• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnell

RoboPlato said:
Not at all. That's a classic Battlefield tactic.

True that. Been playing since 1942 but it was a lot more difficult since satchel charges would slide off your jeep. I was just wondering what the current thoughts on it were since I seem to be pissing people off!

Corky said:
He forgot to mention his 3 buddies , god rest their souls, who only wanted to finish listening to Fortunate Son on the radio.

Haha!

Corky said:
Can you kill someone who has initiated a stabbing animation but has yet to complete it? Thus saving your pal? That would be awesome.

Yeah, but the window is very small, check out these vids

Battlefield 3 Mythbusters, interesting stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2yDvNZhHho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBSxvR02YpM

EVIL

Dug said:
Any tips on how to not suck at this game? (I play as Support BTW.)
I'd say stick with the weapon you like best for that class, and try to stick with it for a while, unlock stuff for it (each unlock is also 200 points) get the larger ammo kit and work up until you have the foregrip (less vertical climb) don't use suppressors if you want to focus on putting people down faster.

As for play style, supply, that's your main job, stay behind the assault guys and give them what they need and you will get swamped with points. be sure to try and orient yourself and try to figure out where the front line is and move with it.

Nabs

Anton Sugar said:
Origin has just been shitting the bed for me lately. Constantly crashes, won't launch me into a game. Feel like it's gotten miles worse since launch and their updates.
Yeah, I've been having issues with that and the game launching and crashing. I'm going to try and see what I can do on my end to fix a few of these probs.

Spl1nter

Nabs said:
Yeah, I've been having issues with that and the game launching and crashing. I'm going to try and see what I can do on my end to fix a few of these probs.

Do you have origin open before you launch the game? Try launching battlelog through origin?

Radec

Why is the SCAR so famous? Is it really that good ?

Tried it a couple of times and I probably didn't get used to it so I switched back to AKS-74u/m4a1.

Currently leveling up the A91.

DaFish

Radec said:
Why is the SCAR so famous? Is it really that good ?

Tried it a couple of times and I probably didn't get used to it so I switched back to AKS-74u/m4a1.

Currently leveling up the A91.
Been using A91, been having trouble killing at a distance lately though

Nabs

Spl1nter said:
Do you have origin open before you launch the game? Try launching battlelog through origin?
I do have Origin open, but I usually don't launch battelog through it. It takes some time to launch for some reason. I'll give it a try.

Edit: Launched Battlelog through Origin (it was way faster than before) and still had to deal with BF3.exe has stopped working :| I'll figure this out.

EVIL

unlocked the ump-45, kinda disappointing, you blow trough ammo really fast, most of the times before you can even get a kill. any good unlocks that can improve it a bit more?

MrBig

EVIL said:
unlocked the ump-45, kinda disappointing, you blow trough ammo really fast, most of the times before you can even get a kill. any good unlocks that can improve it a bit more?
Most guns have an extended clip unlock.

Nizz

Dragnet said:
Can anybody else get on the PS3 version and see if the controls feel better? They do to me..
Just played a little bit and nope, controls are still shitty on PS3. Bad deadzone/input lag is still there. Maybe it's just you guys have gotten used to the controls by now.

Spl1nter

Nabs said:
I do have Origin open, but I usually don't launch battelog through it. It takes some time to launch for some reason. I'll give it a try.

Edit: Launched Battlelog through Origin (it was way faster than before) and still had to deal with BF3.exe has stopped working :| I'll figure this out.

I always have bf3.exe stop working the first time I try to launch the game. Probably something that requires a client patch.

EVIL

MustacheBandit_ said:
How do you unlock or get dynamic dog tags? i have seen people with dog tags that track the amount of kills they have with certain weapons. anybody know?
You get them with medals and service stars (5 service stars for a weapon gets you a mastery dogtag that tracks the kills with that weapon.)

Nabs

Spl1nter said:
I always have bf3.exe stop working the first time I try to launch the game. Probably something that requires a client patch.
Yeah, that's mainly my problem as well. It would ruin party join hardcore.

I just went back 2 driver revisions (gfx) so I'll keep testing it to see if there's any change. I didn't get the error on my first try, so that's a good thing.

SA-X

I'm loving rush on the big vehicle maps. Caspian and Firestorm in particular are fantastic, and Kharg is pretty great too. No chokepoints, tons of room to flank, and the attackers are constantly doing all out tank blitzes on the mcoms. Makes me wonder why DICE even bothers building 'linear rush maps' like metro and damavand if they're going to suck for conquest. The non linear maps are not only better for conquest, they're also better for rush.

Also count me in the list of people that don't want the IRNV nerfed (all five of us). Its a nice counter to the fuckers that sit around prone all match. If you're an aggressive player like me, the infrared doesn't really do much to you, because the other team already knows where you are, lol.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Kylehimself said:
No, and not the UMP either. For some reason I thought they'd have a 40rnd mag, but it turns out 25 is your max. Kind of surprised there's no foregrip on it either, but either way, extended mags come on LMGs, machine pistols, and shotguns, not relaly anything else. I kind of wish the two mag fed LMGs came with a beta-C 100rnd drum mags, but eh, what can you do.

So, how do you stop Origin from closing itself after you play a game and exit? I can always play fine after a fresh restart, but once I play a game and exit Origin won't stay open. I open it, it logs in, and after a while it just closes itself. Obviously I can't launch any games from Battlelog until I restart again.

What the fuck?

SA-X

Dug said:

Step 1: Get magazine upgrade for gun (200 rounds per clip)
Step 2: Rambo the fuck out of everything that moves
Step 3: Unlock C4 and extra explosives unlock
Step 4: C4 jihad the fuck out of everything that moves
Step 5: Whore yourself for resupply points

That's how I play support and I usually finish top 3 on my team.

Manp

RbBrdMan said:
For support this is what I do. (Note I still suck, but have a ton of fun.)

1. Follow around squad mates, drop ammo and provide suppressive fire.
2. Make sure that you are using a foregrip or bipod.
3. Sneak up to enemy vehicles and blow them to bits with C4.
4. Lay C4 around an objective, find a good place to hide, wait for enemies, kaboom.
KuGsj.gif

4. Try out the mortar.
5. Seek out enemy spawn points surround them with clay mores.
6. Don't worry about how much you die.

edit a few more:
7. Plant C4 on a jeep, drive around and use the jeep as a mobile bomb.
8. Just heard about this one earlier. C4 a jeep take it to an enemy flag abandon it and wait for enemies to take it, when they do, kaboom.

There is a ton of fun to be had in the game if you aren't hung up on K/D.

you listed 4 twice :p

Arment

Dug said:

Get a holo/irnv sight, foregrip, and extended mag. Run around, never run out of bullets, rack up huge scores. C4 is the best gadget in the game next to OP RPGs. Like others have said, lay down that ammo in big groups of people, you'll be getting ribbons galore.

The M249 is great. The PKP is bad. The M240B is good. The M60E4 is great. Always use mortars on Seine. You're ready to go now.

HotHamWater said:
Anyone getting "game got disconnect (0)" when trying to play co-op since the Battlelog plugin update? Shit is mad broke.

got that error playing multiplayer 5 times yesterday at the end of the rounds thus negating 5 games of stats being added to my profile. feels bad man. taking today off because I am hoping they recognize and fix the problem.

FIX THIS SHIT GUERILLA!

Nabs

"Could not find the Battle Report in the Statistics engine"

>:| I want whatever I just unlocked, damnit!

rar said:
it's going to be so painful when they nerf the irnv, i'm so used to it and it's so easy

This. IRNV is godly. I own so many people with it.

In terms of nerfing, are they going to limit its range? :\

SA-X said:
I'm loving rush on the big vehicle maps. Caspian and Firestorm in particular are fantastic, and Kharg is pretty great too. No chokepoints, tons of room to flank, and the attackers are constantly doing all out tank blitzes on the mcoms. Makes me wonder why DICE even bothers building 'linear rush maps' like metro and damavand if they're going to suck for conquest. The non linear maps are not only better for conquest, they're also better for rush.

Also count me in the list of people that don't want the IRNV nerfed (all five of us). Its a nice counter to the fuckers that sit around prone all match. If you're an aggressive player like me, the infrared doesn't really do much to you, because the other team already knows where you are, lol.

Agreed. IRNV is anti-camping and that's why it's so great. It's bullshit when people can just hide in bushes the whole match and this helps flush them out and gives a boost to people that actively move and flank.

rar

BoobPhysics101 said:
This. IRNV is godly. I own so many people with it.

In terms of nerfing, are they going to limit its range? :\

Agreed. IRNV is anti-camping and that's why it's so great. It's bullshit when people can just hide in bushes the whole match and this helps flush them out and gives a boost to people that actively move and flank.

i don't know i just figure they HAVE to nerf it seeing as it's so much better than anything else

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
You know, DICE has REALLY got to get onto fixing the first objective in Metro. I really like it as an infantry rush map, but God help me, the number of people clipping into the ground on the first objective is awful...

Spl1nter

The IRNV needs a much smaller FOV and longer time to ADS. That is how you nerf it while still allowing it to perform its function of anti-camping.

Gui_PT

Spl1nter said:
The IRNV needs a much smaller FOV and longer time to ADS. That is how you nerf it while still allowing it to perform its function of anti-camping.

That's easy. Don't nerf it. Anyone can get a weapon with IRNV. No need to ballance it out.

Gui_PT

Spl1nter said:
Just like everyone can equip a flashlight. That doesn't make it a fun game mechanic.

The stupid flashlight works as an impediment. It won't let me play because I can't see shit. The IRNV does nothing like that in any way.

Two completely different things.

Spl1nter

Gui_PT said:
The stupid flashlight works as an impediment. It won't let me play because I can't see shit. The IRNV does nothing like that in any way.

Two completely different things.

I wasnt comparing the two. I was saying neither make for fun gameplay in there current state.

Gui_PT

Spl1nter said:
I wasnt comparing the two. I was saying neither make for fun gameplay in there current state.

I don't see how that scope makes the game not fun to play.

Opinions I guess.

At least it helps counter camping which is truly horrible in this game.

Spl1nter

Gui_PT said:
I don't see how that scope makes the game not fun to play.

Opinions I guess.

At least it helps counter camping which is truly horrible in this game.

How is camping horrible in the game. You have the after death cam which tells you exactly where the person who killed you is until 5 seconds before you spawn back into the game.

Gui_PT

Spl1nter said:
How is camping horrible in the game. You have the after death cam which tells you exactly where the person who killed you is until 5 seconds before you spawn back into the game.

If you're not playing against idiots, they'll move somewhere else after getting a few kills.

The camping is horrible and needs to be countered. Since camping is a "legitimate strategy"(for no skilled losers) at least that scope helps a little bit.

It's everywhere. In every map. In every game mode. Every match. Throughout the entire match.

Horrible. Not debatable.

Gui_PT said:
If you're not playing against idiots, they'll move somewhere else after getting a few kills.

The camping is horrible and needs to be countered. Since camping is a "legitimate strategy"(for no skilled losers) at least that scope helps a little bit.

It's everywhere. In every map. In every game mode. Every match. Throughout the entire match.

Horrible. Not debatable.

LOL OK

I still haven't found ANY indication that camping is worse in this game compared to other FPS's. You have scope glint, kill cam, 3d spotting AND 2d spotting when most weapons are fired. Camping hasn't been a problem for me at all. I get killed by players on the move 90% of the time, and if someone IS camping, I just call out their position to friends. Most of the time, if I get killed by a camper, they're killed while I'm watching the killcam.

Nabs said:

I "fixed" mine--it always crashed after loading the friends list. Uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help. Here's what I did:

-Disabling my internet connection (released my IP)
-Starting Origin in offline mode
-Setting CPU affinity for origin to CPU1 (got this tip off the Origin forums)
-Enabling Online mode
-Setting CPU affinity back to normal/all cpu's
-Relaunch Origin

No issues. Of course, since I uninstalled/reinstalled Origin, all the Battlefield 3 files were still on my HD but the game kept coming up as "ready to install" and trying to install didn't work. Uninstalled BF3 via Windows 7 control panel, redownloading now. Hope nothing else fucks up.

tsigo

And the level design practically encourages camping. There are empty rooms that go nowhere all over the place that seem designed for it.

Spl1nter

Gui_PT said:
If you're not palying against idiots, they'll move and come somewhere else after getting a few kills.

The camping is horrible and needs to be countered. Since camping is a "legitimate strategy"(for no skilled losers).

Horrible. Not debatable.

If they are moving around then they are not camping. They are being smart and using strategy and proper tactics. You deal with these issues by rolling with a squad. You dont bunch up into a line formation. Like anton said, there are already so many mechanics in play that discourage camping. It only works because people are fucking retarded and will continue to walk into a meat grinder.

Keasar

Is it just me, or are guided missiles on jetplanes craptacular? Out of 10 tries, maybe 2-3 grants me a disabled veichle, 1 occasionally gives me a kill. It is just too easy for tanks to go "Oh, you are locking? Smoke lol" and then drive a little lazily to the side. Ive tried taking them from behind, try divebombing for weak spot on the top, side, infront etc etc. Is there a SPECIAL way DICE intended these? Cause it cant be just with the Soflam, a friend tried placing one of those several times and everytime someone spots that giant red laser bulb of "I AM OVER HERE!", they just shoot it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom