• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phandy

sponk said:
its a intel core2quad Q8200, 4GB system memory, win7 x64 OS. I am sure I can "run" the game, but I'd like to know how well it runs actually before I buy the whole product. I am so convinced of BF3's quality that I wouldn't mind buying the game twice.

Your CPU shouldn't be a problem. I'm running a q8300 (oced at 2.9) and same memory/OS, and I run it at ultra/high. I do have a 6870 though, but thought Id mention that your CPU should be able to handle it well. Just depends on yout gfx card.

schnell

So it is a dick move to load up a jeep with C4 and bail out right as you're about to hit a tank and blow it up? Because it's a ton of fun.

schnell said:
So it is a dick move to load up a jeep with C4 and bail out right as you're about to hit a tank and blow it up? Because it's a ton of fun.

It is even better to load up a tank with C4, roll it to a captured flag point and ditch out. Then when the other team gets in it, you blow it up. Fun times.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
schnell said:
Not at all. That's a classic Battlefield tactic.

def sim

OldJadedGamer said:
It is even better to load up a tank with C4, roll it to a captured flag point and ditch out. Then when the other team gets in it, you blow it up. Fun times.

I've just been doing the jeep thing. What the hell, I need to step up my jerk creativity.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Why would finding a good way of combating the enemy be considered a dick move?

He forgot to mention his 3 buddies , god rest their souls, who only wanted to finish listening to Fortunate Son on the radio.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
OldJadedGamer said:

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

kitch9

Banned
rance said:
I've just been doing the jeep thing. What the hell, I need to step up my jerk creativity.

In BF2 you could get into the other teams base, chuck c4 on their man carrier choppers and wait for it to fill up then Boom.

Good times.

GenericUser

Phandy said:
Your CPU shouldn't be a problem. I'm running a q8300 (oced at 2.9) and same memory/OS, and I run it at ultra/high. I do have a 6870 though, but thought Id mention that your CPU should be able to handle it well. Just depends on yout gfx card.

Thanks! Maybe I'll just buy a new video card and give it a try. We'll see.

USF

Enjoyed SP. To me its all about the graphics and some good action. Don't know what GAF really want more.

owlbeak

Wolf Akela said:
The processor is an extreme bottleneck. You're very likely gonna cut your card's potential by over half. I will not hope for playable framerates.

Just for comparison, I had an X2 5000+ paired with a HD5850 (OC). My processor is bit better while my GPU is a lot better, but I only managed 15-20FPS on the lowest settings. Once I swapped it with a decent processor (i3-2100), I can get 40-45FPS on ultra.
Thanks. I knew the processor was getting old. I don't really want to get a new motherboard and everything right now, so I looked into what LGA 775 chips my mobo supported. This looks like the best processor I can find right now (in my price range) that fits in my current board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115059

Will that be a decent improvement from my Pentium D 3.4ghz?

I get random hard crashes every now and then. I'd be annoyed but the game is so good the occasional restart doesn't bother me.

Would be nice if it was patched out for me though.

Corky

Can you kill someone who has initiated a stabbing animation but has yet to complete it? Thus saving your pal? That would be awesome.

DGRE

Banned
Being two weeks late on getting this game (I'm in Korea) really makes it difficult to settle in. The attachments are all extremely useful. Just to pull some decent games took me a really long time. I can't believe how high level everyone is already. I need to step up my game.

DietRob

Has anyone found any 600 ticket conquest servers? If so link me I'd like to play some long matches tonight.

Mammoth Jones said:
I have no idea what I'm doing in multiplayer :(
stick with your squad and play a support role (medic or support). Follow them around and throw ammo and medkits at them and revive them when they die. Eventually you will start getting it. It is overwhelming at first but once it clicks you will be amazed how much you can do in this game and how much fun is to be had.

MikeTyson

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Because you can't lolololol.
Really? Glorious PC Master Race and I can't chat in game? The fuck Dice.

Also you can't text chat in a coop game with a buddy. Well actually you can with Origin but that is laggy and slow =/

KorrZ

Corky said:
Can you kill someone who has initiated a stabbing animation but has yet to complete it? Thus saving your pal? That would be awesome.

Yup, I've been saved by my buddy. As long as you shoot them during the animation before they actually put the knife into you, you'll live. One time I even got pulled into the stab animation while I was repairing my friends tank, I hit the enter vehicle button right as he was stabbing me and I got away into the vehicle.

alphaNoid

Banned
Chittagong said:
I'm confused. Sometimes my assault guy has an optical attachment, sometimes just the metal crap thing
You have different gun configs for either USA or Russia. Each country/class unlocks its own gear so when you unlock an ACOG site for USA Engineer you will not have it for Russian Engy. You need to unlock add-ons for each country, each class.

Also, on rare occasions the game will forget my setup so I have to go in and reconfig my gun accessories.

Corky

KorrZ said:
Yup, I've been saved by my buddy. As long as you shoot them during the animation before they actually put the knife into you, you'll live. One time I even got pulled into the stab animation while I was repairing my friends tank, I hit the enter vehicle button right as he was stabbing me and I got away into the vehicle.

Oh man that is just terrific :D thanks

Divius

My stats are finally starting to look better: W/L ratio = 1.17 - K/D ratio = 1.104
Both were negative before since it took me a while to get the feel of the game, especially after BC2.

Also got my first medal (10K pts :O)

mxgt

Banned
MikeTyson said:
Really? Glorious PC Master Race and I can't chat in game? The fuck Dice.

It's a weird omission but I don't mind it as I don't like listening to random people talking while I play anyway. (even though I can mute them)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
mxgt said:
It's a weird omission but I don't mind it as I don't like listening to random people talking while I play anyway. (even though I can mute them)
Squad chat is essential though. I hope this gets patched.

Dug

Banned
MustacheBandit_ said:
Here's a tip: play engineer and equip the SCAR. That plus mines and rpg = you will feel like you instantly got better
But, I like to play as Support. :\ (What level do you need to unlock the SCAR?)

Dug said:

People don't need yet another engineer out there. Just resupply people like mad. Support's a pretty campy class with the default guns but I CQC using the 870mcs, works like a charm. You can play it almost like assault once you get the M249 + foregrip.

DietRob

Dug said:
Any tips on how to not suck at this game? (I play as Support BTW.)

For support this is what I do. (Note I still suck, but have a ton of fun.)

1. Follow around squad mates, drop ammo and provide suppressive fire.
2. Make sure that you are using a foregrip or bipod.
3. Sneak up to enemy vehicles and blow them to bits with C4.
4. Lay C4 around an objective, find a good place to hide, wait for enemies, kaboom.
KuGsj.gif

5. Try out the mortar.
6. Seek out enemy spawn points surround them with clay mores.
7. Don't worry about how much you die.

edit a few more:
8. Plant C4 on a jeep, drive around and use the jeep as a mobile bomb.
9. Just heard about this one earlier. C4 a jeep take it to an enemy flag abandon it and wait for enemies to take it, when they do, kaboom.

There is a ton of fun to be had in the game if you aren't hung up on K/D.

edit: fixed my numbering mistake.

Dug said:

My post was slighty serious and slightly joking. To be honest I do not play support because I am not a fan of any of their guns and hate the bipod because it seems to get in the way of my play style. I agree with the above poster who said support is more of a campy class. Find a spot, set up your gun and mow down anybody that is in your field of view. Oh and don't be stingy with dropping ammo. Throw it on everybody! For fun, experiment with C4. It only takes 2 of them to destroy a tank too so work on sneaking up on them and blowing em up.

iam220

Dug said:
Any tips on how to not suck at this game? (I play as Support BTW.)

IRNV. Seriously, I unlocked that thing with the scar yesterday and ... like everyone has mentioned it's basically hacks. The graphics in BF3 are great and they blend in the enviroment and character like no other game and the IRNV just undoes it all. They're going to have to remove it or something ... but until than .. enjoy.

Other than that, I think there's a google doc floating around with basic tips and hints to get you to suck less, not sure of the exact link, try checking the OP.

Personally, with the assault class I run with the m249 and 3.5x scope + extended mag. Cover key positions and keep a decent distance from the enemy.

DietRob

SUBZERO-08 said:
I have. Bought a pack and it says all the codes are invalid.

I don't live in Canada but this is the same problem I have from Caps in the US. Seems everyone else is having no problems at all. Maybe I got Canadian import Dr. Peppers. lol

Origin has just been shitting the bed for me lately. Constantly crashes, won't launch me into a game. Feel like it's gotten miles worse since launch and their updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom