• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

Radec said:
Will you be able to level up the Assault rifle upto the last AR even if just using the M416?

Your Assault kit score is from any points achieved using the kit, regardless of weapon choice. This unlocks the Assault class unlocks. Points earned with vehicles does not count to your kit score.

eek5

Jack Scofield said:
But if I'm in a vehicle I'm outta luck, then? Unless I habitually hop out to check the path ahead, which seems awfully counter-productive to being in a vehicle...
I don't even think you can spot them either. I was on the ground and my teammates were moving into a field of like 20 mines and all I could do was tell them that there were mines ahead even though I could see all of them. Hitting them with LMG is a pain in the ass too so I didn't even bother.

Radec said:
Will you be able to level up the Assault rifle upto the last AR even if just using the M416?

yes and no
the G3A3 is unlocked through co-op only IIRC all other AR's are gained through leveling up the assault class.

You unlock weapon specific equipment by reaching "kill" milestones red dot sight @ 25 kills, foregrip @30 etc. etc.

*edit* Beaten :(

Enkidu

Jack Scofield said:
Is there an easy way to identify AT Mines? They're nearly impossible to spot and they make all the vehicles on Grand Bazaar nearly useless since there are only two roads.
I don't think they are that hard to spot. What resolution are you playing at? You might want to bump it up a notch if you can handle it since I imagine that would help.

Xater

So I just finished the SP and yeah it's pretty terrible. The missions with Dima were probably the best ones. Already tried some MP and that part of the game is glorious.

Radec

ii Stryker said:
yes and no
the G3A3 is unlocked through co-op only IIRC all other AR's are gained through leveling up the assault class.

You unlock weapon specific equipment by reaching "kill" milestones red dot sight @ 25 kills, foregrip @30 etc. etc.

*edit* Beaten :(

Spl1nter said:
Your Assault kit score is from any points achieved using the kit, regardless of weapon choice. This unlocks the Assault class unlocks. Points earned with vehicles does not count to your kit score.

Thanks man.

Spl1nter

GraveRobberX said:
What's Extended Persistence? in the B2K gameplay trailer

no one precisley knows. Its referring to 'assignments', but no information has been released about what is an 'assignment'.

daedalius

MrOogieBoogie said:
I'm loving the dissatisfaction that all the wanna-be sniper prodigies are experiencing with this game and the Recon class in general.

So what if you don't want to be a sniper and just happen to prefer single-shot rifles?

Lemme guess, you probably play engineer and think they are just fine?

Put your automatic weapon on semi-auto. :)

I have a feeling that might not be quite as effective.

mcrae

i love how much BF encourages double dipping, points wise. i can shoot an enemy for 99% damamge and get 99 points, and then someone else gets 100 points for killing them. it encourages teamwork so much.... just awesome system imo

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
daedalius said:
So what if you don't want to be a sniper and just happen to prefer single-shot rifles?

Put your automatic weapon on semi-auto. :)

woober

daedalius said:

Put your guns on single fire mode. I kid. :p

Edit: Beaten.

F#A#Oo

Banned
MrOogieBoogie said:
I'm loving the dissatisfaction that all the wanna-be sniper prodigies are experiencing with this game and the Recon class in general.

The class has been nerfed...in comparison to BC2...

I just use it to abuse the spawn beacon on difficult maps for CQ ala Damavand Peak, Bazaar and Metro...

These maps require the spawn beacon to pin and hold flags...

icechai

daedalius said:

I have a feeling that might not be quite as effective.

He definitely plays sniper lol. M98 takes quite a bit of Recon points to unlock. As for running around and going to shoot someone close up with a sniper rifle. What sniper does that? I mean aside from BF2 and counter-strike? Run around with your pistol, at close range w/ tactical light you get kills over a lot of people with assault rifles. And they're going to increase pistol strength soon with the new patch so there you go.

f0nz0

Is there any rhyme or reason to matchmaking? I ask this because lately ive seen a whole team of guys 20+ in rank go against my team who was substantially lower in rank and we got our asses handed to us.. This is console by the way

F#A#Oo

Banned
icechai said:
He definitely plays sniper lol. M98 takes quite a bit of Recon points to unlock. As for running around and going to shoot someone close up with a sniper rifle. What sniper does that? I mean aside from BF2 and counter-strike? Run around with your pistol, at close range w/ tactical light you get kills over a lot of people with assault rifles. And they're going to increase pistol strength soon with the new patch so there you go.

Tbh that arguement can be made with any weapon...you have people sniping with SMG's and yet we have people who complained about how underpowered the PP-2000 or UMP and now they're getting a buff...lol

I don't think it's unreasonable that some people expect OHK back for a sniper rifle...but I would personally only want such if it mean't upper body and head WITH a bolt-action...by that I mean heart upwards...not stomach or ribs...

Xux

ii Stryker said:
I've neer played BF2. What's CQ Assault?
Instead of either side having a base and the rest of the flags starting neutral, one team might get a base while the other starts with some of the flags capped and no base.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Xux said:
Instead of either side having a base and the rest of the flags starting neutral, one team might get a base while the other starts with some of the flags capped and no base.

I didn't play BF2 either but this game mode sounds pretty interesting can't wait to play it.

Xux said:

With the exception of swapping the mcom's with flags, how is CQ Assault different from Rush?

Spl1nter said:
It take the idea of attacking and defending in rush and makes it good.

Can you elaborate?

RotBot

mcrae said:
i love how much BF encourages double dipping, points wise. i can shoot an enemy for 99% damamge and get 99 points, and then someone else gets 100 points for killing them. it encourages teamwork so much.... just awesome system imo
You mean 99 points for the assist, 50 points for suppression, and another 10 points for spotting.

DTKT

ii Stryker said:
With the exception of swapping the mcom's with flags, how is CQ Assault different from Rush?

Well, there is no "progression". On wake all the neutral flags are open. You can capture any that you want.

Spl1nter

F#A#Oo said:
I don't think it's unreasonable that some people expect OHK back for a sniper rifle...but I would personally only want such if it mean't upper body and head WITH a bolt-action...by that I mean heart upwards...not stomach or ribs...

Fuck ohk on the body. A skilled player doesnt need it. Its only there for all the other shit players. Taking skill out of games is how you end up with bc2 gunplay.

On CQ Assault:

You start with one team holding all the control points (defenders) and the other team with only a single uncap. Until they capture a control point, they have a ticket bleed. The reason it improves on attack and defend style modes is because of the natural openness of conquest. The defending team does not have any uncaps so they have to defend their points while attacking any points they have lost in fear of losing all their points.

Its a great mode because it creates nice front lines and points of interets on maps but does not contain players to a small area or chokepoint.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'd playing Rush more often it wasn't for that godawful siren the MCOM stations produce. Ugh...

Korosenai

Just finished the single player on hard and got all the achievements for it. I really enjoyed it and I thought it was alot of fun. I am the 1%.

Gui_PT

NubInaTub said:
Just finished the single player on hard and got all the achievements for it. I really enjoyed it and I thought it was alot of fun. I am the 1%.

Man, I was playing the sniper mission on hard and got a bad checkpoint 30 seconds from the level being finished. Everytime I loaded the previous checkpoint I'd lose the mission for being too far from the defense point...
Gotta restart that crap now.

panda21 said:
damn it DICE they finally make 360 controller work ok on the PC... almost.. they just had to screw it up somehow. the QTE events refuse to accept the controller as input so you have to switch to the keyboard/mouse quickly

Wait, so DICE is working on this? Did the latest patch add button prompts to the UI? I'm just asking because I'll probably have to get this at some point due to peer pressure. I'd rather just play Section8 indefinitely but it's getting hard to find a game with more than 3 people. Underrated game, by far. The Metroid Prime-esque lockon mechanic must have scared too many people.

icechai

F#A#Oo said:

OHK from upper body and higher is usually good... on smaller maps. The problem is in places like Firestorm, Kharg, and Caspian, you'll just have snipers staying in the hills and getting double the amount of kills they do now. I do think they should up the damage of bolt rifles to 85-90% for non head shots though.

Ryu

Cobra84 said:
I just gave up using my G940. The dead zones on the joystick the game sets were too big to be usable.

The game was designed to be used with a console controller, so I bought a wired Xbox 360 controller. I set up Ace Combat style controls and haven't had a single problem.

Can you PM me your button layout on that thing so I can mimick it for myself? That would be awesome. :)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Man if I were DICE i would fucking hate EA over the whole Origin bullshit. I can play fine but many of my friends can't play right now because fucking Origin shuts down after log in. Can we get a fucking Steam release already. Having having both Origin and battlelog makes no fucking sense. Argh so annoyed.

Moaradin

Doc Holliday said:
Man if I were DICE i would fucking hate EA over the whole Origin bullshit. I can play fine but many of my friends can't play right now because fucking Origin shuts down after log in. Can we get a fucking Steam release already. Having having both Origin and battlelog makes no fucking sense. Argh so annoyed.

Lol steam version wouldn't be using steamworks, that's for sure.

that jet mission is fucking godly, but I wish they gave you a finite amount of ammo and missiles. would have made it that much more realistic. also, I kind of wish they tried to simulate the effect of G forces on the body, especially during the dogfight.

J-Rzez

I've played through the Recon class, and it's exactly what it's named to be, Recon. Not sniper, Recon. Sure you can still snipe, but it's tough, and in CQC maps it's nearly useless outside of spawn beacons when they work. That still hasn't stopped me from using iron sights on my snipers for a challenge in these modes, but the class was designed to spot enemies for the rest of your teammates to kill. They're not god-mode like in other games, but it's rewarding to play for the challenge.

If there's an OP class, it's Engineer for sure. They have an answer for everything. They can hold their own against every other class, and they have ways to counter every armor in the game. Sure you need to rely on med kits and ammo packs, but to me that makes them the premier class in the game. They can single handedly change the game in seconds at times.

I use the recon not to snipe, not to rush in and sneak spawn points for my teammates, but to fly MAVs into enemy infantry. It's freaking hilarious watching them panic and try to take you down.
They need to add achievement or some kinda medal for getting MAV kills.

Last time I played sdm I got 7-1 with the mav.

ace3skoot

A-91 is a Beast! i just used it for and hour and dominated Rush winning 6 games ( game including attack and defence) in a row, the clip capacity over the scar makes it about a million times better, with NVIR it will be unstoppable, am i the only one who thinks so? id like to think i just clicked with this gun and 6 MVP's is my just deserts for all the time i was plowing in but some how i doubt it :p

on the subject of NVIR scope, i think it should be made a gadget, or when its eqiped you can't have a gadget as that would balance its strength, because i cant see how you can nerf it without making it completely useless.

OG Kush

ace3skoot said:
on the subject of NVIR scope, i think it should be made a gadget, or when its eqiped you can't have a gadget as that would balance its strength, because i cant see how you can nerf it without making it completely useless.
Word. Its too good, but I love it.
Also how many stars do you have to get on a weapon to max it? As I get 2000 points for 1 star (100 kills) but is there a certain amount of kills I can get to get an even bigger reward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom