• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFRA said:
Yes. This happens on PS3 for me.

I have found the cause (at least in my case).

Whenever I use ANY special item from the Recon class it causes the green flashing.

I tested this to figure it out. I first noticed it whenever I placed a mobile respawn point. Immediately after placing it I got the green flashes. Then, I thought maybe only that caused it. Nope. The T-UGS motion sensors also caused green flashing when they were active too.

So far nothing else has caused it in my case, only recon class gadgets...
try it out and see if this is your cause as well. As soon as I picked up the items and disabled them, the green flashing stopped.

Yeah, you should probably tell Dice about this. It might save them a bit of time trying to fix it.

GodofWine

Shadybiz said:
Nope, things seem to be working as well for you as they do for most. I'm on PS3, having the same issues. I think it was mentioned that it's an issue that's being worked on. It's a shame, it worked pretty seamlessly in BC2, though I wasn't around for the launch of that one.

Im alive. (I had hernia surgery today, and I know this cat in real life...)

If squads worked, I'd probably give it a shot, narcotic pain killers and all, tonight....but I think I'll wait till tomorrow to get back on.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Shadybiz said:
Nope, things seem to be working as well for you as they do for most. I'm on PS3, having the same issues. I think it was mentioned that it's an issue that's being worked on. It's a shame, it worked pretty seamlessly in BC2, though I wasn't around for the launch of that one.
Thanks for this. BC2 was just fine so I thought I was missing something in B3.

PS3 - quitting a game sometimes complete crashes my system to the point where I have to disconnect power (reset switch won't work). I don't have this problem with any other games. Is this something that others have experienced?

def sim

ugh just played 3 hours straight of this

so good

also we are all debating buying dr. pepper for the absolutely awesome dinosaur tag

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
hey yall, just got the game

first off, best looking game ive ever played

second, does anyone know how to complete the qtes with a 360 gamepad? theyre mad forgiving so i could always just reach for the mouse and keyboard but it might become annoying

DXPett1

ColonialRaptor said:
Official AusGAF Community Server (well, it's not fully community yet, it's mine but it will be once other's pitch in some $$).

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/f9e83af7-1ce7-48a6-8f4d-a50752c2ef9a/AusGAF-GameArena-Mixed

Please, any Aussies who are going to play - join up this map and get your friends to join!

We can make it however we want! No kill cam, higher damage, rotating on one map for an entire day, whatever we want whenever we want, will be good to have :D

Awesome, favourited. Will smash it out after work tonight

Wickerman

Had my first flawless game today with a 19-0 record and a blowout team win.

BF3 is great when squad members work together and teammates actually drop ammo and medkits.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, I'm going to ask here: Can you get my BFF the MP-443 with no stupid hax attachments (see: flashlight, supressor) for the US Team, or is it RU team only?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a best map or mode for getting easy kills for fast ranks? I'm still a little low(rank 6) and would like it to go a little faster.

TheSeks

MrBig said:
Why was the Air Radar unlock for the jets labeled as a "Permanent Upgrade?"

Because AFAIK it is. It changes the minimap into a circle (or is that the PC's minimap?) from a square and shots proximity for people.

sp3000

It's hilarious how screwed you are in this game if you are a low rank.

It used to be the unlocks gave you options, instead of making your player actually have better abilities. Of course DICE totally forgot this idea from BF2 once COD came along.

Bisnic said:
Is there a best map or mode for getting easy kills for fast ranks? I'm still a little low(rank 6) and would like it to go a little faster.

64 player conquest on metro. Get your ammo boxes or health boxes + defibrillators ready! You will get +6000 points at the very least and you don't even have to kill anyone.

Gui_PT

WoodenLung said:
64 player conquest on metro. Get your ammo boxes or health boxes + defibrillators ready! You will get +6000 points at the very least and you don't even have to kill anyone.

No Halo Battlefield Honor

TheSeks

sp3000 said:
It's hilarious how screwed you are in this game if you are a low rank.

It used to be the unlocks gave you options, instead of making your player actually have better abilities. Of course DICE totally forgot this idea from BF2 once COD came along.

Only the jets, the helicopters, and the starting sniper rifle are part of this issue. The other starting weapons and tanks can mow down other tanks provided the player has the skill to use the iron sights/hip fire + tank main cannon to get points.

Yeah 64 player conquest metro is defib galore but you better hope the enemy team takes control of B first, otherwise they're just target practice instead.

Chairhome

Okay, I just bought the PC version today and I HATE ORIGIN. Why is it not installing from the disc? I think it was earlier because it was at 4.5 MB/s, and now its going at about 200kb/s. I tried switching discs, do i need to? I tried closing the program, running autorun and hitting install, nothing. I tried going offline, won't let me try to download. What do I need to do? sorry if this was already addressed, I want to play but I don't want to wait another 3 hours to do it.

are there a lot of cheats already for PC? i was on a server with a third party cheat program and it was banning people quite frequently for using cheats. Does punkbuster not recognize these people or do these third party programs give false positives? It was kind of unsettling how many people I saw being booted.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
KingOfKong said:
are there a lot of cheats already for PC? i was on a server with a third party cheat program and it was banning people quite frequently for using cheats. Does punkbuster not recognize these people or do these third party programs give false positives? It was kind of unsettling how many people I saw being booted.

I've definitely heard of people hacking, although I've been lucky enough to not run across any (or at least any that were noticeable).

KingOfKong said:

Someone posted like the exact same thing on here yesterday so I guess that yes there is. Maybe punkbuster can spot them even before they go into the games though unlike the third party anti cheat, because I haven't seen anyone cheat yet, at least not in a way that I would think he was cheating, it's usually pretty easy to spot them in FPS games.

alba

Little is the new Big
WoodenLung said:
Me too. I only crashed like once before but after the so called fix I keep on crashing, not every map change though, when I am in I am in, but when I try to join a server it will keep crashing on me until I finally get in.

I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come because a lot of people are already having problems while some others don't, it's really weird and I hope they get most of the issues and crashing sorted out in the first client side patch. I really love the game thus far and the less troubles we get, the better it'll be for everybody. Speaking of which, I'm really eager to get any timeframe on the first patch, hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

IMACOMPUTA

UFRA said:
Yes. This happens on PS3 for me.

I have found the cause (at least in my case).

Whenever I use ANY special item from the Recon class it causes the green flashing.

I tested this to figure it out. I first noticed it whenever I placed a mobile respawn point. Immediately after placing it I got the green flashes. Then, I thought maybe only that caused it. Nope. The T-UGS motion sensors also caused green flashing when they were active too.

So far nothing else has caused it in my case, only recon class gadgets... try it out and see if this is your cause as well. As soon as I picked up the items and disabled them, the green flashing stopped.
It could be something kit specific, but it happens to me from time to time and i haven't played anything but Engineer.

So i know it isn't Recon specific.

Moaradin

NTd4K.png

I'm loving this gun. Also nearing the second support medal(170000 point one). I wonder if there is a dog tag for the second one like the first.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Moaradin said:
NTd4K.png

I'm loving this gun. Also nearing the second support medal(170000 point one). I wonder if there is a dog tag for the second one like the first.

Is that LMG the last one to unlock for Support?

I loved the M60 in BFBC2, but I hate Support in BF3...I <3 my medic packs.

iam220

KingOfKong said:

Its probably doing a global announce, it's unlikely they were all on one server.

TheSeks

rance said:
YAY GOT MY IRNV!

On my m249. I get the feeling they're going to nerf this somehow.

SMH. And yes, they need to nerf both the M249 and IRNV hard.

Moaradin

FINALBOSS said:
Is that LMG the last one to unlock for Support?

I loved the M60 in BFBC2, but I hate Support in BF3...I <3 my medic packs.

Yea, M60 is the last unlock. I was having trouble as support but I got it down now. The M60 has a lot of downsides like high recoil, bullet spread, slow travel speed, etc but once I learned how to burst with it, I can do decently now.

Dmax3901

What AMD drivers are you using for BF3? What do you recommend, I'm blue screening every... I dunno once in three days? It's weird.

def sim

TheSeks said:
SMH. And yes, they need to nerf both the M249 and IRNV hard.

I'm just trying to get my M60* in the fastest way possible! Once I do that, I will never ever switch classes again even if it sucks.

*with IRNV because it makes all other scopes irrelevant

Was playing a long session last night (Xbox 360 version) and at one point on Grand Bazaar my brother became invincible lol.

Was so weird, our own team was shooting him cause he didn't have a blue (or any) name above his head anymore and he didn't show up as 'alive' on my night vision or whatever its called scope. To start with he was like why is everyone shooting at me??? Wasn't until he went to plant the bomb that he discovered he couldn't take any damage from anyone.

I was like YOU HAVE NO SOUL lol cause he wasn't glowing on my scope, but because he didn't want to get reported for hacking or anything (he wasn't) he was trying to get killed to fix it. Only thing that worked was going out of bounds haha. Apparently even immortals answer to the mystery voice of AWOL control. :D

Respawned and it was back to normal, strange glitch though.

PLEAAAASEEE HALP

I suck dick at this game. Like 3-10 games type shit. In BFBC2 I was god-like. Problem is, I played on console, and this is my first big FPS PC game (just built a new one). I need tips cuz I'm getting raped: can't shoot worth shit, people seem to have perfect aim, getting blasted from behind, all kinds of badness.

=(

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Chairhome said:
Okay, I just bought the PC version today and I HATE ORIGIN. Why is it not installing from the disc? I think it was earlier because it was at 4.5 MB/s, and now its going at about 200kb/s. I tried switching discs, do i need to? I tried closing the program, running autorun and hitting install, nothing. I tried going offline, won't let me try to download. What do I need to do? sorry if this was already addressed, I want to play but I don't want to wait another 3 hours to do it.
It might look like it's d/ling, but it's actually installing from the disc. For me, the install slowed down quite a bit towards the end of disc 1. It sped back up again when I got prompted to put in disc 2.

rance said:
YAY GOT MY IRNV!

On my m249. I get the feeling they're going to nerf this somehow.
I unlocked that for my SCAR. That, combined with ammo upgrade and Bipod... I'm a force to be reckoned with!

But yeah, they seriously need to gimp the IRNV somehow. How would they do it though?

CatPee

-Yeti said:
I unlocked that for my SCAR. That, combined with ammo upgrade and Bipod... I'm a force to be reckoned with!

But yeah, they seriously need to gimp the IRNV somehow. How would they do it though?

Make it unusable/hard to use in daylight situations? It's not like DICE are focused on realism or anything.

CatPee said:
Make it unusable/hard to use in daylight situations? It's not like DICE are focused on realism or anything.
Oh so make it ultra bright in daylight? That makes sense, but then it would still be super effective on Tehran.

I'm thinking that enemies shouldn't glow unless they are spotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom