• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a 1v2 jet "fight" in Firestorm. Gawd, I could not shake them off. I couldn't even see them as they're always on my tail no matter what kind of turns I did. They had sucky aim though so even if I didn't have IR flares I only got hit by chip gun damage and died a very long time later (prolly 10 minutes?) when I failed to pull up enough as I flew along the surface of a mountain.

I learned how to fly aircraft now though, but I'm still having difficult gliding sideways with copters. I learned not to aim up with them too; crashed me a few times lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stallion Free said:
The no alerts in Exfiltrate is janky as fuck. My friend and I tried to do it on PC for shits and giggles and it took us a ton of tries because being off even slightly would make the alarm magically go off.

They need to patch it and drop 'em like liquid then. Because the second set after the manhole will do the same thing even if we headshot them with the sniper rifle (which is how it was shown done in the achievement videos).

Like I said: I'm disabled so a mic doesn't really do me any good other than shouting "1! 2! 3! FIRE!" at someone. So I am fucking hating on DICE right now for those two. They either need to patch it to where Easy is... well... easy and really lax in terms of alerts for both those missions to where it's a cake walk to get them even if you're disabled or at least do SOMETHING to where you know you did fuck up. Because I've attempted it 50 times and only cleared the first tandem shot ONCE only to FAIL the second one. :|

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Is the battlelog just buggy as hell now? I keep getting "Battle Report is no longer available" all the time right after a match today.

Dipswitch

Loxley said:
Break time, just had my first real rage-inducing match where I couldn't stay alive for more than a few seconds no matter where I went (Conquest on Canals), and when I thought I'd finally gotten the drop on somebody, I get shot from behind out of nowhere before I could fire off a single shot.

The other team was filled with Rank 20+ players (I'm currently at an astounding Rank 9) which likely had a lot to do with it. I said a few pages back that when BF3 is awesome, it's fucking awesome; but when it sucks? It really fucking sucks.

Yeah, had a similar experience tonight. Opposing team had several 20+ players on it and one dude that was ranked 43. Needless to say I got tuned up early and often. Incredibly frustrating.

Stuck with it though and had more fun by end of the session. Friggin game is addictive, even you're getting hammered.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm still trying to figure out why origin needs to open to play online. We already have Battlelog and it runs great. Every issue my friends are having are origin related. It just doesn't make sense.

Flunkie

Banned
1. I love Battlelog.
2. It's so much easier on consoles than on PC, for obvious reasons.
3. Automatic visual settings is nice.

That's all.

On 360, left trigger and right trigger control the throttle for jets, correct? Because no matter what I do, I can never seem to make a quick turn in these things, even if I'm braking and maneuvering the jet in the direction I want to go.

ElyrionX

Does anyone still remember the awesome times in BF2 where you would just load up on transport choppers and move around the map, capturing flags? Sad that moments like these have become almost non-existent due to the power of anti-AA weapons.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
my tank repairs itself, who needs a repair tool!?

That, too. They need to really remove the full heals and make it important to throw out medic kits and repair torches at people. Because you can just sit in a quiet place right now and "LALALALALALALA... oh, 100%! GO TIME!"

Sad that moments like these have become almost non-existent due to the power of anti-AA weapons.

The transport chopper doesn't even COUNT as a chopper. It counts as a "transport vehicle" like the Humvee, AKA: NO UNLOCKS OR VEHICLE-SPECIFIC RIBBONS.

AKA: You can't use it to get the air kills ribbon by being a gunner platform like you could with the Blackhawk in BC2. FUCKING STUPID, DICE.

JoeMartin said:
Do you know how literally useless mines would be if they just disappeared when you died?

If anything there should just be a limit on how many can be deployed at a time.
the limit is six. and yeah, they're supposed to stay after you die. we don't want another BC1 situation! the problem is that you're only supposed to be able to drop six, not six per life lol...a bug messes that count up when you die.

DarthWoo said:
They don't even seem very good for that purpose sometimes. On at least one of the maps, a baseraping helo can hover in complete defilade behind a hill and keep picking off air assets before they ever take off.
Added Invincible AA Guns to stop Air Vehicle Base Rape.

no DICE.

TheSeks

Added Invincible AA Guns to stop Air Vehicle Base Rape.

no DICE.

Anti-air trailer on Damavand Peak Rush is pure WTF. You can only see like 75% of it's view before a rock prevents you from hitting the helicopter that the defense has.

I got lucky and got my two stationary kills ribbon on that map because the pilots (thankfully) didn't bail on it and died with it. But even then you can only see them about 75% and if they go anywhere near that rock/descend behind it you can't catch them. I guess to "buff the air vehicles"/give them a chance but it's incredibly annoying.

TheSeks said:
Which is what he meant by "patch." BC2 had a limit of SIX out at a time no matter if you died/changed classes.
BC1 was the worst. you could set 5 and they disappeared when you were able to respawn.

setting mines in the same spot over and over and over again was so bad.

Anton Sugar said:
Bring back prone.
Too many camping with prone.
Damage is too low.
I die too quick.
Stingers are too weak.
WTF I can't bring down any aircraft.
You have to move 900 miles to kill anyone.
This map has too many people spawning too close together!
damaging the objectives is cheap, the only way to destroy them should be to arm.
rush is unwinnable on attack, everyone is prone camping the objective and i die too fast.

TheSeks

How does I run into out of bounds, stab one person. Jump back into bounds. Run back out of bounds, stab another person. Run back in bounds. Step out of bounds, die just as I kill a mortar scrub sitting on his mortar spamming rounds?

PeterMooreSoAwesome.jpg

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. I remember BC1, because I played with you on PS3 remember? :p And yeah, the engineer on BC1 was so shitty outside of the rockets. Even the shotguns were utter shit and he had no pistol to fall back on for kills so he had to guess with the shitty hit detection of the shotguns or abuse his rocket only. WTF DICE?

WarMacheen

Have literally gone from playing to not even being able to connect with absolutely no changes on my end.

join server

Game was disconnected

smfh

EDIT: I'm going to bed, fuck this shit.

Dragnet

Decided to hit up Support tonight as I hadn't touched it in my first 15 hours, always thought it was kind of a useless class.

HOLY SHIT. It clicked instantly, I unlocked the C4 in no time and now I'm ADDICTED to blowing up tanks, so fucking good, got the M249 pretty quick as well and already have 77 kills with that. So glad I gave support a go, so much fun to be had just setting up shop and mowing fools down and fucking tanks up. Love it!

My last game too. Rocked the shit, feels good man :)

eek5

Dragnet said:
Decided to hit up Support tonight as I hadn't touched it in my first 15 hours, always thought it was kind of a useless class.

HOLY SHIT. It clicked instantly, I unlocked the C4 in no time and now I'm ADDICTED to blowing up tanks, so fucking good, got the M249 pretty quick as well and already have 77 kills with that. So glad I gave support a go, so much fun to be had just setting up shop and mowing fools down and fucking tanks up. Love it!
I read your post and I'm happy for you but I didn't see any mention of dropping ammo crates for people. ಠ_ಠ

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Is there an issue with battle log atm? Have been playing bf3 for a while now and it won't let me log in because it says I haven't bought the game.

TheSeks

eek5 said:
I read your post and I'm happy for you but I didn't see any mention of dropping ammo crates for people. ಠ_ಠ

Seriously, no one using kit items except me is so annoying.

I even will REPAIR YOU IF YOU STICK AROUND DUDE! JUST WAIT A MOMENT!

Dragnet

eek5 said:

Oh, I did plenty of that too. Find it much harder in the bigger maps to be useful though, on maps like Damavand you can just chuck them down the narrow corridors and rake in points.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
TheSeks said:
Seriously, no one using kit items except me is so annoying.

I even will REPAIR YOU IF YOU STICK AROUND DUDE! JUST WAIT A MOMENT!
Agreed there are times I get killed because I am chasing the damn tank :/

I am probably the only bastard sometimes handing out medkits/ammo/repairing, would love not to chase things like a dog.

Elbrain said:
Agreed there are times I get killed because I am chasing the damn tank :/

I am probably the only bastard sometimes handing out medkits/ammo/repairing, would love not to chase things like a dog.

Don't worry, it happens all the time. There's no way I would repair a tank that bloody open such as in Operation Firestorm due to the sheer open field. If it's something a little smaller like Grand Bazaar, then sure.

At least you'll get points for dropping stuff!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Warrior_Keoni said:
Don't worry, it happens all the time. There's no way I would repair a tank that bloody open such as in Operation Firestorm due to the sheer open field. If it's something a little smaller like Grand Bazaar, then sure.

At least you'll get points for dropping stuff!
I don't mind dropping stuff for the team easy points but would love some cover so that I am not everyone in the map targets. Hahaha

def sim

eek5 said:

We all do that. It's just that there's no way to make dropping an ammo crate sound awesome dude.

"yeah this one time i dropped an ammo crate for someone, i'm sure the dude appreciated it :)"

ElyrionX

So I ran into a guy in a 60-player server who killed me three times in a row in different locations with a SKS. All three times I die in one shot (as far as I can tell), thus indicating headshots and two of them occurred while I was sprinting. He ended up the match with a K/D of 36-2 despite his team losing. I went to check out his profile and he has a K/D ratio of 7.7 and has a score/min of 866. He's played only about 9 hours of the game with about 1.5 hours of that time spent in the vehicles. In his 15 mins spent in the T-90, he has got 97 kills. 31 mins in the M1 Abrams with 82 kills.

I mean, how the hell is this even possible? In a game like BF3 with 60-man servers, how do you achieve stats like that spending most of your time as a Recon carrying a SVS? Half the time I'm getting killed because of a bad spawn or just pure bad luck. With MAVs in the air and with the mini map showing people who have spotted, how do you keep up such a K/D ratio while spending so much time on foot?

This is his profile BTW:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/KRK_Antiphoenix/vehicles/303015332/pc/

Also, in the half an hour or so of me looking at his profile and posting this, he has already changed his soldier name once. I didn't even know you can change your soldier name.

EDIT: Wait, he has changed his name AGAIN. So that's twice he has changed his soldier name in half an hour. This is his new profile:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Patecatil/stats/303015332/

EDIT2: Changed his soldier name again. The above links still work though. How do you even change your soldier name? I can't find this option anywhere.

eek5

rance said:
We all do that. It's just that there's no way to make dropping an ammo crate sound awesome dude.

"yeah this one time i dropped an ammo crate for someone, i'm sure the dude appreciated it :)"
I find it hard to believe that all support drop ammo crates. I've only been resupplied by smufs twice so far.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ElyrionX said:
So I ran into a guy in a 60-player server who killed me three times in a row in different locations with a SKS. All three times I die in one shot (as far as I can tell), thus indicating headshots and two of them occurred while I was sprinting. He ended up the match with a K/D of 36-2 despite his team losing. I went to check out his profile and he has a K/D ratio of 7.7 and has a score/min of 866. He's played only about 9 hours of the game with about 1.5 hours of that time spent in the vehicles. In his 15 mins spent in the T-90, he has got 97 kills. 31 mins in the M1 Abrams with 82 kills.

I mean, how the hell is this even possible? In a game like BF3 with 60-man servers, how do you achieve stats like that spending most of your time as a Recon carrying a SVS? Half the time I'm getting killed because of a bad spawn or just pure bad luck. With MAVs in the air and with the mini map showing people who have spotted, how do you keep up such a K/D ratio while spending so much time on foot?

This is his profile BTW:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/KRK_Antiphoenix/vehicles/303015332/pc/

Also, in the half an hour or so of me looking at his profile and posting this, he has already changed his soldier name once. I didn't even know you can change your soldier name.

EDIT: Wait, he has changed his name AGAIN. So that's twice he has changed his soldier name in half an hour. This is his new profile:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Patecatil/stats/303015332/

EDIT2: Changed his soldier name again. The above links still work though. How do you even change your soldier name? I can't find this option anywhere.

report the guy

eek5

cackhyena said:
Anyone else not get their 20 dollar Amazon pre order bonus and have to hassle them about it?

I got my e-mail. I had to manually enter the code though; it wasn't automatically added to my account like previous bonuses.

man im waiting on a balancing patch. fucking AA tanks and IFV are murdering the MBT. I mean whats the point of a guided missile that only locks on close range? cmon son.

cackhyena

eek5 said:
I got my e-mail. I had to manually enter the code though; it wasn't automatically added to my account like previous bonuses.
I'm dumb. The same thing was in my email. Somehow didn't notice it. Thanks.

the quicker they get rid of thermal/INRV from this game the better it will be. Seriously, have they said anything about how overpowered and game breaking it is yet?

Dice won't just get rid of a scope, but it would have been a good idea to add infrared camo. I was thinking a battery life for the INRV scope could balance it.

DTKT

MustacheBandit_ said:
the quicker they get rid of thermal/INRV from this game the better it will be. Seriously, have they said anything about how overpowered and game breaking it is yet?

Since they haven't fixed the flashlight or the laser dot, I doubt they might be "fixing" the IRNV.

Soma

eek5 said:
I find it hard to believe that all support drop ammo crates. I've only been resupplied by smufs twice so far.
I've been running support a lot more lately and sometimes i'll just plain forget while i'm holding down an area or C4ing tanks.

I always make it a habit to toss down ammo in an area with lots of teammates nearby (like 2 or more). It does help you level up a lot faster too.

Prophane33

I usually focus on throwing ammo or health, and capping points. I couldn't give a rat's behind about my k/d ratio. I still end up in the top 4~5 most of the time. Though I do love to jump into a tank as a gunner.

Nabs

Is there any chance DICE will let us disable the chat box in a future update? 99% of the shit in that thing is garbage. I really hate the pbbans script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom