough to make the 70€ (one copy for me, one for my bro) not totally wasted.

Have the fun I don´t have, guys, I´m pussying out.

R2D4

Banned
Binabik15 said:
I just rage quitted from the Euro GAF server. Fuck me, I can´t do this. 0-6 against whoever was in that fucking AV. I got so many rocket hits shown for nothing. Nothing. 3 kills to however many deaths. Waaay negative skill level. Not even close to unlock something on something else.

I can´t kill. I can´t destroy vehicles. I can do nothing but go back to BC2. Even if I ever got better with something besides those horrible starting guns, what´s the point if it´s no fun to get there? Okay, I got 7.5k points in one earlier round for doing nothing, but it´s no fun to be pitted against beastly guns tricked out with sights, grips, lasers and all. I don´t care for K/D, but in BC2 I can have fun and do good while dying because I let someone get the drop on me, here I get bent over for being a starter with shitty guns. At least the beta gave you the 249 and the PP2000 for everyone else real quick. Oh, and you could actually kill someone with a shitgun.

I hope co-op and single player is good enough to make the 70€ (one copy for me, one for my bro) not totally wasted.

I am level 15 and still use the AK-74 or the SAW the most. I don't think it has to do with guns.

I'm playing single player mode right now and...yes its graphics are good, the weapons feeling is good too but...I'm not particularly having fun. And I find the game quite hard on normal mode, were there are swarms of ennemies ready to shoot AT YOU ONLY with godly aiming skills.
I think I'll continue, finish the campaign and then sell it...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I can't fucking believe this. What the hell is going on?! Geez...

According to battle log I've played for around 8 or so hours, 95% of all my crashes have happened during the last 30 minutes. Fucking hardlocks at that having to reboot my god damn computer freezing shit up. How can the game even do that? I thought the days of games hardlocking your pc was a thing of the past.

Enkidu

Binabik15 said:

If your problem is that your weapons suck, I would suggest finding a 24/7 Metro server. Sure, it will suck playing on that map but you'll rack up points really quickly just doing teamwork stuff. A few rounds on there and you will have some better weapons. At least the PP2000 shouldn't take all that long and then you can use that on all classes.

Of course, if you don't like the game at all, it might be best to just quit now.

Lackmus

Banned
OdysseusVA said:

oh lawd CoD-players...

One thing I hated with Cod was the horrible abuse of proneing during close combat, it really looks retarded from a 3rd person perspective and 99% of the players are using this cheat-mechanism.

So glad I don't have to care about it in BF3.

Corky said:

According to battle log I've played for around 8 or so hours, 95% of all my crashes have happened during the last 30 minutes. Fucking hardlocks at that having to reboot my god damn computer freezing shit up. How can the game even do that? I thought the days of games hardlocking your pc was a thing of the past.

Is your graphic card a Gigabyte 560ti?

Aeonin said:
Haven't had an issue with this. I'm pretty sure any delay is intentional.

Possibly, but it doesn't happen all the time. It seems like the character stands straight up, freezes for a sec or two, and then sprints.

Corky said:

Same thing with Bad Company 2, only because i loved that game so much i put up with it for the 3 weeks it took me to find out that it hated the at the time version of MSI Afterburner.

iam220

@Binabik15: Stick with it man, you'll be glad you did.

Corky said:

Hardlocks? Sounds like a hardware issue, overheating perhaps.

OdysseusVA said:
Possibly, but it doesn't happen all the time. It seems like the character stands straight up, freezes for a sec or two, and then sprints.

Same thing seems to happen when attempting to ADS after standing from prone. Incredibly frustrating as my character just stares at the enemy even though I'm attempting to look down the sights.

It's gotten me killed many a time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Binabik15 said:

Starting guns are good...

Divius

Just had a great round in the EuroGAF server. Kicking ass, taking flags. Scored 16859 points. (23159 pts including ribbons and such)

Shout out to kyaw25 for all the repairs!

Also just hit rank 20! Woop!

BLU-82

scoobs said:
I can't believe that they haven't fixed the crosshair disappearing all the time... i mean, come on guys.

I have had this a few times along with the missing HUD elements etc. Or how about the 'all of a sudden you loose the ability to move' bug where I have to walk backwards to start going forwards again...

My new favorite bug though, that really fucks me off, is that my gun is literally broken...Well unless they have secretly patched in a gun jam feature overnight. Holding down fire, first bullet fires then it sticks for literally over a second and then resumes firing. I thought it may be unique to the G36 as it's my main weapon but no...it's on EVERY FUCKING GUN.

This only started last night has anyone else had this problem? Game is unplayable now, fucking joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom