• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Which I think is a wrong way to do it. Once you stop unlocking stuff you should stop leveling. Seems a bit silly to keep going up and up but getting nothing for it.
you just get service stars after 45

so in a way, the leveling does stop...

God the single player of this game is SOOOO bad!!

Buggy. No polish. Terrible writing. Worst Quick Time events ever. Boring!

Thankfully the MP game is enjoyable. But even that is buggy. Three times now I have had to quit the game because the game menus F-ed up on me and I couldn't respawn or get back to the main menus.

Arjen

Hey Dice, if i'm partying up with my friends, i want to play with them, not against them.
I could understand it going wrong with 8 people, but with 2?? If we cant be on the same team, don't put us in the freaking game.

Binabik15

PuppetMaster said:
God the single player of this game is SOOOO bad!!

Buggy. No polish. Terrible writing. Worst Quick Time events ever. Boring!

I´m trying to play SP right now, but I made the mistake of replaying a mission to show my brother the graphics in the first level.

Now I want to go back to my campaign, but it loads Swordbreaker instead. And when I go to mission select I can choose Going Hunting, but only on easy, wtf.

roosters93 said:
So what are the differences between soft and hard-core BF3? Team-killing, no minimap.. anything else?

HC health is 60 percent of SC health, no killcams, and a couple of other things which I don't remember.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
roosters93 said:
So what are the differences between soft and hard-core BF3? Team-killing, no minimap.. anything else?

As mentioned,
less health,
no minimap
no kill cam.
no regen
no ammo counter
no 3rd person vehicleviews.

I'm sure there's more.

Divius

Arjen said:
Hey Dice, if i'm partying up with my friends, i want to play with them, not against them. I could understand it going wrong with 8 people, but with 2?? If we cant be on the same team, don't put us in the freaking game.
Yeah this is weird. We also sometimes end up joining a server with 1 empty spot so only I can join and my friend doesn't get in the server.

roosters93 said:
Everything listed above + no crosshair

Ysiadmihi said:
Surprised GT called auto-aim exactly what it is instead of sugar coating it. Maybe they're maturing?

They were surprisingly frank in their assessment of the console version. Colour me impressed with the new, maturer, GT.

GenericUser

RibbedHero said:
They were surprisingly frank in their assessment of the console version. Colour me impressed with the new, maturer, GT.

Yeah, the console version cannot be compared to its pc counterpart. I wish dice would finally release a damn demo version of BF3 so that I could find out if my 2 year old rig can still handle it (at least on low details).

But I dont want to shell out another 50 euros just to find out that the game does not run properly on my machine.

RibbedHero said:
Not sure if old, but Gametrailers has their console review up:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/console-review-battlefield-3/723626

That was quite well done. Weird that the score is still a 8.8, but that's probably because they only mentioned the differences here between the versions and not a complete review. I'm hoping to see this non-sugarcoating a lot more.

EDIT: By the way, coop doesn't work for me. I can't connect to anybody, is it a port situation or can it be something else? Trying to set ports open doesn't seem to work for me (port checkers still say they are closed), so I'm probably limited to no coop.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Prophet Steve said:
EDIT: Corky!

*flinches*

Oh wait... you can't hurt me anymore!

edit : also, get ready for some more action today mate. I haven't had that much in a mp game in years. We gotta do this regularly.

Arucardo

Corky said:
As mentioned,
less health,
no minimap
no kill cam.
no regen
no ammo counter
no 3rd person vehicleviews.

I'm sure there's more.
Correct, except for the minimap, I've yet to see a hardcore server without the minimap. Unless I'm not understanding what that means exactly.

Kyaw

Corky said:
*flinches*

Oh wait... you can't hurt me anymore!

edit : also, get ready for some more action today mate. I haven't had that much in a mp game in years. We gotta do this regularly.

Yes yes yes, i'm trying to watch these two Chuck episodes then BF3 TIME!

Dilly

Banned
I really have the feeling that de Rush objectives are placed too close to the defenders spawn. It sometimes just gets ridiculous.

sponk said:
Yeah, the console version cannot be compared to its pc counterpart. I wish dice would finally release a damn demo version of BF3 so that I could find out if my 2 year old rig can still handle it (at least on low details).

But I dont want to shell out another 50 euros just to find out that the game does not run properly on my machine.

What graphics card do you have? The game is extremely well optimized.

MrBig

Had some really amazing games last night. There was a moment flying jets on Caspian in which the scene from Top Gun where he inverts the jet and fly's over the MIG's canopy was pretty much recreated. I don't know what the other guy saw, but I disabled him with my main gun, throttled down and flipped, and suddenly realized I was right above him. Went into free look mode and there he was. My favorite moment in the game so far

Darklord said:
Can't believe some people have played this for 150 hours so far. That's just under an entire week.
:\

Must be shared accounts. No way you can put that type of time into this game yet. I'm just over 25hrs and it's felt like too much!

GenericUser

RibbedHero said:
What graphics card do you have? The game is extremely well optimized.
Its a ATI 4850 with 1GB Ram. I studied a gaming magazine yesterday and they had a huge special about BF3 and the hardware that you need to run this game. Pretty disappointing, I found out that I have to invest like 700€ to play the game in its full glory and 60fps... a lot of money that I dont want to spend right now.

mxgt

Banned
Having fun with support so far, I hate using LMGs so I'm using the PDW-R. I'm shit at range but it's still a fun gun.

C4 is so much fun to use. So satisfying sneaking up on a tank and C4ing it and getting a triple kill

FoggyFreek

sponk said:
Its a ATI 4850 with 1GB Ram. I studied a gaming magazine yesterday and they had a huge special about BF3 and the hardware that you need to run this game. Pretty disappointing, I found out that I have to invest like 700€ to play the game in its full glory and 60fps... a lot of money that I dont want to spend right now.

What CPU do you have?

GenericUser

FoggyFreek said:
What CPU do you have?
its a intel core2quad Q8200, 4GB system memory, win7 x64 OS. I am sure I can "run" the game, but I'd like to know how well it runs actually before I buy the whole product. I am so convinced of BF3's quality that I wouldn't mind buying the game twice.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
mxgt said:
Having fun with support so far, I hate using LMGs so I'm using the PDW-R. I'm shit at range but it's still a fun gun.

C4 is so much fun to use. So satisfying sneaking up on a tank and C4ing it and getting a triple kill

This is literally my favorite thing to do in the game. It's also pretty fun to throw some C4 around the flag and pick a good spot to hide an enemy team comes charging in and kaboom raspberry jelly.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
sponk said:
its a intel core2quad Q8200, 4GB system memory, win7 x64 OS. I am sure I can "run" the game, but I'd like to know how well it runs actually before I buy the whole product. I am so convinced of BF3's quality that I wouldn't mind buying the game twice.

What resolution would you be running at? I was able to manage 40-45fps with my GTX260 at low settings and 1080p and was able to crank up some stuff to high at 720p.

GenericUser

Ysiadmihi said:
What resolution would you be running at? I was able to manage 40-45fps with my GTX260 at low settings and 1080p and was able to crank up some stuff to high at 720p.

it would be 1680*1050, but I would not mind going sub-native-res to gain fps.

You know guys, thank you for your support, really appreciate what you are doing here, but without a demo its only a guessing game. Its actually mind blowing if you think of it. They release a game that certainly has its demands on ones hardware and then they *forget* to release a demo for everybody to try out and see how well their computer can run the game.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Has DICE ever explained their rationale for disabling exit from the post-game lobby on consoles? It really pisses me off, if I don't want to play another game with spawn point camping fuckers I have to sit and wait a minute or more before I can exit.

Zeppelin

Chittagong said:
Has DICE ever explained their rationale for disabling exit from the post-game lobby? It really pisses me off, if I don't want to play another game with spawn point camping fuckers I have to sit and wait a minute or more before I can exit.

Console version? On PC you just hit Esc and quit the game.

Chittagong said:
Has DICE ever explained their rationale for disabling exit from the post-game lobby on consoles? It really pisses me off, if I don't want to play another game with spawn point camping fuckers I have to sit and wait a minute or more before I can exit.

I'm not a big fan of this as well, but I have to admit that it happens not that much for me and on a plus side, I never had a situation where I waited the 30 seconds and the lobby just dried out in the meantime (as with other titles).
Maybe it was their reason to keep people in the game and hope that not all of them will quit once the new round starts.
Not a strong point, but that was the only thing that I was thinking about while trying to find a reason while waiting to quit a session or switch the server.

Zeppelin said:
PS3 version here and you have to quit the entire game if you want to get out of the "wait for next match" screen.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Zeppelin said:

Yep on consoles there is no way to back out, I wonder why. So stupid

Oh well, EA Online seems to be down anyway, can't connect at all.

EDiT: seems the connection issue is a bug, restarting the game fixed it.

def sim

So I guess I completed the support class. All I'm getting next is some star specialization 2 thing or whatever. I'm rocking an M60 with IRNV, suppressor and it's pretty good. Probably not as efficient as the m249 with the same setup, but the m60 is too boss to let go. Single shot for long range, fuck it all out up close.

I'm thinking of switching the IRNV with the holographic. I still think it's the best overall scope, but not by all that much. You don't really need it in some of the more dense maps either.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
IRNV =
Farsight.jpg

Shit needs fixed.

Woo-Fu

Banned
loblaw said:
Just played a round with like 3 dudes on the enemy team constantly firing mortars around the map. Shit was unplayable.

My advice: less hyperbole and more counter-mortar.

Enkidu

user friendly said:
Why is it when you're in a capture zone they put the marker half an inch above the reticle. Move it right to the top of my screen.
It's a problem with lower resolutions. It seems the UI was designed for 1920x1080 since neither that nor the chatbox are a problem at that resolution.

def sim

I like to do suicide runs against mortars. Just get all up in their safe zone and go nuts.

Enkidu said:
It's a problem with lower resolutions. It seems the UI was designed for 1920x1080 since neither that nor the chatbox are a problem at that resolution.

It's still a problem at that resolution. I don't like it getting near my target area when I'm capping a point.

Enkidu said:
The chatbox is intrusive at any resolution. I'm on 2048x1152 and it's still too big.

DICE suck with UI.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
The chatbox is intrusive at any resolution. I'm on 2048x1152 and it's still too big.

DICE suck with UI.

The size of the chatbox at 1920x1080 doesn't bother me...but why is it a box? Can't we just go back to having easy-to-read text in contrasting colors instead of some goofy ass stylized shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom