• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace3skoot

OG Kush said:
Word. Its too good, but I love it.
Also how many stars do you have to get on a weapon to max it? As I get 2000 points for 1 star (100 kills) but is there a certain amount of kills I can get to get an even bigger reward?

i just got the second star on my scar and got 2000 points again so i'm not sure if it does go up, but the second star on the scar was the same :p

edit: that was for 250 kills, atleast that was the last major landmark i passed

hahaha the INRV on the tank is hilarious. I went on a massive killstreak sniping people in my tank. Not to mention you can see all the mines and can rack up a ton of points from destroying explosive ribbons. Sooooo overpowered.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
All my "bf3.exe has stopped working" crashes ( except the one that happens when you load up the game for the first time during a day, the "cold-boot" one ) are gone ever since I gave run as admin status for both origin and bf3. Thanks gaf.

Also

capturedno6g.png

sad_frogluosu.jpg

Kolgar

Face palm at the reviews. I'm playing the single-player game and it's the most memorable military shooter I've experienced. So good.

Corky

So when will the normal people get access to the Physical warfare stuff ?

Kolgar said:
Face palm at the reviews. I'm playing the single-player game and it's the most memorable military shooter I've experienced. So good.

to each their own I guess. I gave up after the second level, it was soooooooooo boring. I never not finish sp campaigns (even if I love the online mp a lot) but this might be the one to break my record.

Co-ops fun though.

noise36

Doc Holliday said:
Man if I were DICE i would fucking hate EA over the whole Origin bullshit. I can play fine but many of my friends can't play right now because fucking Origin shuts down after log in. Can we get a fucking Steam release already. Having having both Origin and battlelog makes no fucking sense. Argh so annoyed.

I hate origin ...I love steam? Because that makes sense?

http://www.gamefront.com/crack-lets-you-play-battlefield-3-without-origin/

Majanew

Banned
The tactical light needs to go and the laser sight needs to stop impairing my vision just because someone is pointing their gun in my direction. And why does it seem like when someone is shining their tactical light in my eyes, it seems to act like a force field?

Kolgar said:

Yep, it has some really fun moments. It's not as good as the MW campaigns, but it was really enjoyable and better than the majority of single-player games I've played this year. The Dima missions are especially fun and the game punctuates itself with crazy moments from time to time (such as a jet strafing your squad. That part was intense).

Does anyone have any tips of flying on PC? Specifically jets but I'll take any advice I can get. I'm pretty comfortable lining up shots without the Air-to-Air missiles, but just basic flying messes me up sometimes (Sharp turns, missile avoidance, cannon avoidance). Do I need a joystick to become more than "okay" at flying in Battlefield? I never had the chance to fly in Battlefield 2 so I never really learned how to, but I've been getting pretty lucky spawns in Battlefield 3 and I am almost able to spawn on jets every other spawn.

Corky

MrBig said:
Ugh, the amount of people who seemingly refuse to give out ammo as support is saddening.

On a hardcore server, I think I must've been on 1% health or so because the screen was totally grey, I followed this medic across the map for 10 minutes spamming Q screaming " MEDPACK PLEASE I'M DYING DEAR GOD GIVE ME SOME HEALTH I BEG OF YOU"...

I didn't get it

Corky said:
On a hardcore server, I think I must've been on 1% health or so because the screen was totally grey, I followed this medic across the map for 10 minutes spamming Q screaming " MEDPACK PLEASE I'M DYING DEAR GOD GIVE ME SOME HEALTH I BEG OF YOU"...

I didn't get it

Team killing is there for a reason Corky

zlatko

Banned
Corky said:

I didn't get it

Did you try hitting K, and typing to ask for it?

Nabs

Corky said:

I didn't get it

You're supposed to press Mouse 1, duh.

Corky

LabouredSubterfuge said:

Nabs said:
You're supposed to press Mouse 1, duh.

Oooh so that's why he didnt give it to me. Though honestly, I could've killed the bastard, taken his kit, tossed an ammo box and then switched back to mine. Damn it.

zlatko said:
Did you try hitting K, and typing to ask for it?

Apparently he was illiterate, that or he didn't pay attention to the chat box.

derFeef

Anyone else's squad spawn menu showing the wrong classes of your squadmates? I constantly spawn as classes that do not fit into the squad because of that. For example it is showing me 2 Support and one Medic, but the squad actually contains of Recon, Medic and Engineer after spawning into it.

zlatko

Banned
Corky said:
Oooh so that's why he didnt give it to me. Though honestly, I could've killed the bastard, taken his kit, tossed an ammo box and then switched back to mine. Damn it.

Apparently he was illiterate, that or he didn't pay attention to the chat box.

2gv95cn.jpg

Seriously though, how do you miss the chatbox that is the size of the moon in this game.

MrBig

SapientWolf said:
I think you can request ammo but I forgot how.
Yes, you can. Hence "refuse."
Most people don't have mics on consoles. I request ammo and they don't flinch, so I resort to the ancient method of shooting them with my sidearm and, very rarely, that will actually work.

Corky

Tokubetsu said:
So, it's dope...?

It's fly.

zlatko said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2gv95cn.jpg[/IMG

Seriously though, how do you miss the chatbox that is the size of the moon in this game.[/QUOTE]

Lol all I know is that if it's not the green squad text then odds are my eyes won't notice it either.

aznpxdd

Seriously, I have to follow the support in my squad for awhile, shooting at him and typing GIMME AMMO! for him to finally lay them down. I always always spam the health pack as long as there are others around.

mcrae

LabouredSubterfuge said:

lol, on this server i often play on theres a message every ~10 minutes "if you cant deal with accidental teamkilling, please play elsewhere"

we all spawned and rushed the attack helicopter, and two guys got in before me. i was frusterated and looked at one, then on a whim started shooting. didnt realize i could kill him through the glass lol... so then i got in and took off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom