• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Foliorum Viridum said:
Stats are fun to look at.

I don't give a fuck about them, though. I have 10% accuracy and a KDR of 0.80 or something. The most interesting stats are ranking the kills you've got with weapons etc.
Yeah, in re: to stats I like the kills per weapon; stuff like accuracy, I only care about it when it comes to sniper rifles.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
PjotrStroganov said:
BC2's system was perfect in that respect. Just press spot while aiming at a teammate and your guy will shout a context sensitive command. Like, give me ammo/health.

I thought thats how it worked in bf3? Im pretty sure if you target support and press q you will request ammo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
tarius1210 said:
Can someone answer this question? Why is the tank usually always sitting at the uncappable during matches?

Generally respawns after it's taken out and everyone is spawning at points instead of base.

I thought thats how it worked in bf3? Im pretty sure if you target support and press q you will request ammo.

You do. But it's so low that no one hears it.

They need to make it flash in bright red on the middle of your screen:

STOP BEING A DUMBASS. >>NAME<< NEEDS AMMO/HEALTH/REPAIRS. GET TO WORK.

Just like they put that honking huge A/B/C/D point indicator in Conquest in your view.

tarius1210 said:
They are...for certain games (you guys know "the game" I'm talking about). This not being one of them.
I like stats for any game. BF, COD, CS... it's cool when games track them.

If people change their play style because of them then that's a flaw in their personality, not the game for providing you with info.

On one of the loading screens, its says something about weak points on the tanks. What are the weak points, and are any of them vulnerable to grenades?

Had a lot of fun yesterday using the SV98(?) guarding the dry dock on Grand Canal. Got a headshot from about 150 metres on a side-passenger in a helicopter. Wish there was a record function.

Binabik15 said:
Okay. Never got to play on a tank map after getting the hmg.

I dream about the anti-infantery round. How awesome is it? Does it look like a giant shotgun volley?

Is the guided shell ammo for your main gun or a n add-on missile?

I only need another 80k points to finish tanks @.@

I'm about to get the thermal imagery, but haven't gotten to the anti-infantry round.

Guided shell goes into the weapons slot, so replaces the lmg/hmg as weapon 2. Nothing changes the main cannon.

Hate hate hate K/D on the battlelog. I attempt to ignore the battlelog stats except quit percentage. That one is serious business.

ElyrionX

I'm getting a strange bug on Caspian Border. Whenever I use the MAV to spot for my team, I can't seem to spot ANY infantry in a large radius around the Forest ("B") flag despite being able to see them very clearly. Anyone else encounter this? It's happened many times already.

elseanio

TheSeks said:
Generally respawns after it's taken out and everyone is spawning at points instead of base.

Just like they put that honking huge A/B/C/D point indicator in Conquest in your view.

Is there a way of knowing an Assault player isn't carrying a medi kit?

TheSeks

elseanio said:
Is there a way of knowing an Assault player isn't carrying a medi kit?

If they don't have a + on the mini-map, I wager.

mbmonk

Is the EOD Bot worth running in the Eng kit on Conquest? I can't seem to find any particularly great uses for it in that game mode. Any suggestions?

Oh man, this game is one giant exercise in frustration when you are playing with randoms. Why is it that it's always my team that loses every close match. My last three Conquest losses are 0-15, 0-33 and 0-4. Just beautiful...

Ovid

The_Hitcher89 said:
On one of the loading screens, its says something about weak points on the tanks. What are the weak points, and are any of them vulnerable to grenades?

Had a lot of fun yesterday using the SV98(?) guarding the dry dock on Grand Canal. Got a headshot from about 150 metres on a side-passenger in a helicopter. Wish there was a record function.
In BF2 the weak points on the tank were the wheel tracks and underneath the turret.

spidye

I have a question. I always choose the m4a1 as my weapon but the game still changes it to the aks every round. what am I doing wrong?

Foliorum Viridum said:
Stats are fun to look at.

I don't give a fuck about them, though. I have 10% accuracy and a KDR of 0.80 or something. The most interesting stats are ranking the kills you've got with weapons etc.

Stats are useless to me too but I do like to know how close I am to stars with my guns. Every time our team has won and I was the MVP I never had a positive K/D ratio. I like the push for points, not kills.

mxgt

Banned
TheSeks said:

In a perfect world everyone would be aware of their surroundings in the game.

But alas, that's never going to happen. When I play Assault/Support I'm spamming med kits and ammo basically non stop when I'm with other players.

Ovid

After about ten hours of gameplay I just realized that there aren't any vehicles at bases other than uncappables. Was it like that in BC? I know it wasn't in BF2 and BF:1943.

TheSeks

WOW. EA support is ass. Mention 1942 and trying to tie your old copy's CD-key to the veteran site service and they basically will disconnect you and there is no knowledge base support for 1942 or a game page for it anymore. Basically washing their hands of it. WTF.

vocab

I seriously can't play this game for more than 10 mins without feeling like my eyes are gonna fall out. The sun is always shining in your face. You got flash lights, and red lights on your screen. The dark spots are worse than de_train. There is zero visual clarity in this game. What the fuck were they thinking. How do you downgrade from BC2 in terms of seeing enemies? It blows my mind.

Victrix

*beard*
tarius1210 said:
After about ten hours of gameplay I just realized that there aren't any vehicles at bases other than uncappables. Was it like that in BC? I know it wasn't in BF2 and BF:1943.

Er... there are?

Korosenai

The only thing I hate about this game is how no one gives out ammo or health. I was low on ammo in this building, so I start shooting my teammate. He looks at me, throws down c4, jumps out the window, and blows up the walls. wtf

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
mbmonk said:
Is the EOD Bot worth running in the Eng kit on Conquest? I can't seem to find any particularly great uses for it in that game mode. Any suggestions?

Speaking of which, why does it feel like a drunk african elephant on iceskates to control? Seriously I can't for the life of me figure out how to control it properly.

ShaneB

Dabanton said:
Does the team or squad VOIP option actually work on the 360 or PS3 for everyone?

How can a game that's apparently sold millions of copies have barely no one on the servers who uses voicechat at all, in a FPS of all things which usually have the most vocal userbase.
Very rarely do i see someone with the mic symbol when playing a match. Is it a technical problem from DICE's end? Or are people just happy being silent in a heavily team based game.

They all can't be in private chat on the 360, i refuse to believe it.

Like the thread MrOogieBoogie created, I'm fairly against party chat.

It is indeed a ghost town because everyone is in party chat. I just miss the banter, telling the team good game, etc. Oh well.

NubInaTub said:
The only thing I hate about this game is how no one gives out ammo or health. I was low on ammo in this building, so I start shooting my teammate. He looks at me, throws down c4, jumps out the window, and blows up the walls. wtf

Yeah that system needs to be improved - there must be a better way to communicate to nonsquad mates on when you need supplies/health.

Victrix

*beard*
Corky said:
Speaking of which, why does it feel like a drunk african elephant on iceskates to control? Seriously I can't for the life of me figure out how to control it properly.

Drive or turn. Not both.

TheSeks said:
WOW. EA support is ass. Mention 1942 and trying to tie your old copy's CD-key to the veteran site service and they basically will disconnect you and there is no knowledge base support for 1942 or a game page for it anymore. Basically washing their hands of it. WTF.

I can't get 1943 added either.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Victrix said:
Drive or turn. Not both.

Ok, I thought it was like a tank that you can technically rotate and drive at the same time but each time wally freaks the fuck out and smashes into a wall.

Samus4145

My friends are always in Skype when we play. But we make sure we are in the same squad.

Also had someone spawn in the heli only to never take off. Wtf!

ShaneB said:
Like the thread MrOogieBoogie created, I'm fairly against party chat.

It is indeed a ghost town because everyone is in party chat. I just miss the banter, telling the team good game, etc. Oh well.

Don't forget that the 360 also has the option to automute everyone not on their friends list.

Drewsky

Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:
Yeah that system needs to be improved - there must be a better way to communicate to nonsquad mates on when you need supplies/health.
Yeah, I don't know why but it seems like people were way better at it in BC2. Now people just don't throw shit down.

Binabik15

Corky said:

God, I unlocked it yesterday and took it for a spin first thing in the morning. Literal spin. Drove up to an attacking tank on Teheran Rush, madly spinning and wheeling and repaired him TO DEATH. I could´ve killed two more guys around the tank and even wounded them, but Wall-E would stop welding them every couple of secs and they´d run around and I´d spin and then someone destroyed it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheSeks said:
Damn I was actually gonna go to them for help with my 1942 + expansions/Nam/2142 issues, but I guess I shouldn't bother.

Ovid

Victrix said:
Er... there are?
Yeah, I remember when the flag was neutral at the start of the game there weren't any vehicles. When you're team gained control of it, the vehicles would "pop" in.

Kak.efes

How do you cook a grenade on the PS3? Also, as far as muzzle (flash), and regular suppressers go, which is better? Which hides you on the mini map?

Dilly

Banned
Are there any fun Rush maps where the enemy doesn't spawn on the objectives?

It's absolutely terrible, Damavand Peak just after the cliff is shite. Absolute shite.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
NubInaTub said:

why didn't you target him and press Q ? Im pretty sure it works. look at the bottom right and it will tell you when to press q to request ammo.

Mr_eX

I was banned from a server the other day for mortaring on Grand Bazaar. They were trying to counter mortar me but they couldn't do it because I kept moving so finally they just banned me.

Divius

Just made an awesome flank on Metro. Ran past a few guys who didn't notice me due to all the rocketspam etc. So I was behind their lines, killed 14 guys, took their flag, 2 squadmembers spawned on me so we could hold that point and then we won the round. Feels good man.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
Damn I was actually gonna go to them for help with my 1942 + expansions/Nam/2142 issues, but I guess I shouldn't bother.

2142 is still there. I dunno about Vietnam. But there is no game page or knowledge base article for 1942 anymore. It's crazy. Their live chat disconnected on me when I asked with no problem solving at all.

I e-mailed their asses, if they don't get back to me fuck them, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom