• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic3

TheSeks said:
It's not a suppressor. It's meant to hide your "flash" from people in close-quarters or sniping distances. The mini-map will still show you because it doesn't suppress sound like the non-flash suppressor does.

I used the word suppressor because that's what it's called, I know it doesn't silence the gun. I still don't understand why you would want to reduce muzzle flash when you show up on the map anyways; it's pointless.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dynamic3 said:
I used the word suppressor because that's what it's called, I know it doesn't silence the gun. I still don't understand why you would want to reduce muzzle flash when you show up on the map anyways; it's pointless.

It's good for sniper rifles. People can track you with flashes (if you're not being spotted by scope light for camping) from it. Same with the other guns. It isn't too useful in the "practical everyday" sense, but it does have some use for people that want to go into dark areas.

Besides, how many people besides you and me pay attention to the mini-map? Not very many.

parasight

Anton Sugar said:
The one great thing about Seine crossing is the destruction/debris killed. Just killed two people on the sidewalks next to the building blocks, by RPG'ing the rooftops.
LOVE doing this. Feels good man.

Dynamic3 said:

Hardcore mode (aka best mode) doesn't have a map.

TheSeks

Confidence Man said:
Hardcore mode (aka best mode) doesn't have a map.

That... too. But people can track by gunfire, I wager.

Khal_B

Is Battlefield 3 Limited Edition for PC still available? My bro saw me playing it on PC and said he wants a copy, but I'm not seeing the LE for sale.

TheSeks

Khal_B said:
Is Battlefield 3 Limited Edition for PC still available? My bro saw me playing it on PC and said he wants a copy, but I'm not seeing the LE for sale.

No. Standard edition only.

TheSeks

Khal_B said:
I see. Thanks. Told him he should have gotten it, but he was into the MW3 hype. Oh well.

He's not missing anything other than Back to Karkand for free, anyway.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
HC should have everything turned off HUD wise (spotting too) and be set to 30% health. That plus some areas actually redesigned for TDM would be good.

GJS

Khal_B said:
You can check for a retail version, they will still be LE in some places.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I really wish shotguns weren't nerfed to shit. I don't want to be an assault rifle asshole. I want to be a shotgun asshole.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
I don't get why we only get 9 TDM maps. They could have stretched it pretty far if they wanted.
18-27 opportunities :(

The construction area on Kharg prolly would have been great. Ditto with the Damavand cliff.

TheSeks

Nabs said:
I don't get why we only get 9 TDM maps. They could have stretched it pretty far if they wanted.

Because they're reusing maps, duh.

Also Norshar Canal's TDM is hilarious. Spawn NEXT TO AN ENEMY. ENJOY!

1stStrike

Banned
&Divius said:
I tried this but it doesn't seem to work.

Use it while they're locking on. If they're already locked on it's too late. Smoke will break their lock, but once it's cleared they'll be able to start locking on again. Luckily, smoke regenerates pretty quick.

Also, you can combine this with thermal armor which is like the tank's version of stealth. It'll make it so it takes them longer to lock on to you.

Calibur

I love this idea

Hey guys, since it's apparent that DICE does look at Get Satisfaction suggestions, I really think we should take advantage of this and get support for some of these ideas (currently, some of the most popular on the site). Please go to these and "like" the idea in order to get the attention of DICE. Unlike a petition or random forum post, this site actually IS looked at by DICE, so it's the best place to contribute.

Note: you may want to make sure you disable the "follow" function, which auto-enables when you like a topic, or you'll get a lot of emails.

Customize Weapon Loadouts Directly from Battlelog
New In-Game UI
When dead, give us options/squad/weapons/classes menu earlier instead of showing deathcam only
In-game ping on scoreboard
6 man squads, Commanders, full detailed map view and squad orders!
Ability to quit after a round has completed
End of round chat
Make chat window smaller or resizable
Practice mode/free roam
Increase the sound of soldiers foot steps!

this could help get fixes faster!

TheSeks said:

Seine Crossing is most broken TDM I have found, seems like there is only like 20 spawn points... Basically hide in a corner of some part of the map and see 3-4 of them.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DarthWoo said:
Still haven't seen any responses. Has anyone figured out the stationary AA guns? (Centurion and Pantsir-S1) I feel like I can only get hits if the enemy is flying directly at me or at very close range otherwise. They feel like they have nowhere near the range of the VADS and Zu-23-2.
You have to lead and adjust for gravity. I've popped jets from across the map if they fly too low. They are really vicious weapons.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheSeks said:
What he means is that there are 2-3 areas on each full size map that they could cut out and use as a TDM map, the way they currently do. Only Dice cut out one part of each map and sometimes the part they picked is kind of puzzling.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
SapientWolf said:
You have to lead and adjust for gravity. I've popped jets from across the map if they fly too low. They are really vicious weapons.

Thanks. I guess I may have been neglecting to factor in bullet drop. (since I guess that was nonexistent except for sniper rifles in BC2 - was hilarious to tag a helo with a tracer dart as it hovered at the opposite end of the map, much too far to actually hit with any tracking weapons anyway)

Khal_B

TheSeks said:
He's not missing anything other than Back to Karkand for free, anyway.

Yeah, I know. I would have just saved some cash if I pre-ordered it for him like I suggested in the first place, that's all. I'm pretty sure he'll want Back to Karkand once that hits in December as well.

TheSeks said:

Yeah running on the outskirts around the containers nets you so many unearned kills. It's pretty awesome.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I just played a 64 player team deathmatch on grand bazaar. Spawn, die, spawn, die, ect.. I couldn't imagine it on canals.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
What he means is that there are 2-3 areas on each full size map that they could cut out and use as a TDM map, the way they currently do. Only Dice cut out one part of each map and sometimes the part they picked is kind of puzzling.

Oh, right. But is TDM really that popular?

zlatko

Banned
TheSeks said:
Oh, right. But is TDM really that popular?

I pretty much stick to it and throw in some Rush. I find smaller sized lobbies of TDM are what I can do well in and have fun.

My only major complaint about TDM in this game is that it hands down has the worst spawning in any game I've ever played. Truly a turd of epic proportions.

F#A#Oo

Banned
So which support LMG would you all say is the best?

I'm finding the M249 and M27 IAR so far to be the best...

I just unlocked the M340B and it has less ammunition and less ROF...seems a bit silly to have the best LMG's be the first and early LMG's...

You know what's really annoying? No text or voice chat in Co-Op matchmaking on PC.

I wanted to play some Co-Op, but none of my friends online were available. I decided to play it in matchmaking, and for some missions it turned out very well, but for Drop Em Like Liquid where we need co-ordination as to who shoots which target it and when, it becomes an exercise in frustration. What a stupid oversight of DICE's.

Effect

I recently tried TDM and it's the only mode that crashes the least if at all. However I didn't get BF3 to play TDM though. Guess it's better then nothing. :(

Ryuuga

Banned
Making a set of BF3 gravatars are there any takers? Just made this one earlier:

2qi22bs.png

Still working on
"Failed to ping closest server"
"Server disconnected unexpectedly, are you sure you have the latest version?"
"Couldn't join the server"
and "Connection to server has timed out."

Mr Sandman said:
Can you invite the player to a battlelog party? If not just add them and do that.

You enter the game before you know who you're playing with. When I alt-tab out I have to find the person I'm playing with manually, and then add him, hope he accepts me, hope he has a working mic, and then talk to him.

DICE should've just put in text chat in co-op.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Dug said:
But, I like to play as Support. :\ (What level do you need to unlock the SCAR?)

Play rush and only play on the defensive team if you want lots of points as Support. This is the optimal encounter to use an LMG in.

Alternatively, play conquest and put C4 all over your jeep and drive around until you find a valuable enemy vehicle like a tank to blow up.

Alternatively, play Conquest Large, on Metro, as Russian, and drop ammo kits at the feet of the guy spamming the M320 down the stairs for the entire match.

The only way to make less points than you do as support is to play support *and* pilot an aircraft.

Zeppelin

Some guy was wondering the other day when you get your first MBT service star - I just got my first one and I currently have 308 kills so I think it might be 300.

Also, CITV station unlocked!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Aww I thought if you stole somebodies dogtag you could use it as your own :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom