• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVIL

RbBrdMan said:
That is not working for me. I've tried with caps lock on, caps lock off, with a space, with a dash, for PC, for PS3, I even tried to redeem a code for battlefield heroes. None of them work.

So fucking pissed. Same shit happened to me last time with BC2.
try this (from the dr pepper site FAQ)

Code:
I tried to enter my code but it was invalid
Each Dr Pepper EA Games Every Bottle/Cup Wins code consists of 12 alpha-numeric characters. If your code is not accepted, please use the guide below to confirm that the correct letters and numbers have been keyed into the code field.

If you read:	Try entering as:
D	                (number) 0
C                      (number) 0
W	                 V V (two upper case V's)
V	                 Y

J-Rzez

akmcbroom said:
Ok GAF, what's the quickest way to take down a full upgraded Heli?

For new page. Some advice would be great.

Well, when I'm getting fucked up the ass by a heli, I get in a mobile AA to push it's shit in. (lol soldier quotes!)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
EVIL said:
try this (from the dr pepper site FAQ)

Thanks man, but I have tried that also. It's on the help page before sending off a help ticket, which I have done 3 times without a reply.

codecow

greenjerk said:
Yeah, I hope they give recon some love. There's some good unlock-able gadgets but I'm not feeling it at all. I loved recon in BC2 but it just hasn't clicked with me at all yet.

Agreed. Seems useless to me, although I might try playing it with my trusty PP2K and maybe the 870 if it has something kind of like motion sensor.

eek5

RS4- said:
Hrm, the latest patch or whatever it was seems to have updated my mortar kills and finally started to show up
I see my mortar, grenade, mine, and revives now. No go on claymore kills though.

RS4-

eek5 said:
I see my mortar, grenade, mine, and revives now. No go on claymore kills though.

Yeah looking at it now, I don't have claymores showing up either (I probably have maybe 3 claymore kills anyway)

Reposting for new page:

Hey guys, since it's apparent that DICE does look at Get Satisfaction suggestions, I really think we should take advantage of this and get support for some of these ideas (currently, some of the most popular on the site). Please go to these and "like" the idea in order to get the attention of DICE. Unlike a petition or random forum post, this site actually IS looked at by DICE, so it's the best place to contribute.

Note: you may want to make sure you disable the "follow" function, which auto-enables when you like a topic, or you'll get a lot of emails.

Customize Weapon Loadouts Directly from Battlelog
New In-Game UI
When dead, give us options/squad/weapons/classes menu earlier instead of showing deathcam only
In-game ping on scoreboard
6 man squads, Commanders, full detailed map view and squad orders!
Ability to quit after a round has completed
End of round chat
Make chat window smaller or resizable
Practice mode/free roam

And two of my own:

Flashlight brightness based on HDR lighting OR indoor/outdoor location
Improving Party & Join as Party functionality

vehn

akmcbroom said:
Ok GAF, what's the quickest way to take down a full upgraded Heli?

For new page. Some advice would be great.

If the heli pilot and gunner have voice chat, you'll never hit it with stinger missiles as the alternating flares will always be up. Both stationary and mobile AA kill them really quickly, as well as the jet's machine gun. If you have a friend, make him go sniper and use the SOFLAM on the heli, and then you go engi with a Javelin. I think it one shots it, with no way to mitigate via flares.

Fighting it with another chopper could work too, just get above it and have the gunner shoot it.

Spl1nter

Stallion Free said:
And LOL @ Conquest Assault finally being brought back. Karkand would have been lame as shit with the current Conquest Head On that Dice has decided it should use for everything.

They fucking listened to me stall. Im so fucking happy. DICE should just hire me already.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Metalmurphy said:
Just noticed there was a web plugin update. Hopefully I can play coop with friends now -.-

Oh hey, I think it was you that was having the same trouble I was with joining servers for the first time and getting a "Battlefield has stopped working" error.

Wanted to let you know that I think I fixed that for myself. You should try setting the BF3.exe to "Run as Administrator" and Origin to "Run as Administrator".

Since doing that I haven't had that issue anymore and maps even tend to load a bit faster.

Stallion Free said:
I just find it amusing that flashlights exist in the game and there isn't a single map dark enough to actually justify the use of one.

There are many building interiors that are incredibly dark, almost pitch black... funny enough darker than most areas in a night time maps which have very clear visibility...

Mazdarati

Neo Member
zlatko said:
100% agree with everything you said here. I'm still in the mindset that Recon is by far the most shitty class in the game. It did a lot better in BFBC2 and it had a lot to do with both the weapons they were given, the damage they dealt, and the maps.

I can try to line up perfect shots but I'll have moments where I watch the bullet hit their head and it doesn't give me headshots. The only use I've found for recon in this game is if you want to hold down a spot/are playing Rush, and you just use your spawn satellite somewhere, then swap classes.

I would agree that Recon is the worst class in the game for getting kills. Like you said, the class's greatest strength is not through killing the enemy, but spotting them. I played 2 matches 32man Rush where all I used was the MAV and spotted the whole match. People have complained that spotting doesn't get you enough points....I disagree. I went 0-0 and was in the top 5. 2500 points for hitting Q the whole match. Another 15-20 ribbons for all the spotting and my final score was close to 6000 points! After 3 matches of only using the MAV, I had the recon medal(or whatever it's called). Quick way to rank up your recon class especially if there's a guy on your team with a mortar.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wish they would have the functionality to invite someone to your squad once you have set it to private, also I wish you could just flat out create your own squad. Not just wait until you get lucky enough to become squad leader so you can play with your mates in a squad.

Spl1nter said:
Zh1nt0 either trolling or hinting about the future on twitter.

"I miss titan mode"

Saw that earlier. Most assuredly trolling.

It'd be fun if they did a 2142 map pack, as I never got to play any of them. I don't know how they'd replicate Titan mode, though.

Even though everyone seems to be raving about the sounds in this game, there's one thing that really pisses me off. Do you have to own some sweet 5.1 surround system or wear some excellent headphones before you can hear enemy coming from behind. I fucking never hear anything before someone stabs me from behind.. it's like no one makes any foot sounds in this game no matter what kind of surface they are walking or running on.

Miggytronz

Rabbitweed said:
Even though everyone seems to be raving about the sounds in this game, there's one thing that really pisses me off. Do you have to own some sweet 5.1 surround system or wear some excellent headphones before you can hear enemy coming from behind. I fucking never hear anything before someone stabs me from behind.. it's like no one makes any foot sounds in this game no matter what kind of surface they are walking or running on.

i hear them with my x11 Turtle Beachs with War Tapes on.

aranth

Oh boy, having so much fun with the canister shell unlock for the tanks. Insta kills infantry at long ranges with little pellet spread so it's hard to miss, and the high muzzle velocity makes it imposible to dodge. You can also double tap the main cannon with it, for maximum carnage (and fun).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
SapientWolf said:
Yeah, jets are kind of broken right now. One of the biggest problems is the lack of throttle control. You just zip right past all your targets at full speed. The other problem is the lack of effective ATG weaponry.
Ok, I need to correct myself. You have throttle control on the kb but air speed control on the jets is inexplicably broken on HOTAS joysticks with a separate throttle. Even though helicopters work perfectly.

rar

PaleFolklore said:
IRNV scopes are insane. The only class I play is engineer and as soon as I unlock them on each weapon they stay on. I kind of feel like I have a serious advantage over others not using them.

jesus it feels like i'm hacking, wow

owlbeak

Just double-dipped and bought this on PC since I've owned all the other BF games on PC as well.

Could you guys let me know if I'll be able to play BF3 on decent/medium settings?

My build:

- Intel Pentium-D dualcore 3.4ghz
- 6gb DDR2 RAM
- ATI HD5770 1GB
- Audigy2 ZS Platinum sound card
System is a bit old, but hoping I don't have to upgrade anything.

icechai

PaNaMa said:
In his defense tho, I agree sniping is a lot harder. Hitting someone in the head from from 200-300 yards isn't easy. The "head zone" hit box seems smaller in BF3 than BFBC2. If I rail someone in the upper torso from that distance I'm generally pretty pleased with my shot - but the guy doesn't die, and I never get the kill cause he moves during my reload animation (Sv98 being single shot).

They often strafe back out and machine gun spam my red triangle til I'm dead.

In short (I find) it's a lot easier to kill someone from 250 yards with a machine gun than it is with a bolt action sniper rifle. Unless your first shot is perfect, that is.
Admittedly, I'm not very good at sniping tho. But I did well with it in BFBC2, so I know it's a lot harder in BF3

Once you get the straight pull bolt, you don't have to leave your sights which makes it easier getting that 2nd hit in. Obviously Snipers are a lot better on the smaller maps like Seine Crossing and Damavand Peak.

Something finally clicked yesterday when I was on Seine and i'd be with my team on the bridges, stand up from crouch and just pop headshots on people on the other side and other bridge. I'm sure when IRNV is finally unlocked soon it will just be ridiculous.

But yes, its much easier on my score and k/d as a support class with the machine guns than sniper rifles.

birdcity said:
Could you guys let me know if I'll be able to play BF3 on decent/medium settings?
The processor is an extreme bottleneck. You're very likely gonna cut your card's potential by over half. I will not hope for playable framerates.

Just for comparison, I had an X2 5000+ paired with a HD5850 (OC). My processor is bit better while my GPU is a lot better, but I only managed 15-20FPS on the lowest settings. Once I swapped it with a decent processor (i3-2100), I can get 40-45FPS on ultra.

Loxley

The last few games I've played have been pretty laggy, but man, when this game is awesome it is fucking awesome; it's liquid Battlefield. I'm really enjoying spreading my time across all the classes to get the necessary unlocks, which is weird because I found it really annoying in Bad Company 2. Granted it is annoying as a lonely Rank 5 to be headshotted from a Rank 22 Recon with his laser-sighted Scope-mounted SV98 from across the map, but oh well.

Really glad this came out a few weeks before Skyrim, otherwise I wouldn't know what the hell to do with myself between the two. I should be pretty well invested into BF3 by next Friday so I won't mind taking a break for a while to lose myself in Skyrim.

Biggzy

birdcity said:
Just double-dipped and bought this on PC since I've owned all the other BF games on PC as well.

My build:

You seriously might want to look into upgrading that processor.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I asked this before, and never got a response:

What are the rules for spotting? On a regular, non-hardcore server, why does it sometimes work flawlessly and sometimes never? What is that "plonk" noise that sounds after you press the spot key more than 5 times in a row?

I'll have a tank right in the middle of my screen, nothing blocking line of sight, and 1/4 of the time it won't spot even after numerous presses of the spot key. Neither an icon on the minimap nor an icon over the tank. Again, this is on a non-hardcore server.

Also, what determines when the spot "goes away"? I've successfully spotted a tank to only have the spotted icon disappear 1 second after I spotted it, even though I was still looking directly at it.

mr_nothin

Banned
Cross post from the other thread:
It's really easy once you figure out exactly what settings do what. Also, there's a few injectors out there that makes everything easy for you so you dont have to shift through too much code.

External FXAA & Color Correction for BF3 said:
1. Go here and download FXAA_PPI_Rev_37.zip: http://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents#

2. Extract all the files from the "DirectX10" folder, from within the zip, to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 or wherever your BF3.exe lies

3. As of right now: external FXAA, sharpening, tonemapping, technicolor, and sepia are all enabled

4. In order to disable and customize all of these different filters....open up injFX_Settings.h (in notepad or wordpad) from within your BF3 installation directory.

5. You should see a section named "Filter Selection". Right under that, you should see a list of filters:
#define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
#define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
//#define USE_BLOOM *NOT WORKING
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR
#define USE_TONEMAP
#define USE_SEPIA
//#define USE_VIGNETTE
#define USE_POST_SHARPEN
//#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER

6. To disable a filter: put "//" (without quotes) in front of the filter you want to have disabled.
For example, if you want to disable sepia...find "#define USE_SEPIA" in the "Filter Selection" section and put "//" in front of it so it looks like this: "//#define USE_SEPIA". Sepia is now disabled

7. If you want to re-enable, then just delete the "//"

8. Right off, you want to disable "TechniColor" because it adds a washed out/bleached effect to the game by default.

9. What you want to focus on is the "Tonemap" section which has contrast/gamma/saturation...etc etc.

10. For color correction, you want to focus on "#define FogColor float4(0.08, 0.28, 0.10, 3.0)" under the "ToneMap" section. The 1st decimal number controls the amount of blue. 2nd = red. 3rd = yellow. 4th = white

11. You can adjust any setting in "real-time". To see the effects of your changes immediately...just alt-tab out of BF3, make a change, then go back to the game and you should see the changes. *This doesnt work with windowed mode.

Make sure you turn off POST PROC AA in BF3 to make sure that you dont get a double dose of FXAA which will make your game even blurrier

FlyinJ said:
Also, what determines when the spot "goes away"? I've successfully spotted a tank to only have the spotted icon disappear 1 second after I spotted it, even though I was still looking directly at it.

Spot remains until a couple of seconds after you lose it from your sight. Vehicles last longer, while aircraft last even longer than that.

iam220

birdcity said:

My build:

I think that processor will be dead in the water. If you manage to get it running at anything resembling decent FPS than I'd be surprised.

gray_fox224

Can the Enginner class hold its own of maps with long range battles? I see it as a class where it's strength only lies in the short-mid range...

BLU-82

Still having issues with not being able to fire full auto(affects every weapon incl vehicles). Posted in support forums but haven't heard shit. No one else experiencing this?

First shot always fires, then there is a huge delay before 2 more shots fire, pause, 2/3 more etc etc.

:(

punkypine

birdcity said:

My build:

Processor sucks but the video card is the same as mine and it runs great

RS4-

The .44 is...well I don't think the extra damage will make up for the ROF lol.

I think I'll go back to my m9/1911

haha new and awesome bug. last 4 games in a row i get an error at the end of the round after it shows the winner/loser screen. This results in stats not being uploaded 4 games in a row. Sweet...

birdcity said:

My build:

GPU is fine for low-medium settings. CPU will definitely give you some trouble though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom