• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarin02543

&Divius said:
Just had a great round in the EuroGAF server. Kicking ass, taking flags. Scored 16859 points. (23159 pts including ribbons and such)

Shout out to kyaw25 for all the repairs!

Also just hit rank 20! Woop!

Hi, I'm luftwaffle. Finally had you there you little tank whore :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lackmus said:
Is your graphic card a Gigabyte 560ti?

Yeah two, I've heard of people having issues but why does this happen now all of the sudden? I've made no changes recently but it's only recently that it has started with these hardlocks.

iam220 said:
Hardlocks? Sounds like a hardware issue, overheating perhaps.

Nah my hottest gpu tops out at 80 C with an OC at nearly 1ghz. I think it's like 66 C at stock, so overheating is not an issue. Also I just ran unigine to see if my shit has somehow broken but it's as solid as a rock.

Binabik15 said:
I just rage quitted from the Euro GAF server. Fuck me, I can´t do this. 0-6 against whoever was in that fucking AV. I got so many rocket hits shown for nothing. Nothing. 3 kills to however many deaths. Waaay negative skill level. Not even close to unlock something on something else.

I can´t kill. I can´t destroy vehicles. I can do nothing but go back to BC2. Even if I ever got better with something besides those horrible starting guns, what´s the point if it´s no fun to get there? Okay, I got 7.5k points in one earlier round for doing nothing, but it´s no fun to be pitted against beastly guns tricked out with sights, grips, lasers and all. I don´t care for K/D, but in BC2 I can have fun and do good while dying because I let someone get the drop on me, here I get bent over for being a starter with shitty guns. At least the beta gave you the 249 and the PP2000 for everyone else real quick. Oh, and you could actually kill someone with a shitgun.

I hope co-op and single player is good enough to make the 70€ (one copy for me, one for my bro) not totally wasted.

Have the fun I don´t have, guys, I´m pussying out.

Starting guns are great, man. M4A1 is my highest-kill weapon.

What's your Battlelog name and when do you primarily play? Do you join the Mumble server? We'll get you squad'ed up and playing in no time, there are tons of ways to contribute without winning the K/D battle.

Divius

Tarin02543 said:
Hi, I'm luftwaffle. Finally had you there you little tank whore :)
Haha! You came close a few times but I had the constant fixing going on from the rear. You deserved that win the last time though :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
OldJadedGamer said:
Do you feel it is unrealistic? If you were laying on the floor, how fast could you start running from that position?

Because you can't dolphin dive. I literally laughed out loud a few times when I see people immediately dive to the floor when they see me. I'm not sure what they are thinking. It never works!

iam220

Corky said:
Nah my hottest gpu tops out at 80 C with an OC at nearly 1ghz. I think it's like 66 C at stock, so overheating is not an issue. Also I just ran unigine to see if my shit has somehow broken but it's as solid as a rock.

msconfig -> disable non ms services -> disable all start up programs -> restart

That'll fix it if it's some sort of 3rd-party software that's causing it.

If that doesn't work, restore default bios settings and undo any OC and try again. Just to be sure.

Corky said:
Yeah two, I've heard of people having issues but why does this happen now all of the sudden? I've made no changes recently but it's only recently that it has started with these hardlocks.

I had a hard lock when I oc'd my GTX 570 too far. You need more voltage.

Corky

BoobPhysics101 said:
I had a hard lock when I oc'd my GTX 570 too far. You need more voltage.

I've actually upped the voltage over what I actually need for running things like unigine heaven 2.5 stable, which is even more infuriating because the locks come at totally random occasions and not when shit is going down necessarily.

Lackmus

Banned
Corky said:

Update the BIOS of the cards. I have one 560ti and the game crashed every checkpoint during campain or when I was close to a explosion or something.
The update fixed all my crashes.

commish said:
Because you can't dolphin dive. I literally laughed out loud a few times when I see people immediately dive to the floor when they see me. I'm not sure what they are thinking. It never works!

I'm trying to give the poster the benifet of the doubt here and hope he wasn't expecting something silly like dolphin diving.

But yeah, the instant prone guys are pretty comical. I do smile each time I kill one.

Corky

Lackmus said:
Update the BIOS of the cards. I have one 560ti and the game crashed every checkpoint during campain or when I was close to a explosion or something.
The update fixed all my crashes.

Bios update ey? Sounds dangerous :(

mcrae

Anton Sugar said:
Starting guns are great, man. M4A1 is my highest-kill weapon.

What's your Battlelog name and when do you primarily play? Do you join the Mumble server? We'll get you squad'ed up and playing in no time, there are tons of ways to contribute without winning the K/D battle.

you know, i thought i kinda liked you after hearing you speak in mumble/people speak of you, but was unsure, but now i definitely do. a bumanitarian battlefielder, lol.

Corky said:
I can't fucking believe this. What the hell is going on?! Geez...

According to battle log I've played for around 8 or so hours, 95% of all my crashes have happened during the last 30 minutes. Fucking hardlocks at that having to reboot my god damn computer freezing shit up. How can the game even do that? I thought the days of games hardlocking your pc was a thing of the past.

downclock your graphics card...

Lackmus

Banned
he dosent need to clock anything. Afaik all my friends 560ti's and including me have solved our crash-problems with a bios update.

schnell

I hear a lot of talk about how the Stinger is overpowered against jets and helos but, playing as an engineer most of the time, I can't shoot down anything with a Stinger. I get a lock, flares, and maybe one hit before the jet/helo gets a reload on flares or flies out of range. I almost always run out of ammo before getting the kill. I think jets and helos can fend for themselves just fine against stingers and that it's a user issue, not the game. Now I haven't played as a pilot much so I can't say anything for how powerful or effective they are.

Rainy Dog

commish said:

The might have the same issue as me, though.

On PS3 I'm regularly pressing R3 by accident (well the game seems to think so, I don't since I've never had it happen in any other game) when just trying to move my R stick to aim, and I'll just stop shooting and dive into prone. Or visa-versa when I'm prone, I'll be shooting away and I'll randomly stop firing and get up from prone. Lost count of the number of times it's got me killed... Must be at least once a match.

Unfortunately for me, I've roamed the internet and can only find a couple of other people mention it happen to them.

Decided today was the day I learned how to fly. There was a jet and chopper sitting there. I got the controls down a bit for the jet before I got blown out of the sky. Then decided to try out that chopper.

I must have displayed confidence as two other squad mates came with. Tried to keep her steady, sadly we crashed into the earth about three seconds after take off. All on board dead. RIP.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hero_of_the_Day said:
I must have displayed confidence as two other squad mates came with. Tried to keep her steady, sadly we crashed into the earth about three seconds after take off. All on board dead. RIP.

This happens every.single.time I get into a chopper. I always feel so horrible/embarrassed, but the only way to learn is to keep trying.

RbBrdMan said:
This happens every.single.time I get into a chopper. I always feel so horrible/embarrassed, but the only way to learn is to keep trying.

Yeah, they seriously need to let you make a private match or something so you can learn on your own time. I was getting the jet down, but it was still pretty goofy. Was using a 360 controller (just to fly, I'm no heathen). I couldn't even figure out how to get off the ground with the keyboard.

Anyone else on PS3 just randomly explode in jets for no reason at all? Happened to me at least 4 times today and seems to happen multiple times every day. No one is around me, I don't hit anything, I am just flying along and BAM exploded and suicide.

redhot_

Hero_of_the_Day said:
Decided today was the day I learned how to fly. There was a jet and chopper sitting there. I got the controls down a bit for the jet before I got blown out of the sky. Then decided to try out that chopper.

If your on console, I got the most success out of using Legacy sticks for heli's. Got my attack heli service star 1 with them.

Anyone get the C4 bug when you're jihading? You jump out and detonate but nothing happens. After a few clicks C4 starts flying out of my guy as if I'm throwing it, while the detonate animation plays. BC2 had the exact same bug at one point.

Helmholtz

RbBrdMan said:
Try taking off in third person by pressing 'C'. I'm not very good at flying either, but flying in third person at least keeps me in the air for a while instead of crashing on take off.

tsigo

RbBrdMan said:

Play the second co-op mission. Trying to fly in multiplayer I crashed in the first ten seconds every single time. Played about 5 minutes of the co-op mission and had it down pat.

IMACOMPUTA

Bumblebeetuna said:
Anyone else on PS3 just randomly explode in jets for no reason at all? Happened to me at least 4 times today and seems to happen multiple times every day. No one is around me, I don't hit anything, I am just flying along and BAM exploded and suicide.
That's happened to me a couple of times. (on PC)

Once I was just trying out landing. I landed on the road away from a ll the action in operation firestorm.

I landed fine, and decided to take off. Started gaining speed, just about to pull up and BOOM!

Suicide.
No idea how/why.

There have been other times though when i was in mid air.

mcrae

schnell said:
I hear a lot of talk about how the Stinger is overpowered against jets and helos but, playing as an engineer most of the time, I can't shoot down anything with a Stinger. I get a lock, flares, and maybe one hit before the jet/helo gets a reload on flares or flies out of range. I almost always run out of ammo before getting the kill. I think jets and helos can fend for themselves just fine against stingers and that it's a user issue, not the game. Now I haven't played as a pilot much so I can't say anything for how powerful or effective they are.

i think the issue is teamwork perhaps. only 2 jets in the air against potentially 32 engineers are bad odds? not sure. personally i have had more problems as a pilot vs other, better pilots. but im pretty ruthless in jet whoring, k/d ratio in them has to be like 0.4, lol

IMACOMPUTA

Anyone have the game flicker green from time to time? I thought it might be my PC because I've got a pretty heavy OC on my 6950, but i was at a friends and i saw it happens on PS3.

Weird.

OG Kush

IMACOMPUTA said:
Anyone have the game flicker green from time to time? I thought it might be my PC because I've got a pretty heavy OC on my 6950, but i was at a friends and i saw it happens on PS3.

Weird.
Playing on the 360 and Ive had this happen. Didn't know what to make of it.. was wondering if it was a glitch or maybe some effect like my guy "blinking his eyes" (some stupid immersion shit like how your screen is stained) or I thought my xbox GPU was dying.

Full install on 360 is 15.5 GB. Install 2 discs, 156MB patch, install HD textures, input code for online pass, register for gun club on PC, download pistol from xbl... what a bunch of fucking bullshit to get through before I can even play the game.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
IMACOMPUTA said:

Weird.

Happens a lot on my PC, probably just the game itself if it is happening on consoles though.

Disguises

SillyEskimo said:
Full install on 360 is 15.5 GB. Install 2 discs, 156MB patch, install HD textures, input code for online pass, register for gun club on PC, download pistol from xbl... what a bunch of fucking bullshit to get through before I can even play the game.
And you still have to change discs to play single/multiplayer :(.

eek5

IMACOMPUTA said:

Weird.
I had it happen to me on PS3. I thought my PS3 was about to die. Then afterwards I lost my HUD and had to quit out of the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I've had the screen flicker blue on my 360 version of the game.

Edit: I was wondering, is there anyway to import Xbox 360 friends into Battlelog?

UFRA

IMACOMPUTA said:

Weird.

Yes. This happens on PS3 for me.

I have found the cause (at least in my case).

Whenever I use ANY special item from the Recon class it causes the green flashing.

I tested this to figure it out. I first noticed it whenever I placed a mobile respawn point. Immediately after placing it I got the green flashes. Then, I thought maybe only that caused it. Nope. The T-UGS motion sensors also caused green flashing when they were active too.

So far nothing else has caused it in my case, only recon class gadgets... try it out and see if this is your cause as well. As soon as I picked up the items and disabled them, the green flashing stopped.

Had a nice kill with the F18 and probably the first tank kill with the Cobra and the game crashes. Let's just say I was looking for something to destroy without having to regret it afterwards.

PjotrStroganov said:
Had a nice kill with the F18 and probably the first tank kill with the Cobra and the game crashes. Let's just say I was looking for something to destroy without having to regret it afterwards.

Go outside and throw some ice on the ground, preferably the crescent-shaped ones made by refrigerators. They shatter spectacularly and make you feel as though you've broken and destroyed something. The best part is no clean up!

snack

I thought DICE said the respawns were fixed in TDM? Or is it because some server's still haven't updated with the fixes?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Gui_PT said:
Does anyone have an extra Dr. Pepper dogtag thingy?

We don't have Dr. Pepper in Portugal =(

I'm going to PM you one of the caps that I have. When I tried to enter the code it kept giving me "Invalid".

Let me know if it works for you. Maybe I'm just a dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom