• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
Is 657m a good distance for a headshot?

Wanna know how I stack up with other Gaffers.

my best is 412, and i thought that was really impressive. i think it was only with an 8x ... but either way it took like 6 tries, was a prone vs prone sniper battle

someone else has a 597 i believe

any moving headshot impresses the hell out of me pretty much

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it when someone moves the Humvee while im racking up kilss..

ugggggggggghhh
He must have read the guide to mastering Battlefield 2:

If Somebody Is Using a Ground Vehicle's Gun, Get In and Drive It Away! - Some vehicles, such as jeeps and vans, have mounted cannons on top to scare away enemy birds. If you see a stationary vehicle, one where somebody is manning the top gun and shooting at some indeterminate location, feel free to jump right in and drive it away! I mean, obviously the guy was just sitting around like a useless dreg and waiting for an experienced driver to take him somewhere, anywhere! How else can you possibly explain somebody sitting inside a vehicle and not driving it? If the person manning the machine gun has placed land mines directly in front of the vehicle and even says "please do not get in, I'm using the gun to defend the flag," just ignore him, hop into the driver's seat, then drive right over the land mines, killing you both! Then punish for a team kill because you're a stupid fucking reject of the human race who deserves to have hot metal skewers jabbed into your eye sockets while a homeless man slices open your stomach and shoves pieces of broken glass and rusty bicycle gears into you. Not that I'm still mad.

mcrae said:
my best is 412, and i thought that was really impressive. i think it was only with an 8x ... but either way it took like 6 tries, was a prone vs prone sniper battle

I was pissed earlier when i posted a 587 Headshot and didnt get the screen cap.

Got this one though :p

Zeppelin

mcrae said:

I just got my longest headshot a couple of matches ago: 461.04 m. Hit some poor dude somewhere near the Forest flag in the head with a tank shell from the RU base on Caspian. :p

mcrae

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
I was pissed earlier when i posted a 587 Headshot and didnt get the screen cap.

Got this one though :p

hell maybe the 597 i was thinking of was actually your 587 lol

1stStrike

Banned
sp3000 said:
Yeah, I haven't been playing on the server because of this. Really need an admin to take notice when we have stacked teams.

All you do is bitch, anyway. It's a lot more peaceful without you around.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
1stStrike said:
All you do is bitch, anyway. It's a lot more peaceful without you around.

But he's right. Teams are always stacked. It's not very fun in that case.

Makoto

Will this game stop with the shitty capture point spawns? I thought spawning on squadmates was supposed to be the high risk, high reward spawn. Spawning right in front of an enemy who is trying to capture our points is just infuriating.

1stStrike

Banned
MrOogieBoogie said:
But he's right. Teams are always stacked. It's not very fun in that case.

It's completely random. It's not like people are joining the server and trying to stack teams. This shit happens on every server out there. What do you want them to do? There IS nothing that can be done right now aside from playing better so that you don't lose.

And, if you expect an admin to be online 24/7 fucking "balancing" teams, then you're retarded.

Go run your own fucking server and see how it turns out.

1stStrike said:
It's completely random. It's not like people are joining the server and trying to stack teams. This shit happens on every server out there. What do you want them to do? There IS nothing that can be done right now aside from playing better so that you don't lose.

And, if you expect an admin to be online 24/7 fucking "balancing" teams, then you're retarded.

Tell em why you mad, son.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
1stStrike said:

First of all, I don't understand why you're so mad.

Second of all, I had no idea that there was no automatic server balancing.

Third of all, seriously, why so mad?

Zeppelin

Wow, I just noticed that you won't be able to unlock thermal optics for the IFVs. Played some Grand Bazaar on the GAF server just now and there were mines all over the place. I must have spent more time looking at the ground than anything else. Dodging that shit without thermal optics is gonna be a bitch in the future.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Tried guided missile on a tank with somebody in the 3rd seat painting targets. Got 17 kills before they took us down. The best part is that they don't seem to hear it coming which means they don't have time to bail out, getting you the disable AND the kills.

Zeppelin said:
Wow, I just noticed that you won't be able to unlock thermal optics for the IFVs. Played some Grand Bazaar on the GAF server just now and there were mines all over the place. I must have spent more time looking at the ground than anything else. Dodging that shit without thermal optics is gonna be a bitch in the future.

Is that an upcoming change? I drive around with thermal in IFRs blowing up mines. Every two explosive devices yields a ribbon, it is really easy points in between hosing down a flag.

Zeppelin

Woo-Fu said:
Is that an upcoming change? I drive around with thermal in IFRs blowing up mines. Every two explosive devices yields a ribbon, it is really easy points in between hosing down a flag.

Ha, no, you're right. I missed the fact that I already had it unlocked. Nevermind people, move along!

Xux

vidal said:
Will this game stop with the shitty capture point spawns? I thought spawning on squadmates was supposed to be the high risk, high reward spawn. Spawning right in front of an enemy who is trying to capture our points is just infuriating.
I like spawning on C on (console/small) CQ on Seine Crossing 'cause it spawns on the stairs inbetween C and A which can be right in the middle of enemies cramming in from A. Mildly hilarious when it doesn't backfire.

So I look at my unlock progression of the Sv-98, and it says Flash Suppressor - You need to be a DICe employee to unlock this. WHAT kind of BS is this? I hope they make it unlockable in Karkand or something...Thats utter BS.

I've gained a new hobby: running people over with the MAV.

I probably got 30 people with it tonight alone. Shame that Battlelog doesn't keep track of roadkills with it. :(

demolitio

Anyone who wants a good squadmate, add "Demolitio" to BL or Origin. I also want to do coop to get more guns so the Hit and Run mission is the easiest for that.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
SteveO409 said:
GAF needs to randomize teammates because the stacked high level team on that server is annoying lol

Everytime I go in there I leave like 2 minutes later. So one sided.

Zeppelin

I've been thinking a bit of how they can nerf the mobile AA. I think their best option is to reduce the rate of fire and maybe the number of rounds you can fire before you need to reload. The heat seekers I don't find that useful if the enemy has flares but the cannons will kill anything in a matter of seconds if it comes to close as it is. If they reduce the rate of fire they'll be a bit harder to take down plus it won't be as strong against infantry. As it is now you can easily mow down infantry crossing the road ahead from A on Kharg. Not a lot of rounds hit the target but the sheer amount of them eventually get the kill.

I don't think they could do anything about the range or accuracy without making it completely useless for its intended purpose.

Kahoona

Zeppelin said:
I've been thinking a bit of how they can nerf the mobile AA. I think their best option is to reduce the rate of fire and maybe the number of rounds you can fire before you need to reload. The heat seekers I don't find that useful if the enemy has flares but the cannons will kill anything in a matter of seconds if it comes to close as it is. If they reduce the rate of fire they'll be a bit harder to take down plus it won't be as strong against infantry. As it is now you can easily mow down infantry crossing the road ahead from A on Kharg. Not a lot of rounds hit the target but the sheer amount of them eventually get the kill.

I don't think they could do anything about the range or accuracy without making it completely useless for its intended purpose.
Make it slower and not able to aim so far downward.

MustacheBandit_ said:
is this video old? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FV4LDCgWMdI#t=18s

basically a support guy having a lot of fun with C4. Makes me want to jump in and play support tonight and troll some snipers.

I think this video shows one of my gripes with the sounds. You can dance a fucking jig around someone, throw ammo boxes on top of them, and yet no one ever seems to hear that an enemy is nearby. Like I've said before, I don't think I have ever heard an enemy approaching before I've been stabbed...

mcrae

Zeppelin said:

well if tanks see them they are usually fucked as long as the tank driver isnt horrible, so i dont know, i think they're ok. i certainly get more kills in tanks than the AA, thats for sure

Zeppelin

Kahoona said:
Make it slower and not able to aim so far downward.

That's also an option!

mcrae said:
well if tanks see them they are usually fucked as long as the tank driver isnt horrible, so i dont know, i think they're ok. i certainly get more kills in tanks than the AA, thats for sure

Yeah, I don't have that much problem with it personally but it seems a lot of people do. As you say, it can't take much damage before going down.

mcrae

aznpxdd

Nostalgia~4ever said:
I believe the audio has not gotten enough credit. It is fantastic and a step up from BC2.

I think we expected this from DICE for a proper Battlefield game. BF2's audio is phenomenal, probably still one of the best out of all the games I've played.

Salacious Crumb

aznpxdd said:
I think we expected this from DICE for a proper Battlefield game. BF2's audio is phenomenal, probably still one of the best out of all the games I've played.

Really? the soundtrack is great but the actual audio quality and sound effects are pretty shit.

derFeef

aznpxdd said:
It was Frostbite that introduced the new audio tech, so it was Bad Company that blew our ears off first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom