• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Banned
-Yeti said:
Oh so make it ultra bright in daylight? That makes sense, but then it would still be super effective on Tehran.

I'm thinking that enemies shouldn't glow unless they are spotted.

Yeah they need to make it shitty in bright/day-time maps. Right now it's godlike everywhere. I don't use it, but I certainly fucked around with it in beta and it was unstoppable.

The M.O.B

How to you get into a quene? I want to get into the NeoGaf server asap but it's full. And it is not putting me in a quene.....what happened?

EDIT: I got in, but still where did the quene's go?

tsigo

-Yeti said:
Oh so make it ultra bright in daylight? That makes sense, but then it would still be super effective on Tehran.

I'm thinking that enemies shouldn't glow unless they are spotted.

That's crazy talk.

Shadybiz

GodofWine said:
Im alive. (I had hernia surgery today, and I know this cat in real life...)

If squads worked, I'd probably give it a shot, narcotic pain killers and all, tonight....but I think I'll wait till tomorrow to get back on.

I'm glad you're still alive, we need our fourth! I will be on from about 10:00 on tomorrow.

We were getting killed by one team, twice in a row, so we backed out after the second match, and managed to all meet up on the same server and side (miracles do happen). We rocked the house after that.

Bboy AJ said:
Thanks for this. BC2 was just fine so I thought I was missing something in B3.

Anytime!

redhot_

Saren is Bad said:
PLEAAAASEEE HALP

I suck dick at this game. Like 3-10 games type shit. In BFBC2 I was god-like. Problem is, I played on console, and this is my first big FPS PC game (just built a new one). I need tips cuz I'm getting raped: can't shoot worth shit, people seem to have perfect aim, getting blasted from behind, all kinds of badness.

=(

spam rpg's like the rest of the people that have issues.

I'm pissed. I originally bought the pc version and its great, but all my friends were having so much fun playing it on the 360 that I caved in for a purchase. The netcode in this game is so screwed; EVERY game I've played with 2 friends we've been split up. I know you can change teams, but only if there's an uneven number of players. In addition, when a friend joins a game, sometimes one of us will get sent to the game and the others are left behind. This is why Crysis 2 pissed me off so much, same issues.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
for sooome reason, on my desktop monitor i get huge black bars on 1280x720 and the image is stretched but on my tv its fine and takes up the entire screen. both are 1080 native, anyone experiencing something similar?

def sim

AllIsOneIsNone said:
I'm pissed. I originally bought the pc version and its great, but all my friends were having so much fun playing it on the 360 that I caved in for a purchase. The netcode in this game is so screwed; EVERY game I've played with 2 friends we've been split up. I know you can change teams, but only if there's an uneven number of players. In addition, when a friend joins a game, sometimes one of us will get sent to the game and the others are left behind. This is why Crysis 2 pissed me off so much, same issues.

You have to look for servers with less than 20 players if you have a full squad joining. Those issues are usually because of autobalancing or open spots were taken mid way through connecting.

Glassboy

I think they should just take the IRNV out of the game completely. Even though I use it, I hate doing so, because it reminds me of detective mode on Arkham Asylum. You have a beautiful game and now it looks green 30% of the time.

def sim

Glassboy said:
I think they should just take the IRNV out of the game completely. Even though I use it, I hate doing so, because it reminds me of detective mode on Arkham Asylum. You have a beautiful game and now it looks green 30% of the time.

I agree mostly because the alternatives posted so far bring us to the same result. It can't be nerfed without ruining it.

Don't understand all the IRNV love. Unlocked it for m16A3 and the RPK-74 but have been doing amazing in the K/D department with just Acog's and silencers ... Especially on the M16, that gun is awesome with the acog.

def sim

What's not to understand? It makes enemies glow at a very good range. Not to say that people can't do well with other scopes, I did just fine without it, but it's certainly the best non zoomed scope available.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AngelSoldier said:
Don't understand all the IRNV love. Unlocked it for m16A3 and the RPK-74 but have been doing amazing in the K/D department with just Acog's and silencers ... Especially on the M16, that gun is awesome with the acog.

It's basically a hack. Enemies glow in a bright green while everything else is a dark green. Shoot the bright green. Done.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
TheSeks said:
It's basically a hack. Enemies glow in a bright green while everything else is a dark green. Shoot the bright green. Done.
Now that I think about it, it's still not as bad as beta spotting. Might as well have been playing Geometry Wars.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I slowly find myself more and more wishing they'd bring back tracer darts from BC2 (pre speed buff). They're much more fun and rewarding to use than things like the Javelin or SOFLAM.

Chairhome

XiaNaphryz said:
It might look like it's d/ling, but it's actually installing from the disc. For me, the install slowed down quite a bit towards the end of disc 1. It sped back up again when I got prompted to put in disc 2.
It didn't even prompt me to put in disc 2 :-(. I paused and restarted a few times and it got back up to 1.5mb/s and finished dling. I googled and I read that some keys on retail boxes are download keys, and you can request an actual disc key by talking to customer service... don't know if its true, but oh well, it finished!

Tried a little bit of the campaign, just tweaking settings to get a good framerate. I won't be able to push very high, but I got 60fps with most settings (turning off MSAA) on high in the first little mission, but can't get past 35ish at the beginning of operation swordbreaker. I'll mess with it a bit more.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Varna said:
WTF... EA support is fucken horrible.

I clearly describe the problem... using the origin client to start the game, release date verification, etc..

"What console are you using?"

Yep. Just talked to three of them last night, wanted to file a complaint but the CS guy disconnected abruptly - which made me want to file a complaint more.

Support guy asked for my CD Key, I told him I was playong on console. He repeated it again, I had to explain that consoles don't have CD keys and only Online Passes. Asked him what for, and he didn't reply. Weird and shady.

Such an ass, the support staff is. Not to mention rude.

Also, who here has Dr. Pepper codes? :) Skins or tags, no Dr. Pepper here. :(

Raide

Ysiadmihi said:
I slowly find myself more and more wishing they'd bring back tracer darts from BC2 (pre speed buff). They're much more fun and rewarding to use than things like the Javelin or SOFLAM.

Agreed. It actually gave people a roll to play. I loved being able to tag vehicles for my team, plus it would last much longer than spotting them. Plus tagging players was awesome fun. :D

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
AngelSoldier said:

What's the point of using a silencer in Conquest?

MrOogieBoogie

rance said:
Same as any game mode; not to be seen in the map when firing.

You mean every time someone fires his weapon it's indicated on the mini-map? Do people even pay attention to that? lol

def sim

MrOogieBoogie said:
You mean every time someone fires his weapon it's indicated on the mini-map? Do people even pay attention to that? lol

Yes? Many shooters have made a lot of us accustomed to paying attention to the map.

f0nz0

Boy can this game be frustrating, i think im at level 9 or something, but is there a flak jacket or stopping power equivalent in this game? Because clearrrly i dont have them... seems everytime i get the drop on people amd pump a few rounds on them they turn around and light me up!

MrOogieBoogie said:
Yes, I check it constantly.

It also removes your muzzle flash, which increases your survivability.

MrOogieBoogie

Anton Sugar said:
Yes, I check it constantly.

It also removes your muzzle flash, which increases your survivability.

Is it worth the lower accuracy and power?

Doctor_20

Banned
rance said:
I agree mostly because the alternatives posted so far bring us to the same result. It can't be nerfed without ruining it.

What about not being able to spot or see spotted targets when scoped...or blinded for a half a second when un-scoping? Like when you come inside after being out in the bright sun.

Had the most fun I've had playing this game since it came out today on the GAF server... i dunno why but playing with people I sorta know and who play the game properly even if there were just a few, and on maps that I think are good and on good rotations of those maps is just so much better.

It's funny... but there are really only a few good maps to play this game on... is it so bad to just repeat just a few of the same variants over and over again? I don't think so... I'd be happy to play Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Operation Firestorm Conquest all day long.

KAOz

Short bus special
MrOogieBoogie said:

Depends on the situation. Capping flags or MCOMS while in stealthmode = GODLY.
Long range, not as much.

You can be all sneaky and shit with it, and it's wonderful. And usually, due to not showing up on the map, you can get the drop on most people and take them out before they know you are there.

Salacious Crumb

ColonialRaptor said:
Had the most fun I've had playing this game since it came out today on the GAF server... i dunno why but playing with people I sorta know and who play the game properly even if there were just a few, and on maps that I think are good and on good rotations of those maps is just so much better.

It's funny... but there are really only a few good maps to play this game on... is it so bad to just repeat just a few of the same variants over and over again? I don't think so... I'd be happy to play Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Operation Firestorm Conquest all day long.

Just take Metro and Sirene Crossing out of the rotation, then the ausgaf server would be my goto. :)

MrOogieBoogie said:
The flash suppressor lowers your accuracy, but the sound suppressor doesn't, it just reduces damage at range.

Personally I love suppressors on all of my SMGs, carbines, and assault rifles. You don't show up on the minimap when you fire, and noise is reduced enough that enemies often won't realise that I'm shooting their buddy standing a few metres behind them. If you like flanking/sneaking and close range combat they're great.

ColonialRaptor said:
I'd be happy to play Caspian Border, Kharg Island, Operation Firestorm Conquest all day long.

Same! Unfortunately you can't set specific map rotations on the 360 (that I'm aware of).

I honestly don't care for all the other maps.

D23

just unlocked the IRNV for my M4AI.. lol i feel like God using this.. they are going to nerf this right?? its almost like cheating.

Izayoi

Banned
Alienshogun said:
There's a glitch in the game that makes you invulnerable.

Ran into a guy who was unkillable by anything but explosives today.
Has happened to me a number of times. Seems to occur the most often on Metro. Invulnerable to the knife and bullets, need to use grenades or launchers to kill. Super fucking annoying, especially when they figure out that they're invincible.

Salacious Crumb said:
Just take Metro and Sirene Crossing out of the rotation, then the ausgaf server would be my goto. :)

I have changed the rotation again, I think it's pretty slick now, I think it's pretty much just good maps in a good order with 4 rounds of Caspian, Firestorm and Kharg Island when they come up.

I wish I could figure out how to make them have more tickets.

Metro and Seine are out of the mix now.

This is the map layout of the AusGAF server for the time being.

Kharg Island - Conquest Large - 4 Rounds
Caspian Border - Conquest Large - 4 Rounds
Damavand Peak - Rush - 2 Rounds
Operation Firestorm - Conquest Large - 4 Rounds
Tehran Highway - Rush - 2 Rounds
Noshahar Canals - Conquest Small - 2 Rounds
Kharg Island - Rush - 2 Rounds
Caspian Border - Conquest Large - 2 Rounds
Noshahar Canals - Rush - 2 Rounds
Teheran Highway - Conquest Small - 2 Rounds
Operation Firestorm - Rush - 2 Rounds
Grand Bazaar - Conquest Small - 2 Rounds

What do ppls think?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
The IR was a lot more balanced in the beta. I dunno if it was buggy or intentional but distant enemies didn't glow at all. You had to be pretty close. And the crosshair was a lighter green blending with the rest of the scope almost. That fact was stupid but at least it gave it a disadvantage.
Trying to use it in beta gave me a headache, much nicer now. I kind of like it, prevents people from laying in a bush the entire match. It is very useful on the wooded areas of Caspian Border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom