• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
man im waiting on a balancing patch. fucking AA tanks and IFV are murdering the MBT. I mean whats the point of a guided missile that only locks on close range? cmon son.

SOFLAM or CITV is the point. First round with somebody in the 3rd seat I got 17 kills before we lost the tank and ALL of those kills were vehicle drivers/passengers, no infantry. 3rd seat paints the target, once it is painted your guided shell has a much, much longer range and does much, much more damage. Basically anything that would usually be 100 point disable with the enemy exiting the vehicle and escaping is a kill instead.

If you're getting murdered by an AA tank when you're in an MBT then quite frankly you're playing poorly. IFV it is just a matter of concentrated damage. If you hit with guided missile and main round it will disable the ISF. Then it is just a matter of dealing with the 4 repair-monkeys that magically appear. :)

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Guys, for the love of christ, if you're waiting to spawn and see a squad mate capping something by himself, SPAWN ON HIM. I feel like no one in this game even bothers checking what their squad is doing when considering a spawn point.

akira28

rance said:
We all do that. It's just that there's no way to make dropping an ammo crate sound awesome dude.

"yeah this one time i dropped an ammo crate for someone, i'm sure the dude appreciated it :)"

Naw dude, it's true. When I'm elbows deep in crap and getting shot at and I run into a box I don't even see and I'm fully healed or have grenades again? It's like a clear cool drink of water dude. Dropped packs are really appreciated. Especially since I suck. I got this goddamn logitech laser mouse and can't track a moving target for shit.

Ppl need to stop asking for shit to be removed. It's in the game, shit's been play tested. It's new to you? Fucking adapt. I didn't pay for new shit to be taken away just because someone's outside of their comfort zone. I haven't even earned it yet, and have had my ass owned by it, but shit, when I killed the guy and stole his weapon, the shit looked awesome. Nerf it a bit, but stop asking for removal, that shit is not cool.

Beaner

Jack Scofield said:
On 360, left trigger and right trigger control the throttle for jets, correct? Because no matter what I do, I can never seem to make a quick turn in these things, even if I'm braking and maneuvering the jet in the direction I want to go.

There's a sweet spot you have to hit, where if you manage to stay in it you'll turn on a dime. You have to brake a little and attempt to maintain throttle % when you start turning sharply

Woo-Fu said:
SOFLAM or CITV is the point. First round with somebody in the 3rd seat I got 17 kills before we lost the tank and ALL of those kills were vehicle drivers/passengers, no infantry. 3rd seat paints the target, once it is painted your guided shell has a much, much longer range and does much, much more damage. Basically anything that would usually be 100 point disable with the enemy exiting the vehicle and escaping is a kill instead.

If you're getting murdered by an AA tank when you're in an MBT then quite frankly you're playing poorly. IFV it is just a matter of concentrated damage. If you hit with guided missile and main round it will disable the ISF. Then it is just a matter of dealing with the 4 repair-monkeys that magically appear. :)

lmao I just could not fuck with that AA tank on Caspian today. I usually do VERY well in the MBT but ughhh...

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
ElyrionX said:
So I ran into a guy in a 60-player server who killed me three times in a row in different locations with a SKS. All three times I die in one shot (as far as I can tell), thus indicating headshots and two of them occurred while I was sprinting. He ended up the match with a K/D of 36-2 despite his team losing. I went to check out his profile and he has a K/D ratio of 7.7 and has a score/min of 866. He's played only about 9 hours of the game with about 1.5 hours of that time spent in the vehicles. In his 15 mins spent in the T-90, he has got 97 kills. 31 mins in the M1 Abrams with 82 kills.

I mean, how the hell is this even possible? In a game like BF3 with 60-man servers, how do you achieve stats like that spending most of your time as a Recon carrying a SVS? Half the time I'm getting killed because of a bad spawn or just pure bad luck. With MAVs in the air and with the mini map showing people who have spotted, how do you keep up such a K/D ratio while spending so much time on foot?

This is his profile BTW:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/KRK_Antiphoenix/vehicles/303015332/pc/

Also, in the half an hour or so of me looking at his profile and posting this, he has already changed his soldier name once. I didn't even know you can change your soldier name.

EDIT: Wait, he has changed his name AGAIN. So that's twice he has changed his soldier name in half an hour. This is his new profile:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Patecatil/stats/303015332/

EDIT2: Changed his soldier name again. The above links still work though. How do you even change your soldier name? I can't find this option anywhere.
Had the same experience with a guy 1 shotting me across the map on Caspian. Was ridiculous.

def sim

They should make it so the flashlight and laser counter the IRNV. Distorts the image, blinds the player, whatever. The scope is very good, but nowhere near broken at all so I would rather they not make an item irrelevant because of initial reactions.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
rance said:
They should make it so the flashlight and laser counter the IRNV. Distorts the image, blinds the player, whatever. The scope is very good, but nowhere near broken at all so I would rather they not make an item irrelevant because of initial reactions.
And what counters them then? They need to make it like it was in the beta, can't believe people are still trying to claim it isn't OP :lol

Khal_B

Man, had a really bad night tonight. Felt like I was pumping entire clips into dudes and they just turn around and kill me in a second. Literally. So frustrated right now. Do you think maybe lag is a problem? My ping to servers is generally 90 and up, so I don't know if maybe that's a contributing factor.

Also, I'm really tired of dying 2 seconds after I'm behind cover.

def sim

Ikuu said:
And what counters them then? They need to make it like it was in the beta, can't believe people are still trying to claim it isn't OP :lol

Do the flashlights and lasers really need a counter? I know there's no drawback to them other than taking up a permutation slot, but they're really just a small advantageous annoyance. I don't expect this or any game to be magically balanced.

ElyrionX said:
So I ran into a guy in a 60-player server who killed me three times in a row in different locations with a SKS. All three times I die in one shot (as far as I can tell), thus indicating headshots and two of them occurred while I was sprinting. He ended up the match with a K/D of 36-2 despite his team losing. I went to check out his profile and he has a K/D ratio of 7.7 and has a score/min of 866. He's played only about 9 hours of the game with about 1.5 hours of that time spent in the vehicles. In his 15 mins spent in the T-90, he has got 97 kills. 31 mins in the M1 Abrams with 82 kills.

I mean, how the hell is this even possible? In a game like BF3 with 60-man servers, how do you achieve stats like that spending most of your time as a Recon carrying a SVS? Half the time I'm getting killed because of a bad spawn or just pure bad luck. With MAVs in the air and with the mini map showing people who have spotted, how do you keep up such a K/D ratio while spending so much time on foot?

This is his profile BTW:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/KRK_Antiphoenix/vehicles/303015332/pc/

Also, in the half an hour or so of me looking at his profile and posting this, he has already changed his soldier name once. I didn't even know you can change your soldier name.

EDIT: Wait, he has changed his name AGAIN. So that's twice he has changed his soldier name in half an hour. This is his new profile:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Patecatil/stats/303015332/

EDIT2: Changed his soldier name again. The above links still work though. How do you even change your soldier name? I can't find this option anywhere.

This is precisely why, when you ban someone from a server, you ban their EA ID and not their Soldier name.

Reposting for new page:

Hey guys, since it's apparent that DICE does look at Get Satisfaction suggestions, I really think we should take advantage of this and get support for some of these ideas (currently, some of the most popular on the site). Please go to these and "like" the idea in order to get the attention of DICE. Unlike a petition or random forum post, this site actually IS looked at by DICE, so it's the best place to contribute.

Note: you may want to make sure you disable the "follow" function, which auto-enables when you like a topic, or you'll get a lot of emails.

Customize Weapon Loadouts Directly from Battlelog
New In-Game UI
When dead, give us options/squad/weapons/classes menu earlier instead of showing deathcam only
In-game ping on scoreboard
6 man squads, Commanders, full detailed map view and squad orders!
Ability to quit after a round has completed
End of round chat
Make chat window smaller or resizable
Practice mode/free roam

And two of my own:

Flashlight brightness based on HDR lighting OR indoor/outdoor location
Improving Party & Join as Party functionality

For those complaining about the flashlight, please take a look at my idea. Trying to get it as much visibility as possible...it's a long shot, but who knows.

Khal_B said:
Man, had a really bad night tonight. Felt like I was pumping entire clips into dudes and they just turn around and kill me in a second. Literally. So frustrated right now. Do you think maybe lag is a problem? My ping to servers is generally 90 and up, so I don't know if maybe that's a contributing factor.

I've noticed this too-it's like they're taking moe damage.

kitch9

Banned
Khal_B said:

pingtest.net

Run test numerous times and check for packet loss.....

TheSeks said:
Seriously, no one using kit items except me is so annoying.

I even will REPAIR YOU IF YOU STICK AROUND DUDE! JUST WAIT A MOMENT!
When I'm repairing I always keep a finger close to E. Crazy tank drivers sometimes take off when you least expect it. Luckily I have the tank commander seat unlocked so even when driver and remote gunner positions are taken I can still hitch a ride. Now if people would pay attention to the chat when you warn them for mines it would be excellent. Problem is that any message only shows up two seconds. At least squad messages are in green and are hard to miss but the whole chat windows seems tagged on and a last minute addition because VoIP does not work ingame.

Enkidu

Dilly said:
Commo Rose really is useless in this game.
Indeed it is. It lacks the most useful commands (requesting ammo/health) and even the ones it does have are so low that you can barely even hear them. Sometimes when I sit in a jeep and the driver seems to not realize that it's full and he should leave, I try to use the "Go go go" option, and then 2 seconds later I say something really quiet that nobody can hear so what's the point.

They really should make it more responsive, and much louder, it should really pop up for everyone nearby when you say something. I would also bring back the "requesting ammo/health" option and make it so that if you are close to someone it shows up on the screen. If you are not looking directly at the person it will show up on the side of the screen, like a grenade indicator usually does. This way you will really get their attention and they'll know where you are. You should probably also get twice as many points for helping someone who has requested it, so that people will actually seek one the ones who request help.

Binabik15

MDavis360 said:
I've noticed this too-it's like they're taking moe damage.

I had this a looot in the beta, but the only times I swear people should´ve been dead but aren´t were with the 870 and the DAO-12. So I guess it´s shotguns being shotguns and not working properly in a DICE game, not the netcode itself. I noticed slight suttering, not even real rubberbandin once in the 5 hours I played. I´m really thrilled about this, sind I only have 3 mb internet with a ping of 50 to the speedtest server, so my ping to game servers is always 60+.

About kits, even on the GAF server people seemed to run away from my med-kits. You´re way to fast capping those points, guys :/ And repairs, why would anybody get out of a not even disabled tank when the enemy tank/AT soldier is dead and I´ve already repaired you for 10 or 20 points? More free tanks for me, I guess.

Btw, is the flashlight on pistols the same "nuclear fire filling your screen" effect? I´m running around with the 1911 tactical and I was always wondering why people stopped shooting me once I switched over to the pistol, until I realised that it has a flashlight that I could´t even see being on in the daylight maps, lol. Running out of ammo or being caught while reloading and afraid of dying, pulling out the pistol and never get hit again. Trollface.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Having an engineer constantly repairing the Little Bird while flying around the map is a friggin godsend I can tell you that.

FStop7

Banned
People get pretty angry at mobile AA when it's being used effectively.

Stop crying about it and come and get me if you want it to stop.

Gen X said:
Having an engineer constantly repairing the Little Bird while flying around the map is a friggin godsend I can tell you that.
And he doesn't even get any repair points for his efforts. It's still nice to see plenty of people not caring about points though and just having fun by helping other people. The scout helos are sadly too weak to really do anything. You can be shot from the cockpit by any odd assault rifle but you have to hit someone about 20 times to kill them with the miniguns.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Gen.Grievous said:
And he doesn't even get any repair points for his efforts. It's still nice to see plenty of people not caring about points though and just having fun by helping other people. The scout helos are sadly too weak to really do anything. You can be shot from the cockpit by any odd assault rifle but you have to hit someone about 20 times to kill them with the miniguns.

I didn't realise they didn't get points so kudos to them. Mind you, it's not like they can do anything else when flying around but it's still appreciated. Atleast being alive longer means the possibility of more kills, especially now I have heatseekers unlocked.

So an urgent question from my brother.

He just bought the european version of BF3 (PS3) in Austria and wants to play it in Italy but he is unable to redeem it's online Pass. He tried it in the ingame menu and on the PSN store but he keeps getting an error (no longer available, not correct)

I tried skimming through the posts here, but found nothing. Is this a widespread issue? If so, are there some general ways of solving EAs complete and utter incompetence?

I'd appreciate a fast response as my brother is about to throw his PS3 out of the window (wouldn't be the first one)

Mafro

Khal_B said:
This has been a problem for all of the BF Frostbite engine games, I hate the way it handles lag like this. Really fucking annoying but it seems much worse in this than it's ever been. Running behind ideal cover and still getting shot a few times has resulted in me dying god knows how many times, and the BF games are the only games I have this happen to me, it's a shame DICE couldn't find a better way to manage lag.

Enkidu said:
Indeed it is. It lacks the most useful commands (requesting ammo/health) and even the ones it does have are so low that you can barely even hear them. Sometimes when I sit in a jeep and the driver seems to not realize that it's full and he should leave, I try to use the "Go go go" option, and then 2 seconds later I say something really quiet that nobody can hear so what's the point.

They really should make it more responsive, and much louder, it should really pop up for everyone nearby when you say something. I would also bring back the "requesting ammo/health" option and make it so that if you are close to someone it shows up on the screen. If you are not looking directly at the person it will show up on the side of the screen, like a grenade indicator usually does. This way you will really get their attention and they'll know where you are. You should probably also get twice as many points for helping someone who has requested it, so that people will actually seek one the ones who request help.
BC2's system was perfect in that respect. Just press spot while aiming at a teammate and your guy will shout a context sensitive command. Like, give me ammo/health.

good matches faceless. We were whooping for awhile. That awesome comeback we had on metro. I was like 41-18 at the end. Picked up like 12 at the cafe flag in the last 3-4 mins.

It's funny cause I joined my cousin and he was in the room with you :p I was gonna add you but your FL is full

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
One of the things that bugs me about Battlelog is that one of the largest things shown is "accuracy".

Every time I'm playing as a support class and suppressing the enemy, all I can think about is how I'm ruining my accuracy rating. I will sometimes unload two entire clips of 200 bullets each just to suppress the enemy so my team can advance. My reward? A few meager points for suppression support kills, and a huge accuracy JPG on my stats showing a 8.1% accuracy.

WTF.

Salacious Crumb

FlyinJ said:
One of the things that bugs me about Battlelog is that one of the largest things shown is "accuracy".

Every time I'm playing as a support class and suppressing the enemy, all I can think about is how I'm ruining my accuracy rating. I will sometimes unload two entire clips of 200 bullets each just to suppress the enemy so my team can advance. My reward? A few meager points for suppression support kills, and a huge accuracy JPG on my stats showing a 8.1% accuracy.

WTF.

There's only two stats that matter in BF3; SPM, and W/L ratio. Who cares about accuracy, especially if you're playing support with ammo bags.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Salacious Crumb said:
There's only two stats that matter in BF3; SPM, and W/L ratio. Who cares about accuracy, especially if you're playing support with ammo bags.

Does W/L ratio really matter either? You can be the best BF player in the world, and if you're stuck on a shit team, you're going to lose.

IMO, the only stat that matters is SPM.

mxgt

Banned
Khal_B said:

This shit sends me into hulk mode and happens all the fucking time even on <20 ping servers.

I run around a corner and still get killed, so unbelievably annoying.

EVIL

Mafro said:
This has been a problem for all of the BF Frostbite engine games, I hate the way it handles lag like this. Really fucking annoying but it seems much worse in this than it's ever been. Running behind ideal cover and still getting shot a few times has resulted in me dying god knows how many times, and the BF games are the only games I have this happen to me, it's a shame DICE couldn't find a better way to manage lag.
its not only that but when your behind cover and you can't see over it (when crouched), still a small part of your head is visible and that can be shot. You think you are fully behind cover but in reality, you are not.

Divius

1stStrike said:
Use it while they're locking on. If they're already locked on it's too late. Smoke will break their lock, but once it's cleared they'll be able to start locking on again. Luckily, smoke regenerates pretty quick.

Also, you can combine this with thermal armor which is like the tank's version of stealth. It'll make it so it takes them longer to lock on to you.
Guess I was using the smoke too late, tanks for the help. Thermal Camo is my first upcoming unlock, but I still need a lot of pts.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
mxgt said:
This shit sends me into hulk mode and happens all the fucking time even on <20 ping servers.

I run around a corner and still get killed, so unbelievably annoying.

I have this happen all the time as well. I see the kill cam, thinking someone must have been firing from behind me, but nope. It's literally a second and a half after I've completely blocked myself behind solid rock, and then I die.

This is on Ping <30 servers.

kitch9

Banned
Mafro said:

The are never going to figure out a way to deal with the delays of the internet, unless you want them to basically guess when you are going to get hit.

DrBo42

Freki said:
Or they are just grinding points...
No, there's a difference. Playing the helicopter mission right now and every time I play gunner, I get a retarded pilot that tries to strafe every enemy on the map. When doing so, your gunner has no shot at any other enemies on the map. The result of course is that the friendly squads die and no one gets points.

Divius

DrBo42 said:
No, there's a difference. Playing the helicopter mission right now and every time I play gunner, I get a retarded pilot that tries to strafe every enemy on the map. When doing so, your gunner has no shot at any other enemies on the map. The result of course is that the friendly squads die and no one gets points.
Hm that sucks. When I have to fly I just kinda hover and let my gunner do all the work :p (alright, alright I help a bit when the AA/LAV's appears)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom