• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_nothin

Banned
darkwing said:
cool, when is this patch?
There's no ETA yet but they could be preparing for something today since they are restarting all servers over the course of 3+ hours. Hopefully they're rolling something out today.

Divius

It really sucks getting in a jet when there's either a better pilot on the other team, or a AA somewhere constantly shooting at you. I have yet to make a single kill in a jet, but every time I take off (min you, I'm also not a really good pilot yet) I get locked on as soon as I approach the battlefield. And I have no flares, so I immediately have to bail out. :(

I probably should join a more empty server sometime.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
&Divius said:
It really sucks getting in a jet when there's either a better pilot on the other team, or a AA somewhere constantly shooting at you. I have yet to make a single kill in a jet, but every time I take off (min you, I'm also not a really good pilot yet) I get locked on as soon as I approach the battlefield. And I have no flares, so I immediately have to bail out. :(

It took me...*sobs* 20 jet sessions to reach 300 points for the flares. While you all were on the ground blowing shit up and having fun I was jumping into a jet and getting shot down ad naseum.

n0n44m

got 150ish kills already with the UMP45 but it does feel very weak at a distance, especially against the assault rifles (i.e. I hit them 4 times, they turn around and insta shoot me :p goddamn F2000 )

IR vision is crazy good though on rifles/machine guns ( <3 Pecheneg <3 ), but it lacks zoom for the bolt-action sniper. I'll see how it does on the SKS sniper once I unlock it (70 kills to go)

Rainy Dog

The Faceless Master said:
make it suffer extra bad to flashlights and laser pointers

If the engine permits, it'd just be best to make it only work in dimly lit areas. If not, I reckon it'd be better to add crazy recoil and sway to it so it's almost useless in full auto. Like the thermal scope in MW2. Also, even longer to go into and come out of aimed view.

Make it more of a spotting tool that's very difficult to shoot with.

Rainy Dog

n0n44m said:
got 150ish kills already with the UMP45 but it does feel very weak at a distance, especially against the assault rifles (i.e. I hit them 4 times, they turn around and insta shoot me :p goddamn F2000

The UMP takes 8 bullets at long distance which is fair enough I reckon considering it's an SMG. It just needs to be buffed back to 3 bullets at point blank range, as does the PP2000. The PP2000 needs a slight range damage increase too I think. 10 bullets is a bit extreme, 8-9 would be fairer taking into account the 20 mag size as standard.

Corky

That's it, that was the last crash for me. Also it was a crash to desktop with the "bf3 has stopped working " error, the last fucking time that happened after 40min of playing and scores and points and shit that just vanish after the crashes. Ain't touching this anymore until it's fixed. God damn irony, RO2 is more stable than this.

Can't believe it has gotten worse after the supposed "fixes" they made.

Barrett2

I can't believe how awful the singleplayer campaign is. Like, you can't be serious with this shit. AI squadmates stand there shooting endlessly at bad guys they cannot hit, not getting shot at, and the moment I raise my head every enemy on screen targets me. You aren't allowed to take out enemies in an area until you progress forward enough to trigger something that allows you to kill enemies in that structure, etc. I've lost count of the number of times I look through my scope and see an AI squadmate and bad guy standing five feet away from each other, shooting at each other, not doing any damage, waiting for me to kill that bad guy.

panda21

lawblob said:
I can't believe how awful the singleplayer campaign is. Like, you can't be serious with this shit. AI squadmates stand there shooting endlessly at bad guys they cannot hit, not getting shot at, and the moment I raise my head every enemy on screen targets me. You aren't allowed to take out enemies in an area until you progress forward enough to trigger something that allows you to kill enemies in that structure, etc. I've lost count of the number of times I look through my scope and see an AI squadmate and bad guy standing five feet away from each other, shooting at each other, not doing any damage, waiting for me to kill that bad guy.

i've not noticed that, I thought the campaign was pretty sweet so far. are you playing on console? maybe i just got lucky and didnt see anything like that yet.

i mean if we're talking modern FPS games, with the exception of Halo the campaign in BF3 seems pretty much standard compared to CoD, bad company etc

edit: infact thinking about it the campaigns in MoH and BF3 are better than most

Destruction 2.0 feels more like D-0.5.

Major step back from BC2. Is just a cosmetic thing now.
I get stuck with a tank in Grand Bazar because I can't destroy a pile of blankets and house carpets. Pathetic.

Corky

SilverBullet said:
Destruction 2.0 feels more like D-0.5.

Major step back from BC2. Is just a cosmetic thing now.
I get stuck with a tank in Grand Bazar because I can't destroy a pile of blankets and house carpets. Pathetic.

If the game wasn't broken for me and I had bc2 installed aswell, I would make an objective comparison showing that if anything the destruction is a step up from bc2. But alas the game chokes and dies instead and I can only sit here and sob.

Barrett2

panda21 said:
i've not noticed that, I thought the campaign was pretty sweet so far. are you playing on console? maybe i just got lucky and didnt see anything like that yet.

i mean if we're talking modern FPS games, with the exception of Halo the campaign in BF3 seems pretty much standard compared to CoD, bad company etc

edit: infact thinking about it the campaigns in MoH and BF3 are better than most

Yeah, playing on PS3. Maybe its a limitation of the consoles.

dino1980

So frustrating when you get constant "Battlefield 3 stopped working" message. The game in this state for me is unplayable? :(

Have you guys got access to the Karkland expansion maps? I havent yet and I bought the LE version.

Corky said:
If the game wasn't broken for me and I had bc2 installed aswell, I would make an objective comparison showing that if anything the destruction is a step up from bc2. But alas the game chokes and dies instead and I can only sit here and sob.

Yeah a video would be cool.

I know the D2.0 looks better and has more detail and fragmentation but it seems to play less of a roll on game play.
And, has I pointed out, there are a lot of object that are not destructible, that don't even react.
This isn't game breaking by any means. I just feel a little cheated after all the PR about D2.0.
I was expecting more.

Dabanton

dino1980 said:
So frustrating when you get constant "Battlefield 3 stopped working" message. The game in this state for me is unplayable? :(

Have you guys got access to the Karkland expansion maps? I havent yet and I bought the LE version.

I think the Karkland maps come out in december?

Corky

SilverBullet said:

I know the D2.0 looks better and has more detail and fragmentation but it seems to play less of a roll on game play.

I also get the feel that it might play lesser role, but as I've said before I don't think this is inherently because of the new system being worse, rather that the massive maps don't rely on CQC as much as bc2 with its smaller maps.

And, has I pointed out, there are a lot of object that are not destructible, that don't even react.

Yea this is annoying

This isn't game breaking by any means. I just feel a little cheated after all the PR about D2.0.
I was expecting more.

I agree, I too was expecting abit more.

mxgt

Banned
Won 2 of my last 12 matches in randoms, starting to get really tired of being put with killwhores who don't go for objectives.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Corky said:
That's it, that was the last crash for me. Also it was a crash to desktop with the "bf3 has stopped working " error, the last fucking time that happened after 40min of playing and scores and points and shit that just vanish after the crashes. Ain't touching this anymore until it's fixed. God damn irony, RO2 is more stable than this.

Can't believe it has gotten worse after the supposed "fixes" they made.

None of those fixes address "bf3.exe has stopped responding", nor do any of them appear to make it happen more often. You shouldn't be losing anything you gained during that period, although it won't remember changes you've made to your loadouts. When I crash out like that I still get a battle report from the map/server I was on.

As far as destruction goes I think they've made the right decisions. On maps where the landscape directs the flow of an engagement you can level most buildings. On maps where the buildings themselves direct the flow you can only bring down facades. I don't believe people who want more are really thinking about what that would do to the gameplay, or simply don't care.

Corky

Woo-Fu said:
None of those fixes address "bf3.exe has stopped responding", nor do any of them appear to make it happen more often. You shouldn't be losing anything you gained during that period, although it won't remember changes you've made to your loadouts. When I crash out like that I still get a battle report from the map/server I was on.

What about potential ribbons and the points derived from them? Do I get to keep them if I crash?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What was the Battlelog update that I downloaded this AM.

Is it in the OP? Looking now.

fuenf

lawblob said:

lawblob said:
Yeah, playing on PS3. Maybe its a limitation of the consoles.

I played it on the PS3 too and what you said is simply not true. Sure there are a couple of occasions where it seems like your squadmates do nothing at all but more often than not they are taking most of the fire from the enemies and are killing them at a good rate (except maybe for those scenarios where you are supposed to support them by flanking the enemies). But even than it's not that bad. I played through the campaign on hard and during the whole playthrough there were only around 3 moments where i thought that the game was unfair.

Woo-Fu said:
This might help you with the "bf3.exe has stopped responding" crash.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...ve_this_happen_to_them_50_of_the_time/c2wttqx

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
TheNamelessOne said:
This might help you with the "bf3.exe has stopped responding" crash.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...ve_this_happen_to_them_50_of_the_time/c2wttqx

Wow. I think this might have worked for me. 1 for 1 on not crashing when loading into a new server. I'll keep an eye on it and update later.

I hope this is the fix I've been looking for. This is the only problem I've had with the game so far. Something simple like changing to run as Admin does the trick that will be great.

RbBrdMan said:
What was the Battlelog update that I downloaded this AM.

Is it in the OP? Looking now.

Check your Battlelog news, brah.

Since the day of launching Battlelog we have been working hard on adding new features and fixing issues. Today we’ve rolled out many of those fixes on Battlelog. The list below shows the biggest changes that we think you guys will appreciate.

The update that took place this morning contained over 100 fixes(!). This number is of course impressive but what’s more exciting is that a vast majority of these new features are based on your feedback on our Get Satisfaction forum. Thanks to you being so active there we can pinpoint what requests are in demand even faster. Next to each change in the list there’s a link to the corresponding feedback thread.

We monitor the Get Satisfaction forums on a daily basis and try to get a picture of what you guys want implemented or fixed. Worth mentioning is that community moderators, support and DICE developers are participating. So if you have feedback or just want to vote for ideas (use the star icon), use the yellow tab on the left side of the page. Thanks for taking the time submitting feedback. As always, we are listening!

Change list
More Server Browser filters
Even more filters have been added to the browser. How about filtering on game size, map rotation and password protection? Free slot searching has also been improved with added options. Requested by Power2ouse among others in this thread.

“Remember me” feature for sign in
When logging in you now have the option to remember your credentials. This allows you to sign right in next time you visit Battlelog, even if you close your browser. Requested by dannyboi among others Get Satisfaction.

Fixed server pinging problems in Internet Explorer 8/9 under “Protected mode”
Due to browser settings in Internet Explorer, server pings did not appear in the Server Browser and has now been fixed. This only affected Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox work as intended. Requested by FixWithFirepower among others. More info in these 2 threads on Get Satisfaction.

Play button next to server name for faster joining
When hovering a server in the Server Browser list, a play button will appear to the left. Clicking it will get you right into the action, even faster than before. Requested by dibley1973 among others in this thread.

Punkbuster check before game launch
Prior to launching the game, Battlelog will now check if Punkbuster has been correctly installed. This should fix the “Kicked by administrator” message some of you got after playing a few minutes. Get Satisfaction.

Refresh buttons for “Favourites” and “History” lists in Server Browser
The listing of your previous or favourite servers now features a refresh button in the top left. This will make refreshing your list of servers much easier! Requested by Rave-UK among others in this thread.

Server Browser now remembers sort order
Searching for servers now automatically remembers your sorting order in the server browser. Requested by NyanPrime among others in this thread.

Reminder about Battlelog's URL when signing in from Origin
Visiting Battlelog from Origin is a handy way of getting started as it will sign you right in. But you can also visit Battlelog from any computer and sign in like you would on any other page. Bookmarking your favorite pages can be very helpful!

Sort order remembered YESSSSSS

How cool is it that they tell who requested the change?

SilverBullet said:

I was expecting more.
I could deal with what seemingly feels less destruction if so many of those smaller objects that don't react weren't so frequent. I've been stopped in a tank a few times by poles etc that should crumble beneath you.

FoggyFreek

&Divius said:

THIS sucks.

Try RUSH on Operation Firestorm. It's 1 Frogfoot agains 1 A-10. I got my first unlocks there.

Naeblish

Anton Sugar said:
Check your Battlelog news, brah.

Sort order remembered YESSSSSS

How cool is it that they tell who requested the change?
Very cool, i really like the community feeling i get from that blog post.

radicalchris

Neo Member
While im enjoying all the new maps, they still lack distiction to keep it interesting. For example in BC2 each map had totally different look and feel with jungle, desert and snow settings.

And the LAV should be used more as a vehicle. I've only noticed it in Seine crossing and Kharg

Naeblish said:
Very cool, i really like the community feeling i get from that blog post.

Agreed. It really makes me want to put some of my ideas on the Get Satisfaction site, if they really do listen to the feedback. We should have/track a list of GAF requests so we can rep them.

As a server browser, Battlelog is already miles ahead of anything DICE has put out in the past. And then you have the stat tracking/social aspect...

MrOogieBoogie said:
Is it worth the lower accuracy and power?

Really depends on your playstyle. For close range, absolutely. I don't even think accuracy decreases (at all), just bullet speed, and the damage only decreases at long range. For med-long range, can depend on the weapon. M4A1 at long range with suppressor is basically useless, can take 6-8 shots to kill someone.

Corky

Anyone know how to not have CCleaner removing things related to Battlelog?

Cudder

Me and a friend tried getting the trophy for completing the co op mission Drop Em Like Liquid without being spotted yesterday for 3 fucking hours I shit you not. We always get stuck on the part when 3 seperate groups of 3 are advancing on your team. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Corky

spk said:
It would be better to ditch CCleaner altogether tbh

How come? I enjoy being able to clean up the registry shit left behind from software and temp folders that get clogged.

Corky

red731 said:
Untick cookies for your internet browser there? Or maybe even history...

But how will I ever hide my shame?!

TheNamelessOne said:
I guess it's all saved as cookies, so why not try disabling cookie cleaning?

Alright, I'll check that out. I was just surprised that ccleaner also removed the battlelog plugin aswell, or maybe that was related to the update? I'm confused.

Nabs

I swear, the game crashes every time I try to join a new server. It sometimes takes 4 or so tries to get in.

God I hate how most servers have you play two rounds of every map. That's like 40 minutes on one map.

It annoyed me in BC2, but I only played that casually so not too much. After 24hrs already invested in this game I just want to get on to the next map.

What's the mentality behind it? Most maps are balanced in such a way that you don't gain an advantage from spawning on one side of the map as apposed to the other. BF is the only franchise I've ever played where they repeat maps in such a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom