• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
MustacheBandit_ said:
its a death cannon that is pinpoint accurate at long distance, very little kick, and super high dps which owns in close quarter combat. couple that with the super overpowered INRV and it equates to the best weapon combo in the game.
good to know. can the engies equip that badboy or just the assault i presume?

Manager said:
Just unlocked M240B, apparently it's a bit better. I read they nerfed the M60 from the beta, apparently it's so slow that M240B is the best Support gun of them all (?).

Yeah, I've been using the M60 but it's really slow and kicks like a horse. The M240 is almost like an assault rifle in comparison.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
zlatko said:
Idk why I fall for the "noob server" tag. Granted this one I joined sure felt like a buncha noob douche bags.

Rush on Metro, still on the first part. The other team is defense and they are all snipers and there's a few doing mortars. Literally can't move out of spawn more than 2 feet.

:/
Smoke. Smoke is your friend. Whether it's mortar smoke or underbarrel smoke, if you can get cover down, the other team won't be able to defend. You'll now be in much closer quarters which is something that snipers aren't really very meant to fight in.

Anyway unlocked the Javelin yesterday and then asked if there were any guys with the SOFLAM. Their armor didn't stand a chance. >:D

mxgt

Banned
Ikuu said:
F2000 with the IRNV is so broken, going to suck when they nerf them.

I unlocked the F2000 so fast and pretty much immediately knew the gun was crazy good.

It'll be a sad day when it gets nerfed as I love it so much, but it needs to be done.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ikuu said:
Nothing, just lets you use the MA41 on RU, and AK on US.

Can you answer if you can use the MP-443 pistol without attachments on the US side, please? I don't think I've ever had that answered and would love to know.

TheSeks said:
Can you answer if you can use the MP-443 pistol without attachments on the US side, please? I don't think I've ever had that answered and would love to know.

Almost positive pistols are all-kit weapons.

Whats the best mode to play to unlock weapons faster? I'm a level 5 and I keep getting killed from long distances and its really annoying

BigJonsson said:
Whats the best mode to play to unlock weapons faster? I'm a level 5 and I keep getting killed from long distances and its really annoying

You might want to check TDM, maps are smaller and most confrontations are close range/mid range.

Also for Sniper weapons you should go hardcore, sniper rifles are OHK even at +100m, so it makes the class a bit cheap but even more useful than in normal.

BigJonsson said:

Probably Rush or TDM. I can tell you now, though, the unlockable weapons aren't THAT much greater than the ones you start with. Maybe the F2000 is, but I have my most kills with the engy M4 and the M16 is badass, as well.

zlatko

Banned
I think they fixed the camo issue. My camo loadouts from yesterday were saved to today.

Now I want to be able to change loadouts from battlelog, and the spawns in TDM to be fixed.

I see

I've found I do best in TDM and worst in conquest

I also cannot stand people that play recon while on attack in rush and just sit and camp instead of help capture the objectives =/

RS4-

BigJonsson said:

if you're playing on PC, find a TDM server if you have the spawn beacon

- spawn as recon, drop beacon indoors
- spawn as other class as you rack up kills + respawn bonuses
- get 10k medal for every 100 respawns on your beacon

Every match lasts a few minutes, you can probably avg 1500+ every match.

Even without the beacon, TDM is pretty easy. Just avoid the 64 player servers if you don't have the spawn beacon or else you get screwed over by the spawn system as it wasn't meant to cope with the extra 32 players (with your spawn beacon up or a squad mates, you can spawn instantly)

BigJonsson said:
I see

I've found I do best in TDM and worst in conquest

I also cannot stand people that play recon while on attack in rush and just sit and camp instead of help capture the objectives =/

Don't go to hardcore mode, then. Recons there enter maximum camper mode, because basically they have free way to do it.

Soma

Man, sure would be nice to leave the game at the results screen. But nope. Apparently I want to wait 40 seconds and then a loading screen to quit out of this game.

Same thing in BC2 wtf

moonspeak said:
Man, sure would be nice to leave the game at the results screen. But nope. Apparently I want to wait 40 seconds and then a loading screen to quit out of this game.

Same thing in BC2 wtf

Yea, they should patch that

.nimrod

mxgt said:
I unlocked the F2000 so fast and pretty much immediately knew the gun was crazy good.

It'll be a sad day when it gets nerfed as I love it so much, but it needs to be done.
They shouldn't nerf the F2000 but rather buff the other weapons because right now it's almost the only weapon that feels right and like it was in the beta.
I don't want BF3 to become an abomination like the PC version of BC2 where they nerfed everything and every weapon felt like shit.

Has somebody ever been killed by a jet in BF3? I remember them being uber annoying in BF2, they seem quite useless in BF3. I welcomed the addition of Stingers in the engineer's package but they are not necessary, a good ol'anti-tank launcher is much more useful.

RS4-

Mr Sandman said:
Suppressing the shit out of sniper with the suppression spec (and getting hit markers) and having him somehow headshot me back really pisses me off. The feature feels worthless sometimes. It should affect accuracy greatly like RO2.

Affect accuracy, movement and reloading ability!

Orlandu84 said:
I fell in love with support due to the M249, C4, and ammo packs. I just love it when a main battle tank passes by a building that I am hiding in. A little bit of patience and stealth is all I need to rid the world of one more tank! Such a great class:)
me too blowing up tank with c4 is so satisfying.

eek5

Mr Sandman said:
Suppressing the shit out of sniper with the suppression spec (and getting hit markers) and having him somehow headshot me back really pisses me off. The feature feels worthless sometimes. It should affect accuracy greatly like RO2.
It's a lucky shot imo. I counter them with my LMG way more often than I get hit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Mr Sandman said:
I think it should increase scope sway as well. I also think suppression should be additive (think Perfect Dark n-bombs), so you really get punished if you don't put your head down.

I'd like to nullify all my comments regarding the sniper, after unlocking the IRNV for my SV98 I went from negative kdr to ending games with 20/3 kdr, it is so unbalanced! Having tons of fun in damavand's halls. I'm enjoying the hell out of it before it gets nerfed which will be probably soon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anton Sugar said:
Almost positive pistols are all-kit weapons.

Yeah, but the MP-443 is cross-team with silencer or tactical light. I want neither of those on it. That's what I'm curious.

aznpxdd

After hearing how good the F2000 is, I really want to work on it, but its sooo hard to play without the IRNV after being used to it :p

aznpxdd said:
After hearing how good the F2000 is, I really want to work on it, but its sooo hard to play without the IRNV after being used to it :p
Yup pretty much in the same boat, love that IRNV, especially in caspian border forest area, so many campers killed there, without it I feel like a deer in the headlights.

El'Kharn

BrainZEROX said:
Has somebody ever been killed by a jet in BF3? I remember them being uber annoying in BF2, they seem quite useless in BF3. I welcomed the addition of Stingers in the engineer's package but they are not necessary, a good ol'anti-tank launcher is much more useful.

Joking right?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
El'Kharn said:
Joking right?

Well I for one have not been killed by a jet while on the ground, nor have I killed any infantry while flying a jet.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Mr Sandman said:
It happens a lot though. And I'm not necessarily talking about LMGs, just with any weapon. It's fine on LMGs, but pointless to try with others even with the perk. The G3 (big round) with a 3X scope would be ideal to suppress a sniper while your buddy flanks but "nope lol peak a boo"
You can unlock a SUPR perk that makes it easier to suppress.

DMeisterJ

Banned
harrytang said:
encountered a bug on xbox 360 where i picked up a squad mates kit and became invincible to gunfire. realized what happened when i took on three guys at once with a pistol and didnt die. after a few more kills a grenade managed to kill me. hope this bug doesnt become wide spread.

That happened to me yesterday as well. My teammate picked up my kit and revived me with it, and I couldn't be killed. I found out that my squad mates thought I was still dead, and the rest of my teammates kept on trying to kill me, so I must have looked like an enemy? Weird glitch.

georgc

Mr Sandman said:
This shit pisses me off to no end I was so excited when theydaid that suppression was a ganeplay mechanic I freaked. It's worthless.

Corky said:
Well I for one have not been killed by a jet while on the ground, nor have I killed any infantry while flying a jet.
Maybe he is talking about using an anti-tank thing instead.

But it seems I have a new challenge to kill you.

georgc said:
This shit pisses me off to no end I was so excited when theydaid that suppression was a ganeplay mechanic I freaked. It's worthless.

That's an exaggeration. Suppression does a great job at getting people to stop whatever they're doing and take cover, or get killed. Just because someone got killed once by a sniper they were suppressing doesn't mean the mechanic fails all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom